Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
Petscop is a thing you might wanna check out.. It is a normal let's play of an alpha version of an unreleased PS1 game.

DumbRodent fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wait smite is smight now?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah. Brand change now that Twitch allows name changes, allows him to get away from being associated with the MOBA Smite.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DumbRodent posted:

This is about the loosest definition of a Let's Play possible but Petscop is a thing you might wanna check out. More of a Ben Drowned haunted cartridge story presented as a VLP. He seems to have made the game from scratch for this purpose.

What're you talking about, it's just an alpha copy of an unfinished game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Any good combat flight simulator LPs out there? Selenic Martian's Strike Fighters 2 LP was pretty entertaining.

Preferably real world stuff, not space sims.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Any good combat flight simulator LPs out there? Selenic Martian's Strike Fighters 2 LP was pretty entertaining.

Preferably real world stuff, not space sims.

The best I can think of that was finished is Jefmajor's many IL-2 LPs.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Any good LPs for Crypt of the Necrodancer?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Didn't someone do screenshot LPs of Silent Hill 1,2,3, and 4? They're not on the archive. I think it was a guy called FromEarth.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Didn't someone do screenshot LPs of Silent Hill 1,2,3, and 4? They're not on the archive. I think it was a guy called FromEarth.

Yeah, four Silent Hill LPs by "From Earth". When you think there was an LP of something that isn't on the Archive, you can check the LP Master List. It's user-submitted, so some things fall through the cracks, but generally, it's a good extra resource.

However, these LPs seem to be lost to the depths of the internet due to lost screenshots.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, four Silent Hill LPs by "From Earth". When you think there was an LP of something that isn't on the Archive, you can check the LP Master List. It's user-submitted, so some things fall through the cracks, but generally, it's a good extra resource.

However, these LPs seem to be lost to the depths of the internet due to lost screenshots.

I was going to say, "those are definitely on the archive" but I guess they got pulled because of the screenshot issue.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Why didn't the screenshots get uploaded to the archive? Those LPs were funny.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Has anyone done an LP of STALKER Call of Misery, in English? Or at least some gameplay stuff that isn't one six hour long stream.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

From Earth got the Silent Hill SSLPs removed from the archive in... 2012 or '13? I think it had to do with him not liking the 2006-style humor of those LPs at that point.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm looking for an informative high skill LP of Invisible Inc., without unlocked characters. Basically just the starting stuff, but played by somebody who knows what they're doing. Video LP is what I'm looking for. Don't care on what platform it is, here, youtube or wherever.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

botany posted:

I'm looking for an informative high skill LP of Invisible Inc., without unlocked characters. Basically just the starting stuff, but played by somebody who knows what they're doing. Video LP is what I'm looking for. Don't care on what platform it is, here, youtube or wherever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwX6zqCWXiA

Expert Plus difficulty, 0 rewinds, brand new file.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Sociopastry posted:

Any good LPs for Crypt of the Necrodancer?
Agent355 started one some time ago but it was abandoned. It's worth checking out for what he did complete though.

necroid
May 14, 2009

hello everyone, I've tried checking google and the forums search but I can't find it: I'm looking for the guy that LPed all the Lone Wolf books years ago, I remember reading them in 2010. any idea?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

necroid posted:

hello everyone, I've tried checking google and the forums search but I can't find it: I'm looking for the guy that LPed all the Lone Wolf books years ago, I remember reading them in 2010. any idea?

There's a variety of Lone Wolf text LPs listed on the LP Archive master list. Going by what you're saying, maybe this thread is it?

necroid
May 14, 2009

TheMcD posted:

There's a variety of Lone Wolf text LPs listed on the LP Archive master list. Going by what you're saying, maybe this thread is it?

gently caress I'd just remembered to check the master list right before I saw your post, I'm an idiot

I'm pretty sure it's EndOfTheWorld's thread yeah, thanks

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Okay, I feel like I'm going insane because I know this LP existed but I can't seem to find it. It was a World of Warcraft LP in the style of The Old Republic one, with different people writing out narrative stuff following characters of different races and classes. At this point I'm half sure its been wiped off the face of the internet because no matter how hard I searched I can't find it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TheMcD posted:

Wait, there's one of these running now? *scurries to thread*

e: nope, it's dead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there a good screenshot LP of Final Fantasy 5 out there? SNES, GBA, PSX, I'm not picky.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

Is there a good screenshot LP of Final Fantasy 5 out there? SNES, GBA, PSX, I'm not picky.

