Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I drunkingly bought the Skorpion G. I cannot loving win in this tank despite doing amazing in it. 40% win rate after 16 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Most likely you got put on the teams with less Skorpions and Defenders or the one without competent light tanks. I am tempted to buy one too buy I already own a JT88, e-25 and I think 2 more premium German TDs.
I honestly get more annoyed by the Swedish stealth bomber TDs anyway, gently caress those spotting mechanics, gonna buy me one of those once I got a 3rd mission female for it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Barry posted:

It would be nice if in-game stats were gone. I feel like you'd just generally have a better time if you're blissfully unaware of how large the tomato vine on your team is. I think it would lead to generally better games, because you wouldn't get those "well XVM says this is a 49% chance, I'm just going to play like a retard because it's already over" idiots.

However, if you're relying upon someone to make the right move at the right time (that requires some modicum of rational thought and situational awareness) and they're a total windowlicker, it might make it extra frustrating.

Seeing stats after game would be nice so you could then go and poke at the baddies.

On the one hand I enjoy the game more when I do not have XVM installed. On the other hand I do better with it installed. Therefore I choose improved WR over enjoyment. What was the question again :suicide:?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
ranked battles was cool untill i lost a rank made it to 3 then lost back to scrub lvl 2 FML AND THIS GAME TOO as always

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mesadoram posted:

I drunkingly bought the Skorpion G. I cannot loving win in this tank despite doing amazing in it. 40% win rate after 16 games.

The problem is from far away it loving rocks. You can farm the bejesus out of everyone. Once your team sucks hard enough a flank folds and the enemy gets close enough to spot you which isn't hard since your camo is poo poo, you're pretty much screwed

Got my first ever bombardier medal tonight thanks to a low health Indien Panzer and a Defender that decided to push the flank on Steppes rather than go support the rest of their team

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 6, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

ranked battles was cool untill i lost a rank made it to 3 then lost back to scrub lvl 2 FML AND THIS GAME TOO as always

You need to win net 15 games in a week to lock in rank 5. 15 more wins than losses, and you can't stockpile losses at the start either, so you're not screwed if you start off with a terrible losing streak. Unfortunately the ranked battle mode is yet another game mode that Wargaming doesn't bother to support so it just dies on the vine. No daily missions, no personal missions, no platoons - no idea if personal/clan reserves work but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Wargaming seriously doesn't give a poo poo about supporting their new game modes or are just too stupid to realize that they're the reason their new game modes fail.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't get why they even made that game mode, either add MMR to random battles or let it bet. Splitting the playerbase further is just gonna be bad.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hellsau posted:

You need to win net 15 games in a week to lock in rank 5. 15 more wins than losses, and you can't stockpile losses at the start either, so you're not screwed if you start off with a terrible losing streak. Unfortunately the ranked battle mode is yet another game mode that Wargaming doesn't bother to support so it just dies on the vine. No daily missions, no personal missions, no platoons - no idea if personal/clan reserves work but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Wargaming seriously doesn't give a poo poo about supporting their new game modes or are just too stupid to realize that they're the reason their new game modes fail.

Good, gently caress the special snowflake equipment

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

I don't get why they even made that game mode, either add MMR to random battles or let it bet. Splitting the playerbase further is just gonna be bad.

I'm OK with splitting off the 10s in a separate game mode while I'm pretty much exclusively trying to grind 8s & 9s.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You're only saying that until you have a mission where you need to kill a heavy tank two tiers higher than you. Cursed be my limited selection of non-tier10 tanks.
In skycancer news, 6 or 7 games yesterday where I ended up #4 or #5 in xp, missing like one more hit to be #3 for that lovely mission.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

Most likely you got put on the teams with less Skorpions and Defenders or the one without competent light tanks. I am tempted to buy one too buy I already own a JT88, e-25 and I think 2 more premium German TDs.
I honestly get more annoyed by the Swedish stealth bomber TDs anyway, gently caress those spotting mechanics, gonna buy me one of those once I got a 3rd mission female for it.

What's wrong with the Swedish TDs? They lose most of their camo when firing even with a camo net and crew. If they are spotted they are easy damage for most guns >= 120mm. Their alpha is low for a T10 TD. They do have great DPM, but that's about all they have.

Atomizer posted:

I'm OK with splitting off the 10s in a separate game mode while I'm pretty much exclusively trying to grind 8s & 9s.

It was nice having less T10 games last night than normal for a 3 man platoon.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I often don't seem to be able to spot them when playing medium tanks, I tried rushing one after I roughly knew where he was but he just damaged me too much before I got close enough to fight back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ranked battles are only on US East, what in the motherfucking world

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LOL WARGAMING AMIRITE

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/tank-rewards-june-2017/

The stated missions amount to 62 points, I wonder what nefarious bullshit they'll have in store for the other 30 possible.

Anyway pretty standard stuff.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't think anyone managed to get the spotting damage mission last time because they lowered the requirements from 5 x 50k to 10 x 10k.

