Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

lucifirius posted:

Non-module loot, and someone has come forth with a Molok bpc for auction.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=521240&find=unread

That someone actually got loot is the only funny thing to come out of this whole boring "raid" tbh, its everyting surrounding it that is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I'm kinda okay with it being ninjable because it causes funny poo poo like that test guy who stole the first one then died. There should be some level of mitigation, but it should still be reasonable to steal.
IIRC CCP's said the wreck has some stupid amount of HP so agmars shouldn't be that big an issue, apparently one time people thought it happened was actually a salvage.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

nex posted:

That someone actually got loot is the only funny thing to come out of this whole boring "raid" tbh, its everyting surrounding it that is poo poo.

Well that and the whole t1 frigate thing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lucifirius posted:

Well that and the whole t1 frigate thing.

i still dont understand why everyone is upset about the t1 frigate thing

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

goons did it

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

CCP hyped the Sotiyo as a hard encounter that would adapt to what you bring. And then it gets done by a fleet of super cheap ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lucifirius posted:

CCP hyped the Sotiyo as a hard encounter that would adapt to what you bring. And then it gets done by a fleet of super cheap ships.

see, when i hear that, i laugh, not get angry

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It's a laughing and crying at the same time thing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lucifirius posted:

what's there to be upset about

the encounter got clowned, it happens, players are good at breaking designs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the only real issue is that a t1 interceptor can steal it from a group of 100 guys killing it over several hours, without any counterplay

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what's there to be upset about

the encounter got clowned, it happens, players are good at breaking designs

Exactly. And it's not like they can't change it (albeit they have a horrible track record of iterating on anything other than mining nerfs.)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
so are people still multiboxing rourqfleets or does delve have any use for indyvets : probably a bit far from rourq yet, but not that far, I can't think of a lazier way of gooning eve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

staberind posted:

so are people still multiboxing rourqfleets or does delve have any use for indyvets : probably a bit far from rourq yet, but not that far, I can't think of a lazier way of gooning eve.

multiboxing rorqs is still a thing but we got plenty of ore for everyone, and our cap producers always need more

even after the nerf we'll still have twice as much ore fields as we need

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I've been away for several years. I saw that there's a free to play option but it looks like it's just T1 cruisers and under so it's not worth it. Is there somewhere I can look at big changes, or can someone type up a couple sentences? I logged in and they changed plex I guess? The Sansha raids were new when I left, never did one, are they still around/worth it?

E: Also, lol that Greedy goblin is still writing about this game.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 4, 2017

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the only real issue is that a t1 interceptor can steal it from a group of 100 guys killing it over several hours, without any counterplay

I mean it's the same issue as ganking small volume high value freighters or w/e. We've been dealing with this for years. It seems like the most incompetent oversight for CCP to have not thought about how people will secure the loot.

Interceptors and BRs and whatever aside, it's probably net profitable after costs and sp loss to just drop a fleet of stabbed, nullified, covert T3s on it.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Chakan posted:

I've been away for several years. I saw that there's a free to play option but it looks like it's just T1 cruisers and under so it's not worth it. Is there somewhere I can look at big changes, or can someone type up a couple sentences? I logged in and they changed plex I guess? The Sansha raids were new when I left, never did one, are they still around/worth it?

E: Also, lol that Greedy goblin is still writing about this game.

Is he really still writing? Ayy lmao.

Big changes: jump fatigue for caps so you don't drop them from the other side of the game, t3 cruiser changes incoming, rorqual mining is OP, carriers are active, t3 destroyers, Machariels are cheap, 1 PLEX is now 500 nuPlex, and you need 500 for 30 days of game time. Incursions are still a thing and very much worth it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

multiboxing rorqs is still a thing but we got plenty of ore for everyone, and our cap producers always need more

even after the nerf we'll still have twice as much ore fields as we need

I think the biggest indy i can do atm is an orca,
I probably gave away the two my character had, so I can just bimble about throwing shade and trucking stuff here and there, I can look at what to train after I get in game, I was in gf during delve and was crap then, and I still am crap, I guess I can go towards a rourq via a jf.
Its been years but I might scratch the eve spacepox itch.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
gevlon started playing albion online and instead of utilizing the 'fast travel' system (which is basically jfs in eve without the time sink) he physically moves things from point a to b to make more profit.

he literally does runs all day long from city to city 14 hours a day and then brags about his massive wealth that he does nothing with.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I mean it's the same issue as ganking small volume high value freighters or w/e. We've been dealing with this for years. It seems like the most incompetent oversight for CCP to have not thought about how people will secure the loot.

