Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Malthael's low cooldowns give him some great mobility around team fights and very high sustain. CC is pretty mandatory for him I feel otherwise he's like a black cloud of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The dude's Last Rites quest says it can go down to a minimum of 15 seconds but trying him out, the cooldown went all the way down to 5 seconds. I dunno if that's tooltip error or an ability error, but he seems really really strong. He's gonna be terrifying in team fights

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Macaluso posted:

The dude's Last Rites quest says it can go down to a minimum of 15 seconds but trying him out, the cooldown went all the way down to 5 seconds. I dunno if that's tooltip error or an ability error, but he seems really really strong. He's gonna be terrifying in team fights

I read somewhere that has to do with his level 20 upgrade for that heroic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Spudd posted:

I read somewhere that has to do with his level 20 upgrade for that heroic.

Aha I didn't fully read the Angel of Death tooltip. Last Rites doesn't just heal you for 100% of the damage dealth, but its current and future cooldown reduction bonuses are doubled :psyduck:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Dely Apple posted:

Blackheart's Bay is rotating back in, let the pain speak to us all.

I legit let out a small "nooo" when I saw that they were killing map rotations. We had almost two glorious months of no Blackheart's Bay. The Golden Age has come to a close. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

Aha I didn't fully read the Angel of Death tooltip. Last Rites doesn't just heal you for 100% of the damage dealth, but its current and future cooldown reduction bonuses are doubled :psyduck:

Yeah, but I think it has some kind of buggy interaction with past stacks or something, because someone on reddit posted a picture of it having zero cooldown. Which seems, uh... a bit good. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Blackheart's Bay is good, imo

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Coolness Averted posted:

Is it mashing it in the same spot? Or are you moving the mouse a little? I wonder if it's the same problem nydus has with a fat footprint.

Moving the cursor didn't seem to matter much. I use quick casting, that might have something to do with it

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Now that Malf has finally been nerfed, can we nerf Valla? I feel like she's been in nearly every game since beta, and I'm tired of her always being on the other team and not mine :v:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bogart posted:

Blackheart's Bay is good, imo

Contrarianism is a disease

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I quite like Probius, but he could do with some quality of life tweaks. Pylons just seem like a burden because of their relatively long cooldown and how easy they are to destroy, when they are absolutely essential to Probius. Alao, the level 20 Pylon talent seems to be bugged.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ghost of Starman posted:

Can anyone help me figure out how one is supposed to use Zeratul's T1 Talent, Vorpal Blade (teleport to last non-Structure Basic Attack Target, w/in three seconds). It seems like you should be able to do some fancy things with it, but so far all I can really see it doing is A.) helping with chase, to maybe land an extra Cleave+AA, and B.) doing a little bit of a fake-out after a surprise attack, to look like you're bugging out but actually porting back for another salvo.

Pairs well with combo slash on 4, seeker in the dark on 7, sentenced to death on 16. You use your W out of stealth as an immediate gap closer, do your auto-Q-auto, then you have the option to blink away and escape, blink away and blink back with vorpal to avoid their retaliatory damage or if they panic use a dash away you're right back on them.

Or you can just do this https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyUnusualBoarFreakinStinkin to everyone. Vorpal is basically another tool for Zeratul to deliver what damage he can and move in and out of the danger zone.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Players like Rich must be fun for the balancing team.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

EdRush posted:

Or you can just do this https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyUnusualBoarFreakinStinkin to everyone. Vorpal is basically another tool for Zeratul to deliver what damage he can and move in and out of the danger zone.

geeeez :eyepop:

Fake edit: I think I might be a bad person I'm really enjoying being this phantom ambusher rear end in a top hat :shobon:

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 6, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Man. I very, very rarely consider a game lost at matchmaking or draft. This game has good balance and comeback opportunities, and even oddball uphill comps can pull off wins in QM. I've seen it plenty of times.

This, however, was about as stupid as you would expect.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
What, you've never heard of Dodge tanking? :v:

Genji to tank, Tyrande and Lucio to heal him, Xul and Sylvanas to triple split push! Classic composition.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

For better or worse, Braxis Holdout is not Gruul's Lair.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Someone datamined a bunch of Summer Event stuff from the new PTR.

Release date for the Summer Event is marked as "June 27th"

There are going to be special "Summer Loot Crates"
They come in standard, rare, and epic forms.

quote:

Cassia is getting a new tint for all of her skins.

Hanamura Zarya is getting a new tint.

Vampire Arthas has a new tint

The Chinese New Year Arthas has a new tint

Demonic Auriel has a new tint

Hanamura Auriel has a new tint

C'thulu and Master Alarak have new tints

Azmodunk has a new tint

Butcherlisk has a new tint

Normal Chen has a new tint.

