Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sociopastry posted:

The memory foam pillow I got for my legs is really nice but because it's also a body pillow it makes me really sweaty when I sleep

Get yourself one of those wedge pillows on Amazon my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dreddout posted:

Get yourself one of those wedge pillows on Amazon my dude

I've tried the wedges and the ones that get narrower in the middle, etc. the best one I've found from experience is just an old regular head pillow. All the other ones are too thick and end up being uncomfortable.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

I thought that Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow were taking a break because I couldn't find them on the schedule but they've been taping ever since. Now I have, like, half a series of each to catch up on.

The good news is they are on Netflix now. Makes it easier to catch up.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I was, in fact, referencing that exact comic! :v:

It's a very good comic.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Inzombiac posted:

Oh right and Obama did the same thing in Detroit (???).
If someone offered me a free house in Detroit I wouldn't take it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's both really hot and the AC in my work building makes it really really cold.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I wanted lasagne but there was no veggie lasagne :negative:

IE crashes when I try to paste something into a post here and also sucks in general but I'm too lazy to dredge up my password and login on chrome

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The dude who wanted to buy some tortoises from me has put it off for the second week in a row and is whining because I won't hold the group for another week/month/whenever. Dude, I needed that money this weekend and the sale is loving over if you do this poo poo.

My coworker's emergency vet bill is over 2k. I really wish I could help him but it would probably get super awkward if I tried.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Never give money to people and expect them to pay it back

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I really wanted to buy a bottle of Ricard Pastis de Marseille yesterday but the local Alko didn't have it. Bought whiskey instead.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I got a peppermint tea from McDonald's and they put milk and sugar in it. Blech.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

starkebn posted:

Never give money anything to people and expect them to pay it back

Don't lend a book to someone unless you're prepared to never see it again. Don't buy someone lunch today with the expectation that they'll buy you lunch tomorrow. If you want or need it, don't give it away. If you want to give something to someone, just give it to them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Tiggum posted:

Don't lend a book to someone unless you're prepared to never see it again. Don't buy someone lunch today with the expectation that they'll buy you lunch tomorrow. If you want or need it, don't give it away. If you want to give something to someone, just give it to them.

:hfive:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gonna go putz around a comic con here in the city and can't decide which nerdy T-shirt to wear :negative:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'd never expect it back.

Fwp. Home WiFi is dead. Cable is dead. Cox has no idea when service will return

Good: not staph.
Bad: looks like necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum.
On the other hand, better that than MRSA.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Work had an inspection for the first time in literally years :shepicide: At least he said he'd only ding me for wearing shorts, though I mildly protest on the grounds of Texas summertime coming soon.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I asked a kinda-sorta friend of mine (known each other a long time, but not actually super close) if she had had plastic surgery done, because I've been curious for a while and couldn't trust my memory too well.

The FWP isn't that she's offended or embarrassed about it. She flat out told me the answer, and thanked me for asking a lot more respectfully than others have. No, my FWP is that I even asked in the first place, just to satisfy my curiosity.

E: vvv TLDR I'm an oversensitive dink who feels bad about things nobody really needs to feel bad about.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Jun 4, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
what

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cowslips Warren posted:

The dude who wanted to buy some tortoises from me has put it off for the second week in a row and is whining because I won't hold the group for another week/month/whenever. Dude, I needed that money this weekend and the sale is loving over if you do this poo poo.

My coworker's emergency vet bill is over 2k. I really wish I could help him but it would probably get super awkward if I tried.

Thing I learnt selling stuff on forums years ago: if someone wants you to hold an item, they put up a 10% non-refundable deposit. Even if they end up messing you around and not buying it, wahey! Free money!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I have a performance and development conversation tomorrow and it's probably gonna go okay, but it's a half hour of bullshit I don't wanna even have.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The delivery truck comes in tonight at workand the person I'm working with is about as useful as tits on a boar hog.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have a name you know

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Olduseless?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

oldpainless posted:

I have a name you know

More like OldNameLess

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I bruised the bones in my foot after falling down my apt stairs. Now instead of packing I have to be laying down with the foot elevated on an ice pack. I didn't even know you could bruise bones.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There's been a strange odor in our apartment since yesterday, like a faint whiff of model glue. We need to tell the front office so they can check the HVAC system, because I'd rather not die in the middle of the night. In the meantime we have to keep the A/C off and it's pretty hot out today.

e: Wife reports there's no odor now, and the A/C has been on for a couple hours now. Hopefully we're good.

