Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ze Pollack posted:

Proper elf character design should make it so that it is impossible to distinguish the two unless you are staring directly at their face model, and even then make frequent mistakes

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Elf
[ ] Dwarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean... if you want the answer to that question, go try modding it in yourself? I assume you would have the same issue that the Lamian Vampiress Lords had, in that their name draws from a pool of male lords with no way to fix that up. But ya know, go nuts.

So I guess my answer to your question is "I dunno, why don't you go find out?" If I was forced to come up with a reason, it's because making two units literally identical except one is female and the other isn't sounds like a case of unit bloat for no mechanical gain. And any mechanical change that could be made (such as this.) would be one that would annoy someone. so in the end your options are "Something pointless that has no mechanical merit and is only done to satisfy the people who are upset that their lord doesn't have the same genitals they have" and "Something that is mechanically different but upsetting someone because Tropes."

So yeah, that'd be my reason. This isn't a roleplaying game and having two lords that mechanically play exactly the same way just one is a different gender seems like a waste of time since that effort could be put into making... anything else that might have an actual mechanical difference, male or female or beast.

Oh and I'd feel the same way in a reverse situation, because it doesn't matter I never play so close to a unit I can see what they look like anyway so it's never mattered to me.

Cythereal posted:

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Elf
[ ] Dwarf

Uh, It's Barbarian, Wizard, Elf, Dwarf ya classist.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My mistake, the glade lord disparity only applies to multiplayer, where the female variant is by far the more popular pick due to the AoK.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ze Pollack posted:

Like, the only one who would be worth seeing I can think of is Grom the Paunch, Goblin Warboss, who historically led an invasion of Ulthuan. Slapping him on Ulthuan gives something for elves to do earlygame, and also would get you a greenskin start away from the goddamned Badlands.

Gorbad Ironclaw would be decent as an orc-cavalry focused lord. Among the dwarf lords Josef Bugman would turn out broken for his ability to heal his troops, and I'd love to see Grimm Burloksonn as an engineer lord (there's already too many drat "grims" hanging around). There's quite a few Empire lords that would be fun if they were spun off into their own factions, and there's too many Warriors of Chaos characters remaining to go into. My favorite would be Wulfrik the Wanderer, blessed with the gift of language just so he can insult anyone he meets. The only remarkable omission from the Vampire Counts is of course Krell, who is Kemmler's bodyguard/traveling buddy.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Onmi posted:

I mean... if you want the answer to that question, go try modding it in yourself? I assume you would have the same issue that the Lamian Vampiress Lords had, in that their name draws from a pool of male lords with no way to fix that up. But ya know, go nuts.

So I guess my answer to your question is "I dunno, why don't you go find out?" If I was forced to come up with a reason, it's because making two units literally identical except one is female and the other isn't sounds like a case of unit bloat for no mechanical gain. And any mechanical change that could be made (such as this.) would be one that would annoy someone. so in the end your options are "Something pointless that has no mechanical merit and is only done to satisfy the people who are upset that their lord doesn't have the same genitals they have" and "Something that is mechanically different but upsetting someone because Tropes."

So yeah, that'd be my reason. This isn't a roleplaying game and having two lords that mechanically play exactly the same way just one is a different gender seems like a waste of time since that effort could be put into making... anything else that might have an actual mechanical difference, male or female or beast.

Oh and I'd feel the same way in a reverse situation, because it doesn't matter I never play so close to a unit I can see what they look like anyway so it's never mattered to me.

Uh, It's Barbarian, Wizard, Elf, Dwarf ya classist.

my solution would be giving them subtly different unit portraits and identical models, because I am HUGELY lazy, like you have no idea

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Triskelli posted:

Gorbad Ironclaw would be decent as an orc-cavalry focused lord. Among the dwarf lords Josef Bugman would turn out broken for his ability to heal his troops, and I'd love to see Grimm Burloksonn as an engineer lord (there's already too many drat "grims" hanging around). There's quite a few Empire lords that would be fun if they were spun off into their own factions, and there's too many Warriors of Chaos characters remaining to go into. My favorite would be Wulfrik the Wanderer, blessed with the gift of language just so he can insult anyone he meets. The only remarkable omission from the Vampire Counts is of course Krell, who is Kemmler's bodyguard/traveling buddy.

