Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
bring back crash team racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i'm a 90s baby

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

bring back diddy kong racing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Uncharted racer.

Unkarted.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Days Gone is actually just the second chapter of the new God of War game.

They really took it in a weird direction.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IceOrb posted:

Days Gone is actually just the second chapter of the new God of War game.

They really took it in a weird direction.

The kinda funny playstation superfan, forget his name, says his friends that work at the studio assure him its not just a zombie game but heres hoping

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Uncharted racer.

Unkarted.

I'd rather have UnKarted 10 out of 10 times than anytthing new from Uncharted or Last of Us

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

The kinda funny playstation superfan, forget his name, says his friends that work at the studio assure him its not just a zombie game but heres hoping

It's not just a zombie game, it's also an open-world survival crafting game with lootboxes and roguelike elements.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exquisite tea posted:

It's not just a zombie game, it's also an open-world survival crafting game with lootboxes and roguelike elements.

Is it also Souls like?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Needs more Metroidvania elements and 2D pixel art.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Blackfyre posted:

Here's hoping. Maybe valve will even have something. (I know they won't).

Everyone who made single-player games at Valve has quit so yeah, Valve is never making anything ever again.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

1stGear posted:

Everyone who made single-player games at Valve has quit so yeah, Valve is never making anything ever again.

I only noted the writers (Wolpaw, Laidlaw et al) leaving but I lost hope at that point for anything new and interesting. Chet has gone too so I was kinda hoping for an OMM return but he's drunk the VR kool aid and that's where his desires lay.

It's weird they are so successful but it feels like the valve I loved are well and truly gone.

Speaking of I still don't really get Mobas. Really wanted to love DOTA 2 but just seems like a game that's pretty bad? Takes too much time per round these days for me too.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

1stGear posted:

I'd ask if they could just throw money at developers to make something for them, but I guess they're already doing that with community hats and levels in TF2. Valve don't need to make it to publish games under their name, but I guess they don't even care to do that with all of their money when there's stupid VR toys, mouses and terrible controllers to sell.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Crabtree posted:

I'd ask if they could just throw money at developers to make something for them, but I guess they're already doing that with community hats and levels in TF2. Valve don't need to make it to publish games under their name, but I guess they don't even care to do that with all of their money when there's stupid VR toys, mouses and terrible controllers to sell.

Thing is, they have hired people known specifically for their gameplay design in recent years. They poached Brad Muir from Doublefine and brought on some of the Kerbal guys so they have to be working on something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, hats

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Half Life 3 will be a clicker game as part of the next Steam Sale

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

I only noted the writers (Wolpaw, Laidlaw et al) leaving but I lost hope at that point for anything new and interesting. Chet has gone too so I was kinda hoping for an OMM return but he's drunk the VR kool aid and that's where his desires lay.

It's weird they are so successful but it feels like the valve I loved are well and truly gone.

Speaking of I still don't really get Mobas. Really wanted to love DOTA 2 but just seems like a game that's pretty bad? Takes too much time per round these days for me too.

To understand the appeal of MOBAs, First you have to be filled with a deep deep self hatred. Then, a burning desire to inflict that hurt onto others for 45 minutes at a time

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Half Life 3 will be hidden in Frog Fractions 3

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Oh man what if Valve announce more terrible hardware. Maybe not terrible but totally meh.

Remember when, as it was Valve, journos were spunking over the controller and how it was so good it let you play KB+M games on your TV? Got a steam link and it was ok not great over wifi and a bit lamed once I got a 4K TV but the steam controller was so shockingly unpleasant to use. Thought it would be better based on the coverage. Ended up with a 360 controller.

Who knows since all the Xbox one games are coming to PC maybe they will announce the Scorpio will stream PC games too. Gotta say since 2013 I've struggled to maintain interest in Microsofts gaming ventures. Almost can't remember what it was like when 360 ruled the roost and had some of the most popular brands.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's hard to overstate how badly Microsoft screwed the pooch on X-Box over the course of just a few years. Even Sega took a couple failed peripheral hardware ventures and two console generations to completely go under.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Blackfyre posted:

Remember when, as it was Valve, journos were spunking over the controller and how it was so good it let you play KB+M games on your TV? Got a steam link and it was ok not great over wifi and a bit lamed once I got a 4K TV but the steam controller was so shockingly unpleasant to use. Thought it would be better based on the coverage. Ended up with a 360 controller.

Eh the steam controller is super divisive though. I personally get a lot of use out of mine for games with not particularly great gamepad support. The biggest issue I have with it is how cheap it feels, but I own an xbox one elite pad so I'm hilariously spoiled on that front.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saturn and Dreamcast both had games worth playing on them though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only people I'd trust to carry on the Half-Life series at this point would be id Software, Arkane, or like Guerrila Games maybe

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Saturn and Dreamcast both had games worth playing on them though.

SEGA was brutally wounded, but the soul still burns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Also unlike Microsoft, Sega still makes games that people actually want to play.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
XBox Scorpio no more...

It's now...

Dreamcast 2

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Gorgolflox posted:

XBox Scorpio no more...

It's now...

Dreamcast 2

I'm thinking more Jaguar 2. It's super strong guys! Just no games.

(I don't remember the Jaguar being that powerful mind).

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I think i saw my first scorpio teaser it had a rhinoceros bursting out of the chest of a muscular man. see you next week it said

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
MS may 'win' E3 if their presentation is a recreation of the battle in the Simpsons ep with Hank Scorpio and Phil Spencer just starts using a flamethrower on people and laughing maniacally. Then every live gold user gets a share of The Denver Broncos.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Make it so

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Overbite posted:

Make it so

Just remake all the games from the first year of the PSone launch starting with Loaded HD.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Did you know FIFA 2005 came out on the PS1 too?

Early days of PS1 make me think of the tall boxes they had for a bit. I think i had Twisted Metal, Warhawk, Tekken and Battle Arena Toshinden in those monstrosities.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Overbite posted:

Make it so

I loved Jumping Flash. Man I miss finding really weird but fun games like that. Even indie games typically follow a pretty standard aesthetic now

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Zelder posted:

*banging fists on table* I WANT POKKEN

Nintendo pokemon direct revealed this.

Pokken on the switch.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vakal posted:

Just remake all the games from the first year of the PSone launch starting with Loaded HD.

I don't remember this marvel character from the 90s

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Nintendo pokemon direct revealed this.

Pokken on the switch.

I know! It's good, I'm finally happy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's time for Zero Divide 3, bundled with Tinier Phalanx.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I never played it but Zero Divide always sounded like a cool name for a shmup or something.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was bad and also had a sequel to Phalanx hidden in it with a cheat code since it was the same devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DLC Inc posted:

the only people I'd trust to carry on the Half-Life series at this point would be id Software, Arkane, or like Guerrila Games maybe

Machine Games. The New Order is basically Half-life 2 only with Techno-Nazis instead of Interdimensional Nazis.

• Locked thread