Master Cho'gall and the Cho'Gall Warlock skin have new tints

All of Chromie's skins have 1 new tint.

Scarecrow and Master Xul have a new tint

Master Kharazim has a new tint

Holiday Nazeebo has a new tint

All Li-Ming (except Outerspace Li-Ming) skins have new tints

Prime Evil Diablo has a new tint

Master Dehaka has a new tint

Master Greymane has a new tint

Master Lunara has a new tint

Skullspider and base Gul'dan have a new tint

Lunar and Shan'do Illidan have new tints

There's some summer bundle names for purchase with gems.

And a themed summer brawl with this loading screen:

probably similar to the Christmas snowball brawl.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Boooooo. So much for hording crates.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Nephzinho posted:

Well, you can still hoard them just until next week to try for Malthael stuff if you want.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There are going to be special "Summer Loot Crates"

Ffffffffffuckers

I guess we should have expected it since loot crates are copied wholesale from Overwatch but still. :argh:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Cool the worst part of Overwatch

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

And a themed summer brawl with this loading screen:

probably similar to the Christmas snowball brawl.

Please be pudge wars where you hook stitches into a pool :pray:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah. That means if you were stacking crates now, you were basically gimping yourself on the event.

:gg: Blizz

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Didn't their whole 2.0 info blitz specifically say they weren't going to do that? That's lousy. :(

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Summer Crates could be like hero crates. Where you are guaranteed a Summer item, but they are not the exclusive way to get one.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Toshimo posted:

Yeah. That means if you were stacking crates now, you were basically gimping yourself on the event.

How does that gimp yourself on the event?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Hopefully they don't copy the part where they triple the shard cost for poo poo, because getting 1600 shards is considerably difficult in the first place.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because they'll have a brand new type of crate specifically for that event.

Loot for the Summer Event would t drop in regular crates.

Which means they can fill them with 'junk' items like sprays and portraits, on top of the rarer skins.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Because they'll have a brand new type of crate specifically for that event.

Loot for the Summer Event would t drop in regular crates.

Which means they can fill them with 'junk' items like sprays and portraits, on top of the rarer skins.

Are you saying a crate you get now is one less crate you will get in the future? This only makes sense if you're saving crates now because you don't plan on playing during the summer event.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because if you were levelling a bunch of low heroes to stack crates, then you'll get less crates during the event than you could have.

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010
No, you see, *adjusts glasses* the optimal way to get Summer loot given this new information is to get as many characters close to leveling as possible, so you can gain as many levels as possible within the stated duration of the event :tipshat:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don;t see anything wrong with maximizing the amount of Speedo Tychus you obtain.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Wow this thread sure went from

Toshimo posted:

Calm down. This stuff is obviously coming in a few weeks. If he wants to hoard his boxes at extra chances for Tychus loot, don't goon out about it.

to

:supaburn:

in a hurry

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gustav posted:

Wow this thread sure went from

to

:supaburn:

in a hurry

I'm still saving them for Malthael's release since there's a bunch of new stuff there, so I don't think this is the :iceburn: you really wanted it to be.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

C'mon, post the link too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptLje-3i174
I'm sad that these aren't in the PTR. As far as I know, they're all ready to be used.

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Is Drakken Laser Drill bugged? I had to furiously mash R to get it to deploy at all in this last game. Switching targets worked fine.
It used to be you could self-cast it and drop it directly on top of yourself, but I don't know if that changing is intended or not. It might not be, given that Gazlowe's turret placement was supposed to be fixed in a similar manner not too long ago.

Kith fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 6, 2017

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

Machine Gun Moonfire Malfurion puts out a concerning amount of damage, by the way.

I think I would be okay with all the healing nerfs if his offensive capabilities were increased but I don't think that's the case.

I have no idea what they were thinking when they moved Full Moonfire to level 4 since having to choose between that, Elune's Grace, and the new Vengeful Roots is pretty painful when you know there's nothing for you at level 13. Then at level 16 Revitalize seems like the only option and its way worse than Hardened Focus.

I haven't actually tried him out on the PTR but I'm hoping they eventually add in some better talents on those tiers.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Hey, TLV get a spray in a month. Come on man, give me a tint, that can't be too hard.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is Unraveler Zeratul in the Malthael patch or the summer event that's all I need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tender Bender posted:

Is Unraveler Zeratul in the Malthael patch or the summer event that's all I need to know.

Unraveler Zul, Tal Rasha Li-Ming, and Blood Raven Sylvanas are all Malthael patch.