Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

I hope Coop gets un-broken soon. There's only so many episodes.
Are you not finding every Dougie scene as loving hilarious as I am? Kyle MacLachlan is knocking the physical comedy out of the loving park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they go on too long. Granted I watched and loved last episode but this one just seemed to drag in the Dougie parts. Makes me think that when all is said and down a really good 3 hour cut is going to come out of this. Muholland Drive girl is still fit as fuk tho 20 years later

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Are you not finding every Dougie scene as loving hilarious as I am? Kyle MacLachlan is knocking the physical comedy out of the loving park

MacLachlan is absolutely brilliant in this. Dougie and DoppleCoop feel like they're played by two completely different actors - and I think I forgot they weren't until the end of the episode. It's like Mr. Hulot and Hannibal Lecter; totally different.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

If this entire series arc is the rebirth of Cooper out of the black lodge and his eventual conquering of his dark side, I don't think we will see a fully functional Cooper until near the end of the season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also I'm watching a certain scene again for clarification and at the beginning, Lorraine calls the same device that DoppelCoop calls at the end in Argentina and this shows up on her Blackberry:

So uhhhh, what's going on with that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's calling the second Argentina.

SMP
May 5, 2009

steakmancer posted:

The latest bar scene also reminds of the the fwwm dinner scene in that it's a pretty standard kind of interaction for me and people are shocked by it

do you need help bro

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

grabbing an uncomfortable woman and sitting her down and screaming WANNA gently caress ME?? in an extremely unsettling and hostile way - A normal bar interaction

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It's not Twin Peaks without a character that is Leo level hate-able.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

remusclaw posted:

It's not Twin Peaks without a character that is Leo level hate-able.

That is James Belushi

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So wait, were Amanda Seyfried's husband and the creepy bar smoker not the same dude? Man I'm bad at faces.

Loved the episode otherwise. I really enjoy all the Dougie stuff - I absolutely would prefer regular Coop back, but the Dougie stuff is still great and hilarious. Shot of Seyfried, Jacoby reveal, imposed BOB face and Evil Coop making the prison technology go haywire were fantastic scenes. I'm legit impressed with Lynch that we actually went back to the kid and junkie mom - I figured that was gonna be an IE-esque one-off.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

A shovel is $10 and a can of spray paint is like $5 so you're really only paying $15 markup for Dr. Amp's craftsmanship.

plus shipping & handling

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SMP posted:

do you need help bro

What? That's just a Horne family tradition

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Disappointed that nobody's mentioned Ernie Hudson's brief appearance. :colbert:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Well, that's half of the Richard and Linda that the Giant talked about.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm really enjoying this, the slow pace is relaxing and makes all the payoffs feel extra satisfying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

So wait, were Amanda Seyfried's husband and the creepy bar smoker not the same dude? Man I'm bad at faces.
Nope, completely different people.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

It was bugging the hell out of me, who the woman the hitmen called looked like. Especially her mouth and expressions, I couldn't put my finger on it but they looked so familiar.

Looked up the actress and I still don't recognize her per se, but her pics made me realize she looks loving EXACTLY like Chloe from 24.

E: I'm drunk and have no particular point to make, just happy I figured it out.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 5, 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Nope, completely different people.

It took me way too long to realize her boyfriend is the interview guy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It took me way too long to realize her boyfriend is the interview guy.
He got some great loving feedback! :haw:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

are they heroin or coke junkies? Mr. Jobhunt and NeoPalmer?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

basic hitler posted:

are they heroin or coke junkies? Mr. Jobhunt and NeoPalmer?

$72 worth of coke doesn't go very far. I assumed it was meth.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought druggie dude was Macaulay Culkin for a moment.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm only familiar with people doing lines of coke, not heroin or meth, so I assumed that's what it was v:shobon:v

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else notice a green flashing light on Dougie's lying coworker's face before he called him out? More Black Lodge powers?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mordja posted:

oh poo poo, you're right

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I'm only familiar with people doing lines of coke, not heroin or meth, so I assumed that's what it was v:shobon:v

Nope people snort heroin all the time. Its a more "classy" way of doing the drug as their are no needles. However, they often want a quicker fix so they move to needles. I am pretty sure meth is the same way as snorting it is quicker than smoking it.

Also when the guy went in for the job interview all I could think of was Spud from Trainspotting so if it was speed makes it funnier.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

never done heroin and the tar that permeates the Texas market regardless, isn't snortable but you can definitely snort powder that's more common up north, and speed. I've seen it happen more than the smoking so popularly depicted. Meth has a pretty specific behavior profile though and you can't talk like a drunken slug like Mr. JobTipz there.

the true twin peaks mystery: drug abusing viewers trying to figure out the details of substance abuse

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Moai Ou posted:

Did anyone else notice a green flashing light on Dougie's lying coworker's face before he called him out? More Black Lodge powers?

Yeah, I think that's what prompted Cooper to call him out. I think the light was red, though?
e: Just checked. It was green and flickering.

Everyone getting very impatient with Dougie at the end of the elevator ride was just perfect. Naomi Watts is in a lot of trouble if she can't figure out on her own what number to call. Dougie isn't going to fix her problems.

Was Tammy Preston noticing that Doppelcooper's finger prints were the wrong way around?

And More fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 5, 2017

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I hope Dougie with Black Lodge assist keeps effortlessly destroying every single piece of human garbage that crosses paths with him for a few more episodes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Job interview guy is also pretty good in Antiviral, which was directed by Cronenberg's son. Only reason I recognized him, though I'm pretty sure I've seen him in other stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm watching Fire Walk With Me and the tangible dread of the dinner scene where Leland is telling Laura to wash her hands..... :gonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jerusalem posted:

I'm watching Fire Walk With Me and the tangible dread of the dinner scene where Leland is telling Laura to wash her hands..... :gonk:
Oh just you wait :stonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh just you wait :stonk:

Oh sweet Jesus :stonk:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jerusalem posted:

Oh sweet Jesus :stonk:

FWWM is one of the few films I can still watch like it's the first time because I've repressed most of it. :getin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I loved it, as an exploration of Laura's descent as a result of her victimization it's pretty incredible and the ending is outstanding. Some of the peripheral parts don't quite work, in particular I didn't really enjoy the opening section with Chris Isaak and Kiefer Sutherland, but once it returns to Twin Peaks and focuses in on Laura it becomes pretty goddamn amazing. I loved Leland too, those rare moments of clarity where he can see how monstrous he has become, which in turn has let Bob in.

I guess it's time to watch the new season now!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Missing Pieces!!

Also yeah if anyone could shed light on what exactly was happening with the Tammy scene it would be a big help :)

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Mordja posted:

People all getting excited about Belush and they ain't mentioned motherfuckin' Winston Zedemore

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Job interview guy is also pretty good in Antiviral, which was directed by Cronenberg's son. Only reason I recognized him, though I'm pretty sure I've seen him in other stuff.

He's also the younger brother from Get Out.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I hope Dougie with Black Lodge assist keeps effortlessly destroying every single piece of human garbage that crosses paths with him for a few more episodes.

Yeah, it's like Coop is so good that he effortlessly fucks up assholes around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Franchescanado posted:

He's also the younger brother from Get Out.
Oh wow, I was literally just about to ask if that was him even though IMDb doesn't list him as part of the Twin Peaks cast. They must be slow on updating that page.