Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

People complained earlier in Super about how it was the Goku and Vegeta Show. Apparently, both Toei and Toyotaro listened, but while the anime gave more spotlight to everyone else and now made a point about showing that power isn't everything, the manga apparently thought the problem was the "and Vegeta" part and doubled down on it being The Goku Show & Goku ft. Goku from the Dragon Goku series.

I'm not surprised that part of the fandom likes it though, because Toyotaro writes it like a fan. A fan obsessed with having an explanation for everything no matter how forced it is or how much space of the already short and monthly manga it takes, regardless of how it ends up introducing more plot holes and questions instead of fixing them (why would Future Shin not tell Trunks about his healing powers? He could've saved a lot of people! If Fused Zamasu is time-limited due to neither part being an official Kaioshin, then how could they use the Time Ring, which requires the exact same thing? Why did Goku not use the "Completed" Super Saiyan Blue earlier when they were already losing?). And having everything focus on Goku and Goku alone is great for those POWER LEVELS people because now everything is consistent, Goku is the best, no one else matters. Consistency! At the cost of having an actually entertaining series.

I genuinely expect Kale to stop being a fun Broly reference and just become outright Broly in the manga so she can focus on Goku and Goku alone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

"Clever foreshadowing"

Like i said before the manga is just Super with the good parts removed. It's weirdly pointless.

It's better than the similar actions in the anime where Mai gets brutally injured but is left alive by 'kill all nigens' black for no reason.

quote:

I'm not surprised that part of the fandom likes it though, because Toyotaro writes it like a fan. A fan obsessed with having an explanation for everything no matter how forced it is or how much space of the already short and monthly manga it takes, regardless of how it ends up introducing more plot holes and questions instead of fixing them (why would Future Shin not tell Trunks about his healing powers? He could've saved a lot of people! If Fused Zamasu is time-limited due to neither part being an official Kaioshin, then how could they use the Time Ring, which requires the exact same thing? Why did Goku not use the "Completed" Super Saiyan Blue earlier when they were already losing?). And having everything focus on Goku and Goku alone is great for those POWER LEVELS people because now everything is consistent, Goku is the best, no one else matters. Consistency! At the cost of having an actually entertaining series.

Shin didn't tell him because shin is an idiot. I don't think the time ring has that limitation in the manga, the completed blue is something Goku came up with mid combat, that was actually covered in the chapter.

Caros fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 4, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Zamasu is really bad at his job, as he is a god.

What more do you need

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Dragon Ball Super Manga is aimed towards people who love POWER LEVELS and people who believe Goku would beat Superman in a fair fight.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So it turns out that Broly is actually Good if you make him a yuri schoolgirl

I'm into it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
kale was just a few CABBAAAA!!!'s away from going full dbza broly and i enjoyed it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Future Trunks was trained by Shin? No wonder everything kept going to poo poo around him.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
No but for reals, even their Broly is nicer than our Broly. Meanwhile Goku has just about completed his transition to full on villain.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rhonne posted:

Future Trunks was trained by Shin? No wonder everything kept going to poo poo around him.

He didn't KNOW ok
He still managed to stop Buu from hatching since he just killed Santa and Babadi, but who knows how much Shin really helped with that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Momomo posted:

Considering he said "Sorry Beerus, you're gonna have to disappear" I'm pretty sure they're out for him.

Pretty sure that'd be referring to Frieza making up the 10th member and if they don't have 10 members Zeno will be mad.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Dealing with Pilaf ruling the world will be a one part gag episode.

Pilaf waiting for the crew to come back and undo his poo poo after it turns out that ruling the earth is actually hard

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna see some alien monster come to Earth, try to conquer it and almost succeed, only to get stopped by Yamcha. Then when he goes out to tell everyone the cool poo poo he did, no one cares or notices because they were focused on the Universal Rumble. Bonus points if it's a ressurected Cell or some reimagination of a stupid filler villain like Garlic Jr.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Caulifla and her poofy pants.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love Caulifla and her poofy pants.

At first I wasn't sold on Caulifla's tube top and JNCO Jeans, but actually that design looks way better for some reason while she's Super Saiyan. I agree that she'll probably go Blue during the tournament after seeing Goku or Vegeta do it exactly once, because that seems to be the joke with her.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd find it funnier if she went beyond her limits, achieved SSJ3

And then collapsed because SSJ3 is a piece of poo poo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Cauli will do the impossible

The unthinkable

She'll juice SSj3 enough to make it last an entire fight and accomplish something

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so if caulifla is goku, does that mean that guy with the bad leg is raditz

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

so if caulifla is goku, does that mean that guy with the bad leg is raditz

It'd make sense. Older brother and all that.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Black August posted:

The unthinkable

She'll juice SSj3 enough to make it last an entire fight and accomplish something

woah let's not go overboard

some things are just impossible

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Black August posted:

The unthinkable

She'll go super saiyan blue 3 kaioken x100

In the manga goku will beat her in one punch in base form.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Goku should teach Piccolo the Kaioken. It'd probably go really well with Namekian regeneration.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Junpei Hyde posted:

In the manga goku will beat her in one punch in base form.

