Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It at least has dressup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

does tekken 7 have dressup and loot boxes

You can dress up as a shark

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

does tekken 7 have dressup and loot boxes

Yes to both. You play a single player battle against AI sent from other players (like driveatars for tekken) and get loot boxes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no microtransactions though so thy just drown you in currency and drops

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice...... I'm gonna buy it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Does Abyss Odyssey have crossbuy when it comes out for Plus? I've been waffling on buying that in every sale for a while, but I didn't think the demo was all that great.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Does Abyss Odyssey have crossbuy when it comes out for Plus? I've been waffling on buying that in every sale for a while, but I didn't think the demo was all that great.

the Vita games got listed as Crossbuy but Abyss Odyssey didn't, so probably not.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The PS4 version is an "extended" rerelease, so it's doubtful.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Is Asuras's wrath for PS3 physical only?

I was hoping to get it as part of the Capcom sale, but I don't see it on the store. I only see DLC, the demo, and avatars

Baxate fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 2, 2017

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Is Asuras's wrath for PS3 physical only?

I was hoping to get it as part of the Capcom sale, but I don't see it on the store. I only see DLC, the demo, and avatars

That is correct.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well all apart from the actual ending

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My impression of Asura's Wrath is it's a game made up of things gamers hate, but gamers still liked it because it was absurdly anime (mostly the cool type of anime rather than the creepy type).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I struggled with some of the (rare) action parts because it won't let you invert your controls :saddowns:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

My impression of Asura's Wrath is it's a game made up of things gamers hate, but gamers still liked it because it was absurdly anime (mostly the cool type of anime rather than the creepy type).

Asura's Wrath might have had one of the best reveal trailers ever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Asura's Wrath proved that there was nothing wrong with QTEs, just most of the companies who used them were awful at it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Asura's Wrath is a really cool game, but it's difficult to recommend it without reservations. There's lots of QTEs, and the general combat is a lot more shallow than your typical third-person action game, and the final ending is DLC. But the story is legitimately epic in scope, the music is awesome, and it's something truly unique and creative. It's worth a look if you're okay with a game that you half watch.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Asura's Wrath is really good, I still replay it every once in a while. Definitely the kind of game that's more than the sum of its parts: the combat is a little bland but it's really just there to break up the amazing set pieces. What the developers set out to create definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea but they absolutely nailed it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I struggled with some of the (rare) action parts because it won't let you invert your controls :saddowns:

I think the Xbox 360 version might have inverted them automatically if you had that as a system setting because I don't recall any problems playing it and I use inverted. I think I might play some this weekend, it's been a long time.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here's this week's Drop with some cool stuff. Honestly probably won't be that much more cool stuff this month other than Crash at the end because of E3

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!

PS4, PS Vita — Digital, PS4 Version at Retail
Saddle up for some retro-styled dungeon-crawling goodness with Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! Meet classic heroes from Japan’s Sengoku Era as you help the souls of the dead settle their unfinished business.

Dark Rose Valkyrie
PS4 — Digital, Retail
A virus threatens humanity. Valkyrie Force, move out! In this RPG, fight using customized weapons, team attacks, Overdrive mode, and more! But beyond battle, you’ll have to interrogate teammates to find who’s been turned in order to save the world.

Dirt 4
PS4 — Digital, Retail
The world’s leading off-road racing series is back! Dirt 4 puts you at the wheel of the most powerful machines ever made as you face the toughest roads and circuits on the planet in rally, rallycross, and landrush.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

PS4 — Digital, Retail
Return to Morrowind in this new chapter of the award-winning online role-playing series, The Elder Scrolls Online. Embark on a dangerous journey through legendary locales, and save Morrowind from a deadly Daedric threat. Includes the first game of the series.

Farming Simulator 18
PS Vita — Digital
Become a modern farmer in Farming Simulator 18! Plant, harvest, and trade in crops, including for the first time sunflowers. Diversify your activity with animal husbandry and forestry. Develop and expand your very own farm… wherever you go!

