Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I liked her when her Battle Momentum + cleans were bugged to key off one another. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The game isn't balanced around QM, and hopefully it never will be.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Debating on buying the Legendary space bike on sale for gems. Napkin math says that gems are worth less than shards on a 1:1 basis in the long run, I think, so 400 gems seems like a steal compared to 1600 shards.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Debating on buying the Legendary space bike on sale for gems. Napkin math says that gems are worth less than shards on a 1:1 basis in the long run, I think, so 400 gems seems like a steal compared to 1600 shards.

Gems are for buying legendary items on sale. If its not legendary, buy it with shards. If its a hero, get them with gold.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Has kerrigan ever been great? She's had the same problems since end of beta

Several months ago they buffed her and she was almost unkillable and in virtually every game.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It was because Bladed Momentum was proccing off of the cleave damage from Fury of the Swarm, giving her insane CDR per hit. Couple that with Ravage's healing talent at 1 and it didn't matter how awkward her kit was anymore - she could spam the gently caress out of everything, dealing huge amounts of damage very quickly and having a ton of shields and health restoration to show for it.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20812213/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-june-5-2017-6-5-2017

Allow me to play the world's smallest violin for Malfurion

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

RIP map rotation in unranked modes, killed before your time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

That Thrall buff tho

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Is Bolt of the Storm now removed from everyone? Or are there still characters that have it that I'm forgetting. It looks like they took it off of several people in this patch without any replacement.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Offhand, Azmodan and ETC still would have it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, that's basically "rip malfurion" the patch notes. Welp.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'm not sure what to think of the map rotation change. They basically said they started rotations so they could work on maps and so as to not overwhelm newer players with too many maps. So far they have not worked on any maps and now only ranked will have a rotation, where new players do not play. :confused:

edit: Oh they also said they want to create "metas" based on the map rotation. What? That is nonsensical and also it has nothing to do with for example HGC map pools so... why?

beejay fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 5, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo that Thrall edit.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Maybe they're slowly moving toward that all supports should have less healing and more utility thing they've been talking about. Morales is rework is also in the works right?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Major Murky buff in the PTR

And by that I mean he got another really good skin

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Map rotations are dumb.

The Thrall changes look pretty fun, but some of them seem like they replaced 0% pick talents with new talents that are going to be 0% pick because that tier is too good.

Thunderstorm being a tier 16 talent makes no sense.

Not 100% sure how I feel about the new Worldbreaker. The old one was useless, but the new one still seems like it won't be worth it for level 20 compared to the rest of the tier.

They also really hit his health and mana sustain. The mana sustain was hit in a "good" way because there are now good competing options, but the baseline health hits hurt for burst/cc-heavy teamfights.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 5, 2017

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

beejay posted:

I'm not sure what to think of the map rotation change. They basically said they started rotations so they could work on maps and so as to not overwhelm newer players with too many maps. So far they have not worked on any maps and now only ranked will have a rotation, where new players do not play. :confused:

edit: Oh they also said they want to create "metas" based on the map rotation. What? That is nonsensical and also it has nothing to do with for example HGC map pools so... why?

Probably some people at Blizzard want to get rid of the lovely maps and others are really attached to them. It's really obvious that they know what the poo poo maps are, because those are always the ones that just "accidentally" get left out, but they're never allowed to stay gone either. Seems to be a bit of a tug-of-war going on.

I imagine the "map rotation" was an excuse to try and purge some garbage maps, but then someone else finally got wise and went "oh it's a map rotation is it? Well then..."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Renegret posted:

Major Murky buff in the PTR

And by that I mean he got another really good skin

Also, he can pick up regen globes while bubbled now.

Which is actually a major buff.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Not sure I like some of these later Thrall talents, but we shall see!

I love that they still didn't replace Ice Block on Malf with a more lore appropriate version, like bark or roots or something

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

I love that they still didn't replace Ice Block on Malf with a more lore appropriate version, like bark or roots or something

Wow, that's actually incredible. Especially since it's also usually a mandatory talent pick on that tier.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Also FYI if you take Last Rites and the level 20 boost to it, you can get the cooldown to 5 seconds. :v:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Toshimo posted:

Also, he can pick up regen globes while bubbled now.