Yes.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lurdiak posted:

Orange Fluffy Sheep's GBA and Mega64's PSX LP are both good, and on the Archive. Dr. Pepper also did a low level run and Mega64 ran a challenge megathread, both of which are also worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing. I don't remember if the latter's archived though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Thanks to both of you! :tipshat:

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Does anyone know of any good and informative Etrian Odyssey Untold LP's?

Edit: in classic mode.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 10, 2017

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
After "watching" Agent355 and Blackmage Yapo's Titan Quest LP , i have the urge for more Diablo-likes to listen to in the background.

Is there any playthrough or stream archive around for games like "Path of Exile or "Grim Dawn"?
(Would prefer goons with non-squeaky or -screechy youtuber voices.)

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I really enjoyed Unfair's lp of Dishonored, is there a VLP of Dishonored 2 out there that has someone of similar competency doing it? I don't mind off site but most of what I can turn up on youtube is filled with terrible players making obnoxious jokes constantly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
As I understand it, Coolguye and Roboky are working on it.

TheSoulian
Dec 5, 2016

Whats a good lp in the style of Orange Fluffy Sheep? Where the LPer just breaks the game over their knee. Preferably screenshot.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

As I understand it, Coolguye and Roboky are working on it.

We are, though we're substantially more, uh, dynamic than unfair ever was, and DH2 will if anything be more so than our play of DH2 considering the guests we have in mind.

If you're looking for someone subdued and dry our LP will definitely not fit the bill.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

TheSoulian posted:

Whats a good lp in the style of Orange Fluffy Sheep? Where the LPer just breaks the game over their knee. Preferably screenshot.

What you probably want is challenge runs, since those are the ones where the LPer is looking to demonstrate systems mastery.

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but if you haven't seen Quovak's low-level challenge for Chrono Trigger, you really should. It's a trip.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Coolguye posted:

We are, though we're substantially more, uh, dynamic than unfair ever was, and DH2 will if anything be more so than our play of DH2 considering the guests we have in mind.

If you're looking for someone subdued and dry our LP will definitely not fit the bill.

Also,expect lots of whiffing.

gmilo
Jun 27, 2006
wooo

DJ Burette posted:

I really enjoyed Unfair's lp of Dishonored, is there a VLP of Dishonored 2 out there that has someone of similar competency doing it? I don't mind off site but most of what I can turn up on youtube is filled with terrible players making obnoxious jokes constantly.

Zevik on YouTube has a silent VLP ghost/clean hands run that is worth checking out. No obnoxious jokes and he plays flawlessly on max difficulty.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

gmilo posted:

Zevik on YouTube has a silent VLP ghost/clean hands run that is worth checking out. No obnoxious jokes and he plays flawlessly on max difficulty.

Cheers guys, this is pretty much ideal. I really like to see people play difficult games perfectly.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

gmilo posted:

Does he read the text out loud? This is important.

gmilo
Jun 27, 2006
wooo

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Does he read the text out loud? This is important.

He doesn't speak at all in any of his videos. It's a nice change of pace, especially with certain games like his dead space LPs.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I've got a silly question: recs for Pokemon video LPs that aren't obnoxious. Don't mind blind or explanative, as long as it's not classical youtube poo poo - two I liked recently were TieTuesday's infuriating romp through Uranium (so horrible romhacks/fangames are totally OK) and slowbeef's blind run of Fire Red.
Basically a nice, friendly game I can tune in or out whenever I want to and not lose anything out of the experience. Also a game I where do not need to actually see what is going on.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 14, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

anilEhilated posted:

Hey, I've got a silly question: recs for Pokemon video LPs that aren't obnoxious. Don't mind blind or explanative, as long as it's not classical youtube poo poo - two I liked recently were TieTuesday's infuriating romp through Uranium (so horrible romhacks/fangames are totally OK) and slowbeef's blind run of Fire Red.
Basically a nice, friendly game I can tune in or out whenever I want to and not lose anything out of the experience. Also a game I where do not need to actually see what is going on.

Cuggaaconroy's Pokemon LPs are generally good IMO. At times he gets loud (like when he finds a shiny in his Crystal LP), but he is generally informative and edits the poo poo out of his LPs so you aren't watching 3,000,000 random encounters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

anilEhilated posted:

I don't know if it would be your cup of tea or not, but I have been enjoying an LP of Pokémon Moon Blind Nuzlock by Kuuribro. He hasn't played Pokemon since Emerald version, and decided to go nuzlock on Pokémon Moon. He is a bit new to LP'ing, so he asks for likes and such at the end of each episode for the first 10 or so episodes, but otherwise I have been enjoying it quite a bit.