Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Meridian posted:

Then what is the other dude talking about?

Heihachi was fighting the devils the whole time because he learned that his wife was sent by the devil clan to kill him, which is why he did everything he did with Kazuya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man Heihachi loving rules. So does Akuma.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Heihachi was fighting the devils the whole time because he learned that his wife was sent by the devil clan to kill him, which is why he did everything he did with Kazuya

Right, I get that, but I still feel like Kazuya is pretty much a victim of circumstance. There might have been another way maybe? Jin is dealing, mostly.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Anything negative I can say about the story mode is countered by just how great the transitions into fights are, they look super natural and I genuinely love that half the time you're taking control as you're eating a kick to the face or delivering one, it's great.

If you want to see transitions done even better check out NetherRealms games. Injustice 2's story mode looks goddamn amazing and it's all in-engine so you don't get Tekken 7's weird abrupt shifts.

e: and yeah it seems like if Heihachi wasn't such a dick then Kazuya wouldn't have gone full devil to begin with. I have no idea about Jin he was cool once I guess

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I definitely think IJ2 has the better single player experience of the two games. But Tekken 7 is just so much a better game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Wanderer posted:

I got gifted a copy of T7 on Xbox One.

The load times suck, and this is a full digital installation. Is that unique to this platform, or are long load times just a problem with T7 right now?

That is just tekken 7 in general regardless of the platform. Even the arcade release had some nasty load times.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Jmcrofts posted:

I definitely think IJ2 has the better single player experience of the two games. But Tekken 7 is just so much a better game.

Oh for sure I'd take Tekken 7's fighting over just about any other game period. It's so drat solid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meridian posted:

Right, I get that, but I still feel like Kazuya is pretty much a victim of circumstance. There might have been another way maybe? Jin is dealing, mostly.

Oh yeah, Heihachi's still an evil monster who loves war and violence and beat up his Dad and locked him up in the basement for 100 years and later threw his son off a cliff just to test if he was a devil. All Story Mode does is explain why Heihachi hates devils so much. Though Kazuya is pretty awful himself in ways that aren't just wanting revenge on his Dad. All Mishimas (except Lee) are just awful.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jin has caused more death, despair and general armageddon than everyone else in the series combined, several times over. This would be ok I guess if he was like Kazuya and Heihachi and grinning and generally loving the poo poo out of being a jackass but he's just a morose idiot.

And somehow we're supposed to root for him in the upcoming battle against his dad?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jin sucks. How could you have the genes of Heihachi and still be so boring.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Yodzilla posted:

If you want to see transitions done even better check out NetherRealms games. Injustice 2's story mode looks goddamn amazing and it's all in-engine so you don't get Tekken 7's weird abrupt shifts.

I'm playing that as well and love it there too, but, and maybe I'm remembering wrong, doesn't Injustice also manage to have people always start opposite ends neutral stance kinda? I like that Tekken just drops you right into the fight, where Injustice seems to set it up, albeit prettier.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

Jin has caused more death, despair and general armageddon than everyone else in the series combined, several times over. This would be ok I guess if he was like Kazuya and Heihachi and grinning and generally loving the poo poo out of being a jackass but he's just a morose idiot.

And somehow we're supposed to root for him in the upcoming battle against his dad?

The whole atrocities commited for a noble purpose thing I guess is supposed to make him not reeeeallly a bad guy.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
jin started world war 3 in order to bait out a super devil so he could kill it. i feel like he could have juts not started world war 3 and left azazel sleeping instead but hell ive never had any experience running a multinational corporation responsible for experimental weapons r&d, mma tournaments and pizza delivery, what do i know?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
also Kazuya is the best Mishima :colbert:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjUL2oxIKg

heihachi just wanted to chill with his bear friend ok

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Tekken posted:

also Mokujin is the best Mishima :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

also Kazuya is the best Mishima :colbert:

He's fine but he's no Heihachi or Lee.

Completely Official Mishima Tier List

Heihachi/Lee (The coolest and the greatest)

Kazuya (Evil and loving it)

Lars (He doesn't brood as much as Jin and I appreciate that)

Jin (brooding sad man)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If you have the game already, just load up practice mode, press Start and head to the move list for your character and press Triangle (Y I think it is on PC/xbone) to have the move show up as an overlay to practice with and with Touchpad+R1/L1 (Select RB/LB) you can scroll through them without having to go through the menu again.

Thanks, that's awesome.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He's fine but he's no Heihachi or Lee.

Completely Official Mishima Tier List

Heihachi/Lee (The coolest and the greatest)

Kazuya (Evil and loving it)

Lars (He doesn't brood as much as Jin and I appreciate that)

Jin (brooding sad man)

Lee and Lars aren't Mishimas, and the order is Kazuya > Kazumi > Heihachi > Jinpachi > Jin. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lars is a Mishima by blood and Lee's adopted. So he definitely counts :colbert:

I forgot Jinpachi and Kazumi though. Kazumi's above Kazuya because of cool fire wings and Tigers. Jinpachi is above Lars for being genuinely nice and a good person and that's rare for a Mishima and should be appreciated.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

did a quick little ditty about the throw game in tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC2IltYoEc

so apparently its somewhat new, somewhat old. You only gotta pay attention to how their hands move on command throws vs every throw now.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Lars is a cokehead anime nerd who sucks and is pretty obviously bottom tier Mishima.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Made some more clips of informative stuff Aris said during his stream.