Edit: Ugh. They changed the homepage layout to that windows 10 tile horseshit.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 6, 2017

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Hellsau posted:

So rank 5 is like holding to a 58 - 60% wr out over time, but you have to pull it in 7 days, so that would probably be a minimum of 50 games with 30 wins, unless you scored top 3 in a portion of those 20 losses or whatever. And then there are vehicle ranks and stuff.

I really wish NA had the population to support a longer ranked window.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lol if you play ranked

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

worldoftanks.com posted:

World of Tanks is a cult MMO game

What does this even mean?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

McGavin posted:

Either that (a) it is a popular but underappreciated/acknowledged mmo or (b) they fully expect their players to drink whatever kool-aid they serve.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

McGavin posted:

How do we market in NA while preparing people for our low active player count?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Strike Anywhere posted:

How do we market in NA while preparing people for our low active player count?

We're preparing to kill off all our remaining players.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Look who I had the pleasure of running into.

Poor guy went on to die early, I had a decent game.

What's that, despite dying early, he ended up being 3rd in damage right after me and a VK 3001P? :suicide:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

"our game at best will waste your time and at worst ruin your life and kill you (rip poshybrid) but hey, our offshoot games are even worse."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

LOL WARGAMING AMIRITE

urite

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, I killed him yesterday. He's playing on NA West it looks like.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Indien-Panzer or M46 Patton? I like both the Pershing and Vk D.

...Or T57 Heavy?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

thylacine posted:

Indien-Panzer or M46 Patton? I like both the Pershing and Vk D.

...Or T57 Heavy?

The M46 Patton is my second favorite tank behind the E50. I would definitely pick the M46.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

well i really like it and it makes me mad when i lose so i do hope it dies because its limited time play thing bullshit so id rather just not have it at all with that

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The way things are going, they'll be selling the bond-only equipment in $49.99 packages in six months.

5000g, 60d premium, and your choice of a ~speshul~ piece of equipment. Or they'll go the Warships path and put them inside random containers as ultra-rare drops for $5 apiece.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The way things are going, they'll be selling the bond-only equipment in $49.99 packages in six months.

5000g, 60d premium, and your choice of a ~speshul~ piece of equipment. Or they'll go the Warships path and put them inside random containers as ultra-rare drops for $5 apiece.

oh loving god drat it you're almost certainly correct and the "fully loaded" premium tank bundles are going to come with improved equipment soon :(

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

You're only saying that until you have a mission where you need to kill a heavy tank two tiers higher than you. Cursed be my limited selection of non-tier10 tanks.

Nah, I really don't give a gently caress about those missions. I just play and I'll complete 'em eventually. Besides, there's still poo poo like "kill 3 TDs" missions where you constantly get in battles with <3 TDs or whatever. gently caress it, this game is aggravating enough as it is without getting all worked up about those loving mission requirements.

Besides, there are vehicles that I'm grinding that are OK as bottom-tier (generally things with enough pen like TDs) but others that are lovely and need all the help they can get (e.g. the VTU that I just finished.) I'd love to be able to trade same-tier battles in certain tanks for bottom-tier in others.

HFX posted:

What's wrong with the Swedish TDs? They lose most of their camo when firing even with a camo net and crew. If they are spotted they are easy damage for most guns >= 120mm. Their alpha is low for a T10 TD. They do have great DPM, but that's about all they have.

Tahirovic posted:

I often don't seem to be able to spot them when playing medium tanks, I tried rushing one after I roughly knew where he was but he just damaged me too much before I got close enough to fight back.

They still have a ridiculous amount of camo, like >50% stationary non-firing. They're also kind of niche I guess, in that they have to play the back-line CHAI-sniper which can be boring and/or situational. Also the armor is bullshit, pretty much exclusively being autobounce vs. overmatch (except of course the lower tiers which are all just paper.)

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ranked battles are only on US East, what in the motherfucking world

Working As Intended Comrade! :troll:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I made some ok progress on the SPG missions for the 3rd tank, think I am on 13 already and I only got the T28 Concept on sunday or so. Conq GC is still a very good arty with it's big arc, just the damage is a bit low and penetrations super random. I did have a 4.8k dmg loss in it yesterday that was fun, got one shots on two mediums.

They do make the game way more annoying tough, at least I feel I rage more than I usually do. "Allies need to do 800 damage to a tank you immobilized" loving SHOT THAT THING.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can anyone sum up the new things since I stopped playing 8 months ago?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

They brought over the one thing missing from pvp in other MMORPGs that players love; CC/stunlock.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Freakin sweet

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

They released even more OP premiums after the Skorpion G: Liberte, Patriot, and Defender. They also revamped the light tank lines to give them the same matchmaking as any other tank and added in T9 & T10 light tanks. Although most of the T9 lights are just the old T8 lights shifted up a tier.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 7, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They introduced a currency you can only earn in tier 10 battles. For now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Are you schizophrenic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Also they half-fixed the match maker, and you don't keep getting the same map over and over! :toot:

But you still can get bottom tier constantly and mediums and heavies count the same when MM is putting matches together. :suicide: