Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tim Whatley posted:

For all you that wanted to buy a Wishes poster, this site is selling them (and basically every other attraction poster) in 12x18. Obviously not official.

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2017/03/get-your-disney-attraction-posters-here.html?m=1

Thank you for these! Definitely getting the monorail, Haunted Mansion, and Wishes ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Quick questions about APs

If I want to upgrade my current ticket to an AP, can I do that at the end of my trip? And like, put the cost of the current ticket towards the AP cost? Though I probably should do it earlier for the discount huh?

And then once I have an AP, can i still make 60 day FP+ reservations if Im staying on site?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes but some tickets have different restrictions. All upgrades on used tickets must be done at the parks and typically you have to do it within 14 days of first use.

And yeah 60 day window does work with hotel but you can only reserve 7 days worth at a time

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tim Whatley posted:

For all you that wanted to buy a Wishes poster, this site is selling them (and basically every other attraction poster) in 12x18. Obviously not official.

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2017/03/get-your-disney-attraction-posters-here.html?m=1

I dunno what the next gift giving holiday is but my girlfriend is totally getting one.

She cries every time she sees wishes, and cried extra hard when we went in February because she knew she'd never see it again. She's going to cry in September when we see Happily Ever After too, I've just kind of accepted it at this point.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Unmature posted:

I just realized I don't think I ever posted this video I made in here about all the most obscure animation references I could find at WDW during my first trip ever in December: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5V9ITtzH-0

That Al Micheals for Oswald trade is the best thing ever.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that video just a looping jpeg if splash mountain

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I own a good chunk of those from those official poster calendars Disney has put out but even I'm about to go hard on those.

Pro tip, the site also makes plaques like the World Showcase trash can emblem, the PUSH door from Polynesian, etc. Dangerous.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Pro tip, the site also makes plaques like the World Showcase trash can emblem, the PUSH door from Polynesian, etc. Dangerous.

Well there goes my wallet

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

That Al Micheals for Oswald trade is the best thing ever.

It's one of my favorite Disney anecdotes to drop because it's just so drat weird. Plus most people out there don't even know about Oswald to begin with.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I rope dropped DAK today, and if you can't get a fastpass for Flight of Passage, its a pretty decent way to not wait hours for the drat thing. I arrived at DAK at around 6:30 am for an 8am opening. At around 6:45 they let us through bag check and had us wait at the turnstiles. At 7:20 or so, they let us in and walked us up to the bridge in front of tree of life, then waited for about five minutes. We then proceeded directly to Pandora, waiting at the entrance of the land (next to the lotus pod that you can make jizz water over everybody) until around 7:46 when they led us to the two attractions. By 8:00 I was almost to the merge point of the attraction, was off the ride by 8:30 at the latest.

It requires being up early, but it does have the benefit of beating the crowds to the rest of DAK too. We wandered around after for a bit and basically walked onto Dinosaur. If you are at hotel, this might be a good chance to get up early, do the ride(s) in Pandora, catch a show or the safari, then head back to the hotel for an afternoon reprieve from the heat.

I still have yet to see it at night, but I might do that next week.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

J33uk posted:

It's one of my favorite Disney anecdotes to drop because it's just so drat weird. Plus most people out there don't even know about Oswald to begin with.

I was so disappointed to learn that again and again during my trip. No one knew what my kickass hat was from :(.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have they changed FoP at all since our previews BBS?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Unmature posted:

Just scrolled through these images alternating between saying "whoa", "holy crap", and "wow!" out loud.

I was JUST telling my girlfriend how I want some Parks related art on our walls. I might have to buy one or several of these. That $200 deal is tempting.

I just realized I don't think I ever posted this video I made in here about all the most obscure animation references I could find at WDW during my first trip ever in December: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5V9ITtzH-0

Oswald is a meetable character in California Adventure. They even have a bunch of merch for him.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Dren posted:

Oswald is a meetable character in California Adventure. They even have a bunch of merch for him.

Is he out often? Or is it like Scrooge at WDW?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Unmature posted:

Not sure. We saw him out a couple times when we were there last year. He was hanging out near the park entrance in the 1920's LA themed part.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm headed into DCA, 90 minutes is doable. Better than the 150 minutes it was showing earlier today.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Unmature posted:

He appears daily.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
I'm taking my 4 year old kiddos at the beginning of next year and I'm trying to think of twin-centric things to do... we are really hoping to meet Chip & Dale, but I was also wondering if Tweedles are a thing? I read somewhere they don't show them anymore because they are offensive, but there are so many Disney rumors that turn out to be BS so I don't know what's actually true. What else can you think of that might be fun that is twinny?

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
This might help. I don't know if Si & Am pop up anywhere in the parks, but that was the first thing that I thought of.

E: Also, there may be some twins at Animal Kingdom as well. Might be something to look into.

Dr. Benway fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 3, 2017

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Taking my near two year old in about two weeks to WDW. Having gone earlier this year for the first time, I'm hoping she enjoys the experience but I had a minor question, I think. We're going to be at Saratoga Springs and was just wondering if there were pools for her to enjoy there. Also, how do people not get strollers mixed up at the park?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

TV Zombie posted:

Taking my near two year old in about two weeks to WDW. Having gone earlier this year for the first time, I'm hoping she enjoys the experience but I had a minor question, I think. We're going to be at Saratoga Springs and was just wondering if there were pools for her to enjoy there. Also, how do people not get strollers mixed up at the park?

