Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh, good - Tim Pool trying to pick fights with other reporters over the OK symbol.

Glad we're tackling the deep issues here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Based Stickman walks by and does a :discourse: to Tim Pool

Guy within earshot says (negatively) "that's white power." Walks away.

Pool, agitated, follows and tries to argue with him that it doesn't mean that. Guy tells him to gently caress off. Pool then walks away upset that the guy believes it, but also that 4chan did a great job "controlling the narrative" by planting a hoax.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Qu Appelle posted:

Oh, good - Tim Pool trying to pick fights with other reporters over the OK symbol.

Glad we're tackling the deep issues here.
'Haha we really trolled these idiots into believing we're Nazis and now they want to kill us I'm upset'

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Every action-comedy needs a side character who just gets kicked in the nuts over and over again like Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd (the Stallone version). I want Tim Pool to be that character but for American domestic political discord

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Every action-comedy needs a side character who just gets kicked in the nuts over and over again like Rob Schneider in Judge Dredd (the Stallone version). I want Tim Pool to be that character but for American domestic political discord

Me too but literally.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh, and it's not an alt-right garbage human fest without some fuckin' Baked Alaska in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SsD3Zqtk_A

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Oh and Mike Tokes didn't make it, due to a fallout with Baked Alaska.

Darn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
who is tim pool?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
pdx trip report: its funny, really really funny

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Qu Appelle posted:

Oh and Mike Tokes didn't make it, due to a fallout with Baked Alaska.

Darn.

Ohh I was wondering who that was. Sad.

Jose posted:

who is tim pool?
Livestreamer who started during Occupy Wall Street, later Ferguson protests. Known for showing up and generally making an idiot of himself. Watch and witness how he may also agitate his interview subjects.

In fairness he does show a lot.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

He is still really upset that the other reporter wouldn't fight him re: OK symbol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

pdx trip report: its funny, really really funny
Yesssss

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Pool seems to want to chase the action most of all.

Unless it's Milwaukee, WI - then he flees, because '...for those who are perceivably white, it is just not safe to be here'.

http://www.businessinsider.com/reporter-tim-pool-pulls-out-of-milwaukee-because-of-racial-tensions-2016-8

Spoiler Alert - I'm from Milwaukee, and I've been there recently. It's completely fine. My skin is the color of goddamn white copier paper, and it's fine.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Jun 4, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Qu Appelle posted:

He is still really upset that the other reporter wouldn't fight him re: OK symbol.

the best part about that tim pool dipshit is how he tries to pass himself off as some kind of OBJECTIVE UNBIASED THINKUR

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

u havent lived until you see 100 terrified nazis surrounded on all sides

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I liked the old man with the Trump flag cape standing on a street corner by himself yelling that "this won't stop Trump from being president!!!"

That's something I'd see my dad doing if he was conservative. He's like Randy from South Park. It's a "rational" dad move that also makes you look totally foolish. "I heard they're protesting Trump but Trump is president and protesting him won't make him stop being president ergo this is ridiculous why am I yelling at a crowd of people on the street like this!?!?"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
'A wrist rocket would be super illegal here it could do some damage. Also did you know it's illegal to bring hot sauce to a restaurant I tried bringing my own hot sauce to a restaurant and they told me--what? Oh hey...'

Tim Pool everyone.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Buzzfeed's trying to do a live feed.

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedNews/videos/1526368194050860/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

They are unsuccessful.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats because of all the chaos maaaaaan

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still mad the pigs took away the Big Bones Puppet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

only person i saw getting popped was a communist........... the police suppression of the True Left continues

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I'm still mad the pigs took away the Big Bones Puppet

Same here.

Strength and Solidarity to Big Bones Puppet in it's time of trial.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

For an unapologetic leftist slant, Indigenous Women's Media also showed up.

https://www.facebook.com/womensindigenousmedia/videos/459250837763662/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

They're currently hanging out with the anarchists :3:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgS-0U9pG1c

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, the Red Elephants 100% Blue Lives Matter We Love Trump guy just got upset when the cops actually did their job, and pushed them back.

"We're allowed to go up to the yellow ribbon! That's Satanism right here!"

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Jun 4, 2017

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, and guess what Tim's talking about now?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
why do these alt right protests keep getting smaller? are they running out of money to travel or is the opposition getting bigger each time scaring them away.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Visidan posted:

why do these alt right protests keep getting smaller? are they running out of money to travel or is the opposition getting bigger each time scaring them away.
That is a very good question

I'd also wonder about infighting, which sounds more dramatic than it probably is

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Part of it is the murders on the TriMet train; after that went down, Portland decided that they weren't having it at all, and have showed up in force.

The fact that this protest was sill going to be held, despite the murders, got a lot of local press.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Jun 4, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Half the alt-right, who seem like actual Nazis, think the guys with Kekistan flags are a cringeworthy embarrassment (true). The other half doesn't want the actual straight-laced Nazis / Identity Europa types around.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

HOLY poo poo TIM WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT THE drat OK SIGN. HE JUST MENTIONED IT AGAIN.

If this isn't 'triggered', I don't know what is.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

That is a very good question

I'd also wonder about infighting, which sounds more dramatic than it probably is

Well they are cowardly morons who never really expected anyone to fight back. That probably has something to do with it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Qu Appelle posted:

Oh, and guess what Tim's talking about now?

oh that was tim pool? i was literally right out of frame there

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i didnt get very good footage because i was laughing too hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvlZIdlnajY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYwSuDvvjDU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Al! posted:

oh that was tim pool? i was literally right out of frame there

No, that's not him. I just took a screenshot of him interviewing someone about the OK sign.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

OH, and Tim Pool now has a stalker at the event.

The guy on the left is Baked Alaska, and the guy at the right, in the blue jacket, is following Tim Pool around.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like the poor schlub struggling with his gas mask

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Visidan posted:

I think it's a combination of a lot of poo poo

like say hypothetically the dumb and lonely kids just looking for a place to belong could have gotten spooked by the Actual No poo poo Nazis who showed up

that would have thinned their ranks a lot

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
whenever you see a dude in a gas mask know he's insanely sweaty and uncomfortable underneath it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Visidan posted:

Trump is getting more unpopular and in general the far right is seeing a collapse in support around the globe. Hard to get it up to protest when strong daddy won't stop loving up constantly