Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Do you really have Melvin Gordon as your 4th RB? Wasn't he very touchdown dependent last season, with a low YPC?

YPC was 3.9 so not great, but not Trent Richardson. He had 1400 yfs last year, just under 1k on the ground and 40 receptions rounded out the rest. That's not shabby.

That being said, I'd take Howard over Gordon in a heartbeat.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Melvin Gordon owns, YPC is an overrated and misleading metric. He caught a bunch of passes, broke tons of big plays, and yes, scored a bunch of TDs. Chargers invested into the o-line in the offseason, and added no RBs of note to challenge his workload, so it's wheels up on MG.

His TD upside might be down slightly with so many weapons (red zone threat Mike Williams, HH, old man Gates, Allen and T. Williams), but the Chargers should be a much better team this year (they were pretty unlucky last year) and have more leads/scoring opportunities. Gordon should be drafted in that second tier of RBs this season with no reservations.

Shady/Murray/Gordon/Ajayi/Howard (though i hate Howards lack of pass catching)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Melvin Gordon owns, YPC is an overrated and misleading metric. He caught a bunch of passes, broke tons of big plays, and yes, scored a bunch of TDs. Chargers invested into the o-line in the offseason, and added no RBs of note to challenge his workload, so it's wheels up on MG.

His TD upside might be down slightly with so many weapons (red zone threat Mike Williams, HH, old man Gates, Allen and T. Williams), but the Chargers should be a much better team this year (they were pretty unlucky last year) and have more leads/scoring opportunities. Gordon should be drafted in that second tier of RBs this season with no reservations.

Shady/Murray/Gordon/Ajayi/Howard (though i hate Howards lack of pass catching)

All of this. Plus new head coach that should be ground game friendly. Gordon is a dynasty buy for me right now, exactly because people are rightly expecting his touchdown rate to dip but wrongly ignoring all the other massive positives he has going for him.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 1, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'll have to investigate further. I only saw a little of him, but what I saw was meh. Certainly not enough to form a staunch opinion. Having said that, lol Melvin Gordon.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:siren: BSOHL ALERT :siren:

Fat Rob.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

:siren: BSOHL ALERT :siren:

Fat Rob.

Not a high bar when the only other shape you were was round.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip: :rip: :rip:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/870714855673745409/photo/1

"This is Crockett Gillmore's year" he says, screaming into the void.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/870785402084278272

I did not see this coming!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Wow. I gotta think he lands and plays somewhere right? He's not that old/broken, is he?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I guess I wasn't wrong about Maclin being a non-factor for the Chiefs this year :eyepop:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Congratulations Ravens, Bears, Bills or 49ers

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Who the gently caress is catching passes there this year. Can Tyreek even run routes yet?

Somebody tell me about Jehu Chesson I guess.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Zeus, that's who. Kelce gonna eat

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Matt Harmon is freaking out about Albert Wilson.

Is Bert taken yet as a FF nickname? Can't decide whether that would be preferable to Jehu Chesson or not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Matt Harmon has been a huge Albert Wilson fan and was losin his dang mind about him this time last year too. Call me crazy but I don't think Alex Smith's fourth option is worth owning though (Kelce, whichever RB is on the field, Reke Hill) :shrug:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Cervixalot posted:

Zeus, that's who. Kelce gonna eat

did the chiefs sign kaepernick or

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lmao have you literally never seen alex smith play he buffs all tes around him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A few drunken hot takes

Marshawn is a wasted draft pick at his adp

You're literally retarded if you don't take pierre garcon at his adp in ppr

Dak Prescott as the #7 drafted qb is loving stupid

Mariota and Jameis will both be well within the top ten this year

JJ Nelson gonna kill it this year

Colin Kaepernick is being blackballed as we speak but Joe Mixon will be a top 15 RB despite punching a woman in the fuckin face

The NOLA backfield mess is going to make none of them worth starting

Jarvis Landry won't break out of his role and will have an absurdly low ceiling in standard scoring

Ameer Abdullah gonna feast until he fucks himself up again

Jeremy Maclin is gonna be a Raven

Eli Manning is gonna drag down SS, Marshall and EE

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
^^^

All true except, there is a fair chance that AP is completely washed and a shell of himself, which would make Ingram a high end RB2 by midseason. For all he's done for us, he's still a 32 year old RB who hasn't had a 100 yard rushing game in 21 months, and who looked absolutely terrible in his two games last year before suffering a devastating injury.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
In Dynasty I was able to trade AP + 1.3 for 1.2 + 3.2. I think I won the gently caress out of that trade. Corey Davis get over here.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Lmao have you literally never seen alex smith play he buffs all tes around him

Kelce streaking down an open seam

Alex Smith stares at him longingly

Arm cocked back ready to let fly

Checks down to RB

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Kelce streaking down an open seam

Alex Smith stares at him longingly

Arm cocked back ready to let fly

Checks down to RB

Kelce was the #1 TE in half-ppr last year so this is dumb and wrong.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Rotopass code EARLY ends this weekend.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

In Dynasty I was able to trade AP + 1.3 for 1.2 + 3.2. I think I won the gently caress out of that trade. Corey Davis get over here.

