Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Collateral Damage posted:

Should have turned it the other way around so guys could save time and pee while they shower.

Indirect fire, Tovarisch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Should have turned it the other way around so guys could save time and pee while they shower.

Haha you're middle-aged.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

crazypeltast52 posted:

Given this thread's content, someone has probably installed new spray foam insulation around old knob and tube. Double points if the Stab-Lok is in there too though.

http://www.ccnr.org/browns_ferry.html

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Every time you look away it gets just a little bit closer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's nothing inherently wrong with that set-up though. Nice roomy arrangement and cleaning is easy :shrug:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I've never really given it much thought, but I think I'd prefer pooping with my back to a wall.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

I've never really given it much thought, but I think I'd prefer pooping with my back to a wall.

So sidepoop :shrug:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My dad bought his new place, the prior owner installed like 4 or 5 toilets into a 3 bedroom space. Dude was seriously worried about being unable to make it to a crapper in time or something. 2 bedrooms had a porcelain throne in them and the storage space also had a crapper in it.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

If you want to have a poo and watch someone shower at the same time you can just A.C. Slater the toilet.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

A White Guy posted:

My dad bought his new place, the prior owner installed like 4 or 5 toilets into a 3 bedroom space. Dude was seriously worried about being unable to make it to a crapper in time or something. 2 bedrooms had a porcelain throne in them and the storage space also had a crapper in it.

Is there any reason ever to have a bed and a toilet in the same room? It just screams prison/abduction chamber. I mean even hospitals have the pooper in its own room and if there's a demographic if people who may not make it to the john they've got to be seeing it. If you're putting in a toilet you're going to be running plumbing in there, is it really too much work to throw up some lovely walls around it?

Although maybe I'm thinking about this backwards, maybe the house used to be some sort of deluxe outhouse with 5 bathrooms, and one of the owners decided that they should remodel a couple into bedrooms but didn't want to take the effort to decommission the toilets.

My sister had an enormous bathroom in her first house (it was literally big enough to fit a twin bed in there besides the bath/toilet/etc.) because the house was built in the early 1800s with only an outside bathroom, so when a previous owner wanted to put one inside they used the bedroom above the kitchen.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

The plumber installed the flange with a 90° turn?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
"No idea why this failed, we already fixed it once" :goonsay:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh no, that's a witch window. They do that on purpose. It's a tradition in Vermont.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_window

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/vermont/witch-window-vt/

Don't know if it's irony or not, but that is where I live...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

DrBouvenstein posted:

Don't know if it's irony or not, but that is where I live...

Insulating your walls with DrBouvenstein keeps the witches out. But it wont stop them from stealing your motorcycle. :witch:

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

Is there any reason ever to have a bed and a toilet in the same room? It just screams prison/abduction chamber. I mean even hospitals have the pooper in its own room and if there's a demographic if people who may not make it to the john they've got to be seeing it. If you're putting in a toilet you're going to be running plumbing in there, is it really too much work to throw up some lovely walls around it?

My in-laws plumbed for a toilet next to the bed in the expansion to their house they built for my wife's grandmother. She never actually moved in though, and a toilet was never installed.

Supposedly the doctor suggested it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ashcans posted:

My sister had an enormous bathroom in her first house (it was literally big enough to fit a twin bed in there besides the bath/toilet/etc.) because the house was built in the early 1800s with only an outside bathroom, so when a previous owner wanted to put one inside they used the bedroom above the kitchen.

Previous owner was an idiot. Everyone knows you're supposed to turn a bedroom into 2 bathrooms. One facing the hall, one facing the adjacent bedroom.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Previous owner was an idiot. Everyone knows you're supposed to turn a bedroom into 2 bathrooms. One facing the hall, and the other after you walk through the first one.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Facebook Aunt posted:

Previous owner was an idiot. Everyone knows you're supposed to turn a bedroom into 2 bathrooms. One facing the hall, one with a large exterior window for broomstick access

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Guys in a shower can already do that without the toilet. Probably shouldn't, but *can*.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Guys in a shower can already do that without the toilet. Probably shouldn't, but *can*.

What the hell, now peeing in the shower is wrong all of a sudden?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

this is a completed bathroom job from a carpenter's portfolio (they did the cabinets)

i'm just gonna presume that witches can't jump between uneven heights or something

what do you even do at the second countertop?

(i also thought it was an after/before thing but nope that's one image)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

NancyPants posted:

If pissing in the shower is wrong, I don't wanna pee right.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol if you don't pee in the sink and/or do all your makeup sitting down at the extra vanity with no mirror.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Maybe that's where you do you taxes.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

SoundMonkey posted:

this is a completed bathroom job from a carpenter's portfolio (they did the cabinets)

i'm just gonna presume that witches can't jump between uneven heights or something

I mean it's a makeup counter and they haven't installed the mirror yet. I'm hoping?

Those uneven counters would drive me loving nuts though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I mean it's a makeup counter and they haven't installed the mirror yet. I'm hoping?

Yeah... but you have to have the right height for each activity. Brushing your teeth too low sucks and having your feet dangle on a tall chair isn't any better.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

it just seems like a weird angle, like you'd always be bumping into anyone sitting at the makeup counter

edit: same people. i have no* doubt these are perfectly good shelves but it looks like three different people installed them by committee

*okay, some

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 6, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I'm thinking if you have the money and space to do it right you elevate the floor in front of the vanity amd keep the counters at the same height.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

therobit posted:

I'm thinking if you have the money and space to do it right you elevate the floor in front of the vanity amd keep the counters at the same height.

Bullshit, you cut away the joists in front of the other counter in order to lower the floor there.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bad Munki posted:

Bullshit, you cut away the joists in front of the other counter in order to lower the floor there.

then where the gently caress am i putting the moss-covered fireplace's gravel pit surround?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

it just seems like a weird angle, like you'd always be bumping into anyone sitting at the makeup counter

edit: same people. i have no* doubt these are perfectly good shelves but it looks like three different people installed them by committee

*okay, some

what the gently caress.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SoundMonkey posted:

then where the gently caress am i putting the moss-covered fireplace's gravel pit surround?

In the kitchen.

I mean.... eventually.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

That's where the bathroom attendant stands with his watered down colognes, qtips, Kleenex, bowl of free clinic condoms and unwrapped peppermints

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

*okay, some
Crappy Construction Tales: Shelving by committee

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NancyPants posted:

It's all pipes!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

SoundMonkey posted:

That's the counter designated for loving. It's just the right height.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SoundMonkey posted:

Baby changing?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Baby changing?

Those drat fairy folk!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NancyPants posted:

Some people get weird about it. I'm with what's his name from Seinfeld - it's all pipes.

e: f, b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just can't get enough of standing in my own pee. But then again, it is too bad there isn't some kind of receptacle where I could put my pee where I wouldn't have to stand in it. Hmm.