Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hustlin Floh posted:

All pokemon now experience real pain when they battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2tqDVdM3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This bothered me when I first watched it. :ohdear: I'm glad the dub changed it to sound more like struggling instead of painful shrieking. That would have freaked out a lot of kids.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I can't wait to not be able to find a Switch in-stock until the next console gen.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can 3DS even communicate with the Switch in any way as is? That part of the 'leak' or whatever seems the least likely. But at least it would be a quick fix for the 3DS forward bank problem they'll have.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hrist posted:

Can 3DS even communicate with the Switch in any way as is? That part of the 'leak' or whatever seems the least likely. But at least it would be a quick fix for the 3DS forward bank problem they'll have.

Actually the recently announced Monster Hunter XX for Switch has cross play and cross save with the 3DS versions.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Why can't anyone just let a surprise be a surprise anymore? Leaks are for squares.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's a fun rumor

https://twitter.com/pdwinnall/status/871836963799805952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKNDGQVZ5w&lc=z125crj40xm4hpxb104cidkairqjjtni3mw0k

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If it's a remake I hope it shakes things up a bit compared to Alpha/Omega.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope there's another time skip and Red is like in his mid 30s by this point

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Raserys posted:

I hope there's another time skip and Red is like in his mid 30s by this point
I hope Red keeps showing up in later games the same way Cynthia does, to ambush you with a perfectly-trained 80+ team.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Dehry posted:

Actually the recently announced Monster Hunter XX for Switch has cross play and cross save with the 3DS versions.

To be more specific, both 3DS and Switch versions of MHXX can play together over the internet, but not over local. Save transferring is done differently depending on the source and target I think.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

dungeon cousin posted:

Alola sequel?

https://pokejungle.net/2017/06/05/rumor-pokemon-stars-leaks/

I was mistaken. The code actually expires in August if you still want it.

Yeah, I can still use it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Reinanigans posted:

Crazy Diamond and Pearl Jam, winter 2017, 3DS only, bet.

IF there's going to be a Stars on Switch, it'll be mentioned in the E3 direct next week.

No way. They never do big Pokemon announcements at E3. They've gotten into the habit of doing their big announcements in a Direct with CoroCoro not too long after.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

PSWII60 posted:

Yeah, I can still use it.

I'm getting a message saying I can't PM you.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

dungeon cousin posted:

I'm getting a message saying I can't PM you.

Odd, I was able to pm you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

less laughter posted:

yeah and you came up with this entirely by yourself and not after you saw the Gladion leak eh

yeah? i've been thinking this for days and nobody is stupid enough to believe that lovely picture of a photoshop?

Heck, I don't even know if "stars" would be the Switch game or the other way around. I'm kinda thinking a new SM version could be next year while this year gets, say, DPPt remakes and each console has one version. Or if the new SM version is Switch-exclusive it'll look about the same as the photoshops running around but not actually be them.

heck, why not become truly convoluted? Crazy Diamond and Pearl Jam for 3DS and reremakes of Red and Blue for Switch. Get all the crowds that'll watch the new movie.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 6, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The direct is just going to be an 8 minute long demonstration of Pokemon Snap 2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Nintendo releases a patch which does nothing other than remove Baton Pass from the game, and increase Eviolite's potency from +50% to +100%.

you fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The direct is just going to be an 8 minute long demonstration of Pokemon Snap 2.

sold

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
time diamond/space pearl for 3ds, anti platinum for switch

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

time diamond/space pearl for 3ds, anti platinum for switch

if they made an hd sprites + gen 7 remake of pokemon mystery dungeon tds, the switch would go from "interesting toy" to "required hardware" for me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm starting to buy into the Stars rumor just because there hasn't been a last minute leak yet (already leaked.)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'd love to see a Switch mainline game but unfortunately I think Pokemon GO 2 is fairly likely too. Apple showed off a video of improved Pokemon capture AR at WWDC last night, and if that's actually part of a real product now would be the time to announce it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Why does it have to be only one product? FE got Echoes, Heroes, and teasers for Warriors and Switch, no reason Pokémon couldn't get Stars/Remakes and more GO.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Why does it have to be only one product? FE got Echoes, Heroes, and teasers for Warriors and Switch, no reason Pokémon couldn't get Stars/Remakes and more GO.

The Pokemon direct is less than half the length.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
PSA: if you're like me and registered and mechanically played 3 battles in the last tournament just to get the "free" mega stones, you can now claim them via global link (it gives you a mystery gift code).

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Got back into Moon the past couple weeks, I never got past Melemele island after I got the game around Christmas. I've become the champion and the Red/Blue encounter was a really neat touch.

I know there's parallels in previous games, but it's still hilarious to just be going around and popping these peoples' island demigods into a little ball.

I never caught it the first time around because of how the plot moves, so I only just had the Ula'ula recycling centre encounter, which is exactly the right level of goofy Pokemon writing. I never realised it as a kid playing Crystal, but I love the level of thought that goes into (some aspects) of the worldbuilding. The idea that Grimers/Muks don't have liquid pollution to eat, so they eat garbage instead, which has endangered the trubbish/garbodor population, is a nice touch and hits upon the whole balance of nature theme of the game.

edit: in case it interests, the Hall of Fame team:

Ishi, the Decidueye
Kaj, the Vikavolt
Halkias, the Probopass
Exxon, the Muk (Alola)
Feldman, the Magmar (not as cute as Magby though)
Hera, the Wailord

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 6, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NRVNQSR posted:

I'd love to see a Switch mainline game but unfortunately I think Pokemon GO 2 is fairly likely too. Apple showed off a video of improved Pokemon capture AR at WWDC last night, and if that's actually part of a real product now would be the time to announce it.

If anything they'll put that in an update, mobile games don't really do sequels.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Go's dead until they put in battling and trading. Even then, I think the iron's cooled too much. The fad's died again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Go's dead until they put in battling and trading. Even then, I think the iron's cooled too much. The fad's died again.

The fad is dead but I'm pretty sure it has more people playing it at the moment than any 3DS Pokemon.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's something to do while I walk places, but yeah, they released a game that had 10% of its content and 50% of its stability, it doesn't have much to keep people hooked.

But like most mobile games, they're held afloat by crazy people dropping thousands on them so they can have the very best Pokemon sitting in Gyms forever.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrhSB3vz7A

Direct in 10 minutes!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's definitely going to be remakes, I think ORAS was announced at a similar time?

I really just want DPP turned to glory, they were my faves and got me really into Pokemon, and that was over 11 years ago now

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

it's definitely going to be remakes, I think ORAS was announced at a similar time?

I really just want DPP turned to glory, they were my faves and got me really into Pokemon, and that was over 11 years ago now

ORAS was like February, I think.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

HAPPENING

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yup, it's Pokemon for the Switch

e: first of the games for the Switch?!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lol it's pokken.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

This commercial takes place in the nicest hostel ever made

Wait what the gently caress we get half a frame for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon what what

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 6, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

UltraSun and UltraMoon!! they just snuck that in there right at the end lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hahahah knew it, mainline pokemon stays on 3DS more and some other thing on Switch.