Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Curry was injured last year, it wasn't fake news guys, you can still love or hate the Warriors based on whatever narrative you follow it's all good.

Warriors coasted thru the regular season and finished with 67 wins and 11.35 SRS which is the fourth best mark in NBA history.

Cavaliers coasted thru the regular season and finished with 51 wins and a 2.25 SRS which makes them about as a good as a borderline second round team in the Western Conference.

No one should be surprised this is gonna be a blowout series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Curry got hurt and then recovered to be as healthy as he was pre-injury before the cavs series started

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Evil Troll Lebron was the best lebron

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/871404595993387009

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like the second you come back and start gloating about how back you are you instantly lose the injury excuse when you take L's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reiley should ask her father to go to an ariana grande concert

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Time posted:

Curry got hurt and then recovered to be as healthy as he was pre-injury before the cavs series started

I don't think you recover from a MCL sprain that quickly. Hell Durant was out like a month this year from one midway through the season.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there's no way Curry said "I'm back" because he's an athlete hyped out of his own mind to play and try and make history. No player would ever overestimate their own health, especially not after a sprain that takes a pretty long time to heal but might feel okay for stretches.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Evil Troll Lebron was the best lebron

True, I miss the Heat. They even had perfect supervillain colors and black mask Lebron looked sick

Although judging by the breakdowns people are having here the Warriors are much better heels

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Reiley should ask her father to go to an ariana grande concert

Jesus Christ

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Warriors aren't heels, they're roman reigns

edit: Is Roman Reigns still hated, I haven't checked in a year

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

True, I miss the Heat. They even had perfect supervillain colors and black mask Lebron looked sick

Although judging by the breakdowns people are having here the Warriors are much better heels

The heat were cool and good and the warriors are perhaps cooler and gooder.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

E2M2 posted:

I don't think you recover from a MCL sprain that quickly. Hell Durant was out like a month this year from one midway through the season.

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/mcl_tear/treatment.html

quote:

A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports.
A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal.
A grade 3 tear usually takes from four to eight weeks to heal, unless it is associated with damage to the ACL, in which case the recovery time may be longer.

Curry had a grade one tear. KD had a Grade 2 tear.

All Injuries with the same name aren't the same.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Look I'm not out here saying Curry was 100% or anything.

But no one at that point of the season is 100%. Curry made a ton of dumb rear end loving decisions in that series that had nothing to do with an injury. Don't be careless with the ball you have plenty of time on the clock, drive on Kevin Love etc etc. If you aren't hitting your circus shots, or long range shots you just don't have it. Don't force it.

Edit: Oh and Durant also had a bone bruise to go along with his grade 2 sprain.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah there's no way Curry said "I'm back" because he's an athlete hyped out of his own mind to play and try and make history. No player would ever overestimate their own health, especially not after a sprain that takes a pretty long time to heal but might feel okay for stretches.

Personally I'd take Curry's word on his own health over random posters on the internet.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Being injured or not is not an excuse or an asterisk or something. Being able to be healthy after almost 100 NBA games is just as important as being able to shoot or drive or jump high or anything else. Everyone is dealing with that by the playoffs. If you lose because you were hurt, that is still on the team, same as it would be if you lose because you couldn't rebound or hit your shots.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm reminded of the guy last year who said LeBron wasn't any good because he was bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than everyone else and that's not fair.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like that's Lebron's real super power.

The fact that this dude never gets hurt.

Ever.

Like there have been so many players over the years who have had generational type talent but flame out due to the fact their body just nopes out on them.

Word to T-Mac, and Grant Hill.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm reminded of the guy last year who said LeBron wasn't any good because he was bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than everyone else and that's not fair.

Can't remember how many times I've heard "I have no respect for someone with all that natural talent, now Curry, that's a self made player" ignoring that Bron grew up homeless at points while Curry had an NBAer teaching him jumpshots from birth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Steph Curry is so lucky he's light skinned.

I'm fine with it since I love trash talk. But whoo boy, Klay and Steph talk real spicy poo poo, and are allowed to skate in the media when they proceed to have one of the greatest failures in NBA history on their resume.

Lebron still takes poo poo from 2011, meanwhile Klay and Steph talked cash poo poo that entire series, took a massive L and the hot take media lets them cook.

And I'm someone who likes Steph Curry and how cocky and arrogant he is. But boy does he get a ton of excuses made for him that others don't.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 5, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'd like the Warriors a lot more if they just owned up to the fact that they exploited a couple of glitches in the matrix to build an unprecedented concentration of talent.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Look I'm not out here saying Curry was 100% or anything.

But no one at that point of the season is 100%. Curry made a ton of dumb rear end loving decisions in that series that had nothing to do with an injury. Don't be careless with the ball you have plenty of time on the clock, drive on Kevin Love etc etc. If you aren't hitting your circus shots, or long range shots you just don't have it. Don't force it.

