Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If anybody utters the name "Startropics" at Nintendo HQ, Zoda will escape again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The next Metroid game should be like Dead by Daylight / Friday the 13th, where players assume the role of random space pirates mooks who have to get off of a spaceship before Samus shows up and murders them with an ice beam.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Windwaker is really the 3rd StarTropics.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vakal posted:

The next Metroid game should be like Dead by Daylight / Friday the 13th, where players assume the role of random space pirates mooks who have to get off of a spaceship before Samus shows up and murders them with an ice beam.

Metroid Fusion kind-of does this, as there's a fully-powered clone of you which is effectively invincible and wrecks you and you just have to avoid/hide from it (although it's heavily scripted so not super-elaborate).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Metroid Fusion kind-of does this, as there's a fully-powered clone of you which is effectively invincible and wrecks you and you just have to avoid/hide from it (although it's heavily scripted so not super-elaborate).

I like fusion a lot

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
I really think Retros next game is metroid. Reggies been talking it up, they hired the composer of deus ex who has a sci fi background and they have been in development of this new game for at least 4 years at this point. Nintendo knows people have been clamoring for it and I think retro even posted a pic of Prime rib on twitter randomly.

But I'm ok with whatever their new game is (especially if it's another donkey kong or diddy kong racing) as long it's not some freemium game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

I like fusion a lot

It's gotten a lot better in retrospect

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I hope there is news of a new Wolfenstein or DOOM 2. Pretty much all I care about atm.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There is definitely a new Wolfenstein but the next DOOM is probably a ways away

Maybe they'll announce a DOOM solo expansion though, after that bullshit 'season' of multiplayer DLC

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I hope the next Metroid is a mobile f2p game in the style of clash of clans/mobile strike :twisted"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Vakal posted:

I want the next console Pikmin game to be like this. Have a mode that brings back the caves from 2 where you can play as a boss enemy trying to hunt the various captains down.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mr President posted:

I really think Retros next game is metroid. Reggies been talking it up, they hired the composer of deus ex who has a sci fi background and they have been in development of this new game for at least 4 years at this point. Nintendo knows people have been clamoring for it and I think retro even posted a pic of Prime rib on twitter randomly.

But I'm ok with whatever their new game is (especially if it's another donkey kong or diddy kong racing) as long it's not some freemium game.

I agree with you but that twitter thing was pork ribs because they were having a barbecue, lol. Nerds don't know what a prime rib is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Maybe they'll announce a DOOM solo expansion though, after that bullshit 'season' of multiplayer DLC

Have an in-engine announcement where they're explaining the thrilling story to be continued in the expansion, but Doomguy leaves 10 seconds into it and spends the entire announcement killing the poo poo out of demons instead.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I would 100 percent be down for some more DOOM SP in the form of DLC or a standalone expansion :getin:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

federation force on Switch would be hilarious but I'm 100% certain that poo poo is fake

DOOM expansion, now that's the kind of thing you can announce and ensure you "won" E3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A new Wolfenstein would be pretty good too

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's too early for Doom 2: Doom 4-2: Doom 5.

Bring on Wolfenstein X Doom.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
I doubt DOOM will get mentioned at this e3. You probably won't hear about it until 2019 at the earliest. Wolfenstien: The New Collosus is a shoe in though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Funky Valentine posted:

"Impossible. Impossible!" Miyamoto whispered, "I saw - we all saw - saw what happened! There wasn't anything left to bury! How can this...?"

The rumors had been true. No one could stop him.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"Impossible. Impossible!" Miyamoto whispered, "I saw - we all saw - saw what happened! There wasn't anything left to bury! How can this...?"

As the lightning flashes, Crash is seen standing just outside Miyamoto's window with a machete.

"Hey Plumber Boy..."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crash: THE CONSOLE. YOU OPENED IT. WE CAME.
Mario: It's just a PS1!
Crash: OH NO. IT IS A MEANS TO SUMMON US.
Mario: Who are you?!
Crash: EXPLORERS IN THE FURTHER REACHES OF EXPERIENCE. DEMONS TO SOME. ANGELS TO OTHERS.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fallout 4 VR is going to blow us all away.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Funky Valentine posted:

Crash: EXPLORERS IN THE FURTHER REACHES OF EXPERIENCE. DEMONS TO SOME. ANGELS TO OTHERS.

Dr. Crash Pretorius: Plumbers are such easy prey.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo, Crash Bandicoot was on a Nintendo console. There is precedent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7w2MJwFe0

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Lakbay posted:

Hell yes, will there be/is anyone hosting an IRC or Discord with rapidfire shitposting live during the shows? That's my favorite part of E3

I thumbed through all 30 something pages and didn't see a response to this.

So, yes:

#e3 on irc.synirc.net

And discord if you funky:

https://discord.gg/0t1bO7c3wBQTwogb

I look forward to a completely unreadable IRC log as well as whatever it sounds like when way too many people all try to voice chat at the same time/spam TTS cause I'm def turning that poo poo on during E3.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I prefer to do my shitposting where it can be preserved indefinitely for posterity, such as this thread

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
A good move.

On that note, I could stream the voice chat with video feed.

It'd sound like one of those meme 360 noscope videos but hey, I'm down.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Road to E3 2017: Crash Bandicoot Appreciation Station

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Road to E3 2017: Miyamoto Sweaty Crash Banghetti

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Road to E3 2017: Miyamoto Sweaty Crash Banghetti

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Either announce a new Dino Crisis or just cancel E3 once and for all tbh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dino Crysis

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Now I want Naughty Dog to gently caress off with Last Of Us 2: Cry Harder and make a straight up celestial horror adventure game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

Now I want Naughty Dog to gently caress off with Last Of Us 2: Cry Harder and make a straight up celestial horror adventure game

The Last of Us Vestiges Of My Sanity

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is the Nintendo presentation actually after the others this year? Will we be able gauge the miyamoto sweat?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DalaranJ posted:

Is the Nintendo presentation actually after the others this year? Will we be able gauge the miyamoto sweat?

It's probably already recorded.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

From Software could just make the last third of Bloodborne into its own game and you're there.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I've always been wanted a game that was like a reverse Doom. Classic angels as described in ancient texts are pretty horrifying and I imagine the heavenly host would be super pissed if a bunch of humans somehow punched a gateway from earth into heaven. Imagine trying to hide from a flying flaming inter-connected pair of cosmetic rings covered in hundreds of eyes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I've always been wanted a game that was like a reverse Doom. Classic angels as described in ancient texts are pretty horrifying and I imagine the heavenly host would be super pissed if a bunch of humans somehow punched a gateway from earth into heaven. Imagine trying to hide from a flying flaming inter-connected pair of cosmetic rings covered in hundreds of eyes

Bayonetta's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

It's probably already recorded.

Prerecorded from a walk in freezer.

• Locked thread