Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Yeah shut up please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

timefly posted:

Time to complain about my boyfriend's friends. His weird friend is getting worse I think. He walks around with his hair super dirty and greasy, in a mullet with bald patches, tangled in two rat's nests at the front and back of his head. It's almost painful to look at him, I actually try to avoid seeing him out of the corner of my eye because it depresses me. He reminds me of the two people I knew while they were dying.

His brother bought him a brush, which he said he used but I didn't see any difference. And seemed awkward/offended when I offered to pay for him to get a haircut with me next time I go. He is a disgusting oversharer and makes random statements that are impossible to respond to, like "My brother bought me an ashtray!" or "I made my bed this morning."

And yet he talks about hookups with attractive women, and people (who were obviously bots) on adultfriendfinder calling him hot. If he fixed his mental problems, stopped blurting out random things, and practiced basic hygiene I'm sure he could date a girl who doesn't care about looks, but no one anywhere ever would call him hot.

He hit on one of our friends the other day, a girl who is insanely picky about men, and tried to give her a neck massage. Yeah.

Lots of times I've found that people with the lowest self-esteem can act weirdly overconfident. The friend he hit on is constantly going on online dates and then coming over and relentlessly making GBS threads on the guys she meets, many of whom are indeed total losers, but she can be incredibly judgemental.

She is 35 and has never moved out of her parents' house. She has never worked much, and she's about to stop working again. She should probably be on disability though because she has chronic pain and symptoms of psychosis. One of her psych meds has given her tardive dyskinesia, so she has a pronounced twitch. She is very uneducated and gullible (thought fake documentary about mermaids was real). Yet she expects to date, like, a hot doctor.

She thought it was "hosed up" that my boyfriend went to spend a few nights at his mom's instead of at our apartment. She also thought it was "hosed up" that a guy she dated had moved out and let his ex and their kids have the house. A guy has to take her out to dinner at least once a week and not even ask to split it and never go anywhere without inviting her or she gets upset. One time we were at a bar and a cute guy asked if she wanted to split a pitcher, and she became highly offended and complained about how she doesn't pay for things. She thought a financial advisor who made 6 figures was a loser because he had a BS in Psychology but his job was unrelated, then asked me what psychology was :psyduck: Whenever she comes over we both have to walk her from her car to the door, and again when she leaves, even during the day. Probably because she's insanely racist, as she's always talking about how she'd never date a black guy. It's just reality, I don't know what she thinks she can bring to a relationship and have someone hold her hand and support her. No, she isn't hot.

Both of them are sweet though, so I feel bad about being so annoyed by them and try to be nice, but omg.

Is that first friend named Cam, because that sounds like someone I was friends/roommates with in my late teens/early 20s. Friendship came to an end when he asked for a hug one night when my boyfriend was in the bathroom, and he started whispering about how he was in love with me the whole time and I should dump my BF for him. He had a bar of soap in the shower that had deep canyons running through where the water had eroded it away because he never used it.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Your boyfriend needs new friends like, yesterday.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Is that first friend named Cam, because that sounds like someone I was friends/roommates with in my late teens/early 20s. Friendship came to an end when he asked for a hug one night when my boyfriend was in the bathroom, and he started whispering about how he was in love with me the whole time and I should dump my BF for him. He had a bar of soap in the shower that had deep canyons running through where the water had eroded it away because he never used it.

Nope, not Cam. That is highly disturbing.

My boyfriend has other, better friends but we humor these two because they go way back and seem to like us. But their presence stresses me out big time, especially the guy. I could make fun of his odd mannerisms for hours tbh.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

If you feel stressed out and uncomfortable around them

perhaps stop hanging with them

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Nah, I can deal with them sometimes for my boyfriend's sake.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

timefly posted:

This makes me unreasonably angry

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

timefly posted:

What are you, loving stupid?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

timefly posted:

a thing, a thought- if you feel uncomfortable or creeped out by someone, you do not have to deal with them or put up with them. You can just tell your bf that you do not want them around you and he can hang out with them on his own own time.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Um, OK, sorry, not sure how that came across to upset people. I guess I meant that they have been mutual friends for a while so if they come over sometimes I don't mind, and that I was just venting about their obnoxious qualities. In the case of the first guy he stresses me out because I'm sorry to see him depressed. I didn't mean to sound like I hate and fear them.

