Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Carlosologist posted:

that was sort of underwhelming, but an updated Sun and Moon will be cool. plenty of places in Alola that needed more expansion

Especially since so many Megas are missing.

So is Necrozma just essentially Kyurem 2.0? Or is it more like a walking power-up for the light duo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'll wait for more info, or until this thread reaches 1000 pages, then I'll start Pokemon Megathread 7.1: Sun and Moon Plus Ultra

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I won't get Pokémon in the switch but least I'll get the switch in Pokémon

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Apparently there was, very briefly, a TBA release date for USUM on the Switch on the Pokemon Website?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pyroi posted:

Apparently there was, very briefly, a TBA release date for USUM on the Switch on the Pokemon Website?

November 17th I saw on the actual video.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Necrozma armor for the two legendaries makes a lot of sense considering it's the Prism Pokemon, so it's all about manipulating light. I'm wondering if Solgaleo and Lunala are going to get buffed/altered versions of their signature moves when they put on the armor.

El Burbo posted:

I won't get Pokémon in the switch but least I'll get the switch in Pokémon

"It's a Nintendo Switch! You'd better appreciate what your mom had to go through to get you one of these, you spoiled brat!"

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

iospace posted:

November 17th I saw on the actual video.
No, they mean TBD for a switch version, not the release date for the 3DS games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pyroi posted:

yup

https://twitter.com/JoeyPockett/status/872100407979454465

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

so these forms are basically them using Necrozma as armor.

I can't decide if these look great or dumb, which kind of makes me like them more.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm excited for Pokken on the switch. I'm in a mood for a fighting game. Now I just need to find a Switch.

Are the Ultra games for Switch or 3DS?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope they bring the Battle Frontier back in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/872103367190790146

More screenshots of the TBA Switch version.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm excited for Pokken on the switch. I'm in a mood for a fighting game. Now I just need to find a Switch.

Are the Ultra games for Switch or 3DS?

3DS which kind of makes me worry since Sun and Moon already had moments when they made my New 3DS slowly chug along to handle them.

On an unrelated note, I am thankful to see my favorite of the new starters getting some attention. Still hoping it gets a slot in that runprres updated Smash Bros for Switch, assuming it exists.

EDIT: Well, shows what I know, there is a Switch version coming at some point, possibly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well the Pokemon Company has one last chance to save the franchise. If Gold/Silver let you trade with the 3ds versions of Red and Blue, and you can trade over a Fissure Machamp, and when you send gen 2 Pokemon to the Bank they don't limit them to their hidden abilities, then No Guard Fissure Machamp will become a reality and everything up until now will have been worth it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
All three bird starters are now playable Pokkén fighters and that's beautiful

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

mabels big day posted:

Well the Pokemon Company has one last chance to save the franchise.

rofl, okay dude

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

"Is Pokemon dead?"
"Well right now they're not doing a mainline Switch game like I want them to so-"
"YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS, POKEMON IS DEAD"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are you guys so obsessed with the switch? I'm glad as a poor person that only has a 3ds.

I hope the Ultras are sequels. B2W2 was some good poo poo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Alfalfa stop embarrassing yourself and learn to spot sarcasm

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

why are you guys so obsessed with the switch? I'm glad as a poor person that only has a 3ds.

playing a mainline pokemon game on a system that can be on the TV and portable is basically the best possible thing for my favourite video game series

plus a switch version could be fuckin huge, have DLC clothes, even better multiplayer and so much extra poo poo

a switch version would be literally the GOAT pokemon game

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

rofl, okay dude

Alfalfa no.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Then it's more likely they'll save it for the obligatory GEN8.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I am notoriously bad at pointing out sarcasm on this site. Sorry

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

"Is Pokemon dead?"
"Well right now they're not doing a mainline Switch game like I want them to so-"
"YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS, POKEMON IS DEAD"

But hell, are they wrong?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'd be more excited for switch games if it were possible to find a switch

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
pokemon isnt dead because magikarp jump is a thing

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pokémon UltraSound.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For me a Switch version is just a vehicle to see how pretty SM is. It's a pretty game, but it's actually prettier than what the 3DS can handle, so seeing it output on a bigger and nicer screen and get slightly better textures, plus never dealing with slowdowns, would make it ideal. Maybe some lighting effects as well.

That said, I totally understand why it's coming out on 3DS only (or as well) if it has to be one or the other then 3DS is the better choice. I just hope it can also come out on the pretty new shiny system.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

actually kinda surprised they did the second versions since they skipped them in gen 6

Super late reply because I'm not waking up at probably 6 am for an 8 minute pokemon fighting game trailer. But they didn't do a Z version or whatever because Gamefreak was busy with that solitaire horse jockey game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I really only want Pokemon SuMo on the Switch so I can play at a stable framerate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I really want a sequel because I want to see Lillie come back to kick my rear end

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Unfortunately Lillie's boat sank on the way to Kanto and she was never heard from again

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hey y'all, haven't posted in this thread in a while. just wanted to say pokemon is cool and i'm VERY excited for pokken tournament dx, coming to nintendo switch this september. anyway, have a great tuesday, and i'll see you all later

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh yeah, the previous Pokken Tournament thread is archived, but if anyone starts a new one I'll add it to the OP.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/872115718019588097

OK back to "Why 3DS ONLY?" chat.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
now this is a sequel i can get behind

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All that being said I really do hope they somehow gently caress up and let me transfer a Fissure Machamp with no guard. I need this easy battle tree

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hahahah knew it, mainline pokemon stays on 3DS more and some other thing on Switch.

The Switch is going to replace the 3DS

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Calling it an "alternate storyline" has me worried. Sun/Moon felt like half a story to begin with, I'd get pretty excited for a sequel but not a weird parallel universe version.

Hey, I skipped B&W2. How did they explain you not having any Pokemon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you play as another person in BW2