Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

ryoma tried to let elise slowly die of dysentry. at least takumi was just straight-up trying to murder her.

I mean, I never argued that both of them weren't dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
their mom just died, yo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Should I blow the Mila's bounty gold marks on forging Mercurius y/n

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

ryoma tried to let elise slowly die of dysentry. at least takumi was just straight-up trying to murder her.

And yet the only person who succeeds in killing Elise is Xander.

Because goddamn is he a tool.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

So far my Forsyth has the highest res and speed of any knight I've ever had in a Fire Emblem game. Except Amelia but she doesn't count. As of right now he's tanking Witch strikes and doubling unmounted soldiers. It's nuts.

amelia always counts

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

dread fighters are so good. just teleported gray into nuibaba's face. instant assassination and he dodged almost every attack afterwards...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I tried killing Duma with Nosferatu to see if anything changed.

Nope. They even play Alm and Celica's dual speech when Faye gets to the business of godslaying.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does the Brave Sword's extra crit make it superior to the extra skills of the Ilwoon/Rapier

I'm not sure

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does the Brave Sword's extra crit make it superior to the extra skills of the Ilwoon/Rapier

I'm not sure

The Brave Sword has 90 hit, 2 more MT than the Rapier, and literally costs 0 weight.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm not sure

the brave sword is one of the best weapons in the game

I can't even remember what ilwoon or the rapier do

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Rapier is alright on Alm's route because you face a lot of cavalries and armors, but then you really need to forge it for it to be any good (9 Mt after "effective" bonus is really sad) and that's a lot of investment. Plus Brave Sword generally still works okay on cavalries and you still won't be ORKOing armors without mages.

Never tried Ilwoon but looking at the stats Brave Sword will probably function about the same and it's not as expensive to make/forge

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
Holy moly. The Deliverance DLC only lasted 1.5 hours.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I just got on the road of act 2, and I'm liking the game so far. The characters were all cool and good in act 1, while Celica's crew so far are pretty fun kids. Though I...uh, didn't expect any of that from the plot this early on. I also may have shoved everyone except Clair, Silque, and Faye into their second class changes by the end of that part. I got curious as to what the gear I was acquiring did and ended up gathering levels in the interim.
Also what the hell even happens in Fates for there to be "monster" versions of people.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Also what the hell even happens in Fates for there to be "monster" versions of people.

The main villain of conquest is the younger brother of the birthright side and throughout the game he is justifiably furious at corrin for being a giant tool and being the instrument used in his mother's death

he's the only member of the birthright family to negatively react to the fact that the hero of the story just showed up in their home, blew up their mom, and left them to join the army of a warring nation

but it turns out he's possessed by the Evil Fire Emblem End Boss Dragon so he wasnt actually accountable for his actions

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
What's this about multiple pitchforks? The other free DLC had other items.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

What's this about multiple pitchforks? The other free DLC had other items.
there will be more free dlc with more pitchforks

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The dragon in Fates is able to exert control over people who are 1) really angry/sad 2) have been in contact with Valla. Their actions are still their own, the anger just doesn't go away and only grows stronger.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

lmao killer bows are ridiculous, hunter's volley is insane, ty thred for telling me how to upgrade steel bows into Victory Cannons

Also earlier while he was still a myrm, I had Gray attack into another myrm. They were both on cover tiles and missed all three of the attacks in their exchange, dodge rolling like idiots all over the place :darksouls:

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

How are people's Leons doing?

I just hit the end of act 3, my Leon's got a Killer Bow, but he either misses or crits for like, 12 dmg on Hard difficulty.

Right now he's basically a stat boost for Valbar and Kamui. And chip damage. He's... I wish he were better.

e: vv pls have your Leon tutor mine

eggrolled fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 4, 2017

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my leon is killing whatever he's pointed at in one turn still, at end of act 4. can't kill big armor guys but whatever

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stats don't matter once you get the Hunter's Volley skill off that bow.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alm got gibbed in the battle with Berkut in the Temple of Duma

Of course this means, Game Over and no Mila's Turnwheel for you.

So now I'll have to start that stupid-rear end dungeon aaaaaaaaaalll the way over when I play again and uuuuuuuugh. I am irritated.

Related, is there a Mila statue anywhere in that place? I never did get Mathilda upgraded to a Gold Knight. If there's no statue I'll get her the last couple levels before I go back into that stupid dumb place for stupid dummies.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Silver Falcon posted:

So now I'll have to start that stupid-rear end dungeon aaaaaaaaaalll the way over when I play again and uuuuuuuugh. I am irritated.

Related, is there a Mila statue anywhere in that place? I never did get Mathilda upgraded to a Gold Knight. If there's no statue I'll get her the last couple levels before I go back into that stupid dumb place for stupid dummies.

There is one Mila statue

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Go left instead of heading straight to fight said battle and you will find more parts of the dungeon which include a statue to Mila.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Silver Falcon posted:

You, uh.

You know you can save in the room where you can talk to Celica right before the final boss, right?

Like, any room where you get a "talk" thingy, you can save.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Supremezero posted:

You, uh.

You know you can save in the room where you can talk to Celica right before the final boss, right?

That's after the Berkut fight.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Strange Quark posted:

That's after the Berkut fight.

I misread it for the time, but the main point still stands.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hunt11 posted:

Go left instead of heading straight to fight said battle and you will find more parts of the dungeon which include a statue to Mila.

This is good to know. I saw the path heading down but I wasn't sure which way I was "meant" to go first.

Supremezero posted:

You, uh.

This is also good to know, though I couldn't have made use of it this particular time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can save at the mila statue, also.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

eggrolled posted:

How are people's Leons doing?

I just hit the end of act 3, my Leon's got a Killer Bow, but he either misses or crits for like, 12 dmg on Hard difficulty.

Right now he's basically a stat boost for Valbar and Kamui. And chip damage. He's... I wish he were better.

e: vv pls have your Leon tutor mine

17 attack 16 skill 10 speed :\

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
His speed doesn't matter when you get the killer bow. And he gets way better as the game goes on because there's a lot of flying enemies to get bonus damage on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

His speed doesn't matter when you get the killer bow. And he gets way better as the game goes on because there's a lot of flying enemies to get bonus damage on.

He's a bow knight already too.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I swear to god Est if you don't stop getting one shot by everything from mages to dread fighters and doing a whopping two damage by doubling your 1's, I'm going to throw you back in the cell you came from and feed the key to your worthless pegasus before I push it off a cliff.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Est's base resistance is actually good though, how is she getting one-shot by mages?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Last Celebration posted:

Est's base resistance is actually good though, how is she getting one-shot by mages?

I don't know. Her resistance is at 12 and these mages are still just brutalizing her.

It's probably because her HP has been stuck at like 15 for eight levels now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is literally mathematically impossible for mages besides the guys with the 15 mt tomes to be oneshotting her

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Chapter four spoilers I love how Tabitha doesn't gently caress around and just yells at Zeke to let him know that she is alright.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah I thought that was gonna be a whole thing of getting her to Camus, but nope. I was extra suprised because I thought OG Gaiden didn't have ally units (besides phantoms I guess?). Was that the same in the original?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I kinda wanna buy the Overclass DLC but man, 15 bucks for a bunch of class changes. Yeesh.

Is any of the other DLC aside from the Deliverance prologue maps interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I kinda wanna buy the Overclass DLC but man, 15 bucks for a bunch of class changes. Yeesh.

Is any of the other DLC aside from the Deliverance prologue maps interesting?
the cipher characters have supports and base convos and stuff, so they're basically just four more actual characters.

• Locked thread