Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Peachfart posted:

Respect doesn't mean that you are nice, or that you agree with them. All it means is that you avoid being a creepy rear end in a top hat towards people.
The horrible things that lady says makes me angry, but calling her a whore or talking about loving her not only makes you a worse person, it gives fuel to the other side and lastly contributes to the very sort of attitude that makes the right wing generally a bunch of assholes.
In a political context, normally I see "showing respect" to someone as being polite to them and generally acting as though their views are reasonable and they can be swayed by logical debate, hence "they really don't". But under your definition, I think we're saying pretty similar things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder it was either a wingnut on radio or an actually state rep. that pointed to a janitor closet mop wash/drain as proof of mooslem foot baths.

Something like that happened at my university a couple of years ago :(

http://www.redandblack.com/uganews/...8c44a7da57.html

The school was pretty unclear about whether they were primarily intended for mops or feet, but I think it was really both. Kids were washing their feet in the hand sinks and getting water everywhere, and this was a practical solution regardless of how you feel about Islam. An employee proceeded to piss in them and whine that he might be called racist unfairly.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

not sure whether to be pleased or annoyed the pigfuckers aren't organizing a march in my town

David Cameron's in the UK though.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Trump privatizing air traffic controllers: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-infrastructure-idUSKBN18W215

quote:

President Donald Trump outlined a plan on Monday to privatize the U.S. air traffic control system to modernize it and lower flying costs, but his proposal drew immediate criticism from Democrats who said it would hand control of a key asset to special interests and big airlines.

Trump's proposal to spin off air traffic control from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) was part of a weeklong White House focus on infrastructure. The administration is looking to shift the spotlight back onto Trump's agenda and away from a growing probe into alleged ties between his campaign and Russia.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don't worry, he just signed a meaningless piece of paper that congress will promptly ignore.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Don't worry, he just signed a meaningless piece of paper that congress will promptly ignore.

Someone else posted it first but they're literally letting him pretend to be important.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Greenwald is fine. The Intercept is fine. Just enjoy their leaks and content.

God forbid you might disagree on some views.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

guidoanselmi posted:

Did you not see what they did, they won't have any more leaks to enjoy soon lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

guidoanselmi posted:

sure. but they may have burned her(which they may not have, some think she burned herself accidentally or on purpose)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone else posted it first but they're literally letting him pretend to be important.

The argument seems to be that he signs all these useless Executive Orders and does all these silly pomp and circumstance show acts to trick his base into thinking things are going well... but I've always been of the mind its to trick Trump himself into thinking everything's ok.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump has absolutely no self awareness or shame so it doesn't matter. his poo poo just gives me a headache.

The more he blathers publicly, the more we have to point to in historal contexts. Let him blather.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

STAC Goat posted:

The argument seems to be that he signs all these useless Executive Orders and does all these silly pomp and circumstance show acts to trick his base into thinking things are going well... but I've always been of the mind its to trick Trump himself into thinking everything's ok.

Oh I think that as well. His handlers are putting on an elaborate stage performance around him to keep him thinking that he's the greatest and everyone loves him.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I think we've surpassed the Baghdad Bob stage by now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh I think that as well. His handlers are putting on an elaborate stage performance around him to keep him thinking that he's the greatest and everyone loves him.

Makes since with his insistence that only Fox News can be shows on federal TVs. Can't walk into a room without someone/something glowing about how amazing he is.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is the final stage of every failed dictator in history.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Trump is looking for someone to help fight terror, meet L.A Congressman Clay Higgins

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Captain Invictus posted:

The more he blathers publicly, the more we have to point to in historal contexts. Let him blather.
His Twitter habits can have legal ramifications, he's sabotaged the case for the Travel Ban for example with his tweets. They also do great service in undermining the administration's attempt at narrative control, concretely weakening what they can accomplish. Everyone here should be in favor of Trump tweeting more and with as little filter as possible, because they do have a real negative effect for everything he and his cronies are trying to do.

Burning_Monk posted:

Makes since with his insistence that only Fox News can be shows on federal TVs. Can't walk into a room without someone/something glowing about how amazing he is.
If I remember that might have just been the EPA. Still have the TVs tuned into the BBC at my federal office, thank god.

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 6, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Trump is looking for someone to help fight terror, meet L.A Congressman Clay Higgins

Uh, isn't that blatant incitement of violence?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hearing about this leaker getting caught makes me remember that David Petraeus leaked a bunch of poo poo because he was loving a reporter on the side. But he didn't deserve to go to jail because "reasons." On a related note Dianne Feinstein is a bitch.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Aurubin posted:

Hearing about this leaker getting caught makes me remember that David Petraeus leaked a bunch of poo poo because he was loving a reporter on the side. But he didn't deserve to go to jail because "reasons." On a related note Dianne Feinstein is a bitch.