My picks for a new LL for each existing faction at this point would be something along the lines of:

Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow, closest thing the Dwarfs have to a caster lord and emphasizing the Anvil of Doom.

Empire: Elspeth von Draken. Interesting starting position, death wizard LL for the Empire, and a motherfucking dragon.

Chaos: Valkia the Bloody. Flyer LL with an aim towards buffing, and a proper killy Khorne lord to offset Sigvald.

Vampire Counts: Krell, of course.

Orcs: Gorbad for orc cavalry, yeah.

Wood Elves: Sisters of Twilight. Interesting dual unit now that we have the goblins proving it can be done.

Beastmen: Taurox the Brass Bull. Because you were never playing this game with friends anyway.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ze Pollack posted:

my solution would be giving them subtly different unit portraits and identical models, because I am HUGELY lazy, like you have no idea

I am literally fine with like... different abilities. I haven't noticed some units gender because I've never had the time in battle to zoom down and look. I've been busy fighting the battle. I do know the All Tabletop Lords mod has issues with the Lahmian Countess

EDIT: As an aside, I just saw this when I was looking up Empire Stuff

It's a little weird to me that beyond the Chancellor of the Imperial Treasury and Spiritual Leader, none of those roles are represented in the Empire's Offices

Onmi fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 6, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen the rules for the sisters of twilight, but that should be quite easy to manage. Just make sure that they start off mounted and that the combined model shoots two arrows at once.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Empire: Elspeth von Draken. Interesting starting position, death wizard LL for the Empire, and a motherfucking dragon.

I heard something like she was a character made for forgeworld and isn't actually a real character in the lore? Something about how the only human (non-chaos) character who can ride a dragon is Franz with the imperial dragon. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

I heard something like she was a character made for forgeworld and isn't actually a real character in the lore? Something about how the only human (non-chaos) character who can ride a dragon is Franz with the imperial dragon. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

Elspeth is a Forgeworld character, but FW is apart of GW. So she's certainly apart of the law, just never used. Besides her model is loving beautiful

EDIT: Also, mechanically she'd be one of the most interesting, bringing a Death wizard to the Empire. Kinda like Gelt except her lore isn't poo poo garbage.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Onmi posted:

Elspeth is a Forgeworld character, but FW is apart of GW. So she's certainly apart of the law, just never used. Besides her model is loving beautiful

In that case how do they explain the dragon thing? Could have sworn Franz was supposed to be the only human who could ride a dragon.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stephen9001 posted:

In that case how do they explain the dragon thing? Could have sworn Franz was supposed to be the only human who could ride a dragon.

It's less that he's the only human who CAN ride a dragon and more that the Empire as an entity only really owns one dragon and it lives in the Emperor's private zoo, to the point where it's called The Imperial Dragon.

If Joe Elector Count(or Elspeth) somehow got their hands on a dragon of their own and managed to tame it, then there's no real reason they couldn't ride one.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stephen9001 posted:

He's the only one brave enough to ride the Imperial Dragon specifically, which is otherwise kept in the zoo and probably fed captured goblinselves.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

No being able to ride a dragon isn't a magical property. Karl just has massive balls and cows the only regular dragon the Empire has. A carmine Dragon is associated with the winds of death, it's a different beast compared to the Imperial Dragon.

As an aside, the other Empire Special Characters who probably should have some rep in the game at some time pretty much come down to

quote:

Kurt Helborg - Kurt Helborg, is Karl Franz's closest friend, and one of the greatest military minds in the entire Empire. He is known by most as the Reikmarshal, having full authority when it comes to military affairs, second only in command to the Emperor himself. Kurt is an exceptional warrior as well as a leader and tactician, and has been responsible for leading many battles against the Empire's foes from as far north as Kislev to the furthest south as Araby.

