Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Papal Mainframe posted:

drat. I remember reading his poo poo back in the day and thinking "this guy is insane". Ah, the nostalgia of my first encounter with autism on the internet :3:

If you enjoyed reading his diatribe then, you should read his Grr Goon posts regarding EVE.

You'll have a aneurism blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nigga crab pollock posted:

except this is world of Warcraft in the days when the insanely expensive gold sink items were a few thousand gold and most people had dozens

it was in wrath because that's when i started, and i personally had hundreds of thousands at the time and didn't farm for it, he played 18 hours a day and market baroned everything

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
World of Warcraft seemed like a terrible game and I'm glad I never played it.

I much prefered playing an amazing sci-fi game most of you have probably never heard of. Its called EVE Online and it has some of the most engaging pve content. You should check it out.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah 200k gold was the gold cap for the longest time, it made moving gold for rmt super annoying and difficult

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
FCON+pets just got smacked down by the Space Violence squad, best fight I´ve had in ages:
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=2122,2120,2117,2119&b=7588440&e=90&t=rrrbaq

We reffed their Jump Bridge two days in a row without them having the balls to fight our T1 battleships, instead they chose to sit on a Fortizar and talk about Rorquals and BPCs, idgi. When our fleet left they decided to repair their POS with a bunch of faxes so we just looped back around to our bridge and dropped the hammer.

They then batphoned TEST, CO2, Brave and everyone else in 30 jumps radius, and we had a good fighting retreat.

Quote of the day:
[FCON] Nour_Samy - Today at 11:13 AM LOTS OF DREADS ON FIELD BURN NOW , WE"RE LOSING OUR CAPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZjWGhvNvk

nex fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 5, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

#anotherone

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nex posted:

FCON+pets just got smacked down by the Space Violence squad, best fight I´ve had in ages:
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=2122,2120,2117,2119&b=7588440&e=90&t=rrrbaq

We reffed their Jump Bridge two days in a row without them having the balls to fight our T1 battleships, instead they chose to sit on a Fortizar and talk about Rorquals and BPCs, idgi. When our fleet left they decided to repair their POS with a bunch of faxes so we just looped back around to our bridge and dropped the hammer.

They then batphoned TEST, CO2, Brave and everyone else in 30 jumps radius, and we had a good fighting retreat.

Quote of the day:
[FCON] Nour_Samy - Today at 11:13 AM LOTS OF DREADS ON FIELD BURN NOW , WE"RE LOSING OUR CAPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZjWGhvNvk

lol nour samy was and is a huge retard.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ew orange juche is a gip mod now eww

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Who did it this time?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Hambulance posted:

Who did it this time?

P.L.A

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no escape :twisted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

yeah he could be your trump lol thread posting

This is a pretty good burn

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Dalael posted:

If you enjoyed reading his diatribe then, you should read his Grr Goon posts regarding EVE.

You'll have a aneurism blast.

Nah I think I'll pass :aaaaa:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nah im an IK, all the fun of being able to probate, none of the pretend responsibility.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
https://zkillboard.com/character/93239045/

Tremble in fear, for Harry Forever is back! :v:

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

vyst posted:

This is a pretty good burn

Definitely better than anything you've ever come up with.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

Nah im an IK, all the fun of being able to probate, none of the pretend responsibility.

oh phew

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

https://zkillboard.com/character/93239045/

Tremble in fear, for Harry Forever is back! :v:

I admire harry for being able to find t1 industrials in the wild

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

goattrails posted:

Definitely better than anything you've ever come up with.

:drat:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

I admire harry for being able to find t1 industrials in the wild

Are you sure it's not people undocking just for him? We can't seriously have that many empty, module free T1 industrials sitting around Delve.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
(1:15:10 PM) querns@laptop: http://hoboleaks.space/ looks like we're getting 20k m^3 strongboxes for the BR EC BPCs

quernsleaks

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:smugdog:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
ccp bending the knee to the goonies once again, shame

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wow ccp actually fixed it

i'm impressed

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wow ccp actually fixed it

i'm impressed

You should ignore the way they went about getting this changed and instead continue your autistic screeching about ghost training.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

frozenphil posted:

You should ignore the way they went about getting this changed and instead continue your autistic screeching about ghost training.

