Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sean10mm posted:

When did Morning Joe go from shamelessly vile Trump boosters to hating the poo poo out of him? I accidentally watched some Morning Joe and he had "gently caress Trump" on full blast the whole time.

A month after the election or so. He's playing some creepy angle and isn't your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Xibanya posted:

Ohh this tweetstorm feels good after not having anything super entertaining for days. Holy poo poo on Saudi Arabia's actions on Qatar though; I can't help but think this will end up another awful conflict that the US will make worse by inserting its dick.

I took a break from RWM for my own mental health but I've noticed by Trump-supporting friend making covfefe jokes on twitter. Is your average Trump supporter unaware that people have been making those kinds of jokes to mock supreme leader? Wouldn't put it past them to be blinded by their love for daddy.

The general T_D line is apparently that "covfefe" is Glorious God Emperor being a memester and that he has somehow played all the MSM and liberals, so they like covfefe jokes more than anyone. It's a meme handed down by the God Emperor himself!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

When did Morning Joe go from shamelessly vile Trump boosters to hating the poo poo out of him? I accidentally watched some Morning Joe and he had "gently caress Trump" on full blast the whole time.

Its been a while

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

VitalSigns posted:

Wait what?

That is interesting, do you happen to have any articles about that?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/05/15/cold_war_map_shows_areas_prohibited_to_soviet_travelers_in_the_united_states.html

This map shows where Soviet citizens, who were required to have a detailed itinerary approved before obtaining a visa, could and could not go during their time in the United States. Most ports, coastlines, and weapons facilities were off-limits, as were industrial centers and several cities in the Jim Crow South.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

sean10mm posted:

The moment it became economically advantageous for them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

He's gone back and forth a bit, but I think realizing that Trump was never going to change or grow into the job and would actively hurt US interests in many ways, even aside from any problems he creates here at home, became pretty hard to ignore. Current Republican elected officials seem fine with all of this, but past elected officials seem quicker to jump off the train.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Unzip and Attack posted:

The moment it became economically advantageous for them.

Makes sense. Guess there was no point in being the token MSNBC Republicans when Trump's approval rating is lower than fire ants and black mold.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sinteres posted:

He's gone back and forth a bit, but I think realizing that Trump was never going to change or grow into the job and would actively hurt US interests in many ways, even aside from any problems he creates here at home, became pretty hard to ignore. Current Republican elected officials seem fine with all of this, but past elected officials seem quicker to jump off the train.

Past elected officials don't have to worry about being swarmed by angry redhats like they were fire ants.

See: Boehner declaring the Trump presidency a disaster 'except for foreign policy' (lol)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sean10mm posted:

Makes sense. Guess there was no point in being the token MSNBC Republicans when Trump's approval rating is lower than fire ants and black mold.

MSNBC seems to be interested in nothing but hiring republicans.... Maddow and Hayes are pretty much the token liberals now.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I know that this might be an exaggeration or an angle on what May really wants.

But look up GDPR. And then think about it. How will they comply with GDPR and have no encryption?

There's no loving way, that's how. Goodbye Britannia, you had a good run. You're gonna die on the backs of stupid racist people, just like you lived.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Xibanya posted:

Is your average Trump supporter unaware that people have been making those kinds of jokes to mock supreme leader? Wouldn't put it past them to be blinded by their love for daddy.

Nah man, it's 0th order, non-denominational Chutes and Ladders.

