Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

bango skank posted:

i think the thing that throws people about that is that he looks way younger than he currently does. i mean, clearly it's staged, but i can see it being filmed pre-uyd.

My first reaction to that video wasn't that it was staged (which I don't think that it is), but it was "My view of Seth is forever changed. Whenever I think of his pre-sober days and partying in LA I now get to incorporate that luscious head of hair that he had".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
It seems too perfect to not be staged but he must have written the script or improv'ed the whole thing because it is EXACTLY his natural style of ranting.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I've always figured it was filmed sometime back during uyds early days, maybe around when they were filming episodes and shopping the show to the Oprah network or whatever. The skit never ended up getting used but then years later it got dusted off as a funnyordie viral vid attempt......

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Trunko posted:

I've always figured it was filmed sometime back during uyds early days, maybe around when they were filming episodes and shopping the show to the Oprah network or whatever. The skit never ended up getting used but then years later it got dusted off as a funnyordie viral vid attempt......

I remember I asked Seth about it when it came out and he said it was just something he and a friend made way before UYD.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

CortezFantastic posted:

I remember I asked Seth about it when it came out and he said it was just something he and a friend made way before UYD.

Cool.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Yea a "found tape" wouldn't have quick edits like that,

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

CortezFantastic posted:

i like that, so he was incredibly hosed up on drugs and booze, but it was also a joke

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Under the vegetable posted:

i like that, so he was incredibly hosed up on drugs and booze, but it was also a joke

He was sober for what, 4 years before UYD?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Trunko posted:

He was sober for what, 4 years before UYD?

I think he hit 15 years sober sometime in the last few months, so that sounds about right.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

The Narrator posted:

I think he hit 15 years sober sometime in the last few months, so that sounds about right.

4/20

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Feeling like Seth's ultimate contribution to the human species will be the quote "If you read a book and it changes your life, then you're really hosed." I want to see it in a civilization game when you research tech.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There's a ton of great Seth quotes in this show

"I wish I had a son who would hate me as much as I hate myself"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Anyone know the episode where they did a bit about the Baseball Hall of Fame doing an exhibit of hot baseball players and Jonathan is just naming old timey baseball players like "Rollie Fingers"?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The studs we love. George Brett. Have you ever seen a wrist so thick?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Daaaad, we just went to the baseball museum last weekend.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress those are funny jokes I didn't even remember but I cannot find that bit in the show notes using all my search skillz!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
A really nice story about chris cornell, what was that documentary he was on about?

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Driver 23. The full thing is on youtube, they posted it in the show notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdn1TPEB4tw

I haven't watched it tho, so I can't offer any feedback :shobon:

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I'm the only person in the movie theater right now watching god awful Chevy commercials and I just laughed out loud thinking about Seth watching transformers in the movies by himself at 9 in the morning.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

flesh dance posted:

Driver 23. The full thing is on youtube, they posted it in the show notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdn1TPEB4tw

I haven't watched it tho, so I can't offer any feedback :shobon:

Thanks I started watching it immediately can see why they like it. Jonathan would describe these guys as "so awesome".

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

The Cornell story almost made me crash I was laughing so hard.

Did anyone recognize the other names J was listing in that jam session? Was it really a group of super respected artists and young John trying to fit in? I have a good friend who is always a little too ready to whip out his harmonica, so that story hit close to home.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria_Morning

He was talking about the producers on the right? Pretty nice pedigrees.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Anyone know what's up with the boys? Starting to get a little worried.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

The Face Book posted:

Sorry for the delay in episodes. Some complications have not made it possible for Seth and I to sit down and do a show. We will soon and get it up to you guys as soon as we can.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ita taking a while to find an apartment in New York with parking for the range rover

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Breakfast like a king, lunch like a price, dinner like a pauper

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Dinner like a John Popper

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wonder how much money ol pappy john still gives Jah. Even when he was just working at that scabby record shop he acted a fool.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

2 new eps bitch

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Long live King Leida imho

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I just remembered that they did a segment about the official jeff bridges forum, it was really funny, does anyone remember what episode that was?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Google says 65

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jonathan's idea about socialized meth heads is loving hilarious. I love that as soon as he opens his mouth Seth just says to strap in for some stupid.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Beastie posted:

Jonathan's idea about socialized meth heads is loving hilarious. I love that as soon as he opens his mouth Seth just says to strap in for some stupid.

"soo slaves?"

"yeah...."

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Abalone Malone posted:

"soo slaves?"

"yeah...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS-tfIif05E

Bonus Kurt Russell at ca. 5 minutes.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
When Seth first started the vegan strip club story and said it wasn't what he expected, I figured it meant it turned out to be a vegan "steak" place or something. That it was an actual strip club with little to no vegan strippers was hilarious

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

His idea for indentured junkie servants and Seth's reaction to the whole thing is peak UYD. I was listening to it on a long car drive this weekend and laughing my rear end off.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

since jonathan's on board with asmr it's about time for a uyd/mbmbam/chapo crossover

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I had completely forgotten about Ebaum's world as a thing until they brought it up last episode. The drug names is a good bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Seths follow up about the headshot story was classic. Not too often where J-Dog is baffled by Seth.