Obvious one, the Reiksmarshal is an office in the game, easily slots in the Grandmaster lord type, and Kurt's just kinda cool

quote:

Ludwig Schwarzhelm - Lugwig, also known as the Emperor's Champion is another close friend of Emperor Karl Franz and bodyguard to his lord. Not only is he a very skillful swordsman, but he is also the envoy of Karl Franz himself, often acting as his emissary towards several other provinces for political reasons, such as an edict the supposed lord has refused to accept or to uphold the Emperor's justice.

Really more likely as a hero/part of Karl like Krell is to Kemmler, but yeah kind of important?

quote:

Markus Wulfhart - also known by most as the Huntsmarshal or Captain of Scouts, is the Emperor's most superb Monster Hunter, as well as an exceptional leader and scout. He and his band of Monster Hunters are the greatest in the Old World, hunting down the greatest and most terrible beasts from the dark dense woods of the Empire, not stopping until the day comes that no other beast shall ever be seen once again in the Great Forest.

Interesting because Markus gives a giant slayer/ranged lord to the Empire armies that isn't also a caster. He could also give his troops vanguard deployment.

quote:

Luthor Huss - known by some as the Prophet of Sigmar, is one of the Empire's most devout and zealous Warrior Priests across the land. His desire to smite chaos and all its forms drove this Warrior Priest to scorch the land of Beastmen tribes, Chaos cults, and Imperial corruption wherever he goes. Though his deeds were just, his actions have unveiled the corruption from within the Church of Sigmar itself, and it came to pass that an Arch Lector has asked the Grand Theogonist himself to excommunicate this man. Yet the Theogonist was a just man himself, and knew something about Luthor Huss that no one else knows about, and with a smile upon hearing his deeds, he dismisses the ordeal.

Again, more like a Hero than a legendary lord, I think he works more like the Green Knight than anything else. He isn't always around, but he always shows up to smash skulls.

quote:

Marius Leitdorf - also known as Elector Count Marius Lietdorf of Averland "the Mad", is both a Count of the Empire and also as an exceptional swordsman and leader, but having a known reputation of being mentally-ill, often screaming in rage one moment, then having a period of melancholy and laughter a moment later.

Kind of a harder one to justify, he's mostly there for comedy value, and also he's come down with a case of Death in the lore, but since the Empire Campaign starts at Karl's coronation, and Marius died after that point, you can justify him. I mean the benefit is Averland is right next to the Counts and it can head into the Border Princes and straight down into the badlands. Kinda reminds me of playing as Oda really, surrounded on all sides.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Onmi posted:

No being able to ride a dragon isn't a magical property. Karl just has massive balls and cows the only regular dragon the Empire has. A carmine Dragon is associated with the winds of death, it's a different beast compared to the Imperial Dragon.

Elspeth would also bring something unique to the Imperial table as a caster LL with death magic. And as the ruler of Nuln, she'd have her own starting position if not her own faction separate from Karl Franz.

I'd imagine her dragon would be reserved for a quest battle, though.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
In the tabletop and lore, Kemmler's cloak allows him to fly and turn ethereal. In game, the second half of this is represented. To correct this lack of power, I have done A Thing:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941228767

Kemmler's Flight turns Kemmler into a flying unit. He has no flying animations, and so will just sorta float there and look doofy, but it turns him into the only flying-by-default lord in the game and lets him fill a unique battlefield role. Not that that matters, it's mostly just a result of Gejnor and me talking until terrible ideas come out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

My main dislike for playing Empire is, if you try to go political and convince all the factions to join you, the Elector Counts are just... dudes. And yeah, in the lore the majority of them are just dudes. But I'd like them to be unique, have different abilities, not just be generic Lords.

And you know I'd almost find Emmanuelle von Liebwitz an interesting campaign to play as. Since she's only concerned with Nuln, like... she stone cold doesn't give a gently caress about Wissenland. I dunno, she's not like... a badass fighter, but I could see her just being like "My superpower is I have more money than god and I come from one of the most technologically impressive cities in the world." She rocks onto the battlefield with a squad of Ironsides protecting her, she sort of acts like an Imperial Guard leader in 40k. Still a bumfuck normal human but can array a mass of guns and cannons and anything that looks at her funny. Her campaign objectives could even be interesting, as her only interest is Nuln, it could be similar to the Wood Elf campaign, building up the Oak of Ages, except in her case it's the Jewel of the South.