Jump Stars (not the series your probably thinking of)
PS4 — Digital
Introducing Jump Stars, the bonkers new local multiplayer party game which pits player against player in a bizarre, violent game show as they collectively compete to save their skins.

Neighborhorde
PS4 — Digital
Neighborhorde is a couch co-op shoot-em-up where you and your team of friends use toys as weapons and game-changing superpowers to survive evil robots and zombie Abe Lincolns.

Perception
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/7)
Perception is a first-person narrative horror adventure that tells the story of Cassie, a blind heroine who uses her extraordinary hearing and razor-sharp wits to unravel the mysteries of an abandoned estate that haunts her dreams.

Plague Road
PS Vita — Digital
Set around a city being consumed from within by disease, Plague Road tells a story of a lone doctor who abandoned his home and now returns to learn the fate of those he left behind.

Randall
PS4 — Digital
Randall wakes up in a distopyan world in which people are content living under constant surveillance and absolute control. Players take on the part of Randall, a powerful telepath with a touch of schizophrenia. His abilities allow him to control and play as every single character on screen, seamlessly swapping between them, exploiting the power that they have.

Special Delivery
PS VR — Digital
Dodge cars, dogs, and tornadoes as you grow your subscriber base and expand your paper route in this arcade inspired newspaper delivery game.

Superbeat: Xonic

PS4 — Digital, Retail
Experience Superbeat: Xonic, the new music game sensation that’s bound to have you on the edge of your seat! Enjoy the stunning visuals and effects as you play your way through 68 unique songs and unlock tons of hidden rewards and items. Perform and perfect awesome combos and show the world you’re the best by climbing the Ranking system!

The Town of Light
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Play through the eyes of Renée, a 16-year-old girl who suffers from the symptoms of mental illness. She is searching for answers to the many questions from her past, while exploring the place where she spent most of her youth. Guide Renée through a dark and emotional journey where the lines between entertainment, storytelling, and reality blur.

Victor Vran
PS4 — Digital
Become Victor, hunter of demons. Forge your own hero on a quest to liberate the cursed city of Zagoravia. Decide how you play at any moment, even in the heat of battle. Modify your demon slaying loadout as you dodge deadly attacks, leap from towering locations, and take on hordes of hideous beasts and cunning boss monsters.

Wipeout Omega Collection
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Wipeout Omega Collection brings together all the content from Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury, and Wipeout 2048, enhanced for PS4 and PS4 Pro.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Wipeout Omega Collection
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Wipeout Omega Collection brings together all the content from Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury, and Wipeout 2048, enhanced for PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Hell yeah, I've been waiting for this for months.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What am I missing out on if I go for the Victor Vran standard edition, there's like a £20 difference between that and the Overkill one???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What is victor vran?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an ARPG by a lot of the same people that worked on Titan Quest.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think Overkill has all DLC packs from the PC version? Including this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJygwQY9xNw

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's possible the sales kicking off today will be poo poo (just a hunch, nothing really substantiating that yet), but starting June 9th there will be deals for 9 days, which sounds to me like a weekend flash deal plus another week of good deals starting shortly after Sony's E3 presser Monday night (North American time). That said here are some in-store deals (and I'm guessing the game prices will be reflected on PSN) to look forward to, starting Friday:

Slim PlayStation 4 system in Gold with 1TB HDD – $249.99 USD (MSRP) / $329.99 CAD (MSRP)
DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (Jet Black) – $79.99 USD (MSRP) / $79.99 CAD (MSRP) [I hope that Canadian price isn't a mistake, about time we get a break]
Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, MLB: The Show – $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)

Looks like controllers should be $39.99 USD (I'm guessing $49.99 CAD) also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM30Y0rloCg

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 6, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

What am I missing out on if I go for the Victor Vran standard edition, there's like a £20 difference between that and the Overkill one???

