Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

this is less an idiot on social media and more of a :kimchi: on social media

Granny had poo poo to do and she got it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Sedge and Bee posted:

It's explicitly the strategy the Al-Qaeda advocates. there's plenty of stuff in record from high ranking members in it and other organizations that the purpose of attacks on the west is to trigger reactionary tendencies. And it worked great: salafists tried to overthrow Saddam for 20 bloody years leading up to 2001, always failing. Make the US angry and it reacts by smashing the Middle East, and look who's there to fill the power vacuum.

the best part of this is that now corbyn is slamming May with the fact that she cut so many police jobs that they are the cause of the lack of security. so if electing May was their objective, it's completely backfiring. May keeps​ dropping on polls. let's see what happens this week.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

People are nicer to other people's faces and hide their horrible internal thoughts in ways they don't know on the internet, a thing that has apparently escaped Rob Schneider.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

State rep from Louisiana.

I think if I were on a politician's media team, I'd tell them to stay the hell off of facebook and twitter. I've only ever seen pols get in trouble for it, nothing beneficial.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I would love to see the timeline of how quickly all these things happened.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cash crab posted:

I would love to see the timeline of how quickly all these things happened.

Pretty quickly if there aren't any time markers.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

I think if I were on a politician's media team, I'd tell them to stay the hell off of facebook and twitter. I've only ever seen pols get in trouble for it, nothing beneficial.

Or you could be Kelly Anne Conway who just tells everybody to his ignite his tweets, they aren't important please focus on isis

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

Or you could be Kelly Anne Conway who just tells everybody to his ignite his tweets, they aren't important please focus on isis

Igniting his tweets seems brilliant to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Burn down Twitter in its entirety.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Where was this idea on April 1st? Now I want to do it to somebody.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

zoux posted:

Goddammit, I'm pretty sure this shitbird represents my district.

His campaign ads are all about being a 'former SWAT operator'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

tgacon posted:

Goddammit, I'm pretty sure this shitbird represents my district.

His campaign ads are all about being a 'former SWAT operator'

He's this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz95O1OQCH0

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yeah but then I'd risk having my husband undermine me by tweeting that Trump's tweets are dumb and hurt him.

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/871746245630590980

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WrenP-Complete posted:

Think I'm going to stick with that typo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A child is #dead

REBEL CIRCUS

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Crossposting from the saga thread, a goon on a goon facebook group sent a very ill-advised message to the group admin about staring at his daughter's friends' tight pussybones.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone in the group posted a screenshot of the Dude In Question (DIQ) messaging him on facebook, being all, and I'm paraphrasing, but it was really bad "You think that when your daughter gets old enough, you won't try to gently caress that? Oh man, when she brings all of her friends home, you'll start thinking things, blah blah blah' and then he says something about a tight 'pussybone'. So, guy who gets the message posts the screenshot in the group, asking very much 'what the loving gently caress?!'. DIQ then starts to apologize, saying that he was drunk and he was trying to be super edgy and goony, and went too far.

Meanwhile, literally everyone is commenting with various forms of 'WHAT THE gently caress?!' and 'you know, being drunk isn't an excuse', and a bit of 'stuff you say when you're drunk is likely to reveal some deep-seeded issues'.

DIQ then posts a separate post, once again apologizing, he went too far, he was drunk, blah blah blah, and then he left the group.

THEN, someone took the screenshot, tracked down the guy's wife, and messaged her with the screenshot. Now both DIQ and wife have completely locked down FB profiles, and his life is likely (understandably) ruined, at least for the foreseeable future.

And I guess someone showed his mom. Roro obviously knows more about that than I do.

As you can see from Rupert's quote, the poop has been touched so please don't continue to touch it.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

CainsDescendant posted:

This is my state senator.

it is bordering on the suspension of disbelief that alt-righters are accepting these terms with gratitude - "I must be doing something right if a LIE-beral is calling me a fascist!"

Like, your closest global ideologues are the loving Taliban

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wanna smoke a bowl w that granny

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Men: don't bother with consent, until you have to bother with consent.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Roro posted:

Crossposting from the saga thread, a goon on a goon facebook group sent a very ill-advised message to the group admin about staring at his daughter's friends' tight pussybones.

As you can see from Rupert's quote, the poop has been touched so please don't continue to touch it.

