Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Couldn't Qatar just stop producing oil and natural gas in response to all this poo poo that's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lote posted:

Wow. I don't think he knows we have military bases in Qatar

Are they in danger now?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Only use potatoes for printing, then eat the printer.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/edhornick/status/872071513515675650
:allears:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What is going on with his neck/chin

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

joe is making GBS threads all over scott pruitt which is nice

He didn't poo poo all over him at all. He just asked the same question a few times and accepted Pruitt's awful mealy mouthed answer with no follow ups. Pruitt should be treated like nothing short of the government saboteur he is.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Needs Astroglide

Caufman
May 7, 2007

It's turning into a very wankable orifice.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

He's an increasingly fat old man who thinks that exercise is a bad bad thing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

He's fat, old, and doesn't exercise at all. The tight collar just accentuates that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hollismason posted:

Couldn't Qatar just stop producing oil and natural gas in response to all this poo poo that's happening.

They could, but since that's their main source of revenue it'd cripple their economy almost immediately.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

So uh... We've had three or four tweets from Trump today already.

I wonder how many self serving tweets we'll have before he remembers today's literally the anniversary of D-Day.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

“The concerns were, ‘The guy won’t pay and he won’t listen,’” said one lawyer close to the White House who is familiar with some of the discussions between the firms and the administration, as well as deliberations within the firms themselves.

lol

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Spaced God posted:

I wonder how many self serving tweets we'll have before he remembers today's literally the anniversary of D-Day.

Of course he's going to remember Donald Day!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spaced God posted:

Trick question. He won't remember, someone on his team will take his phone and push out some stock message which he will quickly poo poo all over.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love how it seems like only attorneys are realizing this, as opposed to anyone else who works with him

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

lol the only lawyers he'll be able to get are the people dumb or desperate enough to represent Donald J. Trump, Turbofucker.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol i didn't realize scarborough and mika got engaged.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

quote:

Others mentioned potential conflicts with clients of their firms, such as financial institutions that have already received subpoenas relating to potential money-laundering issues that are part of the investigation.

Hmm.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Spaced God posted:

I have full confidence he won't remember it and will post a denigrating and humiliating tweet about it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hey remember when trump was going to set up a war room to coordinate their response to all the scandals, which was important to get done asap considering comey is about to pour gasoline on them

neither does he

quote:

“There’s no war room” to deal with Comey’s testimony

With former FBI Director James Comey's upcoming testimony on Thursday, you can imagine that the Trump White House is setting up a crisis-management system to respond to the fallout. But according to NBC's Hallie Jackson, early talk of a “war room” has petered out significantly. Per Jackson: One source close to the White House describes it flatly: “There’s no war room. Zero.” Another administration source says it simply “never took off.”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

hey remember when trump was going to set up a war room to coordinate their response to all the scandals, which was important to get done asap considering comey is about to pour gasoline on them

neither does he

It's not like anything they do inside the white house matters. Everything begins and ends with republicans in congress.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It's not like anything they do inside the white house matters. Everything begins and ends with republicans in congress.

i mean, when responding to criminal investigations of the white house, what they do in the white house matters a lot

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

So the theory of his middle East trip being connected to the Qatar / SA rift is confirmed. On a long enough time line he really is going to confirm absolutely every theory about him by posting proof of them on Twitter

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Did the Intercept burn a source? I didn't really pay attention to this story

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

evilweasel posted:

neither does he

The War Room is in Trump's head, and his phone is Secretary of Defense.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are they in danger now?

Not immediate danger. The US is kinda screwed though if Qatar decided to kick them out because it's the HQ for the Gulf.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Night10194 posted:

So he's siding with the Saudis because of their power orbs and sword dances.

While trying to pretend he both knew this was coming and this mess is a good thing.

But he didn't bow!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

i mean, when responding to criminal investigations of the white house, what they do in the white house matters a lot

Not really... Unless the republicans do something. DOJ isn't going to indict Trump.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

If "Getting her arrested by the least leak friendly administration in history through sheer incompetence" is burning, yes.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

evilweasel posted:

neither does he

Didn't the war room announcement also include the line about Trump hiring lawyers to vet his tweets?

God you imagine having that job and having to tell Trump that everything he tweets can be used against him in court, that actually might have been the reason the entire war room plan never got off the ground in the first place.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

evilweasel posted:

neither does he

This will go down as the worst executed conspiracy in American history.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's great how bad Trump is at the rudimentary practice of being a politician

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

neither does he

Having a plan to respond to criticism would involve acknowledging that criticism of his conduct is going to occur or that a defense of that conduct is necessary.

Donald Trump is always going to admit his actual actions. Hell, he'll probably admit to anything that he thinks he might have done. If he did it, it must have been awesome and perfect and great, and if you can't see that, [ii]you're[/i] the loser.

That's why even loving Brian Williams was able to get him to admit to obstruction of justice on camera. Trump is psychologically incapable of admitting that any action he's ever taken was wrong.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Spaced God posted:

If "Getting her arrested by the least leak friendly administration in history through sheer incompetence" is burning, yes.

:stare:

What the gently caress?!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Carlosologist posted:

absolutely, by doing something so stupid that, and i am not exaggerating here, mid-tier alliances in eve online, a spreadsheet simulator, know not to do

they published images of the leaked documents that had steg that the printers automatically added in showing exactly what printer printed it, and when

(also gave those images to the government when asking for comment so the government could arrest the source before the article dropped)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What's up with the current White House counsel, btw? Is he a dyed-in-the-wool Trumpist or is he just another bureaucrat doing a job?

What kind of a splash would it make in the investigation if poo poo got too real even for the WHC and he bailed?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

What the gently caress?!

The gist of it, if you really want deets, is that the source printed out NSA docs on an NSA printer and emailed it from her work email to the Intercept. They posted these scans, forgetting that printers put microdots on everything they print with their serial number etc. So the NSA saw those microdots and also the fact that it was sent from a work email and were like "oh we know exactly who this is"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Carlosologist posted:

What the gently caress?!

They revealed enough of the leaked information to their government contacts that it allowed the internal investigation to pinpoint who had given it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I love how it seems like only attorneys are realizing this, as opposed to anyone else who works with him

Have you not been hearing about how many people keep declining to take jobs in the administration? The people who are working with him now are the result of that same process, and that's why this is the most incompetent administration in our history.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 6, 2017

• Locked thread