EDIT: Like a chapter objective or quest that has her attacking someone just to retrieve something for Nuln. "A Bretonian noble insulted Nuln, raze X. A Dwarf insisted that Nuln is not the most superior technological location in the world, bring all the cannons upon the dwarves. Aracheon the Everchosen has arrived, Kill him for being willing to skip past Nuln and thinking of Altdorf as the most important place in the world."

Onmi fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 6, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Onmi posted:

My main dislike for playing Empire is, if you try to go political and convince all the factions to join you, the Elector Counts are just... dudes. And yeah, in the lore the majority of them are just dudes. But I'd like them to be unique, have different abilities, not just be generic Lords.

And you know I'd almost find Emmanuelle von Liebwitz an interesting campaign to play as. Since she's only concerned with Nuln, like... she stone cold doesn't give a gently caress about Wissenland. I dunno, she's not like... a badass fighter, but I could see her just being like "My superpower is I have more money than god and I come from one of the most technologically impressive cities in the world." She rocks onto the battlefield with a squad of Ironsides protecting her, she sort of acts like an Imperial Guard leader in 40k. Still a bumfuck normal human but can array a mass of guns and cannons and anything that looks at her funny. Her campaign objectives could even be interesting, as her only interest is Nuln, it could be similar to the Wood Elf campaign, building up the Oak of Ages, except in her case it's the Jewel of the South.

Compared to Franz they're all just basic dudes, at least in the purview of TW:W. Franz is the most special boy of the Empire and he's a really boring dude as far as, well, everything is concerned. Volkmar and Gelt are at least substantially different enough to make sense as alternate LLs, but Leitdorf is just a "funny" version of Franz. Also It's not like Franz gets special abilities that a regular Lord doesn't, I think.

But yeah magic death lady would be cool.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

jokes posted:

Compared to Franz they're all just basic dudes, at least in the purview of TW:W. Franz is the most special boy of the Empire and he's a really boring dude as far as, well, everything is concerned. Volkmar and Gelt are at least substantially different enough to make sense as alternate LLs, but Leitdorf is just a "funny" version of Franz. Also It's not like Franz gets special abilities that a regular Lord doesn't, I think.

But yeah magic death lady would be cool.

I have modded my game to the gills so I have no idea. but IIRC beyond Deathclaw and his quest items Karl is just a stronger Lord. Which is something I'd also like to change.

EDIT: Also I don't think I've ever really seen anything but Castellan-Engineer Jubal Falk would at least put the Castellan-Engineer Lord type and the actual man with the role in the game.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 6, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Onmi posted:

I have modded my game to the gills so I have no idea. but IIRC beyond Deathclaw and his quest items Karl is just a stronger Lord. Which is something I'd also like to change.

Agreed, it seems to be improper. He should just have better traits that normal Lords get, but the same type of traits: for example honest steel should affect all human units, or his aura-size buff trait should instead give a flat leadership bonus to all troops in his army, etc. Before he is Franz Ascendant, he's just a normal dude (who sometimes turns Super Saiyan). But he is the best of normal dudes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

jokes posted:

Agreed, it seems to be improper. He should just have better traits that normal Lords get, but the same type of traits: for example honest steel should affect all human units, or his aura-size buff trait should instead give a flat leadership bonus to all troops in his army, etc. Before he is Franz Ascendant, he's just a normal dude (who sometimes turns Super Saiyan). But he is the best of normal dudes.

Does any other army have this issue? is Thogrim just a Dwarf Lord who gets a throne? is Grimgor just an Orc Warboss but bigger?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well in Thorgrims case his throne is sort of a big deal since there are no mount options for Dwarf Lords (besides the DLC Rune Lords of course), his bigger size makes a difference between him and a generic lord.

Grimgor loses a shield and gains AP damage right off the bat but he also does not gain any mounts so hes a permanently feet-bound Orc Warboss+ In the vanilla game. He can hit harder than any other Orc Lord due to his unique skill Hatred but that really is it.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 6, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, I'm really glad that they went in a more interesting direction with the DLC lords.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gejnor posted:

Well in Thorgrims case his throne is sort of a big deal since there are no mount options for Dwarf Lords (besides the DLC Rune Lords of course), his bigger size makes a difference between him and a generic lord.