Goddammit, Louisville. :gonk:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Men: don't bother with consent, until you have to bother with consent.

i scrolled by this too fast and only saw the bottom part and was like "what's rapey about carrying a girl to bed?" and then i went back up and read the top bit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

10 Beers posted:

Goddammit, Louisville. :gonk:

I didn't notice that at first...I also have a few friends that work at Humana....

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

I think that he's trying to say "Ruining the meaning of art, like the art that Picasso et al did" but his phrasing is "Ruining the meaning of art, which is what Picasso et al did - they ruined art"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BioEnchanted posted:

I think that he's trying to say "Ruining the meaning of art, like the art that Picasso et al did" but his phrasing is "Ruining the meaning of art, which is what Picasso et al did - they ruined art"

If it's not ultra realistic still life, landscape or portraiture it's not real art! :downs:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Glazier posted:

If it's not ultra realistic still life, landscape or portraiture it's not real art! :downs:

That hurts people like me, who suck at drawing and can just say "The Horse I drew looks more like a goat because it's supposed to! It's not poorly rendered, it's ABSTRACT!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inR02pEesCQ

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I read that as those guys made money which is just as dubious

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I read that as those guys made money which is just as dubious

Same, p sure they both died broke af iirc

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
reposting from the 'pos:

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Laserjet 4P posted:

reposting from the 'pos:

I recently went to a family reunion, so my family members remembered I exist and friended me on FB en masse. I saw that exact same stupid McDonald's fries post from like three people, so now I know my family is full of shitheads.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It never ceases to amuse me that the kind of person who gets made about safe spaces and triggering is almost always the kind of person who demands a safe space and gets triggered about rainbows.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I recently went to a family reunion, so my family members remembered I exist and friended me on FB en masse. I saw that exact same stupid McDonald's fries post from like three people, so now I know my family is full of shitheads.
I'm so glad my family knows better than to reunite for any reason

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Slime posted:

It never ceases to amuse me that the kind of person who gets made about safe spaces and triggering is almost always the kind of person who demands a safe space and gets triggered about rainbows.

My favorite was a post getting passed around recently of a sign saying something like "This is a tolerance area! All walks of life are accepted! This is an antifa zone!", and people were doing the typical "So much for the ~*~ToLeRaNt lEft~*~:rolleyes:" stuff. Like Fascism is some sort of protected class.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

SpacePig posted:

My favorite was a post getting passed around recently of a sign saying something like "This is a tolerance area! All walks of life are accepted! This is an antifa zone!", and people were doing the typical "So much for the ~*~ToLeRaNt lEft~*~:rolleyes:" stuff. Like Fascism is some sort of protected class.
Remember, you have to tolerate fascism, racism, homophobia, islamophobia, etc. or else you're just as bad as the terrorists. This is not the dumbest loving thing ever because

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

new friend from school posted:

Same, p sure they both died broke af iirc

What? Picasso was incredibly successful commercially as an artist. He died rich as gently caress in one of the French villas he owned.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Yawgmoth posted:

Remember, you have to tolerate fascism, racism, homophobia, islamophobia, etc. or else you're just as bad as the terrorists. This is not the dumbest loving thing ever because

If I have to be OK with those icky gays and blacks, you need to be OK with me wanting them to be systematically destroyed. If you don't, then you're the bigot.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

"Hey maybe harassing or inciting hate speech against minorities is bad?"

"gently caress you buddy it's Free Speech™!"

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

zoux posted:

It's mind-boggling that a politician can publicly post a murderous rant ending with "Kill them all" and not suffer any professional consequences :stare:

Like the one the other day where a U.S. politician posted the definitions of homophobe etc...

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Enfys posted:

It's mind-boggling that a politician can publicly post a murderous rant ending with "Kill them all" and not suffer any professional consequences :stare:

Like the one the other day where a U.S. politician posted the definitions of homophobe etc...

Our president bragged about committing sexual assault, among other things. It is a high bar of scumbaggery in politics.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No but see, white males are actually the most oppressed group in the US because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zoux posted:

quote:

The free world... all of Islam... is at war with non-Muslim horror. Not one penny of Muslim treasure should be granted to any nation who harbors these heathen animals. Not a single radicalized non-Muslim suspect should be granted any measure of quarter. Their intended entry into the Muslim homeland should be summarily denied. Every conceivable measure should be engaged to hunt them down. Hunt them, identify them, and kill them. Kill them all. For the sake of all that is good and righteous. Kill them all.
- The ISIS equivalent of Captain Clay Higgins