Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Urek's personality being that of an awkward, love sick teenager is maybe the best development of an already great arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Does Garam even know that Urek is responsible for Hell Joe's power? Also, love Garam and Evan reacting to seeing Mazino. Seems like Hockney left out some details.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The mechanics of an event you see happening with your future sight only happening because you saw it happening confuses me so I'm just going to try not to think about how those eyes, which apparently came from Enryu, work.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Could just be a vision he sees inside his head. Kind of like in Xenoblade with the Monado if you are familiar with that game. Doesn't really explain the "mechanics" but just chalk it down to anime.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Eopia posted:

The mechanics of an event you see happening with your future sight only happening because you saw it happening confuses me so I'm just going to try not to think about how those eyes, which apparently came from Enryu, work.

They seem like just an extreme version of how Guide powers work. You see potential outcomes and choose. His guide vision is so good that he basically only sees one path that's always the best/works towards Enryu's and Baam's destined goals. He might just interpret it as seeing the future when it's just seeing the best possible outcome and acting towards it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm glad we're getting more information from rachel on what exactly her role was and why shes pissed off

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Have a link~

Never thought I'd feel some sympathy for Hell Joe, but those guys seem like jerks!

Also lol at Garam still being all despondent. Guess she thinks she can't take back that lil' ol' speech.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not sure if its disappointing that urek can't use shinsoo or not

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So aren't we kind of jumping the gun with assuming that Baams ability to use Shinsoo is because of the thorn? I have a feeling this is going to be resolved with Hell Joe joining the crew and Rachel getting Baam's thorn that he doesn't need anymore.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think it's necessarily The Thorn, which is why Enryu, the dude who brought The Thorn, could oppose an Administrator in the first place.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I agree but I think that it's a red herring. All of the focus on the administrator and his child doesn't really say anything about Enryu's true identity and Baam's relation to him. I just think we're taking it for granted when it hasn't been confirmed.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New one up: http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-252/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=333

Urek is still great.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't know why, but for some reason this feels to me like a sneak peek of what Baam is eventually going to be able to do.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I'm really hoping the baby irregular will kill the baby administrator

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Can someone other than Baam please get the Thyrssa and/or thorn fragment? It would be great if Baam companions weren't all drastically weaker than him. One of the things that HxH does much better than ToG is having companions that are the equal of the protagonist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

even without the thorn baam was always going to be substantially stronger than everyone else. the entire series is based around that idea

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Imagine Red Thyrssa Khun.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Imagine Rak as the most powerful character in the setting, oh wait that's already true though.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The latest arcs have been amazing. They've fleshed out Rachel as having more depth of character than in the first season, made her so interesting and a much more complex villain of sorts. And now that we know at least part of the story of WHY FUG wants Jahad dead (Disciples of V avenging their old master, etc) it puts an interesting new spin on their ultimate goal. I'm thoroughly enjoying the princesses and Urek, but I'm slightly disappointed that Mangator has been dropped (temporarily at least) into the abyss. At least Khun is still being as smarmy, cocky, and enjoyable as ever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

urek being insanely arrogant but funny about it is real good

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jose posted:

urek being insanely arrogant but funny about it is real good

Is it arrogance if you can kill people with just your pinky finger?

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

nimby posted:

And you're trying not to break your power-restraining anklet.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I know they're not talking about the author of TOG, but I can't help but read it that way:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

nimby posted:

Sure! Deserved arrogance is still arrogance.

...He's such a goddamn goof

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-253/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=334

The parallelism between Joe and Baam is being laid on very thick here.

I wonder how Urek's hat stays on through all of this.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I totally feel the red thryssa here. It's just so infuriating when somebody gives admin powers to regular user.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Speaking of that, I'm actually wondering if the weird demon thing FUG put in Baam ages ago is actually a similar entity to the Red Thyrssa. It is looking inside of him and going "ADMIN POWERS" or whatever and that seems like something FUG would do, the weirdo asshats that they are.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Translation was super sketchy this week.

Useless Name
May 3, 2005
Yeah there is definitely a bunch of clues linking FUG with administrator research. Red Thyr sees the blue demon within Bam and thinks its an administrators power. Urek also stole the drug to separate Hell Joe and Red Thyr from a FUG aligned workshop. Back at the beginning of season two we still have the mysterious red lobster within Bam that's different from the thorn. SIU is really good at foreshadowing stuff with hints from far back chapters. Another interesting thing this chapter was that Beta was unaffected by the shinsoo drain.

Also, doesn't White have a demon inside him as well that kinda looks like Red Thyr and Bam's blue demon/administrators power...

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Isnt the blue thing the lump of souls he got from a part of White? Is admin power a bunch of stolen souls?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The lobster thing is related to the thorn.

Useless Name
May 3, 2005

Jose posted:

The lobster thing is related to the thorn.

I don't think they are the same. Bam got the lobster on the second floor, and we see it being used on the 20th. Bam is given the container for the thorn when he teams up with Reflejo, and then gains the thorn during the workshop battle. There was a whole scene on the 2nd floor where 'something' was put into Bam, and lately there have been hints that FUG's ignition research also involves research on administrators. (Urek stealing the separating solution from FUG)

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Okay so like I said the thorn is just a red herring. I think the administrator powers thing is also jumping the gun. I'm sure FUG has been doing research and trying to achieve this, but Baam probably naturally has the ability to freely manipulate and produce shinsoo within the tower, which might be perceived as an "administrators power".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's kind of funny that at this point there are like four possible explanations because people keep shoving crazy magic poo poo into Baam.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Sindai posted:

It's kind of funny that at this point there are like four possible explanations because people keep shoving crazy magic poo poo into Baam.

It's one of the few things I take issue with in this series. It feels kind of like Ichigo in Bleach having literally everything; but somehow still not being significantly more powerful than his peers (yet).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Baam is orders of magnitude stronger than his peers, and it *absolutely* makes sense that a secret murder cult would give their chosen murder god all the power they could.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My issue isn't so much with Baam's power, since he's accurately portrayed as being far stronger than others on the same floors as him (and it's a specific plot point), but with the power coming from multiple sources. I was happy that it seems like all of White's souls won't actually turn into a long-term power-up.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm just waiting for Baam to casually reverse flow control the shinsoo back into environment and also casually cancel red thyrssa's shinsoo control.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno I think Urek has a pretty good hold on that situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Mulva posted:

Baam is orders of magnitude stronger than his peers, and it *absolutely* makes sense that a secret murder cult would give their chosen murder god all the power they could.

Before the last rice pot thing, he was comparable to Androssi. Now he's definitely surpassed his floor mates. I guess what I'm saying is he's still spent the last 40 floors getting all sorts of weird unexplained powers and only keeping pace with the best of his peers instead of eclipsing them.