Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*slowly turns head towards camera*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Don't overstate it, now. Eromanga-Sensei is just ecchi. And not even the super blatant tits-every-five-seconds type of ecchi either.

The real test is how much you can stomach a teen harem comedy where the main girl is the 15-year-old MC's not-blood-related 12-year-old sister.

(And also everybody is a super-successful LN author by the age of 14.)

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
No idea on sales, but I'd wager that the viewers who could get past the premise and talk about it openly were going to rate it highly anyway.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

http://osomatsusan.com/special/2series/sp/

Osomatsu S2 in October!!!!!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Noice.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:toot:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tons of great news today!

Pro-click

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

No plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOlWHMbduw

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I really need to catch up on eromanga sensei I've only seen the first ep

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so which show gets the og osomatsu writer/director team? both this and classicaloid are airing in October and had shared staff

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
the fujo demographic is mighty indeed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

No idea on sales, but I'd wager that the viewers who could get past the premise and talk about it openly were going to rate it highly anyway.

its the most popular show in every age group for both genders this season

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

I can't believe the Symphogears are going to defend slavery.

They already worked with the Ahnenerbe in S1 and had 9/11-chan make them suicide brooches in S3. This is par for the course.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mirage posted:

(And also everybody is a super-successful LN author by the age of 14.)

That'd explain why so much of it is poo poo. Really kinda hoped to see an LN equivalent to Bakuman, instead it's Oreimo cranked up to 11.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it is literally written by the writer of oreimo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

a person could reasonably expect different things from one author, or be surprised by how much further a work indulges in elements present in previous work.

though idk if this really works for going into the show with an incest premise by a dude who is known for his other incest story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eromanga is okay and just about everyone on this forum has a show they like with something weirder going on

source: i like symphogear and lol @ the fine/chris scenes in s1

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

they're right

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Davincie posted:

Do you have a link for this?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anyone try Atom: the Beginning, I don't think I saw a single person mention it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ero manga is fine but I'm not gonna judge anyone casting aspersions on the premise

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone try Atom: the Beginning, I don't think I saw a single person mention it.

the op is good. the first ep was kinda boring. that's my review.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I tried the first EP, didn't really like it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would probably be helpful to know where dav is getting his information, because eromanga certainly isn't dethroning any of the regular top five watched anime, and precure/dbs/mha are the only newer seasonal shows breaking the top 10.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
given the current top rated post on https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/ I'm not really buying the argument that eromanga is fine

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It exists. I lump it in the same category as Young Blackjack. Not terrible but pretty underwhelming considering the pedigree they're dealing with.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

Do you have a link for this?

ok so only 4th for women
http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/05/15/230003?utm_campaign=ANN

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah yes, a poll centered around using a specific site, limited by that site's library, that was taken at season start and relies on self-reporting. no mention of their feelings on the shows beyond that they were watching it at that time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

For the record, that's shows aired on that streaming service, which means that Hero Academia and Re:Creators aren't on there. Given what a megahit it is, I can see the absence of MHA skewing the numbers a little.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The low ranking for Frame Arms Girls alone should be enough to make people doubt that poll.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm sorta astonished that the largest grouping on that poll are users in their 40s, and and yeah even the 50 and 60 year olds are watching Eromanga sensei.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/braidcut/status/872109160179040256

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The Colonel posted:

I know, the guy behind Death Note did Bakuman. Those two are nothing like eachother. Oreimo also had flashes of good and an actually decent bait and switch on how it would end.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
John Wick's almost made me wish that Keanu Reeves Cowboy Beebop joint panned out...

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I am unconvinced for the reasons dogsicle mentioned.

E: the way that information was presented on that site seems a little deceptive to me..

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 6, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Here's a Japanese poll, centered around using a specific site, limited by that site's library, that was taken at season start and relies on self-reporting. no mention of their feelings on the shows beyond that they were watching it at that time: http://charapedia.jp/research/0158/

#2 overall and for men, not in the top ten for women.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Love Tyrant is a really good, fun comedy that happens to feature much more kissing and sibling love than Eromanga.

Attack on Titan is another really good comedy this season.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mine has more votes and on the biggest streaming site, obviously more accurate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

mine has more votes and on the biggest streaming site*, obviously more accurate

*according to Anime Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009