Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

ghostwritingduck posted:

Can you remap buttons on the 8bitdo controllers for Switch?

I don't think so, didn't see anything about it in the manual anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Anyone stating that Third Strike isn't the greatest SF game, or best fighting game ever is out of their minds.

marvel vs capcom 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

marvel vs capcom 2

Stux is right

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

did you miss the part where it mentioned that people can just walk into stores in aus and buy them no problem? as is also the case across most of europe which is the biggest market worldwide.

then again i guess i shouldnt be so surprised about exceptionalism from a country that just elected trump.

Bitch your country is about to elect Theresa May after looking at the Labour Manifesto and going "Hey all this looks awesome".

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I think he's Australian. So replace Theresa May with off shore refugee rape camps I guess

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bitch your country is about to elect Theresa May after looking at the Labour Manifesto and going "Hey all this looks awesome".

idk the polls have closed to super close and most of them are weighted to favour traditionally conservative voters based on elections where a potato was running for labour so we'll see

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
prob also best to just cut off politics chat in the switch thread now if we can all just agree to that

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

prob also best to just cut off politics chat in the switch thread now if we can all just agree to that

Agreed, truce.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
They just had an Arms commercial during thetbhe NBA Finals. I don't have much to add but Switch is awesome so yeah.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deltron 3030 posted:

They just had an Arms commercial the NBA finals. I don't have much to add but Switch is awesome so yeah.

Was it bball mode?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it's funny that all these people have issues with Samsung TVs and the switch and with my 2012 Samsung (yes, I know it's just the 2016 TVs), it is the only time a CEC device has ever worked for me.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah you need to be opening up an Etsy shop for that jawn.

Etsy link

i think i set up this etsy page right. if you want one, click that link and place an order. i'm doing a few test prints right now to make sure it prints to the Highest Quality.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's weird coming across people in the 20,000 to 25,000 rating on Mario Kart. That is all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's weird coming across people in the 20,000 to 25,000 rating on Mario Kart. That is all.

:stare:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dieting Hippo posted:

Etsy link

i think i set up this etsy page right. if you want one, click that link and place an order. i'm doing a few test prints right now to make sure it prints to the Highest Quality.

Are you even making any money at that point? It comes out to like $14 shipped ($2.61 shipping? Might want to check it but that seems super cheap) for me. Pretty cool though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What was their character/cart combo?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jesus. I'm coming across 8000s and I thought that was stupidly high at this point.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

What was their character/cart combo?

Didn't see, my wife just took a screenshot of one of them, NOBUKO, 21801. The second guy, also from Japan had a little more than 23000.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Larrymer posted:

Are you even making any money at that point? It comes out to like $14 shipped ($2.61 shipping? Might want to check it but that seems super cheap) for me. Pretty cool though.

i should be after factoring in materials and time. thankfully etsy handles all shipping calculations, that $2.61 is domestic US. shipping jumps up to $10 and more once you start looking at canada and the UK. i also looked at other stand prices, and for what this one does it seems fair.

these are people who have mastered 200cc on a level that i never imagine i could achieve.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Half the time I try to play MK8 online i get a connection error, and then 1/3 of the time in puts me in a lobby on lap 1 of 3 of a race like i'm going to sit there and watch some assholes play mario kart and then I just start another single player race. I hope this isn't what they're going to make us pay for.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I broke 10k on the Wii U version, but tbh I can't be hosed to even really play MK8D online anymore considering how janky it is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stux posted:

did you miss the part where it mentioned that people can just walk into stores in aus and buy them no problem? as is also the case across most of europe which is the biggest market worldwide.

then again i guess i shouldnt be so surprised about exceptionalism from a country that just elected trump.

I am Australian you dumb gently caress

:cripes:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stux posted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stux posted:

europe which is the biggest market worldwide.

Is that true?

It doesn't sound true...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that true?

It doesn't sound true...

Apparently China is the largest market for video games.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Stan Taylor posted:

I hope this isn't what they're going to make us pay for.

lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Apparently China is the largest market for video games.

Having them be illegal up until relatively recently tends to generate demand.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
iQue best game console.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phone posted:

iQue best game console.

Gesundheit

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Having them be illegal up until relatively recently tends to generate demand.

They were illegal? I figured companies just didn't sell games there since piracy was so rampant.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People at 21000+ in MK8 are indeed good but the catch is once you get so much higher than everyone else you only get single digit points for winning. So to be that high already you have to be playing a lot. Like an unhealthy amount of video games.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
China vs Hong Kong. Video games for the most part were banned in mainland China until quite recently (last 15 years or so).

The iQue didn't come out until like 2004 and it was basically an N64 all-in-one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

People at 21000+ in MK8 are indeed good but the catch is once you get so much higher than everyone else you only get single digit points for winning. So to be that high already you have to be playing a lot. Like an unhealthy amount of video games.

Nah he was getting 20+

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Infinitum posted:

I am Australian you dumb gently caress

:cripes:

Allow me to show you my conspiracy theory that shows how the "Lan Dan Undah" engineered the Republican Party presidency of 2016...

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
MK8 is super fun online but boy is it annoying to be pelted with shells etc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

yeah youre cute

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wandle Cax posted:

MK8 is super fun online but boy is it annoying to be pelted with shells etc

If you're in 4th place, you're about to be in last place and you'll praise the sun if you manage to finish above 10th. Everyone from 5th to 12th will run a train of shells, lightning bolts, and Bullet Bills on your rear end.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It's basically best to stay in about 9th until the last corner and then just use a golden mushroom or bullet bill or what have you and end up in 4th across the line

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nah he was getting 20+

Ah ok the they changed it since the Wii u version. I totally got nothing for points when I was king poo poo nerd vs a bunch of people who had way less than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Phone posted:

If you're in 4th place, you're about to be in last place and you'll praise the sun if you manage to finish above 10th. Everyone from 5th to 12th will run a train of shells, lightning bolts, and Bullet Bills on your rear end.

We call that the blender.

• Locked thread