Covfefe broke all libs minds and asd;lkfja ;ifja;sldkfj asdaosidg

asdlfkjdçͫͧ̐ͦ̈́̒̔ͮ͊̐̆҉̕͠͏̱̣͎̼o̷̴̮̦̖̲͉̘̜͈͖̘̝̩̭̦͕̤ͩ̇̋̒͛̐̓̃ͨ̏ͮ̅̊͗̕ͅͅv̂̾ͤͯ̋́ͯ͑̊͢͏̶̬̩̣͔̹́f̷̺͖͍̹̜̰̮̣̖̜̭͍̥̖͖̊͂̉̏̃̐̆̚͟͡ͅé̡̛̳͙̘̠̫̣͕̫̤ͩ̊͒̀̀̀ͅe̎̊͂̃ͦͧ͘҉҉͏̴̬͖̘̟̖̯̝f̢͉͙̭̭͚̲̼̙̐̀͗ͩ̈́̋͛ͨ͛̄̏̈́͗̀͆̃̄͘͟͢ͅḙ̴̣͈̮̗͍̦͚̝̱̭̱̤̼̘͇̅ͦ͆͐̓̃̈́͌̀́̍̓̅ͥͪ̉̚͡e̢̥̠͕͆̑ͫͬ͐̑̌̏̀̐̓͂̈́ͫ̕͜ ̡̧̥̥̺͉̘̳̹̼̼̘̝͓͖͈̫̬̮̦͊͛̀͐ͥͪ̓̍͠ͅp̺̺̠̪̦̠̤̠̘͉͓̯̤̺͓̞͖̝ͬ̆̔̋̑ͬ̋̕͠ͅȩ͌̆͑ͭͪ͏̤̗̫̰̜̺͕͈̰̯͎͍̺͔͚͉͔̹͢͠e̷͇̼̥̹̺̞͎̦͚͈̯̦̫̳̿ͯͥͪͨͩ̊̒ͤͤ͌͒̄͗͘͜͞p̛̩̝͎̦̗̜̱͓̝͖͎̰͉̟̅̈́͑ͥ͒͠e̴̢̤͇̬̗̜͋ͨ̀͋̄͗̆͋̄ͫẽ̩͉̻̥̻̟͕̜͖͙̘̣͈̙͎̰̟̰͂̔̄͜ ̸̴ͬ͐͊͂̃ͬ̇̃ͪͣ̎͜͝͏͕̖̳̗͎̝̬̝D̢͎̮͓̞̦͙̳̠͔̻̥̦̬̘̘̟͚́͌͂́ͨ̓̆͆͜͟Ö͈̲͚̱̤͎̙͔̲͉̘̺̫̼̞̰̪̘̜́ͦ̐͛̔̄͊̆̐͆ͨ̀ͤͭͩ́̎ͦ̔̕Ņ̵̼̭̘̯̘͈̯̦͍̯̓ͩ͐̔̓̒̈ͯ̈́ͫ̉̔̋̉ͭ̚F̡ͩ͑ͫ̀ͥͬͭͫͬ͆ͪ͑̏͋̚҉̸̰̗͚̲̺̣̝̻͓̪͉ͅĘ͉̦̫͎̩͆̈́̋̓̔̑ͥ̏ͪ͂ͤ̀͜͡F̊ͣͤͬ́̔̑ͦ̊ͣ͆̍͂ͪ̈̈́̎̐̚͏̢̻͈͔͙̟̜͇̣̩̠Ę̴̡̫̱͉̗̺͖̭̖̞͉͈̰̘͚͇̗̯̣͉͑͑̅ͮ͛̔D̶̟̘͚͚̥̘̱͚̗̳̑͑͒̾ͭ͊̍ͨ͋͗ͩ͜͡ ̃̏̓̔͌̍͐̏ͬ̊҉̨̱̮̳͘ͅT̨̪̺͈̭̖̩͕̼͚̤͖̙̪̟̳̈́̇̊ͩ̓̏̃̓̉ͧͤ́͘͢R̉ͦ͌̑͆͛́ͦ͌̀͗̉̉ͫͫ̑̉̎̚҉̲̹̥͎͔̠̙̥̠͚͎̤͕̟̝Ȗ̷͓̝̠͚̺̠̙̮͈̻̮̱̦̟̤͍̣͚̱ͫ̐̑̔̉ͩ̿̌̈́͟͢M̷̛̝̪̙͔ͨ͐̋ͭ͟E̾͊͊ͣ͋̓̌͏̡̝̺̟̙̬̣̪̼͠Mͬͯ͗̅̈͊͋ͫ̓̃̀ͬͤ̔͘͏͓͙̬̻͔͖̞̠͎̙̣̯̦̭̫̗̺̕E̴̛̳̼̤̤͙̬ͫͣ͌͊ͧ̿M̸̼͈̝̣̦͍͊̿ͭ̽̉ͧ͗̏Ȩ̷̷̸͎͎̺̹̣̭̲̻͓̳̈̎̒̾̒̆̎ͦ̈͋͋ͧͨ͒̽ͧͧ̕M̴̴̠̹̹̻͔̟̫͉̜̳͙̪͚̩̲̋̌̄̂̂̆̆ͅE͐͛̏͋ͫͣͣ͗́̄ͣͯͫ̽҉̸̳̟̣̠͓͎̺̼̦̹͎̙͙̼̠͕̥̪͜M̧̠͇͚̜̹͍̞͍̜̮͙̈́͛ͭͭͩ́͘͟Ę̵̵̖̮̼̦̬̗̣̙̆̽̉̒͛̔͋͜͟c̵̪̭̱̱̫͔ͪ͑̂̄ͦͥ͆̅ͭ͊ơ̡̬̙̞̩̲̹̊͑̽ͨ͑́̉̉͌̏̆͋̉̀̾́̈ͬ̓͜͠v̴̭̺̲̥͇̱̙̳̦̘͕̝͖̱̻̬̥̀͑̓̑ͧ̍͘͘͞f̧͈͙͎͉͕̿̉̿͊͋̊̒ͩͦ̇̈́ͣ́͢e̳͇̪̰͈̲̠̱̐̇̂͐ͫ̊̕͞ẹ̢͉̟͔̠̭̱̞͕̓̓ͣ͐̆͑͒͌̅̇̚͜͠ͅf̸̛̛̟͓̬̼̻̖͒͋ͣ̉͛̃̀̚e̙̙̼̣̤͕͉̺͌ͦͯ͆ͤͧ͌ͬ̐̅̌̊̇ͦͦ͊͘͡͝ę̵̵͚̪͕̙͔͔̖ͦ̒͑̇́̍͑̃̒̒̌̚͝͡ ̴̶̩̞̤͈̤̱͕͔̞͕͍͖̱̦͈̠̟͍ͣͨ̎̓ͯ̀̎́̓͒͑͘͜p̸̢̻͓̞̙̮̪̪̯̣̺̗͇͙̲̘̜͒ͣ̾͒͛̑̽̎͂͋̃̿͘͞ͅe͐͐ͬ̉̒ͪͪ̓҉̬̗͇̝ȩ̧̟̭̘̦̩ͤ̀͋ͪ̒̂͌ͯͦ̂̓́ͅpͩͩͮ̄̈́͑̊̌̃̉̏ͧ͏̹̺̫̦̠̯̫̺̟̪̹̟͞ͅe̻̤̱̲͙̭ͧ̄̋ͤͤ̈͑̌̎ͭ̅͆͟͝͠e̹͖̪̣̲̣̣̮̼͓̘̻ͦ̍ͭͩ͗͆ͮͫ́͠ͅ ̵̲̗̬͕̱̥͇͇̟̱ͩ̆̇̔͛̑̀̍̂͘D̸̛̠͚̠̭̯̝̥̜̜̺͇͎̰̪̠̻̺̏ͦ͑̾͋̊̅̍̀ͤ͞ͅO̡͂̽̂̑̊̒ͫͦ̾̾̀̚҉͇̺̼̥͡N̷̳̳̤̯̖̘̗̰͉̩͓ͩ͒͑ͯ̉ͩ͒̏͌̽̆͂͆̌̅̚͘F̐ͨ̓̾ͦ̓ͪͥ̔ͤ͏̶͖̖̻̩̞͢Ȩ̷̷̞͉̻̮̯̗̙̺̮̣͓̩̩̯̭̲̗ͧ͗̄͒̈́͛͒ͫ̓͜ͅF̶̹͕͓͖̬̅̿̊ͧͫ͟͡Ẻ̵̦̫̜̺̪̝̫͇̈ͩ̆̊ͤͪ̆̈͌̈̉̄̑̔̃̓ͦ̎̀̕͜Ḑ̦̦̩͚̜̯͔͍̽̑ͨͧ͐͋͊̀ͪͯ̐͆̆ͥͪͩͨ͑͊ ̸̵̮͕̩̝̲̯̘̜̯̣̟̝͚ͯͨͪ͌ͣ̽ͯ͌͞T̢̛͍̞̖̓̓͌̉̄͜͝͡Ŗ̵̖̝̮̘̞̼͇̖͉͋͒͆̊̃̓̆ͪ͐ͣͭ͢͡U͓̼͓͛̽͌͆̀͜Mͫ̿͋̍ͯ͗̋ͥ̃̍̆̕͡͏̰͈̥̠̞͔̱̟̫̘̮͓̝̠̟̙̖̱̪͟E̸̴͖͈̫͇̖̯̻̰̯̖͉̙̮̦͚̣̒̾̑̔͆͛͊́͗̋̕͜͝ͅM̴͚̬͎͉̭͉͔̲̗͖̜͌͒͋̃͊̽ͧ̒̀ͭ̔͛ͧ́̚͠ͅE̶͚̠͔̯͎͔̞̲͔̬̖̖͖̮͒̎ͧ̈ͫ͋͋̆͊̊̌̚ͅṀ̨̩̝̖͗̽ͧ̃͊ͫ̋̔ͮ̎ͤͪ͑̀͗̀͟E̷̛̺̗͔̺̗͖̫͔̮͈̪̻̻̯̮̖͌̈̌̾̈́ͮ͆̓̾̃͒ͧ͛ͨ̈́͡M͌̈́̾ͨ̏̑̎̎̃̋̏ͫ̚͡͏̬̫̼̹̪̰̬͍̰̯͟͡Eͯ̌̀̄ͮ̎ͫ͆̒͊͊́͒ͨͥ̈̌́҉̤̩̭̤̥͈̺͎͕͔̙̜̰̗̜̜͍̕M̸̛͖̼̙͎̥̤̼̠̤͚̠̺̩ͭ̓͋͑̉́̕E̸̩̞̺̠̲͔̤̯͎̿ͮͤ̔́ͨ͆ͤ̾ͦͨ̚͡c̶̡̟̝̭̙͔͊̏ͬ̏̿͐ͬͬ̔͠ơ͖͇̣͚̬͉̲̼̞̪͚̜̏̌̂͛͊̑͛̀̚͠͝v̡̻͉̫̟͔͔̣̹̹̂̔͂̄̕͢͟f̴̴̧̨̛̼̮̼͍̝͚̙͍͚̱͆̑͌̓ͮ̄̋̂̎͆ͮͮ̔ͤ͂͗̊e̴̡̗̳̼̞̘̼̮̫͇̬̤̦̠͖̭͔̎ͭ̽̈́͆ͩͨͯ̊͘͠ͅę̵̺̖̬̱̭͙̦̦̝̖̦̪̻̼͎̘͑̾̇͗̄͆͑ͨ̂̎͘͠f̸̛̛͔͎̖͈͎̟͖͇̲̊̓̔̇ͮ̏͂ͧ̿͊ͤ͒̅ͤ̓͝͠ę̹͔̪͚̰̟̜̓ͩ̉ͦ̈́ͣ̈́̑͛̾̓ͨ̽͑ͨ͂͐̋ͮ́́͜͝eͤͨ̆̽ͯ͗̂͋ͩ̓ͬ̎͐̉̓ͥͥ̒ͧ̀͟҉̨̘̳̟̜͈̦̳͈ͅ ̩̞̥̜̮͈̯̲̤̳̹̺͚ͨͯ̂̂̔͒̚͜͟p̸͓̙̳̟̄ͫ̄͌ͥ̒̃̎̌̑̌̍͂ͦ͜ẽ̴́ͪ̀͏̛̻͈͚͕͔̞̯̠́͡e̝͙̞͖̖̺̼͖̲̦̓̉͌ͤ̈̀ͩ̉͛̇̐̚͢͡p̵̸̡̛͈͈̤̤͖̯̗͍͕̙̟̭̹̱ͤ͆̇ͦ̾̔̈́͋̅ͣ̐ͮ̍̿͆ͮ͜ͅe̴̡̩̠̙̜̝͈̺̖̤͖͈̝͍̰͇ͫ͂͑ͣẹ̴̢̡͈̟̫̞̻̦̞̬͓̺̘͚̰̳͈̬̤ͬͣ̎͛͟ ̷̨̨͇̠͚͉̳͈̥̱͎͇ͨ͛͊ͫ̿ͦͨ͒̇ͤͧ͆͌ͨ͝D͗̓͗ͮ͏͇̥̖͎̣̻̙̘̰̠̖͕̘̼̞͟͞͠ͅO̸̸̩̻̣̖̠̙̼͂̏ͪ̽͋ͤ͒̐͐͝

