Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

theflyingorc posted:

They're trying to, but they not only have to write a bill that pleases all senate Republicans (a very difficult thing to do), that bill goes back to the House where it has to please the Freedom Caucus.

It was better when the House couldn't even pass anything, but they're hardly in the clear right now. The two sides of the Republican party on health care have opposite goals.

yeah, the new school tea partiers want to burn the world down, while old-school business republicans like how much money the ACA is funneling to their friends in the insurance industry,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

the_donald isn't even trying to hide their racist bigotry now. This is on the front page

Isn't this just literally a (racist) reposted political cartoon from a major newspaper? Those are usually much worse.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

business hammocks posted:

Isn't this just literally a (racist) reposted political cartoon from a major newspaper? Those are usually much worse.

The original comic was drawn by David Horsey, who's generally center-left. I can guarantee the original cartoon's intent was the opposite of the racist edit.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Ragnar Homsar posted:

The original comic was drawn by David Horsey, who's generally center-left. I can guarantee the original cartoon's intent was the opposite of the racist edit.

https://twitter.com/davidhorsey/status/501810332093136896

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brexit polls were within the margin of error though?
Good call, I just saw the new 538 article on the subject and Nate says they actually shifted methodology in response to the 2015 election, where they were most definitely not within the margin of error.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

#whitegenocide
And GBS is just as racist and creep as t_d, they're saying the same thing in the van thread.

I guess it's the new normal.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

Cam Newton is a pretty ok dude

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Roger Federer seems alright.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

pumpinglemma posted:

Several reasons:

- Dealing with six major parties is harder than dealing with two.

- Constituencies are so small that you can't reliably poll them, so you're mostly stuck with polling popular vote and applying "uniform swing" or some other obviously lovely model to try and guess how many seats each party will have.

- No-one knows how to model turnout, especially youth turnout. (Labour is on course to get literally three times as much of the young vote as the Tories this time round.)

That said, this election things are particularly bad - normally polls can at least agree on the popular vote to within a few points. My guess is that everyone ripped up their models post-Brexit and started using wildly different ones.

Also, remind Americans that polling for things like the Presidency is infinitely easier than polling the exact collective results of all the races for the house of representatives (in addition to what you said).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TildeATH posted:

#whitegenocide
And GBS is just as racist and creep as t_d, they're saying the same thing in the van thread.

I dont understand why GBS is still a grey forum, its basically just FYAD for unironic racists and BYOB for the unchill

The best thing Lowtax ever did was delete GBS and he should have stood by it

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Terry Crews is an awesome and hilarious person whose only bad feature is that he chooses to be an awesome part of awful, awful movies. I will not hear a word against him.

Aurubin posted:

What if my hero is Hitler? Checkmate libtards.

That said Hitler probably smelled bad.

The guy ripped rear end constantly. High fiber high protein vegetarian diet. Like a goddamn Mel Brooks movie.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Its hardly unique. When I was doing the helldump I stopped counting the number of right wing edits of liberal cartoons to say something hateful. They even did it to Latuff at one point.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Speaking of that racist comic, I caught a little bit of Matt Taibbi being interviewed by C-Span Book TV this afternoon. They had this guy call in that started right off with whining about how "the left" doesn't let him get a word in edgewise, and how he hoped conservatives would get a chance to speak their piece to Taibbi.

The kicker was that he started on this mini-tirade about how black and Asian populations are so dangerous and commit so many more of the crimes than whites. He wanted Taibbi to respond to some BS about how the standard of life was better in more homogenous places in Europe, or something like that.

Taibbi, to his credit, mostly just shook his head and said that he felt sorry for the guy. I was just surprised (though I know I shouldn't be) that such blatant racism was being spouted on C-Span (albeit from someone calling in).

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of that racist comic, I caught a little bit of Matt Taibbi being interviewed by C-Span Book TV this afternoon. They had this guy call in that started right off with whining about how "the left" doesn't let him get a word in edgewise, and how he hoped conservatives would get a chance to speak their piece to Taibbi.

The kicker was that he started on this mini-tirade about how black and Asian populations are so dangerous and commit so many more of the crimes than whites. He wanted Taibbi to respond to some BS about how the standard of life was better in more homogenous places in Europe, or something like that.

Taibbi, to his credit, mostly just shook his head and said that he felt sorry for the guy. I was just surprised (though I know I shouldn't be) that such blatant racism was being spouted on C-Span (albeit from someone calling in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wrji0XLoFU

When you ask the public to call in, you get, well, the public calling in.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

The Glumslinger posted:

I dont understand why GBS is still a grey forum, its basically just FYAD for unironic racists and BYOB for the unchill

Is empty quoting against the rules?

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I was just surprised (though I know I shouldn't be) that such blatant racism was being spouted on C-Span (albeit from someone calling in).