Interceptors and BRs and whatever aside, it's probably net profitable after costs and sp loss to just drop a fleet of stabbed, nullified, covert T3s on it.

yeah it's bullshit when a 20/40/100/250 man fleet can have all their profits stolen by a single individual, it's bad game design that punishes people from wanting to play the game in the first place

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

he literally does runs all day long from city to city 14 hours a day and then brags about his massive wealth that he does nothing with.

Everything old is new again.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Is he really still writing? Ayy lmao.

Big changes: jump fatigue for caps so you don't drop them from the other side of the game, t3 cruiser changes incoming, rorqual mining is OP, carriers are active, t3 destroyers, Machariels are cheap, 1 PLEX is now 500 nuPlex, and you need 500 for 30 days of game time. Incursions are still a thing and very much worth it.

I'll probably just fit a vexor and try a couple incursions, everything else I might want to do requires more time than I care to put in right now. Thanks!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Chakan posted:

I'll probably just fit a vexor and try a couple incursions, everything else I might want to do requires more time than I care to put in right now. Thanks!

If you're wanting to use a Vexor, you're gonna have a bad time. You need battleships, and the blingier the better.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Everything old is new again.

Hello this is opportunity cost calling... he hung up?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Can someone tell the story of Sesfan and his now legendary escapades?

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

lucifirius posted:

If you're wanting to use a Vexor, you're gonna have a bad time. You need battleships, and the blingier the better.

Smartbombing battleships are where it's at. 300m an hour or more with 4 of them. Awww yeah. Easy money.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

Can someone tell the story of Sesfan and his now legendary escapades?

................./^)
.............../../
............./../'.;./';./&;;:+
........../'/.../..../......./?;\
........('(...&...&.... ;~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.m&
............\..............(
..............\................/
SESFAN IS NUMBER #1 SESFAN IS #1

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

gevlon started playing albion online and instead of utilizing the 'fast travel' system (which is basically jfs in eve without the time sink) he physically moves things from point a to b to make more profit.

yeah it's bullshit when a 20/40/100/250 man fleet can have all their profits stolen by a single individual, it's bad game design that punishes people from wanting to play the game in the first place

You are sooooo close to winning eve.

its this "Bullshit" that makes eve the dumpster fire everyone wants to toast their marshmallows at, its this exact bullshit that took us from flying fleets of rifters to... uh, flying fleets of rifters.

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 4, 2017

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Klyith posted:

best way: destroying the citadel spawns a "vault" that uses the same mechanics as stealing ESS tags -- there's a countdown and you get a direct warp disruption effect on you while waiting. when the timer ends the loot gets added directly to cargo, if your ship gets blown up first it resets and someone else can push the loot button. the vault is otherwise invulnerable. the vault spawns at the center of the citadel wreck (preventing cloaks). everything turns into a grid-control battle and because the container is a small object, you can clear off any interceptors with smartbombs.

ccp way: make it a strongbox that's 1000m3 and when people drop blockade runners just to deny, ignore the problem.

I like your idea, it's nice and complex. Hopefully CCP doesn't :ccp: it up but I've lost all faith in them by now.

gevlon is a loving nut and he's still dead sure goons pressured CCP into covering up some sort of crime which is about as :tinfoil: as anything gets

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

or just make the bpc 50k m3

solves all issues with a one variable change.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

or just make the bpc 50k m3

solves all issues with a one variable change.

yeah i agree with querns too

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

or that yeah

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

lucifirius posted:

Mostly laughing at CCP's inability to counter their own game design.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Is this the same Gevlon that used to blog about WoW a bunch of years ago? The name sounds super familiar.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Papal Mainframe posted:

Is this the same Gevlon that used to blog about WoW a bunch of years ago? The name sounds super familiar.

yeah lol

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

drat. I remember reading his poo poo back in the day and thinking "this guy is insane". Ah, the nostalgia of my first encounter with autism on the internet :3:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I remember reading a post about how blizzard was behind the times and needed to up the gold limit because it was limited to a 32 bit signed Integer per character

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
they did, and poo poo was measured in copper so it was 2.1m not 2.1b

but there was also i think a 1 million gold hard limit at the time

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I do not complain about xenuria, because the weaponized autism could have been much worse

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah he could be your trump lol thread posting

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

they did, and poo poo was measured in copper so it was 2.1m not 2.1b

but there was also i think a 1 million gold hard limit at the time

except this is world of Warcraft in the days when the insanely expensive gold sink items were a few thousand gold and most people had dozens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah he could be your trump lol thread posting

:bigtran:

• Locked thread