Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That seems like a weird fakeout to me, I'll only believe it when I see it/when I see a more reputable source for the summary leaks. But since it's fun to speculate, I bet the person that shows up isn't Yamcha...it's Uub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think they'd waste the golden opportunity they now have for fuckery like this.

Plus it seems to run counter to the Freeza Frost discussions from before

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

havenwaters posted:

Summaries for 96, 97, and 98 have shown up. Not sure of the source though.

Freeza who has now turned over to the 4th universe, the 7th universe lacks one person, with no time left as the tournament draws closer, Goku and the others heads over to the tournament with only 9 members... but then a certain person shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Arale shows up.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If it's true it's gotta be Trunks. The Gods/Whis prolly keep in contact. He's the only one I can think of that rivals Frieza unless Uub is older than they hinted. They said he was a child but so are Goten and Trunks so who knows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It would be utterly hilarious if Goku's plan to bring back the ultimate evil in the universe backfired in less than an hour.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One reason I really don't buy these rumors

Either there is going to be an even bigger reset button at the end of this than we thought, or literally no one from Universe 7 is going to lose because they all have to be present for the End Of Z

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

havenwaters posted:

Finally, the Tournamet of Power begins! The eight universe's fighters and Gods who stands in the world of void, Grand Priest then tells everyone the shocking fact, the warrior who falls out of the ring disappears on the spot.

This makes no sense, what is the point of the "no killing" rule if fighters will be erased on the spot?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope That thing with Frieza is true, since it would be a great twist and completely in line with his character.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rutibex posted:

This makes no sense, what is the point of the "no killing" rule if fighters will be erased on the spot?

It would still mean fighters have to show some restraint win via ring out or KO, rather than just using a max power ultimate finisher death ball to annihilate the entirety of the weaker fighters instantly

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hell If Freeza has an agreement with Goku to get wished back, then maybe it's Double agent Freeza.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

That seems like a weird fakeout to me, I'll only believe it when I see it/when I see a more reputable source for the summary leaks. But since it's fun to speculate, I bet the person that shows up isn't Yamcha...it's Uub.

he's literally a loving infant right now

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm not sure I believe those spoilers

what's the point of no killing if the only other option is getting completely erased?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

I'm not sure I believe those spoilers

what's the point of no killing if the only other option is getting completely erased?

This is a really, really, really easy question to answer:

The point of the tournament is for Zeno's entertainment.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

By the time the tournament starts not even Goku will be in it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope there is no tournament at all. This entire exercise was Goku fulfilling his promise to Hit, to take over from the gods. Once everyone is assembled and the grand priest starts going on about his bullshit Goku will interrupt him and talk to Zeno directly, telling him that a battle royale would be interesting but an even more spectacular fight is right here if he wants it. All universes teams vs the Angels and Grand Priest, last man standing gets to be the new Grand Priest.

Zeno will clap his hands, giggle, and agree.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
at some point constant swerves and rug pulls stop being surprising and just start getting exhausting

that said I don't believe any of this poo poo till I see a reputable source repeat it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

at this point i kinda just want the tourney to hurry up and start

like i've enjoyed basically all the build-up but at this point it feels like the actual fight arc is gonna be shorter than the arc of everyone getting ready to fight

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

by the time the tournament starts in episode 97 it will have been 20 episodes since the end of the Future Trunks arc. that honestly doesn't seem that long but man i want this to start already

e: also, the Future Trunks arc started a year ago next week

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

20 episodes is 5 months, that seems plenty long to me

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

he's literally a loving infant right now

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Super timeline. Ooops.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I don't even comprehend what the 'spoiler summary' for that last episode is saying, tbh. Which throws shade on the whole thing. 'a bunch of people team up with someone on a plan then also attack Goku'? Weird. And yeah 'thrown out of the ring is immediately erased' makes no sense at all unless this is going to be a U7 curbstomp. Or the tournament is going to get cut short.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope that spoiler is correct and not a ruse

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

at this point i kinda just want the tourney to hurry up and start

like i've enjoyed basically all the build-up but at this point it feels like the actual fight arc is gonna be shorter than the arc of everyone getting ready to fight

I'm gonna be amazed if the actual tournament is only two episodes long because of the whole 48 minutes rule.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think it feels a longer because Super has had way faster arcs than most of Dragon Ball Z so far. Battle of Gods saga was 14, with 2 slice of life episodes to kick things off. Resurrection F saga was 13, with 4 of those being filler or setup. Universe 6 saga got right down to business, lasted 14 episodes, and after that it had 2 episodes of wind-down and a 3 episode Copy Vegeta intermission. Soulja Boy arc was the longest, and even that was at 21 episodes. That was followed by 9 cooldown episodes that, while not outright part of Universe Survival, were starting to scatter breadcrumbs of Gohan and Krillin getting relevant again.