I really really dislike Curry because of this, but also don't care what he said about health, just watching him in last year's playoffs you could see that he looked like he was playing injured.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/871720422403919872

NBA twitter remains amazing

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Papercut posted:

I really really dislike Curry because of this, but also don't care what he said about health, just watching him in last year's playoffs you could see that he looked like he was playing injured.

he looks exactly the same as he did last year except hes making shots. hes still careless with the ball and in love with his own dagger 3s. they are just going in.

this was only ever brought up when they lost. curry was maimed beyond repair when they were down 3-1 to the thunder. then no one mentioned it again till the cavs evened the series.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Cavs need under armour to release a new Steph shoe.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
personally, i havent seen any plausible evidence that ukraine slipped polonium into curry's mouthpiece

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If the Warriors were really light years ahead they'd have an app that could tell Steph's body not today.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

look at his hairline in this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

the mean lunch lady posted:

look at his hairline in this

Never let someone tell you the basketball god isn't good. Lebron won some ships and his hairline magically fixed itself.

When KD wins his this year, he's gonna wake up the next morning with waves in his hair.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo posted:

Bitch sit down.

How dare we think the guy who nicknamed himself the King isn't humble.

:allears:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He didn't nickname himself that (it goes back to him in high school), and King _____ is the most common nickname in sports.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Hell, I heard his left stroke just went viral.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He didn't nickname himself that (it goes back to him in high school), and King _____ is the most common nickname in sports.

King Felix... is the only one I can think of ever hearing. Who else?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's levels to it you and I know.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Ghost Dog posted:

he looks exactly the same as he did last year except hes making shots. hes still careless with the ball and in love with his own dagger 3s. they are just going in.

this was only ever brought up when they lost. curry was maimed beyond repair when they were down 3-1 to the thunder. then no one mentioned it again till the cavs evened the series.

Go watch the games again. He couldn't go left during the playoffs last year. Even JVG and Jackson were talking about it. When he played well it was because it hit a bunch of 3's but he never drove around people like he's doing this year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Embraced, whatever. The point is all the hate directed at Curry/Durant is incredibly hypocritical and tends to come from people lionizing LeBron at the same time while ignoring stuff like the Decision, the 2-3 years of professional flopping, demanding players like Daniel Ewing/Damon Jones etc. During his original stint with the Cavs, signing with a management team with no experience, etc.

Frankly none of the three are that bad for professional athletes, especially from previous generations. JFC Magic exposed his wife and children to HIV, Bird's favorite pasttime was getting drunk and fighting in bars, etc.

They all seem like pretty decent guys and they're incredibly professional for the most part.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

lebron actually means king. i learned this cause i googled Does Lebron Mean The Bron and this site came up http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-LeBron.html

which helpfully has the meaning and a chart showing lebron baby nameage peaked in 2007, around the time i assume some lebron crowned infant paid great insult to the family of rcarr

Spite posted:

Go watch the games again. He couldn't go left during the playoffs last year. Even JVG and Jackson were talking about it. When he played well it was because it hit a bunch of 3's but he never drove around people like he's doing this year.

well poo poo if Mark Jackson said something who am i to disagree

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Embraced, whatever. The point is all the hate directed at Curry/Durant is incredibly hypocritical and tends to come from people lionizing LeBron at the same time while ignoring stuff like the Decision, the 2-3 years of professional flopping, demanding players like Daniel Ewing/Damon Jones etc. During his original stint with the Cavs, signing with a management team with no experience, etc.

Frankly none of the three are that bad for professional athletes, especially from previous generations. JFC Magic exposed his wife and children to HIV, Bird's favorite pasttime was getting drunk and fighting in bars, etc.

They all seem like pretty decent guys and they're incredibly professional for the most part.

If I quit this season, I still be the greatest

Lmao at you putting signing a management team of people he trusted that were close to him as a negative.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dexo posted:

Like that's Lebron's real super power.

The fact that this dude never gets hurt.

Ever.

Like there have been so many players over the years who have had generational type talent but flame out due to the fact their body just nopes out on them.

Word to T-Mac, and Grant Hill.

Neither of them were as talented or smart as LBJ, but you are correct that his health is truly incredible too.

predicto fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

uhhhhh did you not see the collective hissy fit from the warriors last year? curry threw his mouthpiece at the crowd, klay spent most of the series having one sided slapfights in the media, kerr got up and started screeching MVP into the microphone when steph reached in for the 200th time in a game and got called for it. there were others. the warriors are not particularly professional, most teams would just make snide remarks or have one dude be kinda angry but their whole thing is flipping out and not getting in trouble for it

Dexo posted:

If I quit this season, I still be the greatest

Lmao at you putting signing a management team of people he trusted that were close to him as a negative.
hasnt he made that same management group incredibly profitable and part of the massive portfolio of non nba business successes hes had? or is it someone else im not well versed in lebrons personal dealings other than delonte west hosed his mom and his dad is karl malone

• Locked thread