Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

NoDamage posted:

You'd think the guy that handled the Snowden leak could handle publishing another leak without loving over the source. Although Snowden did go public so maybe they just have no expertise in actually keeping things anonymous...

Unless he wan't interested in protecting that one because the info and narrative it revealed ran counter to his own and thought they had plausible deniability for putting it back on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Even if you don't take the palace intrigue stories seriously there's tons of evidence of a dysfunctional administration.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

She has since the very beginning been giving Trump and his administration waaaaay too much credit. She buys into the 5th dimensional chess poo poo.

They are incompetent morons who all can't stand each other and hope to gain at the others' expense. It's not some elaborate smoke screen, they are bumbling boobs.

She also doesn't recognize that institutions actually are working to save us from Trump and are doing a drat good job because he is soooo awful at everything. But that doesn't fit her narrative that we are one turn away from full fascism.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the recusal, however flagrantly violated, led to the mueller appointment and the mueller appointment would never have happened without it

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

I don't want to be all Occam's Razor, but it seems more likely Maddow is recovering from like, cosmetic surgery, than that Russia poisoned her with polonium.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

You guys are freaking me out here, there's not actually a legit chance of Maddow being literally poisoned by Russians right? Maybe the most prominent liberal journalist in America dying mysteriously seems incredibly risky even for covert ops

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

You guys are freaking me out here, there's not actually a legit chance of Maddow being literally poisoned by Russians right? Maybe the most prominent liberal journalist in America dying mysteriously seems incredibly risky even for covert ops

Not really. The symptoms she very briefly described don't seem to match Russian journalist poisonings and I doubt they would have kept it quiet this long.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If there was no recusal we wouldn't have Mueller. I think this is overstating the 'cunning' being used here, and it's more just that it's X staffer trying to poo poo on Y staffer more than anything else. The normal shitbird knife-fighting and not that likely to shift employment.

Besides, who would take the job?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Holy moly no she hasn't been poloniumed. She's hardly the most important person in the chain on all the Russia stuff, and crazy high profile and the Russians aren't poisoning anyone but their own anyway.

It's probably something like this

follow that camel!! posted:

I don't want to be all Occam's Razor, but it seems more likely Maddow is recovering from like, cosmetic surgery, than that Russia poisoned her with polonium.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is dumb. The subset of Americans who care about Comey's testimony, although almost certainly smaller than it needs to be, aren't going to be somehow too distracted by an NYT story hinting at palace intruiges. Unless she's suggesting that Comey's In On It and is going to give a purposefully defanged testimony? But that's stupid in its own right because if Comey's In On It then there was no reason for this theater of firing him in the first place.

Trump Is A Bad Man With Fascist Tendencies and Trump Is A Stumbling Loon Who Couldn't Find His Own rear end With Both Hands And A Map are not mutually exclusive platforms.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

follow that camel!! posted:

What about her last full show? She definitely had a hoarse voice.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

Putin only murders 'traitors' and nowadays he just shoots them in broad daylight at the Kremlin while media speculate who could've possibly murdered this vocal Putin critic.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Not really. The symptoms she very briefly described don't seem to match Russian journalist poisonings and I doubt they would have kept it quiet this long.

Also if she actually had been poisoned she'd probably be very, very dead.

Or in a coma. There's some notable Russian who has been poisoned and, loving somehow, survived it twice. He's been pretty hosed up both times though.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

could you imagine Trump trying to negotiate a peace agreement or something that requires nuance?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Trump is one gigantic recency bias. There's no need to try and figure out if something is a scheme, just see ihow much time he dpends with Sessions.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I mean, I'm filing it as a Trump conspiracy to needle "Hillary murdered 70 people" loons even after she recovers, but yeah.

Fun fact: Trump murdered at least three workers involved in New York transportation and construction strikes, and probably more union members in general. Tell your friends.

Also all the Russian spies and diplomats that have caught sudden cases of disappeared or dead, but he or his minions might actually have burned some of those as American or allied assets :v:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

I've never seen that kind of printout on any color laser or inkjet I've used

And what happens when the yellow ink runs out?

I bet you've used one of the 130+ printers or copiers marked "yes" on this list: https://www.eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots

And those are just the ones confirmed by EFF :nsa:

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

mynnna posted:

Also if she actually had been poisoned she'd probably be very, very dead.

Or in a coma. There's some notable Russian who has been poisoned and, loving somehow, survived it twice. He's been pretty hosed up both times though.

There is that. Up until Friday there wasn't any real indication that her organs weren't shutting down while she was at death's door. From that guy's descriptions she probably would not have been able to do an hour long broadcast after being poisoned.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

evilweasel posted:

the recusal, however flagrantly violated, led to the mueller appointment and the mueller appointment would never have happened without it

Exactly.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 6, 2017

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bottom Liner posted:

Exactly. Louise Mensch is a moron.

