Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Is there somewhere I can watch more Pete Dunne matches? Never really heard of him till that NXT Takeover show but gently caress he was good.

The WWE did a two day tournament with all the UK boys you should check out on the network

Otherwise get a subscription to PROGRESS on demand where he's the champ. Their shows are pretty hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

You have been known to exaggerate your insider knowledge.

When, where, what? Known by who? My track record is very strong. I've broken hundreads of stories on this forum in the NXT threads alone. Especially hiring news. I broke WWE rehiring the Hardys for crying out loud.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

There are reasons you are banned from DVDVR, Observer board etc..

The Observer board was a trolling board. I got banned from DVDVR for defending Meltzer.

Anyway what is so unbelievable about WWE hiring well into the double figures for the Women Tournament? They are well on their way anyway to that everyone they've hired from Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace on were at least slated for it.

When the Tournament was set for January Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace were in. Heidi is Ruby Riot now however. But Kimber will be in Tournament in July.

The Cruiserweight Classic resulted in the hiring of the same amount of people.

Dave Prazak publicly stated he expects to lose like 12-18 SHIMMER roster members. Why do you think RISE is a thing?

Please use some common sense before you attack me or say I need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Niwrad posted:

Is there somewhere I can watch more Pete Dunne matches? Never really heard of him till that NXT Takeover show but gently caress he was good.

Everything here's ever done. Just type his name into Youtube really. However as Oatgan said he's best know for his PROGRESS work. Additionally ATTACK! a comedy promotion. A few nights ago he dressed up as Tyler and Tyler dressed up as him. They then did a reversed roles version of their Takeover match.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think I'll check out Progress. The Jimmy Havoc stuff looks awesome too.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I think I'll check out Progress. The Jimmy Havoc stuff looks awesome too.

Some good Aleister Black matches in Progress as well.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
You should take Rovert posts, along with Meltz and any other dirtsheet, with a grain of salt. Sometimes they're flat out wrong, sometimes plans change, sometimes they're right. It's all very whatever.

Anyway, Dunne rules and is my favorite wrestler. Make him beat Roman Reigns ASAP.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You should take Rovert posts, along with Meltz and any other dirtsheet, with a grain of salt. Sometimes they're flat out wrong, sometimes plans change, sometimes they're right. It's all very whatever.

I have a higher accuracy rate than current Meltzer especially on this subject though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

rovert posted:

I have a higher accuracy rate than current Meltzer especially on this subject though.

Hmmmm, I dunno. How many stars did you give the UK champ match at Takeover?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rovert did nothing wrong

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rovert did nothing wrong

I haven't.

Speaking of this unfathomable concept that they will sign more than a dozen names even though they more or less have already. Hojo's goodbye today:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/871244324108881920

There's a lot of women wrestlers undergoing the WWE medical in July too.

Been lead to believe the Mae Young Classic's "Brian Kendrick" will be revealed this week. Sincerely don't know who the ex-WWE person is. The likes of Victoria, Winter, Melina etc all still wrestle though.

rovert fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 4, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, has Hojo recently had her medical (or had it already)?

Reason I ask is because she's brought up in numerous interviews that she's had several concussions in the past (it was one of her factors in considering retirement at one point), and I know WWE is adverse (at times) to hiring people with a history of them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, has Hojo recently had her medical (or had it already)?

Reason I ask is because she's brought up in numerous interviews that she's had several concussions in the past (it was one of her factors in considering retirement at one point), and I know WWE is adverse (at times) to hiring people with a history of them.

If she is signed she would have already yeah.

I don't put too much stock in the WWE medical. The Hardy Boys passed for full time competition. As well as indie wrestlers who privately have reputations for a large amount of concussions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medical tests aren't looking for (and can't detect anyway) encephalopathy and symptoms of that can take years to develop.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you were going to not sign indie workers with a past concussion history you would likely have nobody to sign.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

When, where, what? Known by who? My track record is very strong. I've broken hundreads of stories on this forum in the NXT threads alone. Especially hiring news. I broke WWE rehiring the Hardys for crying out loud.

