Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Farm Sunday and Tuesday dailies for xp as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah I'll farm them more when my stash of eggs starts to run dry. I still have 22 Majors, 78 Greaters and 200 Regulars after taking Selphie from 1-65 and Tyro the rest of the way to 65. Did a first completion of all the stages today though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Another D220 down. That was really smooth!

Griz
May 21, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I'll farm them more when my stash of eggs starts to run dry. I still have 22 Majors, 78 Greaters and 200 Regulars after taking Selphie from 1-65 and Tyro the rest of the way to 65. Did a first completion of all the stages today though.

never not farm exp dailies

the hardest one is a major egg worth of exp every two hours.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sigh, had a perfect Apoc run going right up until the final counter flare, evidently some mitigation fell off (this game *really* loving needs some kind of timers for that) and it instagibbed 5 level 99 characters from 100% health.

What a lame-rear end way to lose mastery.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sigh, had a perfect Apoc run going right up until the final counter flare, evidently some mitigation fell off (this game *really* loving needs some kind of timers for that) and it instagibbed 5 level 99 characters from 100% health.

What a lame-rear end way to lose mastery.

I lost mastery because everyone survived, but our Penelo didn't dance once the entire fight and we missed both medals. I ended up bringing in a Cait Sith for dancing/Pulse Kindness use.

edit: \/\/\/\/ And how! Exdeath is the star this time. And Krile, lots of Kriles.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 5, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Will indomitable blade trigger omniscients return?

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Yes. Any physical damage in any form will cause it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My Eiko saved the Apocalypse Omniscient run thanks to Guardian Mog's Last Stand.

It was pretty satisfying watching his dying Ultimate Flare trigger eight Last Stands all at once.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

God dammit, 1 hit away from mastering Apoc and some fuckin' pubbie waited all that time to sneak in a physical attack at the last second and reset him as a troll. Why the gently caress would they design a boss like this, they 100% knew people would do that.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
SP Apoc felt and probably is easier than earlier ones. Despite the counter warning went in with the usual melee team and punched him to death with RW wall.

Main problem I'd assume is a ton of people getting paralyzed but the chance for it didn't seem that high. I got hit by the attack twice and had one paralyze, no resist used.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

SP Apoc felt and probably is easier than earlier ones. Despite the counter warning went in with the usual melee team and punched him to death with RW wall.

Main problem I'd assume is a ton of people getting paralyzed but the chance for it didn't seem that high. I got hit by the attack twice and had one paralyze, no resist used.

It was the easiest one yet by far. Had the debuffing duo of Vaan and Agrias doing Ark Blast and Cleansing Strike while Orlandeau charged up OSB with Engulfing Twinstrike. Mind Blast went off twice, paralyzing one character the first time and two the second, but was able to Ultra Cure them and recover.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

What's the deal with ultimate ++ goods mimic gimmick? Am I supposed to bring the spells he casts and cast them on him? Is there any way to mitigate the damage without pissing him off?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Zonko_T.M. posted:

What's the deal with ultimate ++ goods mimic gimmick? Am I supposed to bring the spells he casts and cast them on him? Is there any way to mitigate the damage without pissing him off?

No, the spell mimic gimmick is just that, a gimmick. It's there to honor Gogo's mime origins and as a side challenge for those who might care to do it that way. The regular way to do the fight is to get an action in before he casts Flare, at which point he "enrages" and behaves like any other 180 difficulty boss.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did it, I beat my first d180 by itself! :D

Beat the FFT d180 too! yay

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 5, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

All nightmares down, woo!

Man necrophobe and CPU were much easier than I expected. Guardian was still a slog.

Now to master valigarmanda and maybe Kaiser...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Urgh, the Gogo Cid's Mission is really rough, and my lack of FFV SBs is really hurting. It's almost bearable up til his last 30% or so where he goes nuts and starts double-flinging AoEs everywhere.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Any suggestions for spending Gysahl Greens? I was thinking Weekly 1x Mythril > Weekly Major Orbs necessary to hone Full Break > Stamina Shards for now.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah these CMs have experienced kind of a nuts ramp-up. I went from being able to do pretty much every CM to not being able to do like the last 5, and my synergy isn't terrible in most of those realms.

It's starting to feel like CMs are geared more towards the super-whales, because there are just way too many restrictive gimmicks and insane damage output to be able to tackle them like the older ones. Hell, there have been plenty of CMs that I've done where I only had one or two SBs for the realm, and sometimes they weren't even good ones.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

BGrifter posted:

Any suggestions for spending Gysahl Greens? I was thinking Weekly 1x Mythril > Weekly Major Orbs necessary to hone Full Break > Stamina Shards for now.

Only buy 1 stamina shard or 6 (probably not worth it).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't spend greens on the stamina shards, they're a huge waste. 2 extra stamina for the price of 55 major orbs is a ripoff.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah these CMs have experienced kind of a nuts ramp-up. I went from being able to do pretty much every CM to not being able to do like the last 5, and my synergy isn't terrible in most of those realms.

It's starting to feel like CMs are geared more towards the super-whales, because there are just way too many restrictive gimmicks and insane damage output to be able to tackle them like the older ones. Hell, there have been plenty of CMs that I've done where I only had one or two SBs for the realm, and sometimes they weren't even good ones.

I am no whale, but I somewhat disagree about how much RS you need. I cleared the IV CM with just Kain BSB, Golbez BSB and Rosa's lovely unique, though I basically just got lucky with a really good RW.

It took a lot of luck though. I have great VIII RS so I won't count that for this conversation, but V is a certain skip for me. I only have Greg relics and no one else leveled.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't spend greens on the stamina shards, they're a huge waste. 2 extra stamina for the price of 55 major orbs is a ripoff.

1 is worth it six is not.

(If you clear all content, you'll end with 4/5 stamina shards and this has been the case for months and will be as far into the future as we can see through JP.)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

I am no whale, but I somewhat disagree about how much RS you need. I cleared the IV CM with just Kain BSB, Golbez BSB and Rosa's lovely unique, though I basically just got lucky with a really good RW.

It took a lot of luck though. I have great VIII RS so I won't count that for this conversation, but V is a certain skip for me. I only have Greg relics and no one else leveled.

There is definitely some luck involved, and one good strong SB can let you squeak by. Lately the CMs have just been really leaning towards strong elemental gimmicks, and those feel like you either need to have the "right" relics (through good luck or whaling) or extremely good hones. I'm probably also a bit biased because I keep running into CMs that just completely blank the SBs I have, like the VIII CM being immune to earth when one of my only good magic SBs in that realm did earth damage.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CaptainPsyko posted:

1 is worth it six is not.

(If you clear all content, you'll end with 4/5 stamina shards and this has been the case for months and will be as far into the future as we can see through JP.)

Good to know! I've still got a ton of story content to clear but I'll keep it in the back of my mind for later if a week with no Major Orbs I'm ready to use syncs up with a day the stamina refresh would be helpful.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

There is definitely some luck involved, and one good strong SB can let you squeak by. Lately the CMs have just been really leaning towards strong elemental gimmicks, and those feel like you either need to have the "right" relics (through good luck or whaling) or extremely good hones. I'm probably also a bit biased because I keep running into CMs that just completely blank the SBs I have, like the VIII CM being immune to earth when one of my only good magic SBs in that realm did earth damage.

In my experience a medica relic, BSB or not, is probably the biggest boost towards any CM. RWing Shantotto or Lulu (and the other similar BSBs) have been key for a lot of the recent bosses to hit those oddball changing weaknesses​. Aside from that I never even bother with wall or whatever.

YMMV but I generally like trying to figure out the CMs because the game's easy as pie as is and these are the only things that require a lot of thought.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mote Dungeons just came out again.

Beat Dahaka fairly easily, but Ahriman looks really dicey. Hits like a fuckin truck even through mitigations.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Beat Dahaka fairly easily, but Ahriman looks really dicey. Hits like a fuckin truck even through mitigations.

It's really silly that Dr. Mog doesn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure Mote Ahriman can be blinded and poisoned. Getting a blind up early helps to mitigate all the physical damage and avoid getting petrified, meaning you can drop Protectga/ATK debuffs and focus on magical mitigation.

Poison is less helpful, but it's pretty nice if you eventually want to tackle the CM - Desch's physical skillset gets a chance to shine and the extra ticks of damage do add up.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 6, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Mote Ifrit is the only one I haven't mastered yet, and I'm trying to figure out my best way to tackle it. It seems wall is useless, so I'm kind of torn between RW something like Mog's USB for last stand/heal/etc. and something like Setzer's BSB to stack debuffs. I don't have great ice options, but I can load up Shanttotto with the honed ice witch skills and try to get into her BSB quickly. I've got a Squall en-ice unique I could probably try to spam as well, and maybe use OK to buff both of them and load him up with Chain Blizzaga.

Every past time I've attempted the fight he's killed someone usually before I have a chance to act, so I'm not really sure whats my best option.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Mote Ifrit is the only one I haven't mastered yet, and I'm trying to figure out my best way to tackle it. It seems wall is useless, so I'm kind of torn between RW something like Mog's USB for last stand/heal/etc. and something like Setzer's BSB to stack debuffs. I don't have great ice options, but I can load up Shanttotto with the honed ice witch skills and try to get into her BSB quickly. I've got a Squall en-ice unique I could probably try to spam as well, and maybe use OK to buff both of them and load him up with Chain Blizzaga.

Every past time I've attempted the fight he's killed someone usually before I have a chance to act, so I'm not really sure whats my best option.

Wall isn't useless at all - his only piercing move is Punch, and he spends most of his time spamming Firajas and Meteors anyway - but if you don't have a source of haste on your DPS (and, hopefully, your healer(s)), you might as well kiss victory goodbye.

Thing is, it's a lot better to blitz him down, which does mean forgoing wall if you don't have it native. Consider RWing an Edea BSB and burning through that way. Equip fire resist accessories on your whole team if you have them, and consider any Wrathable/Lifesiphonable source of Magic Blink you have access to; he pumps out so much damage so quickly that you want to nullify as much of it as you can.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Squall BSB2 is probably a good RW option now too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pichupal posted:

It's really silly that Dr. Mog doesn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure Mote Ahriman can be blinded and poisoned. Getting a blind up early helps to mitigate all the physical damage and avoid getting petrified, meaning you can drop Protectga/ATK debuffs and focus on magical mitigation.

Poison is less helpful, but it's pretty nice if you eventually want to tackle the CM - Desch's physical skillset gets a chance to shine and the extra ticks of damage do add up.

What the hell, why don't they mention this? I had to turn the game off when he petrified two people with his first two turns.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Regarding the stamina shards, buy one when you're at 4/5 for a stamina refresh. That's when they're worth the 10k greens. You get 5 at that cost, then the rest aren't so much worth it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I ended up with a bunch of greens and bought out the rest of the 10k shards and one 100k but that's it for me

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If you want to cheese him, I beat him without Wall or a healing BSB by taking Alphinaud as my RW and using three support/healers, a RW mage and Thunder God. It went pretty quickly.

I'm thinking of doing Mote Ifrit again even though it's mastered, just because I have Serah BSB and Reynn BSB and Squall BSB2 now and I crave revenge.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Finally mastered mote Ifrit, after deciding to just rely on Fujin/Shanttotto/OK with Eiko and Vanille tag-team healing. I used a Setzer BSB combined with OK holding Full and Magic BD, and Fujin with her burst breakdowns. He wound up becoming super manageable, it just took a little while relying on Shanttotto BSB/Chain Blizzaga/Ice Witch spells as the only ice damage.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I did it, I beat my first d180 by itself! :D

Beat the FFT d180 too! yay

Is that a benched Raines I see? Hmm...

Well done, good luck with Mote dungeons. Save Ifrit for last as he's by far the hardest.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm about ready to throw in the towel for Cid's Mission Gogo. I have Lenna's mini-Shout and Bartz/Gilgamesh's SSBs. So no additional mitigation options or Medicas, which means that he just destroys me when he starts doublecasting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So I rolled on the Celerity banner and wound up with Gau's SSB which seems to be kinda crap, but also Shadow's SSB. From what I can see elsewhere it used to be a top SSB but has kind of fallen off recently as newer stuff got released? Seems like it should still be pretty good given my limited relic pool.

Maybe this could be a workable team for now?
Ramza (USB)
Tyro (BSB)
Selphie (USB)
Setzer (BSB)
Shadow (SSB)

I've been using Krile with her SSB in the Shadow slot but it feels like another physical attacker and Shout as a friend summon would be better? My other modern relics are Aerith's SSB, Fran's SSB and Lann's BSB. I've been getting all the MC2s in events but haven't attempted the difficulty 120+ stuff yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Shadows SSB was touted as some hot poo poo way back when shout was new but it's fairly lacklustre these days, Shadow also has Sephiroth Syndrome where he is restricted by having no access to swords.

• Locked thread