Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

What do you mean?

Abort, abort!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

What do you mean?

Don't respond in earnest to a silly oddium post, that's how she absorbs people's essence!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I know we joke a lot about Randy Pitchford but I am worried he is legit going to have a heart attack replying to every single person on Twitter who says BB is going F2P instead of it being an "Unlimited Free Trial".

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

glam rock hamhock posted:

I would be all for Roadhog getting that outfit though.

I was thinking Urgot, what with the weapon arms and all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

[aside] check this out

didn't guilty gear just copy blaze blue

Bb is the game the devs made in a brief period when they didnt have the rights to make more gg. They have grown to be pretty distinct now

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Tekken with Pokemon, made by Namco.

its really not like tekken at all beyond having references to the series. its pretty much its own thing entirely but it's super fun. namco makes really good fgs, this is a great year to be playing them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

babypolis posted:

dont forget stripper mercy and stripper mcree

Sunning posted:

And Sephiroth, Ezio, and an Imperial Stormtrooper.

they at least had to create the semblance of some original art for these. there's literally a kung fu panda and sylvester stallone in there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokken means pocket fist

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo should pay Namco to make a Soul Calibur except it's all Fire Emblem characters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo should pay Namco to make a Soul Calibur except it's all Fire Emblem characters

nintendo publishes their own all fire emblem fighter, called super smash brothers

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sharrrk posted:

its really not like tekken at all beyond having references to the series. its pretty much its own thing entirely but it's super fun. namco makes really good fgs, this is a great year to be playing them

it was good shorthand! :mad:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

edit

And besides, boycotts for video games have always meant nothing

Much respect to the guy in the list playing Audiosurf

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

they at least had to create the semblance of some original art for these. there's literally a kung fu panda and sylvester stallone in there

Actually according to the translate function on my phone that's not Sylvester Stallone it's
THE FIRST DROP OF BLOOD MUST FIRST GET A HERO ?

I think I can guess what they're going for there, but why?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Real hurthling! posted:

Bb is the game the devs made in a brief period when they didnt have the rights to make more gg. They have grown to be pretty distinct now

How did they lose and regain the rights anyway

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Nina posted:

very carefully

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nina posted:

think they got sued by the blaze blue guys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:staredog:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

oddium posted:

think they got sued by the blaze blue guys

Oh you~

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Battleborn Free Trial is a whole new way to experience Battleborn without having to pay a dime. The Free Trial encompasses UNLIMITED Competitive Multiplayer play, including access to all four competitive multiplayer modes, a rotating roster of free playable heroes, and the same character and account growth and progression you would find in the full game.

lol how is it that they manage to gently caress up every single part of the failed game manifesto

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how has the team behind battleborn not been completely liquidated as an incredible waste of money and resources

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I made a D&D joke at work and 3 of the guys I work with now want me to come over for Friday night game night and eghhhhhhhhhh :suicide:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Quest For Glory II posted:

The Battleborn Free Trial is a whole new way to experience Battleborn without having to pay a dime. The Free Trial encompasses UNLIMITED Competitive Multiplayer play, including access to all four competitive multiplayer modes, a rotating roster of free playable heroes, and the same character and account growth and progression you would find in the full game.

lol how is it that they manage to gently caress up every single part of the failed game manifesto

I'm still not going to play your game, QFGII.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

suuma posted:

I made a D&D joke at work and 3 of the guys I work with now want me to come over for Friday night game night and eghhhhhhhhhh :suicide:

Are they cool guys and do you have any other plans Friday night? If the answers are "yes" and "no", you should give it a shot. D&D is fun

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Let's go with "sort of" and "not really but I have a 3 month old at home".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rexroom posted:

Will there ever be a stealth based game as good as the original Thief series?

say what you want about yahtzee but The Art of the Steal is good af

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

suuma posted:

Let's go with "sort of" and "not really but I have a 3 month old at home".

so is it the baby or do you just not wanna play? my gf recently joined her work d&d group and she's a little overwhelmed but likes it a lot

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I will give it a shot :)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bring the baby, give it a gimmick character with 1s in all stats and describe it as a method player

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

how has the team behind battleborn not been completely liquidated as an incredible waste of money and resources

I assume because the biggest dudes in the company were attached

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So this is far from scientific, but despite going F2P ("No it's not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" - Randy Pitchford), Steamcharts shows under 400 people playing Battleborn as of 35 minutes ago. :lol:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quest For Glory II posted:

Sometimes when I need a pickmeup I go to Steam's concurrent user page and find Battleborn usually wedged somewhere in between Saint's Row 2 and anime VNs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i started over in No Man's Sky again and it clicked for me better than ever, i got lost on a planet with huge mountains and vast caves and really insane rock formations and i finally got around to making a vehicle

shame it launched half-finished because the game is good af right now and there's at least one more big DLC (possibly a paid, story-based one too)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
No Man's Sky was a really good thread.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

Sixteen moderators of No Man’s Sky-devoted subreddits r/NoMansSkyTheGame, r/NMSportals and r/NMSGalacticHub each received cassette tapes, numbered from 1 – 16. What’s on the tapes is currently unknown, but reader speculation is running rampant on Reddit.

yeah something is def happening at E3 it looks like

e: tape 3 Came with a note saying "The giant gateway calls out to me, filling my mind with whispered secrets of a far-flung world", which is an ingame line related to portals, Hello Games asking for shipping address

tape 7 Came with a poster, quote says something is "next", had the same note as 3, Played the tape, it's 0.065 days of static

so 65DOS did record new music for the game a while back, soooooo

i'm hype

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
No Man's Sky: Revelations

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No Man's Strange

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No Man's Skies

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's an ARG because that's the sound everyone made when they saw the center of the Galaxy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Immortan Joeverwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm getting slightly creeped out by the fact that every time i start playing NMS again, i find out they're working on an update the very next day

it's like they know i'm the only one playing

• Locked thread