Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

When does it start? After Breaking Saul or during the finale weeks?

Tonight. :kingsley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are almost to the episode Chris learns to catch a shotgun shell with his face from his new friends on AMC.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/dZsfPf3.gifv

I really want to think that this was a fake out, but who knows with this show

If it was a fakeout then I don't know why those dudes would lie while being pummeled to death

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Maybe they miss remembered it because they took a nap right after they murdered their last friend who was barely wounded. How were they so unhurt flying out of a truck bed flipping through the air?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

http://i.imgur.com/dZsfPf3.gifv

I really want to think that this was a fake out, but who knows with this show

If it was a fakeout then I don't know why those dudes would lie while being pummeled to death

I wondered if it was a fakeout because their stories were inconsistent and in actuality they just hosed off and left Chris for dead or something, but tried to hedge their bets by saying 'oh he died in the crash' or 'we mercy killed him' would piss off Travis less somehow than 'We left your son to die alone in the desert with a broken leg'?

Maybe it seems like a fakeout because killing a character 'off camera' is such a weird decision. Then again, all of Chris's storyline was a weird decision. I figured he'd go 'no gently caress you dad' and take up with El Salvidad as his post-apocalypse father figure. Instead we got what we got.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenzarin posted:

Maybe they miss remembered it because they took a nap right after they murdered their last friend who was barely wounded. How were they so unhurt flying out of a truck bed flipping through the air?

They probably weren't really "flying" out. The truck wasn't going that fast, they probably just fell out, and only fell like five feet

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

They probably weren't really "flying" out. The truck wasn't going that fast, they probably just fell out, and only fell like five feet

I know for plot and whatever but that truck was kicking up alot of dirt, you don't do that going 20.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The suffering continues now

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Is there a new thread? Also, the only way the main group looks good is they pit them against the cliche insane military trope.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was thinking the same thing. I'm like 10-20 mins behind in the episode.

Sir we confirmed when we kill these people they become zombies, I think we found the source.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 5, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JossiRossi posted:

Is there a new thread? Also, the only way the main group looks good is they pit them against the cliche insane military trope.

I haven't seen the episode yet but I am expecting "Insane military trope.. versus even CRAZIER FUCKIN' FAMILY" trope.

Of course it won't be that awesome because AMC will treat them like good guys.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i'm a big fan of this reboot the whole series with a new cast thing they are doing

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blazing Ownager posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I am expecting "Insane military trope.. versus even CRAZIER FUCKIN' FAMILY" trope.

Of course it won't be that awesome because AMC will treat them like good guys.

The military people are part of a crazy family also....

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Whelp so much for Travis. :v:

At least we still have Strand Stranding it up as a con artist down in Mexico!

"You're going to have to put your hand...in a woman's vagina."

"Oh that is NOT happening."

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They sure killed alot of those mexicans from season 2 off screen. They really "saved" them from the cartel.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

the talent deficit posted:

i'm a big fan of this reboot the whole series with a new cast thing they are doing

It could be an interesting approach if done right, follow a small cast at first and then watch as they die one by one, and when the last few die all at once we follow the people they were with, or the people who killed them, and have that happen every 1-2 seasons, kind of give it somewhat of an anthology feel.

I had to laugh at the fact that I don't regularly watch Fear, caught like the last 10 minutes of the premiere, clicked away to something else, and when I clicked back Travis was gravely wounded and dead and I had no clue why, and it was within 5 minutes of where I'd saw him perfectly fine flying away in a helicopter. Just all over the map there, good grief.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Tenzarin posted:

They sure killed alot of those mexicans from season 2 off screen. They really "saved" them from the cartel.

they ran away when nick and whatshername got captured i think?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

the talent deficit posted:

they ran away when nick and whatshername got captured i think?

Pretty sure I remember all of them getting caught.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"My style and my color." :smug:

:allears:

Haha she's like Rick! Time to take over Redneck Alexandria!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
They just killed every last non-white person in that family. Good job show.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have they ever explained why the army in this show is evil?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

These guys arent army though, they're just survivalists who dress up in camo and took over a military base.

JossiRossi posted:

Thank GOD someone noticed. To Twitter! We must hold them accountable as the racists they are!

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 5, 2017

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

they are gonna add that latina tho. i think maori -> latina is prob ok

you know the black dude is gonna drive his sick new ride straight to the prepper camp too

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

What a surprise, the first new episode has Madison and Da Crew arrive at yet another secure encampment and completely gently caress it up so that it is overrun within a couple of hours of them showing up.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
"This place, behind a 5 foot wire fence, is the safest place to be."

*Zombie herd of 100.000 strolls in*

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

And the second episode ends with Madison plotting to take over the survivalist ranch that they just arrived at.

This show is possibly the most one note thing on television at the moment.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My screen was super dark during the opening scene of the second episode. I'm assuming Travis showed Alicia a zombie bite he got in the pit before dumping himself to freedom?

E: N/M, the inside the episode thing said the wound on his side was the entry wound from the bullet, not a hidden zombie bite. As dumb as this show can be, I was certainly not expecting that to happen.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

For several seasons of TWD, introducing a new black character when one was already present on the show was a literal death sentence for one of them. It really only got better once Michonne became a regular on the show, but I see the FTWD showrunners haven't strayed far from their roots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This has to be the worst and most nonsensical show on TV right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mcmagic posted:

This has to be the worst and most nonsensical show on TV right?

Better than garbage people. Seriously how did they never find the garbage people before?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Watched the first ep of Fear, I have no idea what the military family plan was but I really liked how that dude died by being pulled into the vent

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They had to confirm that zombies are people.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao Travis' reaction in the helicopter rules

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I was so confused by Madison's hostage situation. Like, she stuck a spoon in the dude's orbit and was threatening to pop his eye out or some poo poo?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know why no one shot her from the side, her head was completely above his

I wonder what will happen to this vital and safe settlement they have come upon

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I liked this premier better than the TWD season 7 premier.

I wonder if Cliff Curtis quit the show though. I don't think the writers would've had the balls to kill him off on their own.

moist turtleneck posted:

Watched the first ep of Fear, I have no idea what the military family plan was but I really liked how that dude died by being pulled into the vent

That was so random and nonsensical and I loving loved it. I hope they start doing more of that poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/7AORnZD.gifv

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

And the second episode ends with Madison plotting to take over the survivalist ranch that they just arrived at.

It took years for Rick to get to that level, Madison is already taking poo poo over after a couple months. By present Walking Dead Main Show Time she's probably the Warlord of the Greater West Coast or something.

Calling it, next season of Walking Dead starts off with the big setpiece battle between Rick and Negan which is promptly broken up by Madison's tanks rolling in to consolidate her hold on the East.

:getin:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I don't believe Madison as some sort of military mastermind warlord, though I don't doubt her violence or ruthlessness, especially when it comes to her family. I see her as more of a diplomatic leader--sharp with people skills and an ability to talk with people. Her background as a guidance counselor and popular bartender lends itself to that. Something about her acting is irking me too, sometimes it's just her voice, I think it could be the dubbing. She was great in Treme and Deadwood. I want to enjoy this show, I want it to improve, but it's still a few good parts and a whole lot of question marks.

Glad I didn't know that Cliff Curtis signed on for four Avatar sequels. That would've told me what was coming. Just like it did when I read about Ms. S. M-Green signing on to the new Star Trek show between TWD seasons 6 and 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Air ducts do not work that way!