Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

This show is as far ahead of its time as the original Twin Peaks was. I can barely believe that is possible.

Also, this is the best comedy of the year, by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGiqck8X3EA

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I have to admit this was a weaker episode even though it had its moments. Definitely getting tired of the "watch Dougie try to function" plot.

I think the problem isn't that it's a weak episode, it's just that we don't have the one after it to follow through on. If I was watching the entire season in one sitting it'd probably feel like a smooth transition. Not too many answers but there's important stuff in here and at least we get follow up to Jacoby, the car bomb, etc.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have we made fun of how lovely Chrysta Bell is at emoting? Because she sucks at emoting. Walks nice though.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The junkie lady with the kid just bums me out. Glad he didn't get blowed up tho.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In case you were wondering, yes, Mädchen Amick is the same age now that Peggy Lipton was during the original run.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The payoff for Jacoby's gold shovels is so great. And Jerry Horne makes it so much better.

e: David Lynch's son is the guitar player in the band in the bar this episode.

el oso fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 5, 2017

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Josh Lyman posted:

In case you were wondering, yes, Mädchen Amick is the same age now that Peggy Lipton was during the original run.

It's charming that she's still at the diner but also sad that Shelley's career prospects never panned out and she's been a waitress for the last two and a half decades :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TrixRabbi posted:

It's charming that she's still at the diner but also sad that Shelley's career prospects never panned out and she's been a waitress for the last two and a half decades :(
Maybe she's a part owner of the diner now. :shobon:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man that was a really great ep. I feel like I have to rewatch all of them though just to pick up on things I missed.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The way that digital effect doesn't enitrely cover up the bottom of EvilCoop's mouth is super gross and weird looking. It's pretty great.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The long shot of Amanda Seyfried staring up at the sun was so loving good

nopants
May 29, 2004

General Dog posted:

Not as good as the gold poo poo-digging shovels for 29.95 reveal.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Sheryl Lee was listed in the credits for some reason. I don't recall seeing her at all...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nopants posted:

A shovel is $10 and a can of spray paint is like $5 so you're really only paying $15 markup for Dr. Amp's craftsmanship.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

el oso posted:

Sheryl Lee was listed in the credits for some reason. I don't recall seeing her at all...
She is a series regular.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

nopants posted:

Also very good

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
every episode of this show is electrifying. theres so much mystery

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

el oso posted:

It really sounded like her voice at the start of the radio song with high Becky in the car

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

She is a series regular.

Right. I think she's the only one, outside of Kyle, that appears in the credits each episode even if they don't appear in that episode.

So the popular theory that it was Briggs' headless body is true. So was he kept alive for 25 years and killed recently? Or perhaps they identified his body in the fire by his teeth, so maybe his head was in the fire but his body kept elsewhere. And if Bad Coop hired people to assassinate Good Coop after he took over Dougie's body, why is Dougie's ring in Garland's stomach? There are many questions.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Man that was a really great ep. I feel like I have to rewatch all of them though just to pick up on things I missed.
I watched it with captions on and caught every line of dialogue and I still feel like this! I just have so many questions about the workings of certain characters and subplots that I'm sure it's on me to interpret the answers to.

General Dog posted:

It really was. I thought for sure it was gonna pan out to show that she wasn't actually moving in the car and I was kinda confused when that didn't happen :shobon:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This season is just putting so much "prestige" television to absolute shame.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

el oso posted:

It might be due to the picture that they show at the beginning

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Binged 3-5 tonight. Was much better than 1-2 imo. They brought the humor back.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hope Coop gets un-broken soon. There's only so many episodes.

The buildup to what Dr Jacoby's shovels were for was fantastic.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

man nurse posted:

I hope Coop gets un-broken soon. There's only so many episodes.

The buildup to what Dr Jacoby's shovels were for was fantastic.

It's David Lynch so we'll probably get at least 3 more episodes of this.

nopants
May 29, 2004
What was the xfiles reference?

nopants
May 29, 2004
Next episode dougie eats pie and smells Douglas firs for thirty minutes

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I knew I recognized that shot of BOB in the morph..

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

With Coop longingly touching the statues shoes I am making a called shot that in order to restore Coop to full power they will need to retrieve his shoes.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
So Jacoby works for Infowars now.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

n4 posted:

So Jacoby works for Infowars now.

After the poo poo he saw I don't blame him for going a little odd(er).

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm liking everything about this so far, with the exception of not having real Cooper back yet. We had enough of Dougie being braindead in the initial 4 episodes, I'm ready for that part of the show to wrap up.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It would be pretty funny if Coop doesn't regain his senses until the finale.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

nopants posted:

What was the xfiles reference?

The cigarettes were Morley

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know Morley is a common fake name for tv/movie cigarettes, but I really want that to be an X-Files reference

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know Morley is a common fake name for tv/movie cigarettes, but I really want that to be an X-Files reference

Apparently its been used a poo poo ton in films and tv, but I always think of the cigarette smoking man and how an episode went to a morley factory. X-files owes a poo poo ton to Twin Peaks, so I assume its properly a homage to them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bobkatt013 posted:

Apparently its been used a poo poo ton in films and tv, but I always think of the cigarette smoking man and how an episode went to a morley factory. X-files owes a poo poo ton to Twin Peaks, so I assume its properly a homage to them.

Yeah, Morley dates back to Psycho.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And Heisler beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
The latest bar scene also reminds of the the fwwm dinner scene in that it's a pretty standard kind of interaction for me and people are shocked by it