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Won't stop them from loading up on the Hugh Hewitts of the world.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mcmagic posted:

A month after the election or so. He's playing some creepy angle and isn't your friend.

This basically describes the media as a whole. Individual journalists can be and are cool, but the overall trend of "gently caress Trump" right now is entirely because they can get away with it and because it gets eyeballs. We're extremely, uh, "fortunate" that Trump can't go a whole day without loving up, because it's obvious that a ton of media outlets are desperate to get back to something approaching normalcy.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Retro42 posted:

I doubt anything like that will happen honestly. However, fairly certain that the next president is going to try and start working only to realize no one around the world will take his/her call anymore. It's been 4 months. By four years even if we are still a part of NATO it'll be as a minor member at most.

This is what makes my stomach churn. The US is regarded as an international joke of a country, businesses start to reduce their footprint in the US due to political instability, and exports start to diminish as the world stops depending on US goods and services. The oncoming economic downfall results in big unemployment numbers for poorly educated white men, and we have the perfect powder keg, stuffed to the brim, waiting for an American ISIS.

I mean, gently caress, we had our AAA credit rating reduced thanks to republicans loving with government shutdowns years back, all we needs is for Trump to push some shutdowns and act out on allies to get people really freaked out. This country looks sketchy as hell when you read the news.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Past elected officials don't have to worry about being swarmed by angry redhats like they were fire ants.

See: Boehner declaring the Trump presidency a disaster 'except for foreign policy' (lol)

I want someone to ask him where he rates Trumps foreign policy now.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

So has there been any official US word on the Qatar stuff? I mean this seems to have taken everyone by surprise, it should probably be a pretty clear foreign policy failure that 2 weeks after a major foreign trip to a long term 'ally' said ally is taking actions to massively destabilise a vital region. Like ignoring all the moral horror, it seems like a pretty major strategic failure on the part of the US. Happening so soon after the visit also doesn't look particularly good. Lacking a response makes it seem more like either they were totally unprepared for any action or Trump really doesn't give a poo poo and doesn't want to come out and respond.

He did after all assure KSA that he hadn't come there to lecture them. No, Germany and France are the bad people that need to be lectured for their governance failures.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

MrNemo posted:

So has there been any official US word on the Qatar stuff?

No, Trump hasn't tweeted about it yet.

That is seriously the point we're at now. Our state department can't function. The WH doesn't put out statements. We get garbled tweets and nothing else.

I really feel like we're one disaster away from our government ceasing to function entirely.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ripoff posted:

This is what makes my stomach churn. The US is regarded as an international joke of a country, businesses start to reduce their footprint in the US due to political instability, and exports start to diminish as the world stops depending on US goods and services. The oncoming economic downfall results in big unemployment numbers for poorly educated white men, and we have the perfect powder keg, stuffed to the brim, waiting for an American ISIS.

I mean, gently caress, we had our AAA credit rating reduced thanks to republicans loving with government shutdowns years back, all we needs is for Trump to push some shutdowns and act out on allies to get people really freaked out. This country looks sketchy as hell when you read the news.

Oh no, this keg involves much more than international business dealings.

You're gonna privatize everything that wasn't as of yet privatized these 4 years. And you'll never get all that poo poo back. Never. The US people won't react well to the word "nationalize", once it's gone it's gone.

And you're gonna do it for everything. Maritime and air traffic control, pensions, probably everything related to VA, roads, parks..

Everything is hosed in the USA, it doesn't really take much prescience to get that. Even with a best case scenario of an impeachment you have Mike Pence to look forward too. And then Paul Ryan.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Everyone agrees that Trump hates Sadiq Khan because he's 'one of them' right?? Because that's exactly what's going on in his feeble demented old person brain

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

fatherboxx posted:

Why is he undermining his own people publicly?
How is that man able to get anyone to trust him

48% of voters are retarded

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Supreme Court (a) summarily affirmed the lower court decisions holding that North Carolina state redistricting was an unconstitutional racial gerrymander (i.e., they affirmed the lower court without even bothering to write an opinion about it) and (b) unanimously vacated the order requiring special elections in 2017, on the basis that is a fairly drastic remedy and the district court decision did not really consider any of the factors involved in coming to the decision special elections were appropriate and was extremely brief on the reasoning behind it. The decision for (b) wasn't that a district court can't order special elections to remedy a racial gerrymander, but that if you do something that drastic you've got to explain why so that an appeals court can actually consider it.

All in all, a very good decision. It's hard to argue that if you're requiring a state to do a whole special off-year election cycle you've got to at least put some effort into explaining why that's permitted, and the fact the Supreme Court wasn't interested at all in discussing any challenges to the factual determination North Carolina conducted a racial gerrymander is great. This means the factual finding that North Carolina did racially gerrymander its legislature is now non-appealable and final. They must redraw the districts, which gives Democrats a chance to take over the state legislature in 2018 (or, at a minimum, break the veto-proof majority), and we'll see what the district court does from here.

The decision for (b) is at the end of the order list here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/060517zor_e18f.pdf

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

48% of voters are retarded

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

MrNemo posted:

So has there been any official US word on the Qatar stuff?

Remember this?

https://twitter.com/StateDept/status/849429861408133120
State is by all accounts non-functional and largely out of the loop when it comes to White House foreign policy decisions. We're not living in a time where we can expect prompt and honest statements from the government anymore, especially on matters of foreign policy.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Everyone agrees that Trump hates Sadiq Khan because he's 'one of them' right?? Because that's exactly what's going on in his feeble demented old person brain

I don't think there's any question that if Boris were mayor of London Trump's reaction would have been different.

Question is if Ken Livingstone had been mayor, for all his other faults he's someone I'm sure would have been outspoken in criticising Trump, would there have been the same reaction? That is, is he attacking him because he's a Muslim or because he's spoken out in defence of Muslims and their inclusion in UK society.

Then again maybe that's a pretty unimportant bit of nuance.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

This basically describes the media as a whole. Individual journalists can be and are cool, but the overall trend of "gently caress Trump" right now is entirely because they can get away with it and because it gets eyeballs. We're extremely, uh, "fortunate" that Trump can't go a whole day without loving up, because it's obvious that a ton of media outlets are desperate to get back to something approaching normalcy.

Yeah, the circumstances are making the media do their job because it's where the ratings/sales/demand are. Trump is massively hated by a majority of Americans, and virtually everyone else in the world. They're doing the right things for stupid reasons, but Trump looks to be totally incapable of just acting normal long enough for everyone to get bored and wander off.

Basically if the public has a short attention span in general, Trump's fuckup cycle is even faster than that. He can't even just do nothing long enough for the public (and by extension, the media) to get bored and wander off.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Mezzanine posted:

Orange ape... problems with Khans... thinks he's king of everything... wait a minute

:aaa:

King Louie believes in science, and would be a better leader than trump.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Oh I missed this yesterday but I just want to say "gently caress PEYTON MANNING. You lowlife gently caress. Kids look up to you and you are lending your brand to an racist criminal madman. gently caress you."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mae posted:

She me the secret of Tomi Lahrens fire.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Mae posted:

And he knows how to dance

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

MrNemo posted:

I don't think there's any question that if Boris were mayor of London Trump's reaction would have been different.

Boris Johnson and Trumpy are literally the exact same human being, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

Remember this?

https://twitter.com/StateDept/status/849429861408133120
State is by all accounts non-functional and largely out of the loop when it comes to White House foreign policy decisions. We're not living in a time where we can expect prompt and honest statements from the government anymore, especially on matters of foreign policy.

Yeah, my cousin works for the State. He says it's all chaos and nobody knows what's going on.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
It should be pointed out that Trump's basically at historic lows right now, if you look at the aggregate:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He sorta appears to be on a plateau right now, but given how poorly he handles every single thing that happens I just don't see an easy path for him to go up. 55% disapprove in June of his first year is real bad

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Really though what's wrong with Qatar? Aside from the slavery thing. I've been to Doha, it was alright. And Qatar Airways is tits. They run AJ and it's always been pretty solid. What's the beef all of a sudden?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Oh I missed this yesterday but I just want to say "gently caress PEYTON MANNING. You lowlife gently caress. Kids look up to you and you are lending your brand to an racist criminal madman. gently caress you."

I mean, he's a confirmed sex offender who tried to ruin the life of the woman he sexually assaulted in college, and "allegedly" used his wife as an HGH mule. He's Trump's perfect golf buddy.

http://deadspin.com/how-tennessee-s-sexual-harassment-allegations-caught-up-1759118435
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/12/27/al-jazeera-investigates-secret-world-of-sports-doping.html

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

It should be pointed out that Trump's basically at historic lows right now, if you look at the aggregate:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He sorta appears to be on a plateau right now, but given how poorly he handles every single thing that happens I just don't see an easy path for him to go up. 55% disapprove in June of his first year is real bad

LOL @ that 10 point swing from Gallup to Ras.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Tbf, kids these days probably look up to Cam.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

5 dead in the Orlando shooting.

CNN reports

So everyone revving up their Reichstag Fire posts can go away now.

Remember his dumbass tweet yesterday about guns

3 Terrorists with knives and a truck - 6 people dead
1 disgruntled dumbfuck with a gun - 5 people dead

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

have we discussed yet trump specifically saying his lawyers are lying to the supreme court yet

because holy crap i just looked at those tweets and if i were one of the lawyers defending the ban i'd move to withdraw before the supreme court sanctioned me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

I mean, he's a confirmed sex offender who tried to ruin the life of the woman he sexually assaulted in college, and "allegedly" used his wife as an HGH mule. He's Trump's perfect golf buddy.

http://deadspin.com/how-tennessee-s-sexual-harassment-allegations-caught-up-1759118435
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/12/27/al-jazeera-investigates-secret-world-of-sports-doping.html

Yeah I know all this but he does still have, for whatever reason, a good reputation...

Chilichimp posted:

Tbf, kids these days probably look up to Cam.

Hopefully they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

MrNemo posted:

So has there been any official US word on the Qatar stuff? I mean this seems to have taken everyone by surprise, it should probably be a pretty clear foreign policy failure that 2 weeks after a major foreign trip to a long term 'ally' said ally is taking actions to massively destabilise a vital region. Like ignoring all the moral horror, it seems like a pretty major strategic failure on the part of the US. Happening so soon after the visit also doesn't look particularly good. Lacking a response makes it seem more like either they were totally unprepared for any action or Trump really doesn't give a poo poo and doesn't want to come out and respond.

He did after all assure KSA that he hadn't come there to lecture them. No, Germany and France are the bad people that need to be lectured for their governance failures.

People are wondering what prompted the tweet storm from Trujmp this morning, and I think it's pretty much this. The White House seemed pretty desperate to position Trump's first overseas trip as a huge success, but even the Saudi arms deal is blowing up in his face and is looking like a huge cock-up. He can't say anything that makes it appear like the Saudis did this without consent, because then it looks like he got taken in a business deal. On the other hand, there is no way that this really falls in line with US interests in the region, so he can't really support the Saudis either. So instead it's impotent rage at some other subject in order to distract.

• Locked thread