The setup alone for Universe Survival, on the other hand, has gone from episodes 77 to 94 and is only now winding down to the end. That's 18 episodes, already nearing the length of the Goku Black arc, and if we include the episodes like Goku's self-assassination, the Saiyaman movie, and Krillin's training as being part of the arc's context that adds another 6.

Comparing to Kai, the Saiyan saga went on for 17 episodes, making it longer than three fifths of Super's arcs. Namek lasted for 37. Including everything from Androids to Cell, the Cell saga is 43 episodes. Buu, presently going, stretches from episode 99 to 130, and is only just now getting to Elder Kai.

Super's way more compressed for the most part, so having a return to a Z-length arc is probably part of what is making this feel so long.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm gonna be amazed if the actual tournament is only two episodes long because of the whole 48 minutes rule.

I think it's gonna be 2 episodes long because something hosed up happens in the first "10 minutes" (2 full episodes) of the event, because Frieza's insane mutant biology actually makes him immune to divine erasure the same way it lets him survive and move in the vacuum of space. Or something.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I don't buy it because I've seen a collection of episode titles leading up to 100, that kinda seem bs, but also possible.

>Episode 95: The attack failed!?!?! Son Goku retaliates!
>Episode 96: The young park rangers! Goten and Trunks' new responsibilities!
>Episode 97: An animal missing!?!? Goten's determination!
>Episode 98: To the battleground! Let's start the Tournament of Power!
>Episode 99: Universe 7 in danger! Dicasty gets suspended!
>Episode 100: For the Universe! The Tournament begins!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

a cartoon duck posted:

I think they'll still drag it out for a month or so, but I expect the tournament itself to last for at least 10 episodes.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I was willing to go along with Freeza being on the team, but if that ep 96 spoiler turns out to be true I'm going to be seriously annoyed. The only reason this plot point was worthwhile at all was because they were using this character in a new and interesting way. But if he's just going to be a straight up antagonist again then this whole thing was a waste of time and they might as well have recuited Yamcha in the first place.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still think Buu is going to magically awaken just in time to keep in line with the promotional material.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Goku, you piece of poo poo, you killed Grandpa Gohan and you don't even get him out of Other World for a day to visit Pan?! YOU HEARTLESS DUMBASS!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Goku, you piece of poo poo, you killed Grandpa Gohan and you don't even get him out of Other World for a day to visit Pan?! YOU HEARTLESS DUMBASS!

dude grandpa gohan already used his one day back in dragonball

there was a whole arc that culminated in revealing it and everything

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Brother Entropy posted:

dude grandpa gohan already used his one day back in dragonball

there was a whole arc that culminated in revealing it and everything

Yeah and the earrings now only permanently fuse if you're a kai and Super Saiyan comes from the back. C'mon Son. Let Grandpa see the family.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Let Raditz meet his extended family

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kelp Plankton posted:

Let Raditz meet his extended family

If only.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Onmi posted:

I don't buy it because I've seen a collection of episode titles leading up to 100, that kinda seem bs, but also possible.

>Episode 95: The attack failed!?!?! Son Goku retaliates!
>Episode 96: The young park rangers! Goten and Trunks' new responsibilities!
>Episode 97: An animal missing!?!? Goten's determination!
>Episode 98: To the battleground! Let's start the Tournament of Power!
>Episode 99: Universe 7 in danger! Dicasty gets suspended!
>Episode 100: For the Universe! The Tournament begins!

These seem much more plausible spinning their wheels by showing what Goten and Trunks get up to is classic Dragonball. But who is Dicasty?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Yeah and the earrings now only permanently fuse if you're a kai and Super Saiyan comes from the back. C'mon Son. Let Grandpa see the family.

uh what

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Didn't Super change how the Potara earrings work and U6 shenanigans with spines powering up Super Saiyan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Didn't Super change how the Potara earrings work and U6 shenanigans with spines powering up Super Saiyan?

sure but that has jack poo poo to do with the one day rule that super is still treating as true

you're complaining that the writers aren't retconning more things and yelling at a fictional character over it

• Locked thread