Saratoga pools

I think the rental strollers have little plastic sleeves you can slip in a paper with your name to help identify. If you're bringing you're own, you might wanna get creative like tie a bow to the handle or something so it's easier to identify among the masses

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

MockTurtle posted:

I'm taking my 4 year old kiddos at the beginning of next year and I'm trying to think of twin-centric things to do... we are really hoping to meet Chip & Dale, but I was also wondering if Tweedles are a thing? I read somewhere they don't show them anymore because they are offensive, but there are so many Disney rumors that turn out to be BS so I don't know what's actually true. What else can you think of that might be fun that is twinny?

Ride both sides of Dumbo maybe?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Rental strollers come with a sign that reads "<your last name> family". People leave a bunch of their things in/on them which helps in IDing them. It's harder to mix them up than you'd think. The only trouble I've had is when a CM rearranges the strollers in the stroller parking area while I'm in an attraction and now I'm not sure where the stroller's gone.

Re: my request for a good LE magic band I guess all I had to do was ask. http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/heres-a-video-of-the-enchanted-tiki-room-le-magicband-special-effects/

I actually ordered it before the video got posted on the assumption that would be the sound effect.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that there's just a fear (from my wife) that something might get stolen from the strollers.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

I think that there's just a fear (from my wife) that something might get stolen from the strollers.

It's a possibility. We generally take wallets and other valuables with us but leave the metric ton of baby stuff (diapers, wipes, bottles, juice boxes, drink cups, etc.) in the stroller. I feel like it's unlikely someone would steal baby stuff since everyone there mostly has their own stroller full of similar stuff. Afaik Disney has the place covered w/ hidden cameras and plainclothes security officers. You are almost always being watched while in the park. I'm generally not worried about theft.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A women stole a fully loaded stroller and Disney caught it on tape and released it to the public to slut shame her soooo

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

tomapot posted:

I'm headed into DCA, 90 minutes is doable. Better than the 150 minutes it was showing earlier today.

Here's my take on the GotG re-branding of ToT:
- the outside of the building is cool, but the outside queue is meh
- the design of the queue inside the building is neat, with Collector's items on display and a looping video setting up the premise of the ride
- the inner room / Collector's office is cool, was trying to identify all the artifacts
- there seemed to be nothing for the cast members to riff on, at least the ones I encountered, no BBS-level enthusiasm for the role
- the ride mechanism didn't seem to change much but the video/graphics were superb
Overall fun ride and would go through again when the line was not so long (turned out to be less than 90 mins)

And I got to see Groot on his way to his photo opp

tomapot fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 4, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My wife and I want to stay at a Disney Resort (preferably walking distance to either Epcot or Animal Kingdom) on August 26th, her 30th birthday. I'm starting a new job in July, but I'd still like to make the stay special without breaking the bank. Can any of you folks help us out or point me in the right direction? We can basically only stay the one night because of my new job. If there's a really good deal, I'd be willing to also stay the Friday night before.

Looking through the million sites talking about discounts and whatnot is frustrating. We are current annual pass holders, if that makes any difference.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly just call us or Braksgirl and we'll get you the best deal. If you're Williams to pay a little bit people always recommend the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach club. Those are walking distance to Epcot. No resorts walking distance to AK though :(.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Dren posted:

Rental strollers come with a sign that reads "<your last name> family". People leave a bunch of their things in/on them which helps in IDing them. It's harder to mix them up than you'd think. The only trouble I've had is when a CM rearranges the strollers in the stroller parking area while I'm in an attraction and now I'm not sure where the stroller's gone.

Re: my request for a good LE magic band I guess all I had to do was ask. http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/heres-a-video-of-the-enchanted-tiki-room-le-magicband-special-effects/

I actually ordered it before the video got posted on the assumption that would be the sound effect.

I need this to pair with my Star Wars Donald band.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Empress Brosephine posted:

Honestly just call us or Braksgirl and we'll get you the best deal. If you're Williams to pay a little bit people always recommend the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach club. Those are walking distance to Epcot. No resorts walking distance to AK though :(.

This. Swan and Dolphin are also in that group. You can walk or ride to boat to EP and HS from both, and you get the chillest entry to EPCOT that way as well.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Stroller hot tip that I forgot: Buy some distinctive ribbon and tie it in a bow on the handle of the stroller to make it easier to find.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

couldcareless posted:

I need this to pair with my Star Wars Donald band.

Pulled the trigger on it while I still had my AP discount.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Apparently the shoulder banshees are totally sold out. I figured they'd be popular, but not *that* popular. Hot dang

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks Ike Disney finally caught on to the fastpass loop hole. :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not onto the expired tickets ones gently caress those guys but the "book a fastpass later and spam the app to get it sooner" method :(

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Not onto the expired tickets ones gently caress those guys but the "book a fastpass later and spam the app to get it sooner" method :(

Awwwwww bbbbooooooooo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I didn't see anything about trying to change FP times? Just the "expired" ticket abuse.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Erm whoops we got a email about it maybe it hadn't leaked yet.

I have a song stuck in my head that plays on our hold queue, but I can't figure it out. It's very upbeat and exclusively like a saxophone. Do you guys know what it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well now you have to share more. What exactly are they changing? Just slowing down people who truly spam the app? Or not letting people change at all?

Because one is fine if done right and the other would cause a lot of issues for guests.