DizzyBum has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Jun 5, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

There's been a strange odor in our apartment since yesterday, like a faint whiff of model glue. We need to tell the front office so they can check the HVAC system, because I'd rather not die in the middle of the night. In the meantime we have to keep the A/C off and it's pretty hot out today.

e: Wife reports there's no odor now, and the A/C has been on for a couple hours now. Hopefully we're good.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I wish to nap but if I do I won't sleep tonight

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There are SO MANY great comedy podcasts I cannot reasonably catch up.
Even listening to two hours a day. gently caress.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I'm having this issue, too. I pulled down a replacement X-Files podcast (to replace the defunct X-Files Files) and a podcast about medical history. After I finish up my new episodes from my other podcasts, my only time for podcasts is podcasts-to-fall-asleep-to, which have to be ones I've already listened to. Can't see if you like a new podcast if you're falling asleep, after all.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I need new shoes for work so I ordered some from amazon last Tuesday. They "shipped" and were "out for delivery" on Thursday, but then at 9pm it magically changed to "sorry it'll arrive Friday-Sunday. Well now they sent me an email that "there was a problem so we're shipping it by UPS here is your tracking number." The tracking on the UPS website just says "information received." So I have to wear my old shoes, on which the bottoms are totally worn out, so I slip all the time. If there's even a mildly wet floor, I'm guaranteed to slip and almost fall in it.

I would complain but it's not going to do any good, it's not like they'll give me the shoes for free, and the shipping is prime so I'm not really paying for it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Thin Privilege posted:

I need new shoes for work so I ordered some from amazon last Tuesday. They "shipped" and were "out for delivery" on Thursday, but then at 9pm it magically changed to "sorry it'll arrive Friday-Sunday. Well now they sent me an email that "there was a problem so we're shipping it by UPS here is your tracking number." The tracking on the UPS website just says "information received." So I have to wear my old shoes, on which the bottoms are totally worn out, so I slip all the time. If there's even a mildly wet floor, I'm guaranteed to slip and almost fall in it.

I would complain but it's not going to do any good, it's not like they'll give me the shoes for free, and the shipping is prime so I'm not really paying for it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

Buy another pair, pay for same-day shipping, return the original pair when they arrive (under the order of the same-day one). They refund your shipping costs.

e: before anyone gets mad this isn't cheating, I've literally had Amazon support tell me to do this before

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 6, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I ate a bunch of junk food these past few weeks which is not something I usually do so my whole digestive system is hosed up

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thin Privilege posted:

I have your shoes

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think someone stole a package off my porch and I doubt Amazon will replace it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
After a tiny of Facebook stalking of a gym friend, I learned that she is friends with a friend and former colleague from my current job, and I don't know how to broach the subject without tipping her off to my FB creeping.

Inzombiac posted:

This but gaming podcasts. I should just cut some out of my rotation since I don't get much gaming in these days (not for lack of want!) but force of habit is a tough thing to break.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

Buy another pair, pay for same-day shipping, return the original pair when they arrive (under the order of the same-day one). They refund your shipping costs.

e: before anyone gets mad this isn't cheating, I've literally had Amazon support tell me to do this before

This is a good idea. But I recall a goon saying that amazon threatened to close their account because they returned too many items, and I return a whooole lot of items, so that kind of worries me. Supposedly they're arriving today, we will see.

A bunch of my other packages from amazon are arriving late too, I am very angry about those as well. I rarely had issues with them in the past, I don't know what's going on now.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I am getting sick and it's at the really annoying midpoint when it hasn't fully left the sore throat phase but hasn't fully entered the stuffy nose phase.

Life is suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I think someone stole a package off my porch and I doubt Amazon will replace it.

Amazon is really good about refunding/replacing packages, especially if the delivery person didn't get anyone to sign for it.

Source: multiple stolen packages this year.