Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Really? It was like a headline at most game sites like... last year? Mostly because people noticed the Decima engine logo that showed up in the 2nd trailer and asking what that was.
Oh, guess I wasn't paying much attention then. I actually didn't know what HZD was until it got released and people started talking it up here. This and whatever gets algorithmically pushed into my Google Now feed on the days I happen to look at it is about all my gaming news exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I'll

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFD9cX7a87o

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

It looks like Wipeout Omega can't be bought from the PSN site...?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm. Hadn't even heard of Agents of Mayhem until tonight. Looks like they did exactly what I was expecting them too with Saints Row. The street game motif was getting incredibly awkward there by SR3. Funny they kept it in the same universe but ditched the name though.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

ovaries posted:

It looks like Wipeout Omega can't be bought from the PSN site...?

If you do a search at the top it pops right up for preorder

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Mr President posted:

If you do a search at the top it pops right up for preorder

There's no preorder/purchase button on its store page though. I can only add it to my wishlist.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just looked and i dont see a button to actually buy it either

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just bought it. Maybe it's switching from preorder to on sale in the US and that's hosed the button up.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
According to Sony:

Business Insider posted:

Sony has sold 1 million PlayStation VR headsets since its launch in October 2016.
One in five PlayStation 4 consoles sold since November have been the new, souped-up "Pro" model.
"Horizon Zero Dawn," the flagship PlayStation 4 exclusive, has sold 3.4 million copies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've seen that kind of weird transitional period from time to time for as long as they have been doing preorders. I attributed it to the very basis of PSN being based on early 90s technology and not suited to like...anything modern at all.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

lmao Uncharted and Killzone got shoved out of the way quick to make way for the new flagship IP.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen that kind of weird transitional period from time to time for as long as they have been doing preorders. I attributed it to the very basis of PSN being based on early 90s technology and not suited to like...anything modern at all.

The internet has been trash since day one. Just buy the game at Target like a normal person.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mr President posted:

lmao Uncharted and Killzone got shoved out of the way quick to make way for the new flagship IP.

I didn't see any mention of Knack 2? :confused:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I didn't see any mention of Knack 2? :confused:

Dude Knack was a contingency incase Crash Bandicoot couldn't be revived. Now that the real deal is back knack is just a dumb redundancy. Sequel was made to try and save jobs at Japan Studio (who's last 6 games have all bombed) and keep Cerny happy so he keeps designing new playstations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr President posted:

uncharted 4 sold 3 times as much as hzd

hzd's impressive for a new ip though and will definitely close the gap a bit when it gets a holiday season of sales i'd imagine

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr President posted:

Uh, UC4 sold like 9 million copies and obviously Killzone was shoved out of the way because they were working on HZD.

E:beaten

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Why are you guy telling ME that? I'm referring to that Business Insider article that was posted a few posts up. Sony themselves consider Horizon the main flagship ps4 game according to the article.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

until GOW or TLOU2 at least

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think they are quoting Sony with that and I think "new flagship title" just means new IP that is popular in web writer speak.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mr President posted:

Why are you guy telling ME that? I'm referring to that Business Insider article that was posted a few posts up. Sony themselves consider Horizon the main flagship ps4 game according to the article.

It just meant it was the major exclusive for the time period it was released. nobody is saying HZD is the new sole exclusive big deal ps4 franchise for all time

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Star Man posted:

I like anime. There's just something about Persona that's just too much for me.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is also pretty good, at the very least far better than you'd expect from a Digimon game. The combat loop is similar to Persona with a bit of Final Fantasy X, and there's an easy way to mitigate the grind to the point that you can basically get any Digimon you want well before endgame unless there's a subquest requirement.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Did the PS4 port of Cybersleuth get rid of the save game corruption the Vita version exhibited?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wipeout givin me ALL the old feels.

I want 2097 / XL done up modernized.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wipeout

Pretty much exactly what we should have been expecting, hits all the right spots. Do not expect anything new, it's just Wipeout on the big screen. If you've never played Wipeout, but are trying Omega, you're in for a treat. Once you get the feel down again and :catdrugs: into the music it's dope.

I haven't dabbled with anything online yet, but largely seems to be something you'd have to coordinate beforehand. Seems to be one game but the three games campaigns are all separate? Or?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 6, 2017

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Real hurthling! posted:

Madden is copying them this year

The story mode in FIFA this year was a neat addition but it was super linear

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo, Wipeout, calm down. I'm not a young man anymore.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Mr President posted:

Uncharted and Killzone haven't had games out this year, in fairness.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, if you're on the fence over buying a PS4 Pro it looks like JB Hi-Fi's having a one-day sale tomorrow with PS4 Pro's as one of the big front-page items. No price listed, but I assume it'll be something decent.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Physical Wipeout has a neat slip cover that looks like an old school PS1 case :3:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked up a extra shift today not remembering Wipeout was coming out RIP

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/872075615477927936

Here's some anime.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Even if anime high schools have boys in them they rarely matter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only bad thing about Wipeout is it reminding me how much I suck at a Wipeout.

Good

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even if anime high schools have boys in them they rarely matter.

Someone's forgetting Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Anime af

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wipeout Omega is good as gently caress and I don't want to sleep because I've only had a chance to do four races.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I think when I renew my PS+ subscription I'll use the rest of the "spend $100, get $15" to grab Crash Bandicoot and Wipeout.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone's forgetting Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Someone clearly didn't pay attention to the post-credit stinger series "High School Girls are Funky" after every episode, and further more :pseudo:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Here's a mystery title from Rebellion for presentation tomorrow
https://twitter.com/AntiquitiesDept
There's a signup on the site for god knows what.