Which is actually a major buff.

smh your priorities are all out of wack my friend

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Malthael spotlight is up on YouTube.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Midnightghoul posted:

Does he still have a starcrafty scout drone

I haven't played him in a year and a half, he's just so dull to me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Midnightghoul posted:

They may just not have the manpower for the art assets right now.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

GenericOverusedName posted:

Does he still have a starcrafty scout drone

I haven't played him in a year and a half, he's just so dull to me.

He does.

I have no idea why they got rid of Cleanse on him, that seems quite petty in terms of just removing the hero from competitive play rather than balance, which results in more work for them down the road. They also kept a ton of his generic talents (drone, ice block, shrink ray, Rewind, Storm Shield), which is really lovely especially since they made a big deal about removing the generic Bolt of the Storm this patch

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 5, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

beejay posted:

The new player influx from 2.0 knows most of the maps now so that reason for keeping it is gone. I guess negative sentiment outweighed the remaining positives so they dropped it from the most popular modes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nephzinho posted:

That Thrall buff tho

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sindai posted:

The new player influx from 2.0 knows most of the maps now so that reason for keeping it is gone. I guess negative sentiment outweighed the remaining positives so they dropped it from the most popular modes.

Yeah. I don't understand keeping it for ranked. The only way that would make sense is if they mirrored the HGC pool so that a common meta would develop and balancing could be done across everything. I dunno. It just seems like a bad idea that should be gotten rid of entirely.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If you have a rotation that does not include Towers of Doom you've hosed up pretty drat hard imho

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hanamura and Warhead Junction are the only maps I hate. Both of them have too many competing objectives, are massively disjointed, and make it extremely difficult to marshal a team to get anything accomplished together. Any map that spawns four competing objectives at the same time is poo poo design.

The rest of the maps are fine with me, I have some I prefer much more than others, but I don't openly despise any of them the way I do with those two.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

*Malthael wraith strikes you*

Heh nothing personnel kid

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010

Trade Chat Troll posted:

How exactly do placements work? My wife and I played the same 10 games going 4-6, similar number of end screens (no MVPs for me, 1 for her as Auriel), she ended up bronze 5 and me silver 4. This was our first placement after being qm-exclusive scrublords, on and off since alpha for her and launch for me.

I have 2 guesses, my APM is probably higher since I spam click a lot, and I had more overall XP since I played mostly as Hammer or Murky. How is there that much disparity from the same set of placement games?

Quoting myself from the last thread since I think everybody's wrong on this... We play literally 98% of the same games in QM, went 4-6 in TL placements again, and were once again placed more than a full rank apart. No Hero League or Unranked for either of us. What gives?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Trade Chat Troll posted:

Quoting myself from the last thread since I think everybody's wrong on this... We play literally 98% of the same games in QM, went 4-6 in TL placements again, and were once again placed more than a full rank apart. No Hero League or Unranked for either of us. What gives?

If you were a rank apart last season, and you had the same placements again this season, it makes complete sense that you are still far apart.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

On the premise that "Placement Games" do literally nothing except hide your rank for 10 games that does make perfect sense.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Eh hanamura is best in queick math if you just roll around as five so it's not awful if you can get people to follow.

Junction sucks.
I don't like braxis either.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

There's really no reason to rehash the map opinions thing again, the issue is that a map rotation in the ways they have implemented it thus far makes no sense. "Good" or "bad" maps have no bearing on this.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

He does.

I have no idea why they got rid of Cleanse on him, that seems quite petty in terms of just removing the hero from competitive play rather than balance, which results in more work for them down the road. They also kept a ton of his generic talents (drone, ice block, shrink ray, Rewind, Storm Shield), which is really lovely especially since they made a big deal about removing the generic Bolt of the Storm this patch

I can understand the Cleanse removal. Malf was too versatile before, there was nothing you needed a support to do that Malf couldn't do at least decently well. Without Cleanse, Malf now has a major weakness that can be counter drafted if you pick him too early. Granted that might be too much with his other nerfs, but it is a meaningful change that could make the support meta more open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh hanamura is best in queick math if you just roll around as five so it's not awful if you can get people to follow.

Hanamura is awful in QM because QM is about (1) getting do and (2) practising maps/heroes.

Hanamura has dick for XP and QM Hanamura plays nothing like TL/HL/Pro Hanamura so there's no value in QMing it.