My roommate in college threw away everything I had bought on a trip to Goodwill while I was at class because she was afraid of what might be on them, and seemed to think Goodwill was basically a trash pile

timefly has a new favorite as of 07:12 on Jun 2, 2017

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I mean I wouldn't go out of my way to spend time with either of them alone but sometimes they want to come hang out in the living room for an hour at the end of the day when I'm already relaxing in there, so I'd have to hide in the bedroom or get up and go somewhere else till they leave to avoid them, and it'd be weird. Or we run into them at the bar or something. I didn't go into detail but just to clarify I'm not loving stupid

timefly has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That sounds bad. I don't want people that don't shower in my house. Do you just Febreze your couch after every visit.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I once ended up smelling like that sour piss smell that morbidly obese people smell like after driving a rental power chair back to our shop when this giant lady rented it for a few hours. I was sitting on this chair for no more than 3 minutes. I scrubbed the stupid chair after the fact multiple times, and the air in the rental booth still smelled like it days later. The chair was officially out of commission for a week until the smell finally dissipated. One of my coworkers walked back there after a few hours and asked why it smelled so strongly like fat people.

If you sit where that smelly gently caress sits, you are going to smell like him and so will all your stuff for days.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

timefly posted:

I mean I wouldn't go out of my way to spend time with either of them alone but sometimes they want to come hang out in the living room for an hour at the end of the day when I'm already relaxing in there, so I'd have to hide in the bedroom or get up and go somewhere else till they leave to avoid them, and it'd be weird. Or we run into them at the bar or something. I didn't go into detail but just to clarify I'm not loving stupid

I understand you're your own person and can make your own decisions but please live your life the way I tell you to

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

timefly posted:

Um, OK, sorry, not sure how that came across to upset people. I guess I meant that they have been mutual friends for a while so if they come over sometimes I don't mind, and that I was just venting about their obnoxious qualities. In the case of the first guy he stresses me out because I'm sorry to see him depressed. I didn't mean to sound like I hate and fear them.

Lol, on this forum, someone being socially awkward is like the worst sin. I think if you had described the first guy as being a violent rapist or abuser or con man or whatever instead of being weird, sad and lonely, the response from the posters here would have been milder.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Nnnno, dude. My response would have been to call the loving police. The actual gently caress, my guy.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
The response is totally disproportionate though. Here on Something Awful we often treat people who are weird, sad, and lonely as committing a crime against society on par with Hitler, Apartheid South Africa, etc. IMO, they probably more appropriately should be pitied instead of reviled.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

silence_kit posted:

The response is totally disproportionate though. Here on Something Awful we often treat people who are weird, sad, and lonely as committing a crime against society on par with Hitler, Apartheid South Africa, etc. IMO, they probably more appropriately should be pitied instead of reviled.

It's just projecting. Most of the people laying on all the hate are former socially awkward/weird/sad/lonely people who finally got a modicum of success in life and proceed to poo poo on everyone else who hasn't yet, patting themselves on the back for bootstrapping themselves out of their problems at the same time.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something odd that I tend to do is get really infantile internally with certain items, like when I need to go get more scouring pads for washing dishes, I always think of them as "scrubbies", like "Oh right I need to buy more scrubbies later". It's just what I call them in my head and I have no idea why. Anyone else have that kind of oddity?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The existence of companies like blue apron and hello fresh seriously irritates me.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk, specially when it's busy and like everyone else is keeping right except for them.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
People riding their bikes on the sidewalk.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Novum posted:

People riding their bikes on the sidewalk.

100% this. Especially when they are clearly perturbed when I don't walk on the grass so they can speed down the sidewalk uninterrupted. If you are older than 13 get on the loving road.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What if they are older than 60? I would feel bad about reporting them.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
When the usps hardly knocks

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Jun 3, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Complaining that a service costs money. We don't work for free. Pay up or shut up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Picnic Princess posted:

Complaining that a service costs money. We don't work for free. Pay up or shut up.

They rarely shut up. For Exposure on twitter has their greatest hits.
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/868486246414245890

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

om nom nom posted:

100% this. Especially when they are clearly perturbed when I don't walk on the grass so they can speed down the sidewalk uninterrupted. If you are older than 13 get on the loving road.

Where I live there are a lot of shared bike/pedestrian paths. One side of the road will be an ordinary footpath and the other will be shared. Dickheads still ride their bikes on the pedestrian-only side. :argh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They rarely shut up. For Exposure on twitter has their greatest hits.
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/868486246414245890

It was only THREE DOLLARS

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What service is this?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

What service is this?

Drawing stuff, usually. Many people seem to believe that artists should just be delighted to hand out their work for free. After all, if they already have fun drawing things in the first place, isn't that kind of its own reward?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I used to work at a laser tag place that held birthday parties. The package came with two large pizzas. Sometimes the parents would order a third, then become completely baffled that they were being charged more. How do people like this live until adulthood AND manage to reproduce?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

yo rear end is grass posted:

I used to work at a laser tag place that held birthday parties. The package came with two large pizzas. Sometimes the parents would order a third, then become completely baffled that they were being charged more. How do people like this live until adulthood AND manage to reproduce?

consider how loving dumb a lot of animals are and they manage to reproduce

don't need to be smart to get your bang on

Slime has a new favorite as of 11:02 on Jun 3, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

silence_kit posted:

Lol, on this forum, someone being socially awkward is like the worst sin. I think if you had described the first guy as being a violent rapist or abuser or con man or whatever instead of being weird, sad and lonely, the response from the posters here would have been milder.

Nah dude the OP has posted like 5 times about how weird this guy is and how uncomfortable he makes her etc. If you're at the point where you're making regular posts on an internet forum about how much you hate spending time with someone, maybe you should not let them into your house.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pretty much. Also, from life experience- hanging around creepy people who make you uncomfortable in an effort not to rock the boat isn't worth it. Life's too short to spend time around people like that.

Currently, I do not spend time or allow my own BF's bestie in my house, because he sends me into a seething rage within five minutes of being around me. My BF is free to spend time with him whenever he pleases, just not in my home. It works out pretty good.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

veni veni veni posted:

What service is this?

Riding a carnival ride.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It took years for me to finally be an rear end in a top hat to a stranger over something I've dealt with every other loving day.

My full name is one letter off from a very famous TV character. And today it got brought up by some frat dude in a bookstore of all places. The lady behind the desk was really nice and I came off as a huge sperg.

:) Hi I have a pickup for Rolo.
:v: Hey bro did you say your name was [Person]?
:geno: Jesus... no.
:v: Anyone ever ask you that?
:geno: Every time anyone sees my ID or asks for my name. Every single time. Thanks.

Sometimes they'll just start spouting references and quotes of the show like I have it memorized. I'm not the fictional character, what the hell are you expecting me to do in this situation?

Learn from me: if you ever meet someone with a name like Harry Botter or something, just leave them alone about it.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Jun 4, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Rolo posted:

It took years for me to finally be an rear end in a top hat to a stranger over something I've dealt with every other loving day.

My full name is one letter off from a very famous TV character. And today it got brought up by some frat dude in a bookstore of all places. The lady behind the desk was really nice and I came off as a huge sperg.

:geno: Every time anyone sees my ID or asks for my name. Every single time. Thanks.

Sometimes they'll just start spouting references and quotes of the show like I have it memorized. I'm not the fictional character, what the hell are you expecting me to do in this situation?

Learn from me: if you ever meet someone with a name like Harry Botter or something, just leave them alone about it.

I see - your name is Yolo! :v:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rolo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BaMx_n2_hM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

veni veni veni posted:

The existence of companies like blue apron and hello fresh seriously irritates me.

This reminds me: people who have lots of money who tell you to do stuff, completely oblivious to the value of money for poor people. Similarly, people who have had a good job for a long time or got a good job easily (doctor, family business, etc) try to give you job advice.

Doctor and husband Senior video game programmer @ WB games: "omg we got this new thing called Blue Apron, you should totally try it! They bring all the ingredients to your door like steak already chopped up, you just put it in the pan! It's a fun way to spend the evening together!" Me "I just worked a 14 hour shift and made $100 before tax, tomorrow I work another one yes let me make a relaxing dinner at home after my 9-5 jo-----hahahahahaha

Old guy who worked for the city and has family connections: "just walk in, they'll give you a job!" (Uh no) "Why don't you work at the Suburban library?" (Suburban libraries don't hire 30 year olds with tattoos and piercings and a worthless art degree. They hire little old ladies who work 10 hours a week. Furthermore, the city I work in's minimum wage is way higher than in the suburbs). "[generic job advice that applies to other fields, not art]" (I have explained many times that that stuff doesn't apply to art jobs but they don't listen and keep giving irrelevant advice). "Don't work so many hours, you'll overwork yourself!" (How the gently caress else am I going to pay my bills?) "Just drive Uber!" (I have a 2 door car, am female, and 5'0" and 120lbs. Yes Uber is a good idea :thumbsup:

And so on.

E: the first person (doctor; specifically, gynecologist) likes to talk about "those blacks" who are poor but apparently have gold chains and iPhones while delivering their babies. My extended family is a bunch of racists and "bootstraps" types. I refused to go to the last get-together because doctor&programmer had just come back from their 6-month long trip literally around the world and obviously were going to talk about it. No they did not need to find new jobs because their old jobs just re-hired them no questions asked. Yay.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:37 on Jun 4, 2017

• Locked thread