Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Didn't Smash 4 get more entrants at the last EVO or am I misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Didn't Smash 4 get more entrants at the last EVO or am I misremembering?

It did. Only game that got more entrants was street fighter 5

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hey, Nintendo. Remember a little game called super MARIO WORLD? You better, you better loving remember because I for one... WONT LET YOU FORGET!!!!!!!

:allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hey, Nintendo. Remember a little game called super MARIO WORLD? You better, you better loving remember because I for one... WONT LET YOU FORGET!!!!!!!

I'm playing it right now on my special edition lime green new 3ds

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
N64 and Gamecube era games in particular have certain entries that some people never move on from. And while I can see the logic in some cases (like, say Melee) then you've got people who think that not only was Double Dash the pinnacle of Mario Kart (which is...fine) but that any future entry that doesn't include dual karting is still a lesser title.

Or the people who prefer Mario Sunshine to any Mario game before or since and make drat sure you know they think that.

That a life without FLUDD is a life not worth living.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hey, Nintendo. Remember a little game called PAPER MARIO? You better, you better loving remember because I for one... WONT LET YOU FORGET!!!!!!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
did somebody say PAPER BOY

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

KingSlime posted:

did somebody say GAME BOY

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to 100% Super Mario World tonight

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Esports:

"You mean all Smash games right? I can certainly agree with you there they can do a lot more to support Smash in general and the sce-"

"No no, just Melee. Only Melee. It's not just a video game, it's a lifestyle."

Considering the horror stories of the Melee centric Smash community that range from harassing a minor into giving up his win and prize at EVO because he used items to trying to silence a battered woman to protect one of their top players I wouldn't support them either if I was Nintendo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Considering the horror stories of the Melee centric Smash community that range from harassing a minor into giving up his win and prize at EVO because he used items to trying to silence a battered woman to protect one of their top players I wouldn't support them either if I was Nintendo

All high level fighting communities are disgusting which is why despite extremely high watchability there are barely esports scenes to fighters

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

N64 and Gamecube era games in particular have certain entries that some people never move on from. And while I can see the logic in some cases (like, say Melee) then you've got people who think that not only was Double Dash the pinnacle of Mario Kart (which is...fine) but that any future entry that doesn't include dual karting is still a lesser title.

Or the people who prefer Mario Sunshine to any Mario game before or since and make drat sure you know they think that.

That a life without FLUDD is a life not worth living.

It's insanity.

Everyone knows Mario Kart DS was the pinnacle.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's thoughts like this that crack me up when heavy FGC guys or heavy Smash guys rail against the other. C'mon man you're all scumbags.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Commissar Ken posted:

It's thoughts like this that crack me up when heavy FGC guys or heavy Smash guys rail against the other. C'mon man you're all scumbags.

Lmao

Kashuno posted:

All high level fighting communities are disgusting which is why despite extremely high watchability there are barely esports scenes to fighters

Haha

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 6, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People who take smash seriously have brain problems, no exceptions.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm a huge fan of the competitive Mario Party scene, Nintendo should do a hd release of Mario Party 3 for the real fans.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm a huge fan of the competitive Mario Party scene, Nintendo should do a hd release of Mario Party 3 for the real fans.

frame perfect Bowser revolution every up

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
double tri red shells
i am now in first place
oh gently caress, a blue shell

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How did he use items did they forget to turn them off and he broke an assumed honor code to ignore them?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

How did he use items did they forget to turn them off and he broke an assumed honor code to ignore them?

Probably was a filthy Diddy Kong player

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The kid asked to use items even though it's not normal, the other guy didn't care cause it wasn't that important of a tourney, kid won, and the community freaked out at the "impurity" of it all.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The kid had nothing to do with whether or not the tourney used items. It was an items on tournament for whatever reason and his character, ROB, was better with items than others. A bunch of smashmorons blamed his victory on that and bullied him into giving up his prize money.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what?! somebody used a character that's better with items on, and won with that character? im getting my brass knuckles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello, has Pokemon Stars for Switch been announced yet?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It might be tomorrow for eight glorious minutes direct to your eyes and ears from Uncle Nintendo

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

My God, it's full of stars!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LethalGeek posted:

People who take smash seriously have brain problems, no exceptions.

this except video games in general.

except arms it is okay to seriously think that game is bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's ok to love a video game but maybe not ok to obsess over it for years and define your personality by video game tribalism.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's ok to hate a video game but maybe not ok to obsess over it for years and define your personality by video game tribalism.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's ok to love a video game but maybe not ok to obsess over it for years and define your personality by video game tribalism.

:yeah:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I can't wait for the 8 minute Nintendo Direct about Magikarp Jump.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I don't think you "get" the console war video games.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My Twitter feed is filled with retweets by Junichi Masuda of every language's announcement so it's going to be something on a console at least.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I double agree with this edit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i'm forever laughing at people being salty about some people not liking a video game :xd:

me: i don't like arms

:salt:: JESUS MAYBE DON'T OBSESS FOR YEARS AND FORM AN IDENTITY AROUND IT

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Same, I'm chortling insanely loud right now as I play a good video game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm having fun reading about theories about the Pokemon direct because a lot of people seem to think there are rules that tell them what will happen.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

The kid had nothing to do with whether or not the tourney used items. It was an items on tournament for whatever reason and his character, ROB, was better with items than others. A bunch of smashmorons blamed his victory on that and bullied him into giving up his prize money.

The kid was also like 14 and was followed around by a group of near and mid 30 year old players until he gave up his prize. After that EVO dropped Smash from the roster of games for quite a few years :lol:

:perfect:
Please make this the OP of the next thread it represents this thread so well

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

can we please stop calling people who have problems with how they act regarding games as having "brain problems"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Would you not say that they have issues with cognitive development?

• Locked thread