i mean we did the whole throwing our toys out of the pram thing over a weekend, so it's not like ccp saw that and went "oh man we better go to work on the loving weekend to please our masters"

pretty sure they were working on it way before we did our boycott thing

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what does the strongbox fix go live

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

frozenphil posted:

ironbank is making 60 billion isk a day ghost training, and has been for half a year
really makes you think

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ironbank is making 60 billion isk a day ghost training, and has been for half a year
really makes you think

Isn't he banned still? Along with Lenny. Almost like they were up to rmt.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i mean we did the whole throwing our toys out of the pram thing over a weekend, so it's not like ccp saw that and went "oh man we better go to work on the loving weekend to please our masters"

pretty sure they were working on it way before we did our boycott thing

also helps that the strongbox is literally the easiest solution to the problem. it's a couple lines of database changes to the drop tables & a new strongbox itemtype.

versus ghost training likely being a complete code bugfuck between the training code, the accounts system, and who knows what else

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

lucifirius posted:

Isn't he banned still? Along with Lenny. Almost like they were up to rmt.

it's really impossible to prove who is who when a player does some basic things, and ccp's modus operandi is to let banned players start over again almost all the time

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Klyith posted:

also helps that the strongbox is literally the easiest solution to the problem. it's a couple lines of database changes to the drop tables & a new strongbox itemtype.

versus ghost training likely being a complete code bugfuck between the training code, the accounts system, and who knows what else

One of these poses an existential threat to the games long term viability and one does not.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

One of these poses an existential threat to the games long term viability and one does not.

given the public response to our choice of ships for taking down the BR ECs you'd think that it WAS an existential threat to the game's long term viability

i can't wrap my head around why pubbies think it's anathema to take the thing down in frigates

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

given the public response to our choice of ships for taking down the BR ECs you'd think that it WAS an existential threat to the game's long term viability

i can't wrap my head around why pubbies think it's anathema to take the thing down in frigates

It's bullshit, but its neither the biggest pile nor the stinkiest mound. Just the right kind of bullshit :getin:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ironbank already made more isk since december than the entire collective losses of b-r

i know I've said this before but the fact ccp still hasn't fixed it nearly 6 months after it was bug reported and a month after it was publicized on reddit really blows my mind

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Sounds like they managed to screw it up harder than they did FW like 5 years ago. I'm sure somehow only goons will get banned for it just like back then

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

gwrtheyrn posted:

Sounds like they managed to screw it up harder than they did FW like 5 years ago. I'm sure somehow only goons will get banned for it just like back then

eh, that's not really fair

to the best of our knowledge, only goons were doing forex poo poo, we managed to get that poo poo banned before anyone else could cotton onto it

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

i know I've said this before but the fact ccp still hasn't fixed it nearly 6 months after it was bug reported and a month after it was publicized on reddit really blows my mind

I'll give you this, I don't know why they haven't officially acknowledged it as a bug. That would at least stop people from mass-exploiting it (or give free reign to ban those who do).

The :tinfoil: explanation is that despite being bad for the game long-term, it's selling lots of extra plex and injectors now, fluffing up their bottom line. A good trade if you're planning to sell off the company.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

to the best of our knowledge, only goons were doing forex poo poo, we managed to get that poo poo banned before anyone else could cotton onto it

yeah didn't jade constantine come in to your thread and say "I made lots of money too" but it was obvious he didn't even understand what y'all had done?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I have seen claims from multiple non goons since then saying that they'd done it as well, but not to the same extent/level of organisation, without repercussion except in some (but not all) cases having the loot seized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

I'll give you this, I don't know why they haven't officially acknowledged it as a bug. That would at least stop people from mass-exploiting it (or give free reign to ban those who do).

The :tinfoil: explanation is that despite being bad for the game long-term, it's selling lots of extra plex and injectors now, fluffing up their bottom line. A good trade if you're planning to sell off the company.

yeah didn't jade constantine come in to your thread and say "I made lots of money too" but it was obvious he didn't even understand what y'all had done?

yeah he did say that, and he did make money from it, but he didn't do forex -- he got a copy* of the document we'd made to describe the exploit to CCP and invested in a related market

* aryth tweeted it publicly thinking it was private lol

• Locked thread