Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

What would that even be called?

Mr. Satan?

Mr. Buu?

Herbuule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Or just like the end of that South Park Episode with the massive battle in heaven. Just have King Kai explain everything off-screen.

"Oh my goodness, Goku unlocked the radiant Super Saiyan Rainbow! But Vegeta has fallen to darkness and gathered the power of Super Saiyan Shadow! How can they hope to defeat the fused Berfrieza?!"

*meanwhile episode focuses around Goten chasing a frog*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's kind of funny seeing people who don't follow anime outside of dragonball or watch japanese language anime at all get the "no guys 'oneesan' does not mean they're actually sisters" thing explained to them because this is the first time the franchise has had two female characters with, like, any level of interaction with each other outside of being moms sitting on a bench watching people fight

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

What would that even be called?

Mr. Satan?

Mr. Buu?

Mr. Mister

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Im watching the Buu Saga Kai Dub and... episode 40 just really cements how awful Goku is. No, you don't ask your son to let some perv "cop a feel" from his girlfriend. Yeah it was in the original too, i remember, but still that redub kinda nails just how shameful a question that is. Like tone down the Leland Palmer vibes dude.

edit: also just hearing Sean Schemmel talk about boobs is awkward.

edit2: Gohan even acknowledges it's sexual harassment and goes "oh well i guess we have no choice" like lol wow im just... wow i like dbz but then i remember there are moments like this and the redub just really reminded me that this existed and how creepy it is.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 5, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Mr. Mister

Mister-san

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lupus Rufus posted:

edit: also just hearing Sean Schemmel talk about boobs is awkward.

he says his wife's name enough that you should be used to that by now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Califla and Kale are the loving best.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this is 100% canonical

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Augus posted:

Califla and Kale are the loving best.

:agreed:

vv Also :agreed:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 5, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Honestly I am more interesting in seeing them than Goku and friends.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I don't know Sean, I think Goku would also like Olivia Newton-John's Physical.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Needs a third set of Caulifla leaning towards Cabba and Kale going Broli.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza is going to brutalize them all at once and it's going to be ugly as gently caress

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rutibex posted:

Piccolo does not need bullshit multipliers, he competes with super saijins and doesn't have any power boosting transformations. He gets there with good old fashioned gumption. Just think about that, to stay on the same level as the Sayjins he has to train 50X harder. If Piccolo used Kaio Ken he would destroy the universe.

Aside from the bullshit multipliers he got from absorbing the other Namekians that instantly catapulted him several orders of magnitude of power each time, you mean.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope the GoD that is stronger than Beerus is the mouse dude becuase Tom and Jerry logic.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

I don't know Sean, I think Goku would also like Olivia Newton-John's Physical.

Gokus favourite song is obviously Eye of the Tigar

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm playing out how this tournament is going to end, different scenarios include:

- Goku VS Jiren at the end, as predicted by the op
- Goku and Vegeta are the last two standing, Vegeta sabotages it at the end because he wants the super dragon balls for himself to resurrect planet salad
- U6 somehow wins, and uses the super dragon balls to wish U7 earth people to move to U6 earth
- Freeza and Frost plot and take down everyone
- Tournament gets hijacked, and the participants decide to go JRPG and start killing gods

I'm looking forward to it. Also, I love that the first person to agree with Goku that "yeah, we need Freeza" is Krillin of all people.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ImpAtom posted:

"Oh my goodness, Goku unlocked the radiant Super Saiyan Rainbow! But Vegeta has fallen to darkness and gathered the power of Super Saiyan Shadow! How can they hope to defeat the fused Berfrieza?!"

*meanwhile episode focuses around Goten chasing a frog*

Speaking of frogs, did Ginyu frog ever come back for an episode? I don't remember.

seiferguy posted:

I'm playing out how this tournament is going to end, different scenarios include:
- Goku and Vegeta are the last two standing, Vegeta sabotages it at the end because he wants the super dragon balls for himself to resurrect planet salad

They're gonna run out of vegetable themed names sometime, right?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Speaking of frogs, did Ginyu frog ever come back for an episode? I don't remember.

He came back and stole Tagoma's body and was later killed by Vegeta.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One thing that jumped out to me was that Caulifla called Kale a monkey, and Kale is dark skinned. I know Saiyans have a history of monkey tales, but from an English speaking mind that came off as a tad bit racist.

Fargin Icehole posted:

They're gonna run out of vegetable themed names sometime, right?

Ginyu frog was featured heavily in the Resurrection F arc.

Also, planet Salad was an actual planet the Saiyans owned that got blown up. Universe 6 still has theirs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

One thing that jumped out to me was that Caulifla called Kale a monkey, and Kale is dark skinned. I know Saiyans have a history of monkey tales, but from an English speaking mind that came off as a tad bit racist.

I mean, calling Sayians monkeys was always supposed to sound racist, wasn't it? The only people who ever called them that is Frieza and his men, because they're all horrible space racist assholes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That was the point

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The point was to make Kale angry since she was struggling to do the tingly-thing, so yeah, Caulifla was pretty blatantly insulting Kale.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But she was terrible at it and it was adorable.

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for Caulifla to reach Super Saiyan Rose mid-tournament

This, but completely and totally unironically :neckbeard:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for Caulifla to reach Super Saiyan 4 mid-tournament

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't wait for Kale to appear in the next Dragonball Fusions so she can fuse with Bra and become Brakale and start a thousand arguments over how it's pronounced.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope everyone just collectively forgets about Broly in extended universe stuff and replaces his appearances with Kale.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Summaries for 96, 97, and 98 have shown up. Not sure of the source though.

Freeza who has now turned over to the 4th universe, the 7th universe lacks one person, with no time left as the tournament draws closer, Goku and the others heads over to the tournament with only 9 members... but then a certain person shows up.

Finally, the Tournamet of Power begins! The eight universe's fighters and Gods who stands in the world of void, Grand Priest then tells everyone the shocking fact, the warrior who falls out of the ring disappears on the spot.

Universe 11 made a proposal of the universes who decides to go with their plan and for those who wont now divided, while the other universe 7 members were heavily targeted by a lot of fighters, Goku was enjoying their situation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao Yamcha to the rescue, Congratz Tien

Alternatively if you can swap universes and poo poo like Freeza did. It's gonna be Future Trunks

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If those are legit then they're really just loving with the fandom at this point. Who will it be? Buu again? Gotenks? ....Jiran?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheHan posted:

If those are legit then they're really just loving with the fandom at this point. Who will it be? Buu again? Gotenks? ....Jiran?

Gender-swapped Janemba

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

havenwaters posted:

Summaries for 96, 97, and 98 have shown up. Not sure of the source though.

Freeza who has now turned over to the 4th universe, the 7th universe lacks one person, with no time left as the tournament draws closer, Goku and the others heads over to the tournament with only 9 members... but then a certain person shows up.

Finally, the Tournamet of Power begins! The eight universe's fighters and Gods who stands in the world of void, Grand Priest then tells everyone the shocking fact, the warrior who falls out of the ring disappears on the spot.

Universe 11 made a proposal of the universes who decides to go with their plan and for those who wont now divided, while the other universe 7 members were heavily targeted by a lot of fighters, Goku was enjoying their situation.

No episode titles? I'll hold off on my belief until then.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

havenwaters posted:

It's gonna be Jaco lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dr.acula posted:

No episode titles? I'll hold off on my belief until then.

I don't believe the second part of 97 is real, as well.

Skipping right past 95 seems odd, too.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I didn't believe the Frieza spoilers either but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If that episode 96 spoiler it true then just lmao at Goku

Also Yamcha redemption arc?

• Locked thread