Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

RCarr posted:

And how is that not a double dribble?

sup dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean I overlook minor traveling and most carrying because seriously. Hoiberg was an idiot for complaining about it.

But that double dribble clearly is the only reason Lebron was beat like that. as the second the other hand touched the ball he changed how he was guarding him.

They didn't call it so it is what it is, but yeah.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

man LeBron's D is perfect on that. He went for the block the instant Curry put the ball in both hands and was therefore not allowed to put it on the floor again.

At the time I thought the help D was real lacking

Same. I don't blame the refs for missing that though, it was probably in both hands for barely the blink of an eye.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

IcePhoenix posted:

Same. I don't blame the refs for missing that though, it was probably in both hands for barely the blink of an eye.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone complaining about it in the live thread last night. Blink of an eye, bad viewing angle, and you've missed it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Plus from where he was standing the ref had a terrible angle to make that call.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

IcePhoenix posted:

I think LeBron might have been the only person on the planet who saw it at the moment it happened

nobody would've complained about it in the GDT Curry had his back turned to the camera nobody could have seen it in the original broadcast

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Pretty cool how you can see LeBron get a quick mimed double dribble signal in that video as he's reacting to the play

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, I don't recall anyone complaining about it in the live thread last night. Blink of an eye, bad viewing angle, and you've missed it.

Too bad that the GSW historic championship season will be marked with an asterisk but needs must.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://streamable.com/vekvo

rofl at how mad tony brothers looks.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Who is gonna fire their hc to make room for Mike Brown

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ammanas posted:

Who is gonna fire their hc to make room for Mike Brown

I hope it's the Bulls. but it's not gonna be.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Too bad that the GSW historic championship season will be marked with an asterisk but needs must.

2017 NBA Finals Champions*

* The year before this, Steph Curry was injured and though he tried really hard, they couldn't overcome the referee and league shenanigans to win the Finals.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Clearly a double dribble even in real time but lmao if anyone thinks this alters the course of the Cavs rear end whooping

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Fun thought exercise: imagine Kobe going against this GSW squad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Jus1Nyt/status/871739719276785666

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a team of kobe, kg, ron artest and rasheed wallace going against this team

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't care which Warriors team you're playing, you're not going to win big games with Iman Shumpert taking 20 foot jumpers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't care which Warriors team you're playing, you're not going to win big games with Iman Shumpert taking 20 foot jumpers.

Lets say that these jumpers were taken off the between-the-legs dribble, would that help things?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Clearly a double dribble even in real time but lmao if anyone thinks this alters the course of the Cavs rear end whooping

Nah it just recharacterizes the clip from "watch Steph burn LeBron like he couldn't do last year" to "watch as Steph has to cheat to avoid embarrassment"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kibner posted:

I mean, Irving does a good impression which is get contested by 3 mutant long arm freaks every shot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

We talking frobe or 24

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Zogo posted:

Through two games it appears KD has the advantage.

code:
Player	 		GmSc
Kevin Durant		67
Stephen Curry		52.2
LeBron James		51.9
Kevin Love		35.2
Kyrie Irving		21.4
Klay Thompson		17.1
Draymond Green		15.2
Andre Iguodala		14.5
Ian Clark		9.5
Iman Shumpert		9.1
Zaza Pachulia		9.1
Dahntay Jones		9
Shaun Livingston	8.8
Tristan Thompson	8.5
JaVale McGee		8.3
Richard Jefferson	8.2
Kyle Korver		7.5
David West		3.8
James Michael McAdoo	2.9
Derrick Williams	2.3
Matt Barnes		2
Channing Frye		0.5
Patrick McCaw		0.5
James Jones	       -0.4
Deron Williams	       -4.3
JR Smith	       -4.8
So Lebron will is no longer be the undisputed best player in the NBA?

/bow ALL HAIL KD

Sorry your throne was stolen from under ya steph, hahahaha

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

We talking frobe or 24

Go hog wild and put them both on the same team.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/871747433717538818
lol :effort:

His momma call him Klay so I'ma call him Klay

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

There are no poor people at a Bay Area NBA finals game. In fact, I bet that other guy is lying about having so much more money. I hate when people lie.

especially in the lower section

i bet the loving andersons were there, those smug fuckers

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

There are no poor people at a Bay Area NBA finals game. In fact, I bet that other guy is lying about having so much more money. I hate when people lie.

I can tell you that Stanley Cup tickets in Nashville are legitimately 1.5 to 2x as expensive as Bay Area finals tickets

attackmole posted:

lol Warriors better hope he doesnt get another game this series

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

attackmole posted:

aha pulling a dude over on while camera HEY TONY hey man what's up YOU SUCK LOL

and it's completely true Tony Brothers is the worst ref in the NBA, you can ask him or his son Tony Brothers or his son Tony Brothers' brother Tony Brothers they all know what's up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I can tell you that Stanley Cup tickets in Nashville are legitimately 1.5 to 2x as expensive as Bay Area finals tickets

Wow, cool

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really, really hate that post retirement Kobe is making me like him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whats the thing on twitter about his statue?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kibner posted:

I love watching Kobe shoot 29% from the field while "willing" his team to a 30 point blowout loss, so yeah it would be fun.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Lessail posted:

where all y'all gently caress parity posters at now

still enjoying this poo poo

I haven't watched a full playoff game this season and don't feel like I'm missing much.

Granted, I just got back into Battlefield 1 but still.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh I think we can guess.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I had a dream that the final score of game 3 was 153-53

Please don't happen

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

zoux posted:

Oh I think we can guess.

Klay strikes again from downtown. He's on fire.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

zoux posted:

Oh I think we can guess.

God drat snitches

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Oh I think we can guess.

This is the 'not about wins or losses' reason Lebron was talking about, gotta get high to forget the pain! Is CA medical only or full legal?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Full. I know about weed legalization statuses like libertarians know about ages of consent.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Is KD really that good that's he is just exhausting Lebron on both ends or is more about a lack of production from the Cavs, forcing Lebron to expend precious life force on the court?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Michael Corleone posted:

This is the 'not about wins or losses' reason Lebron was talking about, gotta get high to forget the pain! Is CA medical only or full legal?

Recreational use just got passed last Nov. Not sure what that means for right now though.

• Locked thread