It's Goku's new form, Super Saiyan Saitama Super Saiyan

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Goku should teach Piccolo the Kaioken. It'd probably go really well with Namekian regeneration.

Piccolo does not need bullshit multipliers, he competes with super saijins and doesn't have any power boosting transformations. He gets there with good old fashioned gumption. Just think about that, to stay on the same level as the Sayjins he has to train 50X harder. If Piccolo used Kaio Ken he would destroy the universe.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

Goku should teach Kaioken to 17 and 18

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's Goku's new form, Super Saiyan Saitama Super Saiyan

Well he has to get SOMETHING from when he beats saitama

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm loving super so far. U6 Saiyans are awesome. Freezia coming back is awesome. I'm sad Buu isn't on the team, but I'm really excited for everyone's side-fights. I don't think Goku is actually going to resurrect Frieza. Don't get me wrong, I think he means to, but his friends will be like, Dude. No.

deadly_pudding posted:

At first I wasn't sold on Caulifla's tube top and JNCO Jeans, but actually that design looks way better for some reason while she's Super Saiyan. I agree that she'll probably go Blue during the tournament after seeing Goku or Vegeta do it exactly once, because that seems to be the joke with her.

I love her design and I would love to see that gimmick.

Rutibex posted:

Dealing with Pilaf ruling the world will be a one part gag episode.

Mods. Please. Make it happen.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Goku/Freeza scene sold me on him replacing Buu. I was hoping we'd get to see all of Buu's OP abilities put to the test against the best in the multiverse, but Freeza is a way more interesting character and his inclusion adds a lot of extra tension to the tournament. The scene establishes that erasure might not be such a bad outcome for Freeza, it'd end his time in hell and would also kill off his enemies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New episode was good. They're setting up a fun dynamic with Freeza, and I like Kale and especially Caulifla quite a bit. Kale and Caulifla should get married and be the first lady Dragonballers to escape Momhell.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Caulifla achieves SSB via casually flexing, and then turns towards the camera to say "Goku is weaker than Superman".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

New episode was good. They're setting up a fun dynamic with Freeza, and I like Kale and especially Caulifla quite a bit. Kale and Caulifla should get married and be the first lady Dragonballers to escape Momhell.

They adopt a kid.

The kid is still stronger than Cabba.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think one of my favorite bits this episode was Frieza showing he knew exactly what Goku button to hit. It's just a great moment of "oh god drat it Goku' and "Oh god drat it Frieza" combined into one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Frieza surviving the tournament only to return to earth and find out Pilaf/Yamcha/Garlic Jr has already used the dragon balls on something stupid would be amazing.

TFRazorsaw posted:

That precludes the notion that the other tournament fighters are evil.

Goku used that poo poo on Turtle. Is Turtle evil?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He's been around for 900 years, he probably has done some shady poo poo.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's not just strength in the Tournament of Power (weird). Vegeta will just trick the saiyans into SSJ3 so they burn their energy quicker and lose.

Dias posted:

I wanna see some alien monster come to Earth, try to conquer it and almost succeed, only to get stopped by Yamcha. Then when he goes out to tell everyone the cool poo poo he did, no one cares or notices because they were focused on the Universal Rumble. Bonus points if it's a ressurected Cell or some reimagination of a stupid filler villain like Garlic Jr.

NO. NO!

No more filler, I want to see this goddamn fight already, I'm getting blue balled like the 3 pay per view selling just before wrestlemania

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the Tournament of Power will happen entirely off-screen as we follow the adventures of Goten, Trunks, Yamcha, and the Pilaf Gang defending earth from the return of the Red Ribbon Army under the leadership of a resurrected Majin King Piccolo

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Toss Mr. Satan and Jaco into the mix and I'm completely on board

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

oh and this becomes canon

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
What would that even be called?

Mr. Satan?

Mr. Buu?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

What would that even be called?

Mr. Satan?

Mr. Buu?

Majin Satan, actually. Either "mister" name wouldn't make much sense since those are the names of the characters themselves, Majin Buu was named that after separating from Kid Buu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kelp Plankton posted:

the Tournament of Power will happen entirely off-screen as we follow the adventures of Goten, Trunks, Yamcha, and the Pilaf Gang defending earth from the return of the Red Ribbon Army under the leadership of a resurrected Majin King Piccolo

Or just like the end of that South Park Episode with the massive battle in heaven. Just have King Kai explain everything off-screen.

• Locked thread