Fournette went 1? You might've been able to get slightly more for AP from a believer and I don't think you murdered the other owner, but I would have done this too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Kelce was the #1 TE in half-ppr last year so this is dumb and wrong.

The most notoriously fickle, shallow, and hardest to predict position has it's lowest scoring #1 overall player since 2010 by at least 2 PPG in full ppr and people are gonna draft him in the 3rd round while Alex Smith throws him the ball and I'm the one who is wrong

Kyle Rudolph was TE2 last year. MAYBE IT'S FINALLY TIME or maybe The Worst Position was actually some how worse last year so being the best at it actually really doesn't mean anything don't draft tight ends

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 3, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

none of that is a refutation of the prediction that with maclin gone, kelce will get more targets, which is what was proposed

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It kind of is. It might not get there in a linear way, but historically speaking, his targets are more likely to go down than up in a vacuum.

The key point is this is not a vacuum and I don't think anyone has ever accused Teemu of being objective regarding drafting tight ends early.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Kyle Rudolph was TE2 last year. MAYBE IT'S FINALLY TIME or maybe The Worst Position was actually some how worse last year so being the best at it actually really doesn't mean anything don't draft tight ends

Since people may not believe it because you said it, do remember that TE was worse last year than usual. Bennett was like TE#7, would've been #13 or thereabouts in 2015. Position was more of a shitshow than usual.

I do think Kelce owns and is entering that Greg Olsen tier of "locked in high end TE1 that is nevertheless not a game changer like Gronk". But not sure Maclin staying or leaving makes too big a difference either way.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

RVProfootballer posted:

Fournette went 1? You might've been able to get slightly more for AP from a believer and I don't think you murdered the other owner, but I would have done this too.

LF is 99% going #1. The owner of #1 is a scumbag who convinced someone he was going with MCaff with 1.1 so that they'd trade for his (formerly my) 1.3 so he could be lying but I would be ok with Davis or LF. He managed to get Evans for 1.3, White and Enuwa which was the real steal.

And yeah depending on what AP does it could be a very even trade but it's more likely he won't have a great year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The most notoriously fickle, shallow, and hardest to predict position has it's lowest scoring #1 overall player since 2010 by at least 2 PPG in full ppr and people are gonna draft him in the 3rd round while Alex Smith throws him the ball and I'm the one who is wrong

Pretty sure I didn't say a drat thing about drafting Kelce in the 3rd. Just that your description of how he is utilized in the offense is not correct at all. He had 1125 yards last year and that was DOUBLE what the #2 had.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

LF is 99% going #1. The owner of #1 is a scumbag who convinced someone he was going with MCaff with 1.1 so that they'd trade for his (formerly my) 1.3 so he could be lying but I would be ok with Davis or LF. He managed to get Evans for 1.3, White and Enuwa which was the real steal.

And yeah depending on what AP does it could be a very even trade but it's more likely he won't have a great year.

Sounds like dude plays fantasy football the way it is meant to be played. :D

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Sataere posted:

Sounds like dude plays fantasy football the way it is meant to be played. :D

Yeah it's 100% on the guy who believed him but he's going to run out of trade partners real quick.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Pretty sure I didn't say a drat thing about drafting Kelce in the 3rd. Just that your description of how he is utilized in the offense is not correct at all. He had 1125 yards last year and that was DOUBLE what the #2 had.

He could've had 1600 if Alex Smith didn't blow at throwing the ball over 20 feet and no matter what anyone wants to believe or how we want to extrapolate stats and targets, his QB will always cap his ceiling

Kelce is probably the best TE in the league to be honest and he had the worst TE1 season in almost a decade.

e: by all rights, Kelce should actually be joining Gronk, and formerly Graham, in that "only TE actually worth drafting before the 3rd to last round" camp and he will literally never be until he has a QB that isn't afraid to throw a seam route

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 3, 2017

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

He could've had 1600 if Alex Smith didn't blow at throwing the ball over 20 feet and no matter what anyone wants to believe or how we want to extrapolate stats and targets, his QB will always cap his ceiling

Kelce is probably the best TE in the league to be honest and he had the worst TE1 season in almost a decade.

e: by all rights, Kelce should actually be joining Gronk, and formerly Graham, in that "only TE actually worth drafting before the 3rd to last round" camp and he will literally never be until he has a QB that isn't afraid to throw a seam route

You saying he had the worst TE1 season in a decade means absolute jack poo poo. It doesn't change the volatility of the TE position which is independent of any individual performance. But to look at a TE with over 1100 yards and complain that he wasn't a big part of the offense is objectively wrong.