It was a Sarah Kendzior tweet.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sorry, got their photos mixed up while scrolling quickly to catch up.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jeez, Maddow probably just has strep or something, I dunno. She's not been poisoned by the KGB.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Teddybear posted:

Jeez, Maddow probably just has strep or something, I dunno. She's not been poisoned by the KGB.

Well, *yeah*.

They're called the FSB now.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

People were joking about polonium but we live in the crazy troll timeline so we half expect it to be real.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Trump is old and incredibly unhealthy and may be slipping mentally, plus he has zero critical thinking ability and no original thoughts. This is how Trump functions:

1.) What gets me the most positive attention?
2.) gently caress anyone who disrespected me in the slightest or was disloyal.
3.) Oh they were nice to me and had good ideas, let's go with that.

There is no chess, nor even checkers being played. The left hand (Congress) doesn't know what the right hand (Trump admin) is doing and Trump himself (prostate) is a narcissistic moron constantly loving everything up because he MUST respond to everything.

Our beloved President wakes up early, watches Fox and Friends while furiously tweeting in synch with them. He is your racist half-senile grandpa.

"The Emperor Has No Close" was the most accurate thread title. He's a disinterested lazy imbecile who is surrounded by advisers and a GOP Congress that's happy to tell him what a handsome lad he is.

Thankfully, that appears to be cracking.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Teddybear posted:

This is a longass time to be sick and no one's saying what's wrong.

I'm fairly certain that she's dead and MSNBC is trying to cover it up for ratings.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/871911211289456641

So what's that now, healthcare, infrastructure, and taxes via reconciliation?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aurubin posted:

And 0/3 will pass

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Aurubin posted:

DEMOCRATIC OBSTRUCTION :doom:

no seriously that will be the narrative

GOP has majorities but it's the Dems fault

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ekster posted:

People were joking about polonium but we live in the crazy troll timeline so we half expect it to be real.
Printers secretly watermark all our documents. That's loving bonkers!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why go through a protracted negotiation for every bill when you can just write one 5000 page bill with everything you want in it and pass it through reconciliation?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ballz posted:

It was a Sarah Kendzior tweet.

Still not wrong tho.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but can't they only move one bill per year through reconciliation?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pellisworth posted:

no seriously that will be the narrative

What narrative? Is there any indication the republicans are actually the ones shaping the narrative right now? Fox has dropped and dropped from first to second to third (is it still at 3rd?) in just a few months, breitbart dropped to like a bajillion in hits from like the top 100 sites to not even on any list anymore. A bunch of the big voices of the republican narrative either died or lost their jobs in the last 4 months.

There is still right wing media, it still exists, but I'm not really sure you can just go by what they say and expect that to be "the narrative" like you could a year ago when they were top of the world.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

haveblue posted:

Why go through a protracted negotiation for every bill when you can just write one 5000 page bill with everything you want in it and pass it through reconciliation?
Attach tax cuts and Obamacare repeal as riders to the transportation bill

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but can't they only move one bill per year through reconciliation?

One per topic

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Josh Lyman posted:

Printers secretly watermark all our documents. That's loving bonkers!

What's great is that everyone just blamed greedy printer manufacturers for printers refusing to print black and white
When the color cartridge is empty.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

maybe. but trump doesnt strike me as that much of tactical thinker. maybe he is, but that would be going against what he has done all his life. this isnt a loving 5-D chess thinking.

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is dumb. The subset of Americans who care about Comey's testimony, although almost certainly smaller than it needs to be, aren't going to be somehow too distracted by an NYT story hinting at palace intruiges. Unless she's suggesting that Comey's In On It and is going to give a purposefully defanged testimony? But that's stupid in its own right because if Comey's In On It then there was no reason for this theater of firing him in the first place.

Trump Is A Bad Man With Fascist Tendencies and Trump Is A Stumbling Loon Who Couldn't Find His Own rear end With Both Hands And A Map are not mutually exclusive platforms.

this. he picked a terrible cabinet and advisers that he has no loyalty to and they all hate each other and now many hate him. everyone except trump and maybe bannon/conway, know this admin is the Hindenburg and is gonna crash and burn. i can believe shits going down and no one knows what anyone is doing.

yonah
May 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
old, fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pellisworth posted:

"The Emperor Has No Close" was the most accurate thread title. He's a disinterested lazy imbecile who is surrounded by advisers and a GOP Congress that's happy to tell him what a handsome lad he is.

Bingo.

It was never worth freaking out over Trump as a fascist because Trump isn't a fascist, or a nationalist, or literally anything other than a narcissistic bigot who may or may not be suffering from early stages of dementia. Worry about the people he's appointed like Sessions, Pruitt, and DeVos, because they can all cause legitimate and long term harm and don't have the same checks on them that Trump does.

Obviously Trump can do a lot of damage too, but it's not because he's got some nefarious long term strategy. If Trump does something above and beyond what you'd expect from any Republican it's not going to be a big evil plot, it's going to be a spur of the moment thing that catches even his inner circle off guard (like firing Comey). He's just an idiot being manipulated by everyone around him and sometimes he lashes out by doing something really loving stupid.

• Locked thread