Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Jagged Jim posted:

Why be chased around by a cosmic horror that looks like a giant blob of bubble gum when you can have a Sexy Erchius Ghost?

It's just so sexy. :nms: :nws:

Raise your hand if you thought her left leg was a giant cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm not convinced its not.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Jagged Jim posted:

Why be chased around by a cosmic horror that looks like a giant blob of bubble gum when you can have a Sexy Erchius Ghost?

This is some Silent Hill poo poo.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jagged Jim posted:

*dons armchair psychologist sweater vest*

the decision to depict the female orgasm as an incorporeal being suggests patient can't find the clit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

*dons armchair psychologist sweater vest*

the decision to depict the female orgasm as an incorporeal being suggests patient can't find the clit.

The decision to mod it into Starbound suggests modder is a furry.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
What's new in Stellaris modding? Oh, the "RPG Traits" mod, looks like a good option for a RP-focused game, wonder wha-

^^^literally the first preview image.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937456012

Made worse by the fact that the example is a snalien species. Why must you be mean to snailiens, they are the best.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

What's new in Stellaris modding? Oh, the "RPG Traits" mod, looks like a good option for a RP-focused game, wonder wha-

^^^literally the first preview image.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937456012

Made worse by the fact that the example is a snalien species. Why must you be mean to snailiens, they are the best.

So, Pakleds?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

See this would actually be an interesting trait: they don't have much raw intelligence but they have a certain cunning that enables them to manipulate others than underestimate them. Might be a net disadvantage but there would be fringe benefits they could work with. But I dunno, even if you're being very clinical about the word "retarded" as a diagnosis, do we have to showcase "Retarded Snail People"?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm being an insensitive jerk but "Retarded Snail People" is hilarious to me.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

do we have to showcase "Retarded Snail People"?

Well donald trump did win the presidency...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

They're slow in more ways than one!

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

"I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out, the frames sync up nicely, and if you let her get close to you.. well, I'll just let you see for yourself ;"

I'm afraid but I still want to know what happens.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, Starbound is an actual game now.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

poptart_fairy posted:

Wait, Starbound is an actual game now.

That's one way of putting it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24612/

quote:

title : white coursers

author : aion-alexis, timelord extraordinaire.

description : have you ever noticed, how most of the individuals within the institute are an ethnicity of white, however all of the coursers are an ethnicity of non-white? this is obviously a consistency issue, it can be interpret in many ways, however, it is correctly interpret as, there are only 2 templates for the majority of coursers, and these the relevant templates, are an ethnicity of non-white; however, the correct interpretation does not explain, as to why x6-88 is also an ethnicity of non-white..which is obviously, non-immersive and slightly absurd.

what the mod does : this mod replaces all of the coursers with individuals, that, are of the ethnicity of white and are carrying a random institute laser and are carrying an additional electrified baton and are having a sensible haircut. this mod also replaces x6-88 relevantly. the modification of the appearance of the coursers, goes as far as, skin tone and hair.

installation : it is a single .esp, just chuck it in yer data directory, the file structure is set up, so mod managers will be ok.

conflicts : this should conflict with nothing, other than mods for, coursers and/or x6-88.

author note : this mod is not intended to be taken as racism, i personally dislike, demons and undead, as much as the living, most of the time, for these days, they typically all equally bare the mark of the beast, that are mobile phones, therein, becoming the “we are one” of the “borg collective”, and so not relevant to race..food for thought. Oh, and also, my first fallout 4 mod ( yay for me! ), as I finally got my hands on the creation kit (june 2017).

PS: DEFINE BLACK. Because the image is just like... a guy who's been to the beach maybe.

"They're mostly black! AND THEN X6 IS BLACK! THAT IS INCONSISTENT AND ABSURD"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 3, 2017

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

PS: DEFINE BLACK. Because the image is just like... a guy who's been to the beach maybe.

I like that he finds the presence of other races "non-immersive". Look guys, I'm not a racist, I just don't think it's realistic for non-white people to exist.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'm amazed that even as hamfisted as the symbolism of a largely white group creating a nonwhite underclass is, some people still manage to miss it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

"I, am not, racist, but have you seen , demons of modern society, I mean its just not, logical,"

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Polaron posted:

I'm amazed that even as hamfisted as the symbolism of a largely white group creating a nonwhite underclass is, some people still manage to miss it.

As a fellow timelord, I thought you two would see eye to eye.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All the named coursers ingame but X6 are pretty clearly white, but I guess he forgot those.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

What the gently caress happened at the end there.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yardbomb posted:

Old man yelling at the sky and cell phones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yardbomb posted:

Midnight Voyager posted:

Old man yelling at the sky and cell phones.

I had to think on that one for a minute to get what the logic is, but I think he seems to consider cell phones unholy because they allow everyone to talk to eachother regardless of race. But he's not racist, honest!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I had to think on that one for a minute to get what the logic is, but I think he seems to consider cell phones unholy because they allow everyone to talk to eachother regardless of race. But he's not racist, honest!

By my reading he dislikes cellphones simply because they're the work of satan, and by using phones you're connecting yourself to the satanic collective consciousness. Since everyone uses cellphones he hates everyone, and as a result is not racist.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

And he used the phrase "Mark of the beast" which for some reason seems to be a 100% giveaway that a person is not playing with a full deck. In this case you can kinda figure it out before it gets to that point, but yeah, I have never heard anyone use that term seriously without being crazy.

McSpanky posted:

Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy has a pretty good through-line about the social ramifications of widespread (but not ubiquitous) anti-aging technology as well.

I know it's from last page but I can't second this enough. I don't see it get a lot of talk, but there's a ton of thought that's gone into the books about what the real consequences of stuff like anti-aging would be like, better than just about any other author I've read.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

"They're mostly black! AND THEN X6 IS BLACK! THAT IS INCONSISTENT AND ABSURD"

The comment section is gearing up for some amazing Nexus drama (or as dramatic is Nexus is allowed to get) - there are some people who are raising objections to whitewashing a subset of people who seem to be a reference to the actual Underground Railroad (just from reading the comments - haven't played Fallout 4 myself), and then there are people who are playing the "don't like, don''t download" card. Bonus points for the guy who used "marxist culture virtue signaling" completely unironically, as far as I can tell.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

That guy is almost definitely a Nazi, so he's squarely in the target audience for crazy cell phone guy's "remove all non-white elite death robots" mod I guess :v:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jayme posted:

The comment section is gearing up for some amazing Nexus drama (or as dramatic is Nexus is allowed to get) - there are some people who are raising objections to whitewashing a subset of people who seem to be a reference to the actual Underground Railroad (just from reading the comments - haven't played Fallout 4 myself), and then there are people who are playing the "don't like, don''t download" card. Bonus points for the guy who used "marxist culture virtue signaling" completely unironically, as far as I can tell.

There's the "Railroad" who wants to help synthetic humans escape from the Institute. The Coursers are synthetic humans used by the Institute who don't see them as human, even though they have been designed to be just like humans. They're enforcers who catch escaped synths and do fieldwork. The coursers are the ones that are supposedly mostly black.

If it's intentional, it's obvious. (though I will maintain that the pictured "black" courser is one or two shades lighter than his white one.)

And the gently caress is with his "sensible haircut" thing? Coursers are actual death machines. Giving them longer hair doesn't make sense as "sensible."

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Coursers (who are black) are stronger and faster than normal humans.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Other than X6-88 most of the coursers I remember were white dudes though.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Well then explain why nobody cares that the Pip-Boy is the Mark of the Beast? I'm onto you Todd.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

Other than X6-88 most of the coursers I remember were white dudes though.

there's the lady one in far harbor but i don't remember her race

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I find it funny too, but it's more because of how blunt it is. It's almost a few steps away from someone making a custom race based off an obnoxious co-worker.

quote:

RACE NAME: Stupid Moron Steve
HOMEWORLD: Assholia
DESCRIPTION: The Stevians are a race of stupid assholes descended from a grand stupid rear end in a top hat. They were probably able to achieve spaceflight from all the time they spent goofing off in the parking lot instead of getting back from their lunch on time. They are a selfish and gluttonous species, as evidenced from their habit of taking but that last bit of coffee from the break as an excuse not to make a new pot.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

stone cold posted:

there's the lady one in far harbor but i don't remember her race

According to the wiki
, her race is "Synth".
E: After looking through the wiki some more, the named coursers are pretty white apart from X6-88, which may or may not improve matters. The robot underclass important enough to get names also get white skin, while the nameless drones and henchmen get darker coatings.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 4, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

I find it funny too, but it's more because of how blunt it is. It's almost a few steps away from someone making a custom race based off an obnoxious co-worker.

This is a great idea, BTW.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah the Stupid Moron Stevians are a legitimately funny idea, offensive to no one except the hypothetical Steve and assholes exactly like him. That's much better than the snail thing.

Even better if, in a game full of this huge rainbow of weird aliens, there's just a whole culture of boring rear end in a top hat human white-collar clerks named Steve, like some kind of banal bizarro version of the Horatio from Endless Space.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I also know a douchebag named Steve so it works.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

drat, did you work with Steve too? Though him drinking coffee seems out of place, because of all his talk of the "Well, Actually..."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

More games should come with a Seriousness slider, so cool people can laugh at the Steves without having to hear the whining of people who can only handle deadly-serious Pretend Space War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Angry Diplomat posted:

Even better if, in a game full of this huge rainbow of weird aliens, there's just a whole culture of boring rear end in a top hat human white-collar clerks named Steve, like some kind of banal bizarro version of the Horatio from Endless Space.

So, like, transplanting Vault 108 into another game?