Idk but that game is alright. I played through it with a friend on PC ages ago and enjoyed myself. There's zombie enemies that have an aoe debuff that if you get too close to them your character starts doing the Gangnam Style dance and can't use any buttons

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

univbee posted:

It's possible the sales kicking off today will be poo poo (just a hunch, nothing really substantiating that yet), but starting June 9th there will be deals for 9 days, which sounds to me like a weekend flash deal plus another week of good deals starting shortly after Sony's E3 presser Monday night (North American time). That said here are some in-store deals (and I'm guessing the game prices will be reflected on PSN) to look forward to, starting Friday:

Slim PlayStation 4 system in Gold with 1TB HDD – $249.99 USD (MSRP) / $329.99 CAD (MSRP)
DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (Jet Black) – $79.99 USD (MSRP) / $79.99 CAD (MSRP) [I hope that Canadian price isn't a mistake, about time we get a break]

Good timing! I need a new controller. Which store, though? Most/all stores that sell game stuff?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

enojy posted:

Good timing! I need a new controller. Which store, though? Most/all stores that sell game stuff?

I think the controller's pricing should be more or less universal so expect at least the big stores like Gamestop/EB Games, Amazon, Target and Best Buy to have them at that price starting Friday, and possibly other stores like Wal-mart will too.

Mephesto Zieg
Jan 4, 2008
I'm too tired to be funny right now
The PS+ games have started going live, the Vita games and killing floor 2 are marked as free. Everything is listed under PS+ free games, now just waiting on life is strange and the ps3 games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

You weren't kidding about them being poo poo. It just the day of play games mentioned and some lovely soccer games on sale.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I can't even access the Days of Play ones.

Also, I was dumb and bought Wipeout last night, but not after midnight, and they're doing the Buy $100 get $15 starting today.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Looks like Days of Play wasn't supposed to be there. I think they took it down, as I can't even find it on the web store anymore.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sakurazuka posted:

It's an ARPG by a lot of the same people that worked on Titan Quest.

That's Grim Dawn actually. Victor Vran is an ARPG but a lot more actiony than most.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mephesto Zieg posted:

The PS+ games have started going live, the Vita games and killing floor 2 are marked as free. Everything is listed under PS+ free games, now just waiting on life is strange and the ps3 games.

I don't care about Life is Strange at all but I'll probably try Neon Chrome or KF2.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't care about Life is Strange at all but I'll probably try Neon Chrome or KF2.

I would say that Life Is Strange is good enough to warrant owning for free, even if you're not planning on playing it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Justin_Brett posted:

That's Grim Dawn actually. Victor Vran is an ARPG but a lot more actiony than most.

I thought Victor Vran's main points were:

The main character having Geralt's VA
One piece of equipment being a pilgrim hat with a giant metal V on it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Faux Mulder posted:

I actually thought that was a really nice touch and one of the sweetest and most human moments in the game. A cute and adorably accurate representation of a queer awakening - the moment where Max suddenly crosses that experimental threshold for a brief moment, freaks out a little and withdraws back into not quite being ready to admit it to herself.

One of the strongest things LiS does is to play the specific nature of Chloe/Max's relationship (i.e. romantic or not) extremely ambiguously up until and even past that point. It's never explicit that romance is a possibility between them, and keeps the player guessing and wondering right alongside Max the whole time. It wants you to feel as unsure as she does, and it achieved that really well for me.

Man, I really disliked Chloe from the beginning so I guess my only run was the "be a dickhead towards Chloe". The way that the entire universe seems to have it out for Chloe made it seem pretty farcical at the end. It also irked me how the developers kept trying to match up Chloe and Max all the time so I probably went the extra mile to see what happens when you don't cooperate with their vision of Max and Chloes relationship

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sony support finally fixed that Resident Evil bundle issue for me so I can buy it.

Now that it's back to £39.99 and not £7.99 or whatever it was. Thanks, guys.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neon Chrome's actually not bad. Spy Chameleon's just another dev's first puzzle game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Spy Chameleon looks pretty weak but otoh it's tactical espionage action and my kids love chameleons so I'll probably play it anyway.