Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

So you still have to click 8 times to disable the low battery mode which is by far the most frequently needed thing to toggle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
like the new control center but my iPhone won't update anymore so idk if ill get to see it

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I use iOS 9 bc iMessage (the only reason to use iPhone) is mostly not annoying.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ordered new iPad Pro 10.5 and new MacBook Pro 13. thanks tim!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im disappointed they didnt build something like astropad in though. id like to natively use my ipad pro as a second screen. tttiiiimmm

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

emoji posted:

So you still have to click 8 times to disable the low battery mode which is by far the most frequently needed thing to toggle?

if you're on a 6s or later there is a contextual shortcut to batt life on settings icon.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

whoa apple finally made a magic keyboard with a numeric keypad and you can type to siri instead of talking in ios 11

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

please dont say "things are gay" as a bad thing

thx

also notification center is a loving joke - bring someone in who knows UI

bring back forstall

this new watch band is gay af

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

i would jack off with this if someone made the jackoff workout apple watch app

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/stalinfan69/status/871840556787187712

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Pinterest Mom posted:

$49 ($52.55 after tax) is a lot of money for a watch band that will send the wrong message, since I'm not gay, but I think it's a financial burden I am willing to bear.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you may not be, but that watch band is gay as christmas morning

literally

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's a rainbow nato posse in the w&w watch thread

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

incoherent posted:

if you're on a 6s or later there is a contextual shortcut to batt life on settings icon.

I know I use that (only use for force touch lol) and it's still annoying af

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
file manager LOL

though it looks like more of a "Documents" manager for people who insist on using their ipads for productivity stuff.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Doc Block posted:

file manager LOL

though it looks like more of a "Documents" manager for people who insist on using their ipads for productivity stuff.

iPad Productivity

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i am excite for macos jr

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

disgusting

quote:

QR CODE SUPPORT
QR codes aren’t nearly as big in America as they are in other parts of the world, and so Apple has been able to skate by without natively supporting QR codes for a while now. But it looks like the company’s finally changing that by adding QR code support to, likely, the native camera app in iOS 11. Finally — no more bothering with third-party apps once a year when you need to scan a QR code.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Native QR code support in the camera API has existed forever they just left it out of their own UI to force people to download/buy one of hundreds of ad-laden and information stealing jank ones from the App Store.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

in the presentation they implied it would be turned on for china only but who knows

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Last Chance posted:

in the presentation they implied it would be turned on for china only but who knows

They should just put it in because it's not possible to defend its exclusion while they have over the years added tons of excessive gimmicky widgets and Instagram filters to the native camera app.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avfoundation/avmetadatamachinereadablecodeobject

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I haven't scanned a QR code in six years and I've never felt compelled to ever do it again.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is a QR code anything more than those 2d barcodes cause i see those on tickets and poo poo all the time

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qr codes are cool and good

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
the only time i scanned a qr code has been at conventions where you scan the badge of people who visit your booth to get their contact info. in 2017, it feels like an awkward shibboleth, like if we were still "bumping" to trade business cards

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Qr codes are fairly popular in india

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Pinterest Mom posted:

finally i can wear my avatar

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
yea let me just open up my camera and take a picture and have it decode a url and use it to open up safari instead of just telling me that i should go to google and search for "yospos"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Perplx posted:

h.265 on everything

Didn't they already remove h265 support once?

Also lol i guess apple is really committed to not being part of the alliance for​ open media

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Vintersorg posted:

bet you call things gay all the time and for people to stop being fags

Bet you post badly in funy computer forum

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

as an unironic fan of onenote and pens and the surface line i like the ipad pro more and more

also, yeah, qr codes are big in some places, so adding proper support really is just pragmatic

no one in their right mind will spend five thousand dollars on an imac pro though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ComradeCosmobot posted:

yea let me just open up my camera and take a picture and have it decode a url and use it to open up safari instead of just telling me that i should go to google and search for "yospos"

this but unironically for normal, lazy, or high/drunk people. it's a good mechanism if you give user to preview what will happen, and don't pull an anroid with killer qr codes

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

trash can computer survives another press conference

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I think someone stole my SE package from the porch because everyone knows how good they are

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm confused. Is there a new iPad Pro 12.9"? Or is it still the same one that has been out for a while. (Yes I know the 10" one is new)

If so, how was the screen improved? OLED? Higher-res? Both?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Stymie posted:

to sum up the wwdc 2017 keynote:

polishing the iwatch turd to a high gloss
you ever use macos            ON WEED???
jesus christ nobody wants or even likes vr why are you doing this
"if we throw a matte black finish on a lovely imac, that's basically like a mac pro, right?"
ios 11: at least you won't see the awful, blurry design when you're driving now
loving hell, the only thing that's dumber than vr is ar and here it is!
apple surface: just completely making GBS threads all over steve's legacy and not even trying to hide it
tim saw some alexa advertising and panicked again, so here's apple's hastily thrown together competitor

all in all, 100% of all rumors were true once again and ios now has a file manager because why not?

thanks for the summary, i skipped wwdc as did most mentally healthy people

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm confused. Is there a new iPad Pro 12.9"? Or is it still the same one that has been out for a while. (Yes I know the 10" one is new)

If so, how was the screen improved? OLED? Higher-res? Both?

it's new. screen is now 120 hz with true-tone. plus the updated internals

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this is the first ios 11 screenshot i've seen, and i'm laughing my rear end off, irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

it's new. screen is now 120 hz with true-tone. plus the updated internals

oh. New internals isn't a big deal to me. I can't imagine needing the original iPad Pro to be faster. What does 120hz on an LCD do though? I thought that was just TV marketing bullshit and most people turned it off?

edit: it looks like it helps mostly with the Pencil from what I can tell

Did they only add the anti-reflective coating on the new ones? Or did the old ones have it too?

• Locked thread