The rules don't apply to the ruling caste. The American Dream makes sure only hard working and morally just people attain it so everyone else must be a lazy piece of poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I vaguely wish the Trump Admin had followed through on their efforts to bring Petraeus into the Administration because it would have added a very amusing side plot to this whole "the real story are the leakers!" thing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How does this guy feel about the 110 billion dollars worth of weapons we sold to Saudi Arabia, I wonder. Probably cool with it since it was Trump

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

El Burbo posted:

How does this guy feel about the 110 billion dollars worth of weapons we sold to Saudi Arabia, I wonder. Probably cool with it since it was Trump

Art Of The Deal

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure. but they may have burned her(which they may not have, some think she burned herself accidentally or on purpose)

Kind of surprising since whatever you think about The Intercept or Greenwald specifically, they have a page explaining how to go about leaking information to them. From that page:

quote:

What not to do if you want to remain anonymous

Don’t contact us from work. Most corporate and government networks log traffic. Even if you’re using Tor, being the only Tor user at work could make you stand out.

If you are thinking about leaking particularly sensitive documents, consider these additional tips:

Be aware of your habits. If you have access to secret information that has been published, your activities on the internet are likely to come under scrutiny, including what sites (such as The Intercept) you have visited or shared to social media. Make sure you’re aware of this before leaking to us, and adjust your habits as needed well before you decide to become our source. Tools like Tor (see above) can help protect the anonymity of your surfing.

It sounds like the source messed up on these, but they should have known enough about informational security to know that she could be compromised by the way they went about publishing this.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Aurubin posted:

On a related note Dianne Feinstein is a bitch.

Yeah so gendered slurs are poo poo, even if someone is a shithead

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Republicans use 'alt-right' Portland rally to recruit new members

Republicans have used a controversial “alt-right” rally in Portland, held in the wake of the the killing spree allegedly perpetrated by a local white supremacist in the city, to recruit new members to the party.

The effort was led by James Buchal, chair of the Multnomah County Republican party, who urged attendees at the rally on Sunday to join to the GOP. Details of his efforts were uncovered in a recording from the rally.

“I want to say, since I am involved in the Republican party, that the structure to change the government officials in a party, a political party,” Buchal told the crowd . “And we are looking for young conservatives to get active in the Multnomah County Republican party.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/portland-alt-right-rally-republican-recruit-james-buchal

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Republicans use 'alt-right' Portland rally to recruit new members

Republicans have used a controversial “alt-right” rally in Portland, held in the wake of the the killing spree allegedly perpetrated by a local white supremacist in the city, to recruit new members to the party.

The effort was led by James Buchal, chair of the Multnomah County Republican party, who urged attendees at the rally on Sunday to join to the GOP. Details of his efforts were uncovered in a recording from the rally.

“I want to say, since I am involved in the Republican party, that the structure to change the government officials in a party, a political party,” Buchal told the crowd . “And we are looking for young conservatives to get active in the Multnomah County Republican party.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/portland-alt-right-rally-republican-recruit-james-buchal

lol, that seems pretty loving desperate of them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Maddow still dead

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Maddow still dead

She was alive briefly Friday

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

El Burbo posted:

He won't know that Qatar is a country if you bring it up in a conversation, nor care because it isn't here and thus isn't 'Chrisindom'. Whatever happens to Qatar is going to be entirely our fault as the weapons that are going to be used on their people will have been given to them by Jared and Donnie gently caress.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

What the hell does Maddow have, anyway?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Teddybear posted:

Her back has been broken

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Teddybear posted:

Lupus

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone trying to downplay the Russia story is a loving hack, Glenn Greenwald fits the bill.

But where's the proof?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

FizFashizzle posted:

Maddow still dead

Joy or Ari tonight?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Teddybear posted:

^^ Joy.

I seriously don't know wtf would do this. She had a super bad fever on the 26th but still went in. Friday she was on audio for a segment and only used "this thing" to refer to whatever the hell she had.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/wrightr/status/871559072679686145

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/871896073144487937

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, i think he is hosed. so he is in poo poo ton of debt and now the FBI is on his rear end, like father like son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, i think he is hosed. so he is in poo poo ton of debt and now the FBI is on his rear end, like father like son.

what'll be interesting is if that $250 mil appears all of a sudden, considering the complete lack of opsec and common sense the whole administration's shown so far.

• Locked thread