How to reverse running tackles - https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulInspiringSharkNononoCat

Benefits of moves that give forced crouch - https://clips.twitch.tv/HardDarlingLadiesHeyGuys

Moves that spin your opponent will give wallsplat - https://clips.twitch.tv/TallInspiringTrayWutFace

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really know any of the Mishima characters so naturally I mainly judge them by their hairstyles.

Needless to say, Lars and Jin are bottom tier.

BattleHamster posted:

Made some more clips of informative stuff Aris said during his stream.
Thanks! This stuff is absolute gold to someone who doesn't know the game at all.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 5, 2017

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

everyone unlock this video if you haven't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rib7ao8ULUM

TEKCAN TEKCAN TEKCAN TEKCAN

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Your Computer posted:

When I think "Tekken" I think "Good story".

This, but unironically.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Evil Canadian posted:

did a quick little ditty about the throw game in tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC2IltYoEc

so apparently its somewhat new, somewhat old. You only gotta pay attention to how their hands move on command throws vs every throw now.

Old Tekkens the standard 1+3 and 2+4 throws had to be broken by 1 and 2 respectively. Now, standard 1+3 and 2+4 throws can be broken by either 1 or 2, it appears. I approve of this change because I have friends that have been throw whores for 20 years and looking for the right or left hand to break it is pretty much impossible.

Command throws have always been trickier to break, though once your friend who only knows one variation of King's multi-grapple's grabs you it's easier because you know what's coming. :D

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I like that Kazuya's eyebrows are just young Heihachi's mustache.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Someone here put it best when saying the storyline of Tekken is basically a pro-wrestling feud. It's a story of Kane's Kazuya's 25 year plan to kill the Undertaker Heihachi.

I really wish the non main storyline characters got more time to shine, though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PunkBoy posted:

I crave more deep Lucky Chloe lore

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Every day, even if I only play for 30 minutes and watch Knee for a match or two, I feel like another piece of the puzzle is revealed to me. Maybe I don't know where it fits yet, but just even knowing it's there is like a revelation. I remember the first time I watched Aris's video on how to create a strategy by linking moves together with movement, and suddenly watching Korean Tekken videos took on a whole new level. Once someone explained just how brutal Leo's 50/50s and CHs are, I realized I was focusing far too much on fishing for launches and not bullying my opponent into giving me launches. It's like I'm decoding the matrix, one glowy green letter at a time.

What I'm trying to say here is that I loving love this game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Your Computer posted:

I crave more deep Lucky Chloe lore

Same but post Eddy Gordo hiring.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
remember when paul was like the 4th strongest character in the series and the only non-mishima person to beat a mishima or a final boss, but then the devs realized he was a gaijin barbarian pig so they cast him down into the joke character abyss?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

Every day, even if I only play for 30 minutes and watch Knee for a match or two, I feel like another piece of the puzzle is revealed to me. Maybe I don't know where it fits yet, but just even knowing it's there is like a revelation. I remember the first time I watched Aris's video on how to create a strategy by linking moves together with movement, and suddenly watching Korean Tekken videos took on a whole new level. Once someone explained just how brutal Leo's 50/50s and CHs are, I realized I was focusing far too much on fishing for launches and not bullying my opponent into giving me launches. It's like I'm decoding the matrix, one glowy green letter at a time.

What I'm trying to say here is that I loving love this game.
:agreed:
Unfortunately, I'm also really bad at competitive games so as soon as I'm in an actual match with another person it all falls apart because I forget everything under stress :v:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Same but post Eddy Gordo hiring.
Well they said this game was the end of the Mishima saga, so clearly we know what the next game should focus its main story on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

darealkooky posted:

remember when paul was like the 4th strongest character in the series and the only non-mishima person to beat a mishima or a final boss, but then the devs realized he was a gaijin barbarian pig so they cast him down into the joke character abyss?

Yeah he owns.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnGLdpB_-1E

I'm just gonna leave this video here, explaining it is an exercise left up to the viewer.

Please note there is an entire channel with years worth of content there

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

darealkooky posted:

One day you're beating up Ogre and then one day you find yourself literally pooping your pants and running away from every threat.

PunkBoy posted:

Someone here put it best when saying the storyline of Tekken is basically a pro-wrestling feud. It's a story of Kane's Kazuya's 25 year plan to kill the Undertaker Heihachi.

I like Corporate Kazuya way more than The Demon Kazuya.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
i posted this in the fg discord but just so you know

:siren: BORDERLESS AND WINDOWED MODE CAUSE MORE INPUT LAG. :siren:

Windows 7+ forces every window to have vsync at the OS level. This is because of Desktop Window Manager. If you are fullscreen, DWM doesn't do anything to the window.

If you are on Win7, you can disable this by using the Basic theme or "Disable desktop composition" for the specific program you want.

If you are on Win8/10 you are boned so get hosed.

Other options: $$$$ GSync monitor works as long as your FPS is close to your max refresh rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Trykt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnGLdpB_-1E

I'm just gonna leave this video here, explaining it is an exercise left up to the viewer.

Please note there is an entire channel with years worth of content there

I was going to ask if this was a fetish thing but then I clicked through and wasn't disappointed.