First time with C-SPAN call-in shows, huh?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
CSPAM callers are half racists and half Howard Stern pranksters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
THAT WAS FROM loving HALF COURT

edit: wrong thread oh well

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CSPAM callers are half racists and half Howard Stern pranksters.

I heard a guy call in and talk about how aliens built the pyramids one time. I couldn't tell if he was building to a racist argument or not.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Terry Crews is an awesome and hilarious person whose only bad feature is that he chooses to be an awesome part of awful, awful movies. I will not hear a word against him.

He is joining the gamer culture (ugh), but he did it to get closer to his son so seems like a pretty good dude. I like that he wanted to be apart of his son's interests instead of forcing his interests on his son.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Terry Crews was decent on Newsroom then he up and disappeared for no reason. gently caress The Newsroom.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hey. gently caress Richard Sherman.

Peace out.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
C-SPAN chat - let me present you with, "A Trump Supporter and Her Rooster"

Back story - I was working from home during election season and had C-SPAN running on the TV in the background. I kept hearing a rooster crowing and finally stopped what I was doing and rewound it on the DVR. This is what I found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-WkdkDk44

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow the Cavs are boned.

More on topic, are there any Trump-supporting basketball players?

Edit:

Chilichimp posted:

Hey. gently caress Richard Sherman.

Peace out.

Cal fan here. gently caress Richard Sherman forever.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

While I agree the police need to calm down, comparing two fictional cops (one of which being a dimwit not entrusted to carry more than one bullet at any time) in a town of dimwits victimized by dimwit villains for the sake of plot to reality isn't a very good comparison to draw

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

While I agree the police need to calm down, comparing two fictional cops (one of which being a dimwit not entrusted to carry more than one bullet at any time) in a town of dimwits victimized by dimwit villains for the sake of plot to reality isn't a very good comparison to draw
All you needed was hardhats and bats:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Basketball fan or something else?

Actually, this is how Police dressed in 1964:

Sounds like it's the same problem (racist cops) with a different outfit.

That's literally the 6th GIS result for police in 1964.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Boon posted:

This is so odd to me. Why is capitalism and progressivism perceived to be at odds in achieving a functioning society?

The concentration of wealth and power inevitably serves to undermine democracy.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Some people have more money than others.

Money is power in a society based around capital.

Capitalism advocates for the unequal sharing of boons.

Ergo, the advocating for capitalism is advocating for a ruling class.

The excessively rich are a crime against humanity.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TildeATH posted:

#whitegenocide

There's about 10 GBS racist superstars that try really hard to make it feel that way and they have endless stamina, it's pretty gross.

e: for example

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 5, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOOCHY posted:

C-SPAN chat - let me present you with, "A Trump Supporter and Her Rooster"

Back story - I was working from home during election season and had C-SPAN running on the TV in the background. I kept hearing a rooster crowing and finally stopped what I was doing and rewound it on the DVR. This is what I found -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-WkdkDk44

That Rooster is more intelligent than the caller. She can't even string an idea together.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
We should find a way to send Happy Gilmore on Trump's golf outings. It's a win win. Trump gets tackled and beat up, Adam Sandler gets shot by the Secret Service

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

oohhboy posted:

That Rooster is more intelligent than the caller. She can't even string an idea together.

Your average Donald J. Trump voter right there, folks.

The video has it all - roosters, incoherence, One World Government conspiracies - and a loving golden zinger at the end by the host.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Deadulus posted:

He is joining the gamer culture (ugh), but he did it to get closer to his son so seems like a pretty good dude. I like that he wanted to be apart of his son's interests instead of forcing his interests on his son.

He also favors games like Overwatch and is in talks to voice a character in the game, which is undeniably awesome.

SocketWrench posted:

We should find a way to send Happy Gilmore on Trump's golf outings. It's a win win. Trump gets tackled and beat up, Adam Sandler gets shot by the Secret Service

A reminder that an Adam Sandler movie predicted the Trump presidency.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

And this is what happens when you allow civilians to buy AA-12 and armor piercing rounds. Soon they'll demand RPGs sold in Walmart and not even police tanks will be able to hold up here.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Deadulus posted:

Man whats with the shade on gamers?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Cool.

That's not a rule of nor limited to capitalism though?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

There's about 10 GBS racist superstars that try really hard to make it feel that way and they have endless stamina, it's pretty gross.

e: for example

Wait, so 10 or so banhammers could make GBS somewhat readable?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember if I saw this here or in my news feed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-s-support-drops-military-communities-n768036

I can't be bothered to look it up, but even his previous number of 51% seemed low for a Republican President who was vowing to simultaneously not send troops off to war and increase military spending. Then again, I'm amazed they like him at all after his Purple Heart stunt.

If Trump loses the military then he's lost America.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

GBS-with-actual-moderation was pretty cool. I enjoyed a lot of the effort threads, a rare few of which survived the latest revision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Wait, so 1000 or so banhammers could make GBS somewhat readable?

• Locked thread