The Observer board was a trolling board. I got banned from DVDVR for defending Meltzer.

Anyway what is so unbelievable about WWE hiring well into the double figures for the Women Tournament? They are well on their way anyway to that everyone they've hired from Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace on were at least slated for it.

When the Tournament was set for January Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace were in. Heidi is Ruby Riot now however. But Kimber will be in Tournament in July.

The Cruiserweight Classic resulted in the hiring of the same amount of people.

Dave Prazak publicly stated he expects to lose like 12-18 SHIMMER roster members. Why do you think RISE is a thing?

Please use some common sense before you attack me or say I need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I can't imagine why you keep getting banned, you handle criticism so maturely (and this wasn't even really critical).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I can't imagine why you keep getting banned, you handle criticism so maturely (and this wasn't even really critical).

roverts never been banned, idiot. stop trying to start poo poo b/c you have nothing better to post

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Move on.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Apparently there was a gunman at Full Sail this morning and several people were killed

:(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Apparently there was a gunman at Full Sail this morning and several people were killed

:(

The shooting was at a business near Full Sail that makes RV parts.

Not confirmed by the cops yet but the news have interviewed an employee's sister.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Or you can't admit being wrong. Where's the immaturity? I would have PM'd you here but you don't have your inbox enabled. Although I do have several friends set for the MYC and expected to be signed. 12-18 people being signed isn't insider knowledge Prazak and others have quoted it or an obvious expectation given how the Cruiserweight Classic went. You on the other hand didn't back up your claims about me when asked.

In the future Norwegian Rudo instead of sniping either don't passive aggressively share what I say if you don't trust it or ask me further here or via PM/DM. I can't be fairer than that.

Sorry Jerusalem handling it here was the only option. It is a new week so moving on.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FullSail/status/871743508272611328

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
As long as Leo Gao is OK

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot more will be known about WWE UK taping and live event schedule wise this week as well some talent contract news.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/871795899445411840 Cruiserweight Classic competitor Fabian Aichner too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

another cosplayer eh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Taynara Melo, Sarah Logan, Victoria González, Julia Ho, Kimber Lee, Zhao Xia, Lacey Evans, Mary Kate, Bianca Blair & Danielle Kamela are Performance Center people in the MYC per PWInsider.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's too many PC people for this to be any good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yep

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

both tourneys had their share of nobodys and were good. It's definitely preferable to their raiding women of honor or whatever.

Glad to hear about Eichner, he was a little bit spotty in his CWC showing but still pretty impressive

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I am hopeful for Taynara, I think a judo black belt could develop an interesting style.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/871843021310107648

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Super No Vacancy posted:

Gotta have jobbers

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Was Devlin offered?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Was Devlin offered?

I dunno. I am too much of a scaredy cat to ask Irish wrestling folk who I am friendly with stuff like that to be honest. On a side note I really have my fingers and toes crossed for Kate Harvey to be in the MYC.

Devlin had one of the best matches I've ever seen live against Moose last night in Dublin. Wise US or casual fans saw that version of him and not the dude who had a poo poo weekend in the UK tournament.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I am hopeful for Taynara, I think a judo black belt could develop an interesting style.

Not at the performance centre lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
WWE should just reopen FCW at this point with the amount of people they have

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Or you can't admit being wrong. Where's the immaturity? I would have PM'd you here but you don't have your inbox enabled. Although I do have several friends set for the MYC and expected to be signed. 12-18 people being signed isn't insider knowledge Prazak and others have quoted it or an obvious expectation given how the Cruiserweight Classic went. You on the other hand didn't back up your claims about me when asked.

In the future Norwegian Rudo instead of sniping either don't passive aggressively share what I say if you don't trust it or ask me further here or via PM/DM. I can't be fairer than that.

All I did was make it clear where the rumour was coming from so people could make up their own mind about whether they wanted to believe it. Never said a word about whether I personally believed it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn's greatest hits in NXT. I've avoided watching Sami vs Neville for the longest time because I wanted all the context of Sami's journey and I wanna just go do it already.

• Locked thread