Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Isn't he the guy who made Deadly Premonition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was surprised to learn that Deadly Premonition was actually less bizarre and more grounded than the series it was drawing inspiration from

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't go that far

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deadly premonitions combat levels are a perfect emulation of a bad dream where you are like really weak for some reason but also the technically scary things arent really that dangerous and it goes on forever until you finally wake up to pee

10/10

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Deadly Premonition, as great as it was, didn't have anyone turn into a drawer knob.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anybody who thinks poutine is bad is somebody who hasn't actually had poutine and just thinks it looks gross. which it does. It's actually the best drunk food in the world though.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
hollow knight is the best game of june which came out not in june. i never played metroid type games before now but it is very fun for me.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Robo Turnus posted:

hollow knight is the best game of june which came out not in june. i never played metroid type games before now but it is very fun for me.

Its ok but it could have used like 50% less backtracking, maybe 60%.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zaggitz posted:

Anybody who thinks poutine is bad is somebody who hasn't actually had poutine and just thinks it looks gross. which it does. It's actually the best drunk food in the world though.

idk... comparatively speaking, like if i was gonna choose between poutine and biscuits & gravy for hangover food, i'd go with the latter every time

if we're talking currently-drunk food, i can think of at least three things i'd eat sooner than poutine and, unsurprisingly, they can all be bought out of an unlicensed taco truck

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
My dad dropped out of the new season of Twin Peaks thirty minutes into the first episode because he "didn't know what was happening" which just made me sad. :sigh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having finished Ghost 1.0 -and- Mini Ghost, I actually think Mini-Ghost is better. Mini-Ghost is more of a Metroidvania, it's short, and it's only $3.

but the very cool thing about mini-ghost is its Workshop support. the game includes a character editor, tileset editor, and map editor, so you can make your own Metroidvanias

here's one guy's campaign based on DOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLhouCdhkg&t=60s

e: just browsing the workshop, naturally there's every copyrighted character known to man, and also someone managed to recreate Rick Dangerous 2 with the provided tools

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 4, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

new twin peaks tonight

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The new season of Twin Peaks

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

My dad dropped out of the new season of Twin Peaks thirty minutes into the first episode because he "didn't know what was happening" which just made me sad. :sigh:

What does he think of poutine?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

The world is a horrible place but the fact that David Lynch is on TV against almost makes up for it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINxL__VitI

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heya, KCB is streaming some more of that Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal game.

https://smashcast.tv/firstaidkite

I dunno if any of you would be interested, but just in case there you go!

An idea of the exciting stuff you're missing out on:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont remember that episode of House MD

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gJNlU-Re_U

No one is immune from Dr. House's biting zingers!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Quest For Glory II posted:

The lady doctor hosed the addiction out of the pillhead doctor

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gJNlU-Re_U

No one is immune from Dr. House's biting zingers!

i think my iq just went down 50 points just reading your post

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My honeymoon took in a cruise around the Caribbean starting shipping out from Florida, so my wife and I had American style biscuits and gravy for the first time ever.

They were loving horrible!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Florida isn't part of America

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only good american biscuits are cheddar bay

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Like a croissant, a well-made buttermilk biscuit is good enough to stand on its own

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Maybe that was the trick, either way I went back to the bacon and scrambled eggs and life moved on.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only good united states brand america food is barbeque I.e. gigantic hunks of slow smoked meat. anything else is ubiquitously disgusting or stolen from non american heritages

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All food in America is awesome.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't ruin a good biscuit with gravy imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

the only good united states brand america food is barbeque I.e. gigantic hunks of slow smoked meat. anything else is ubiquitously disgusting or stolen from non american heritages

Lemme just dig up the corpse of the grandma that brought her pizza recipe to ny fleeing prima notta or some other abuse at the hands of her feudal lord and tell her she sucks

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whenever nerds discuss that stupid "would teleporting kill you and make a new you or would it still be you" thing I just think like...

Who gives a gently caress. I could have New York pizza or Montreal Poutine from anywhere in the world.

And assholes from Wisconsin could be proven wrong immediately when they claim their beer is better than ours.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't even remember the last thing I ate that I didn't enjoy and I eat like 3,500 calories a day. I think I would have to sit down and concentrate real hard to not enjoy food.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

anything else is ubiquitously disgusting or stolen from non american heritages

im the spicy mayonnaise & avocado poke served at the restaurant that a smart businessman opened up across the street from the hipster ghetto

ur the hipster who's too much of a weakass scrub to just eat limu poke, #that'stoomuchculture

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Maybe that was the trick, either way I went back to the bacon and scrambled eggs and life moved on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGMGjs3DSs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

you don't know anything about food lmao

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

exquisite tea posted:

I can't even remember the last thing I ate that I didn't enjoy and I eat like 3,500 calories a day. I think I would have to sit down and concentrate real hard to not enjoy food.

I once ate a pretzel so vile it haunts me 3 years later.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shrimp n grits America's contribution to world cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

tuna noodle casserole recipe all listed on the back of a jar of helmann's mayo

thanks america

• Locked thread