Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

every weapon in nongunz works like the rapier in dead cells. guaranteed crit for a short period after a roll. the guaranteed crits witha lvl 2 grenade launcher are pretty spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

nothing more excitijng than some DARK SOULSY MECHANICS IN 2D INDIE GAMES I LOVE THAT poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Those insect(?) things sure got murdered by that goat(?) skeleton(?) thing.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

nothing more excitijng than some DARK SOULSY MECHANICS IN 2D INDIE GAMES I LOVE THAT poo poo

this but unironically

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Building Brown Bricks in Minecrap

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Dead Cells, a game mentioned but not shown in that guys post, is actually insanely epic and one day I'm gonna get around to recording cool game play of it and make some drat believers out of you guys

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

Dead Cells, a game mentioned but not shown in that guys post, is actually insanely epic and one day I'm gonna get around to recording cool game play of it and make some drat believers out of you guys

I've played it and its drat good. Very fluid and fast which is why its confusing to compare it to dark souls.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've played it and its drat good. Very fluid and fast which is why its confusing to compare it to dark souls.

Are you desrcribing a game or a poo poo you took?? LOL

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plebian Parasite posted:

the combat is sooo satisfying, like a 2d nuclear throne. the devs also just released a content patch that fixed a lot of stuff people were complaining about and added a bunch of other cool poo poo for Synergy purposes. devs that listen to there community FTW

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

like a 2d nuclear throne

:how:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

the combat is sooo satisfying, like a 2d nuclear throne. the devs also just released a content patch that fixed a lot of stuff people were complaining about and added a bunch of other cool poo poo for Synergy purposes. devs that listen to there community FTW

a bunch of good games have been destroyed by devs listening to the community as well

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want to play a 3D Nuclear Throne

edit: actually I don't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Doom with random levels?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

2d side scrolling, i mean.. dead cells isnt a twin stick shooter

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

a doom with random levels and guns in the same style as NT that's very easy to jump in and out of is my dream game

NT is awesome but it always makes me think "what if this was an fps"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's exactly what Strafe was supposed to be but I believe the game turned out to be butthole.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

That's exactly what Strafe was supposed to be but I believe the game turned out to be butthole.

i believe it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

someone could probably do it but with like every Roguelike game the run length is way too long. I think the reason NT is so godlike is that you can get to the last level in like 11 minutes and get there with a starting weapon basically. most games ive played are way too long and give you new crap way too slow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

someone could probably do it but with like every Roguelike game the run length is way too long. I think the reason NT is so godlike is that you can get to the last level in like 11 minutes and get there with a starting weapon basically. most games ive played are way too long and give you new crap way too slow

Yeah. I don't want a run length over 15 minutes if there's no saving

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah its full of bullet sponge enemies that are boring to fight and you move like molasses. everything about that game is rear end and it sold itself in its marketing as a return-to-quake style shooter when it's enter the gungeon 3d lmao

In Training posted:

the thing about nuclear throne is that it CAN give you powerful guns that wipe half the screen per shot, because you're always one mistake away from eating it so you feel powerful yet terrified at the same time.

it's harder to do that kind of game in an FPS format but it can be done. new DOOM on higher difficulty settings is basically this but it still has awkward platforming bits and some inconsistent pacing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- air juggling Shirtless Dauragon C. Mikado in The Bouncer

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

extremebuff posted:

yeah its full of bullet sponge enemies that are boring to fight and you move like molasses. everything about that game is rear end and it sold itself in its marketing as a return-to-quake style shooter when it's enter the gungeon 3d lmao

Ziggurat is kind of bad that way too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Ziggurat is kind of bad that way too.

youre a little too slow in ziggurat, lots of bad guns, like 5 different enemies and the boss balance is wack

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played Ziggurat a few times and it was fun enough but I got to the end and didn't really feel any desire to play it again. Agreed that it's just a bit too slow-paced and the guns aren't satisfying enough. also you're supposed to be a badass wizard but instead of the upgrades giving you cool spells you just get like +5% gold ratio and +0.01 mana

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked Tower of Guns more despite the completely baffling decision to only give you one weapon at a time. Quintuple jumping out of the level boundaries and finding hidden areas ftw

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played Ziggurat a few times and it was fun enough but I got to the end and didn't really feel any desire to play it again. Agreed that it's just a bit too slow-paced and the guns aren't satisfying enough. also you're supposed to be a badass wizard but instead of the upgrades giving you cool spells you just get like +5% gold ratio and +0.01 mana

Yeah I quit after I got to the final boss and it was a brutal bullet hell bullet sponge on easy. Game relies way too much on divine providence from the RNG to be fun and could use some gameplay tweaks.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked Tower of Guns more despite the completely baffling decision to only give you one weapon at a time. Quintuple jumping out of the level boundaries and finding hidden areas ftw

tower of guns would be 1000x better if it even had a 2 weapon loadout

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing pharah so well the entire enemy team switches to counter you

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Save scumming the squat minigame in ff7.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I wonder what the frame perfect max squat number is...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jasonmans:

repairing something without a mistake
hitting someone with a knife as jason
successfully trapping someone, on either side
finding the cuckshed
any kill, any escape

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

R. Guyovich posted:

jasonmans:

finding the cuckshed
any kill, any escape

I am probably going to buy this game on Friday (The Ninth).

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

jasonmans:

finding the cuckshed
any kill, any escape

Coming back as Tommy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Liquid Drink posted:

Coming back as Tommy

yeah when I'm sitting there after getting murked by jason like ah gently caress i was so close to the car and the You are Tommy animation starts playing I get so fuckin hype

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Jason belongs in hell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Theoretical Goomba Stomp: Using the sweater + Tommy Jarvis mask machete/mask combo to finish Jason off once and for all

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

rediscover posted:

Theoretical Goomba Stomp: Using the sweater + Tommy Jarvis mask machete/mask combo to finish Jason off once and for all

lol

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Bringing Burns' health down to 0 before the final phase in his boss fight in Vanquish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

rediscover posted: