Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Or just wait because the line still hasn't sold out so whatever, it gets here when it gets here. Amazon will be the same price, plus an actual return policy since Revoltech often has shoddy QA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spidey is still $72 + shipping (not even prime eligible, smh) on Amazon vs. the $46 + shipping for the Wolverine?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
These placard/labels came out better than I thought, I but I think I'll still redo them in PS. The original files were pretty low-res.

And just because the Wampa arrived today;

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Aphrodite posted:

When in doubt, blame Sega.

The only other stuff around that price point I can see offhand is Deadpool and that's just an expensive license.

The only other things I can think of that have gotten that obscene are Gilgamesh and Iowa but they both have an obscene amount of accessories.

Apparently all of the Berserk God Hand are ludicrously expensive as well, and Prime 3 Samus is about the same.

Atlas and P-Body can be attributed to Valve License being expensive like the Marvel and Star Wars ones.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The only other things I can think of that have gotten that obscene are Gilgamesh and Iowa but they both have an obscene amount of accessories.

Apparently all of the Berserk God Hand are ludicrously expensive as well, and Prime 3 Samus is about the same.

Atlas and P-Body can be attributed to Valve License being expensive like the Marvel and Star Wars ones.

It's the simple fact that goodsmile KNOWS their audience and knows they can charge insane markups for their goods and the nerdlords will eat it up like candy.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
The sad thing is you're absolutely right.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, the prices have been steadily climbing since they put out that Solid Snake figure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vaginal facsimile.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
'Show me the vagfax'

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Problem: Bought a fancy Japanese action figure that didn't come with any kind of a base or stand, or even pegholes in the feet with which to make it secure while standing.

Solution:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nice. Deadpool's drink is a good effect.

I just cancelled my order for Articulated Icons... so I could redo it and add a whole bunch more, including some army building for the basic ninjas.

What is wrong with me?! :psyduck:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Takuan posted:

Problem: Bought a fancy Japanese action figure that didn't come with any kind of a base or stand, or even pegholes in the feet with which to make it secure while standing.

Solution:

Might be worth grabbing one or more of these. Or get a Tamashii Stand Act 5 pack, which contains 3 stands and armature/claw/etc options for all 3. I've heard good things about those individual ones I linked, but haven't tried them personally.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Tamashii stands end up being a better deal. Honestly, at this point I've bought so many Mafex and Revoltech figures that I have stands out the rear end, didn't realize the prices have gone up.

And also, yeah, if anyone else is interested in really nice 6" Ninja/Feudal Asian style figures, totally look into the AI Feudal Series because the backerkit will close soon and I have a feeling that, due to how they're produced, the secondary market for them will be loving insane.

Some vids to show the final products off, since they'll start shipping in a few weeks (skip the first minute or so):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qtmeH07Fo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cceWBt1bW84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFyznCRp5Qg&t=479s

I'm not bothering with any samurai, personally, but I'm getting several ninjas, the heroic martial artist, and the Shibito monk since he can super easily be converted into a great Bruce Lee figure.

Only reason I'm shilling for them (I have zero to do with The Fwoosh personally) is that I respect what they're trying to do and the figures actually came out looking pretty great... I didn't get involved with the kickstarter because ahahaha a kickstarter for action figures designed by collector nerds like us are you loving kidding, but seeing the final products reviewed by some reliable figure reviewers has really gotten me on board, and hopefully they try to do another series or maybe try another new genre to try their hand at, and more high articulation 6" figures can't be a bad thing.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 4, 2017

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Fuzz posted:

I just cancelled my order for Articulated Icons... so I could redo it and add a whole bunch more, including some army building for the basic ninjas.

What is wrong with me?! :psyduck:

I mean, they look really great and they come with a ton of accessories and are seemingly very customizable. I don't know what's not to love.

If nothing else they'd make for great Hand ninjas for a Daredevil display. I'd get some myself, but between Legends, Black Series and Mythic Legions I don't really have any room in shelving or budget.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ShimSham posted:

I mean, they look really great and they come with a ton of accessories and are seemingly very customizable. I don't know what's not to love.

If nothing else they'd make for great Hand ninjas for a Daredevil display. I'd get some myself, but between Legends, Black Series and Mythic Legions I don't really have any room in shelving or budget.

That's literally the first display I'm going to set up. :hfive:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

The Tamashii stands end up being a better deal. Honestly, at this point I've bought so many Mafex and Revoltech figures that I have stands out the rear end, didn't realize the prices have gone up.

What are the best stands for the Revoltech figs? I've only collected minimates, but think I'm going tho spring for the Marvel Revoltech figs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

What are the best stands for the Revoltech figs? I've only collected minimates, but think I'm going tho spring for the Marvel Revoltech figs.

They all come with one, so there's no point in getting one*.

* - Venom is a weighty figure and can't really be suspended with that stand, but because of his proportions and size, the only thing that would really work for something that big would be a Tamashii Stage 5, but even that may not support him. You're better off with something like an ACBA flight stand for those types of characters.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Anyone wanna sell me their sir godfrey?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Figuarts are the only one of the main 3 from Japan that don't come with stands.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

Figuarts are the only one of the main 3 from Japan that don't come with stands.

Like, the Marvel ones? All of my Sailor Moon figuarts came with stands.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't consistently come with stands, I mean.

The Street Fighter ones don't either. Chun Li kind of does if you use the kick effect piece.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I want a DCEU Wonder Woman figure in my collection and I don't want to go full Hot Toys, what is my best option?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hmm, they're okay. I dig em a bit. Morty's weaker for sure, and Rick is too dang short. But until something better comes around, I'll take it. Won't bother with the rest though. They're all kinda lovely.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Fuzz posted:

They are, but they seem to be between manufacturing runs again so there's none on Amazon with a domestic source that's cheap, and shipping from Japan doubles the price at least. If all he needed was a single stand for a single figure, the one lil' $8 stand would have worked, and even getting 3 would have been cheaper than a Tamashii Act Stage pack shipped from Japan right now. I'll have to remember to grab another pack or two next time an Amazon Prime shipped source has some, it gets expensive trying to during these periods between runs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

If I want a DCEU Wonder Woman figure in my collection and I don't want to go full Hot Toys, what is my best option?

Wait for the Mafex release from the solo film. I have the BvS Wonder Woman and honestly kind of regret grabbing it; her skirt stains the legs blue and her shoulder joints are really exposed and unattractive. The colors are brighter on the new one and she's got way more accessories. It's not out yet though and I'm not sure when it's hitting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mafex is around November.

There's also a One:12 one coming out, but that may take a while. Pricing and etc. are supposed to be announced today. They're generally twice what a Mafex costs though.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

They all come with one, so there's no point in getting one*.

* - Venom is a weighty figure and can't really be suspended with that stand, but because of his proportions and size, the only thing that would really work for something that big would be a Tamashii Stage 5, but even that may not support him. You're better off with something like an ACBA flight stand for those types of characters.

Awesome, thanks for the info! :cheers:

I wasn't aware they came with stands. I was debating whether or not to get Spider Gwen, but considering I'm not paying extra for stands now I'm going t get them all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mezco's is up for $80.

http://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-wonder-woman

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Default face looks too round. The angry one looks better but that could just be the angle.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info! :cheers:

I wasn't aware they came with stands. I was debating whether or not to get Spider Gwen, but considering I'm not paying extra for stands now I'm going t get them all.

They're the one line that I get everything for, pretty stoked for Wolverine and REALLY hoping they do something ballsy like have Nightcrawler as their 6th figure, though I'd bet it'll probably be Carnage or Silk or something. An awesome Sabretooth in the Venom style would be totally okay, too.

ShimSham posted:

On an aside, my current list is:

Shinobi
Basic Ninja 3 pack (2 black, 1 red)
Deluxe Ninja 2 pack (1 black, 1 white)
Arm pack
Shibito (the monk)
Solitaire (the modern ninja)
Drunken Master

Will end up with 3 or 4 roof tiles and a metric fuckton of weapons and heads and poo poo. Will be able to easily kitbash Ryu Hayabusa, Strider Hiryu, and Bruce Lee I his Enter the Dragon outfit. Psyched.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

They're the one line that I get everything for, pretty stoked for Wolverine and REALLY hoping they do something ballsy like have Nightcrawler as their 6th figure, though I'd bet it'll probably be Carnage or Silk or something. An awesome Sabretooth in the Venom style would be totally okay, too.

That would be awesome. I'm a huge X-Men fan, so either of those would be great.

I saw a youtube video where someone mentioned they thought Carnage was up next, but can't find any other info on it so I'm not sure if that is true or they were just speculating.

Is HLJ the cheapest place to order these? Looks like Deadpool is the only one in stock at the moment. Should I expect that these get restocked or are they fairly limited?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The main ones people use are HLJ, Amiami, or Hobbysearch/1999.co.jp. And of course ebay.

Amiami tends to be the cheapest, but they're also the most popular so their preorders can sell out faster.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Is HLJ the cheapest place to order these? Looks like Deadpool is the only one in stock at the moment. Should I expect that these get restocked or are they fairly limited?

I got the Spidey the first go around (late Jan release) and they're taking re-orders for that one for a late June release so yeah, they get restocked occasionally if they prove to be popular.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:|

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Please don't doxx my Real Doll itt.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

On the other hand, because of that line, there's finally a Ray Wise figure in the world.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The main ones people use are HLJ, Amiami, or Hobbysearch/1999.co.jp. And of course ebay.

Amiami tends to be the cheapest, but they're also the most popular so their preorders can sell out faster.

Animale posted:

I got the Spidey the first go around (late Jan release) and they're taking re-orders for that one for a late June release so yeah, they get restocked occasionally if they prove to be popular.

Thanks for the info. I've now got Deadpool, Spider-Man, and Venom on the way! :toot:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vaginal facsimile

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Rage posted:

Vaginal facsimile

Turn on your monitor.

e: for content. Ok, which BSS regular was this? http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-s-largest-privately-owned-star-wars-collectio-1795816088

sticksy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

sticksy posted:

Turn on your monitor.

e: for content. Ok, which BSS regular was this? http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-world-s-largest-privately-owned-star-wars-collectio-1795816088

This has been all over rebelscum.com for weeks. It's a shame, Rancho Obi-Wan is cool as hell and the owner is a nice guy.