Edit: You are seriously underestimating Kelces yardage per game and the floor that provided at a volatile position. I made the championship last year despite drafting Keenan Allen and Eddie Lacy in rounds 2 and 4 and it had a lot to do with Kelce, who I got in the 6th.

Edit2: It doesn't matter at all if TE was a down year because it was down for everyone. I don't think anyone would have been unhappy with drafting Kelce near his ADP last year.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 4, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I don't think it's crazy to have doubts about Kelce. He wasn't a truly dominant TE until the second half of the season and his season high for TDs is still only 5. I can't dismiss the idea of Andy Reid and Alex Smith finding new and frustrating ways to underuse him again.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

As a fan of athletic achievement, I loving love Travis Kelce. I would love if he were in a situation that truly could make him shine because I desperately want to watch him clown fools for 9/125/1 a game.

As a fantasy football player I don't want any part of him at what will likely be an inflated ADP because everyone's going to assume that hell absorb half of Maclin's targets, rather than get blanketed by a safety every game and end up with roughly the same stats when Alex Smith can't attack the seam over the top.

In a vacuum, Kelce's talent is limitless and there's no reason why he shouldn't be as productive as Gronk and be a completely justifiable mid-to-late 2nd round pick, but as long as he's in Reid's offense with Alex Smith as QB, he's got a glass ceiling over his point totals. That's really not an outrageous claim.

MrSargent posted:

You saying he had the worst TE1 season in a decade means absolute jack poo poo. It doesn't change the volatility of the TE position which is independent of any individual performance. But to look at a TE with over 1100 yards and complain that he wasn't a big part of the offense is objectively wrong.

Edit: You are seriously underestimating Kelces yardage per game and the floor that provided at a volatile position. I made the championship last year despite drafting Keenan Allen and Eddie Lacy in rounds 2 and 4 and it had a lot to do with Kelce, who I got in the 6th.

Edit2: It doesn't matter at all if TE was a down year because it was down for everyone. I don't think anyone would have been unhappy with drafting Kelce near his ADP last year.

I went wire to wire in a league where I drafted Keenan Allen, and that was mostly due to taking DeMarco Murray instead of a guy like Kelce, so what actually means jack poo poo is your anecdotal evidence when like 6 of us have spent the last 4 years piling up mountains of data that suggest that drafting a TE that isn't Gronk has like a 75% chance being at best a mediocre pick

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

As a fan of athletic achievement, I loving love Travis Kelce. I would love if he were in a situation that truly could make him shine because I desperately want to watch him clown fools for 9/125/1 a game.

As a fantasy football player I don't want any part of him at what will likely be an inflated ADP because everyone's going to assume that hell absorb half of Maclin's targets, rather than get blanketed by a safety every game and end up with roughly the same stats when Alex Smith can't attack the seam over the top.

In a vacuum, Kelce's talent is limitless and there's no reason why he shouldn't be as productive as Gronk and be a completely justifiable mid-to-late 2nd round pick, but as long as he's in Reid's offense with Alex Smith as QB, he's got a glass ceiling over his point totals. That's really not an outrageous claim.

I went wire to wire in a league where I drafted Keenan Allen, and that was mostly due to taking DeMarco Murray instead of a guy like Kelce, so what actually means jack poo poo is your anecdotal evidence when like 6 of us have spent the last 4 years piling up mountains of data that suggest that drafting a TE that isn't Gronk has like a 75% chance being at best a mediocre pick

I agree that his ADP will likely be inflated this year and really wasn't trying to argue for taking him in the early rounds or anything. Murray went more than a round ahead of Kelce in my league and I would have certainly rather had Murray.

Again, my comment was directed at your depiction of Alex Smith never throwing to Kelce. He was obviously a huge part of the offense, even if you are correct about his fantasy value this year and taking Murray ahead of him last year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's not that he never throws to him, that's not what I'm trying to say, so sorry if that's how it's coming across. It's that he's utilized in a very specific way/has a QB that really doesn't maximize his strengths, so you're hoping for this huge breakout and potential TE1 repeat from a guy who literally has a useage cap just because of the offense he's in. That's a sucker bet imo

This while convo started because someone said Kelce is going to feast without Maclin which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Unless he has a QB that can really hit him consistently above that second level, he's not really going to be markedly better than he has been the last two years, which is a fine TE, but not "TE1"

That's why I brought up the fact that he had the lowest scoring TE1 season in a few years, because just because he was once a TE1 in name, doesn't mean we can assume he's jumped up to that tier now, rather that everyone else was so poo poo that he was able to lead the pack in a down year by just doing what he has/will do every year with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 5, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
All of this Alex Smith chat is moot since it's the Mahomes show. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004