Grimgor loses a shield and gains AP damage right off the bat but he also does not gain any mounts so hes a permanently feet-bound Orc Warboss+ In the vanilla game. He can hit harder than any other Orc Lord due to his unique skill Hatred but that really is it.

Technically, the normal lords can get shield bearers ala Chief Vitalstatistix. It'd be an awesome addition to keep them from getting knocked on their asses constantly.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I'm really glad that they went in a more interesting direction with the DLC lords.

I think that the early lords suffer from "We don't know what we're doing with lords." with Manfred being the most unique in "Has Death magic too."

Later lords they got more interesting with and willing to do more with. I mean... compare Karl's unique skill, to adjust his leader size by 30 to Volkmar's free spells, buffs and the War Alter. Which places him different from the Arch Lector who does get free spells, but isn't just a Volkmar clone.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think they originally expected to make the LLs be distinguished by the campaign bonuses not their combat effectiveness and realized that it's really lame that the greatest statesman of all time, ruling over the richest province, with the loyalty and fealty of the greatest warriors of the Empire, wielding the greatest weapon of the Empire, gets a +5% campaign movement bonus and a cool mount and I think a -5% recruitment cost.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Im working on my latest build of Green Iz Best again, for those who care.

Last time i mentioned it i had made two new lord effects, but over time ive thought it was a bit too strong to have em as such and instead ive made them into mid/late game skills for Azhag's/Grimgor's army only:

This is Azhag's brand new skill Brutal Kunning, works the same way as Flagellants Strength of the Penitent, only activating if your unit is losing in melee.

Just good 'ole fashioned Frenzy with Grimgor, the angriest Git ever.

Brutal kunning has less stat bonuses, but is up at all times, Frenzy has more stats but goes away once a unit goes below 50% morale. I feel this makes it a good balance, also Frenzy is an offensive buff while BK is a defensive one, suiting to the lores of Azhag and Grimgor.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

are there any stories in warhammer of people sailing to the southern chaos waste or whatever is down there

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wonder if our adviser friend will return for game 2.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Willing to bet a nonzero amount of people who complain about the ending never actually earned the ending

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I wonder if our adviser friend will return for game 2.

I wish it was always an old guy but they theme him for each faction, with like a poo poo disguise. Like bad greenface for greenskins, fake rubber ears for high elfs, a foppish hat for the empire, a penciled on moustache for Bretonnia, something like that.

Maybe a mayan headdress for lizardmen.

Also, they should name him Mr. Worldwide.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

are there any stories in warhammer of people sailing to the southern chaos waste or whatever is down there

conspicuously ignored.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I have succeeded in giving Karl Franz the SLA Lord of Thunder. It functions perfectly fine beyond being kinda lovely which is more a problem with Urannon's Thunderbolt than anything. I could improve the radius or the amount of bolts it drops.

So the current skill tree I have in mind is...

Roiling Skies variant (Not sure what to do with it, but failing anything, I'll knock off the flying restriction and just have it lower the enemies Melee defense by 8 and their Missile Parry by 6.) - Call it something like... Wind of Azyr

Harmonic Convergence variant (probably just make it Overcast Harmonic Convergence on a cooldown of like 90) call it something like - In Sigmar's Name or whatever

Either a self-buff, a summon spell (If there was an unmounted Griffon unit I'd have that) Or a vortex like chain lightning. Essence of Ghal Maraz or something like that.

And then finish it off with Lord of Thunder, dropping his lightning bolts.

EDIT: So I think I'm going to change Lord of Thunder to drop in a larger radius than just 1 bolt with no real radius spread.

EDIT: HOW DID THAT BREAK THE ABILITY?!

EDIT: So I'm trying to determine how strong it should be. I have to consider that it's a late-game ability, you'll only get it after pretty much getting Ghal Maraz. I've got a few ideas, I'll leave it as a level 1 ability for now so people can test As it stands. It can half-health a unit of Reiksguard if it hits them direct and pretty much wipe out a Halberdier/Swordsman/Spearman group without upgrades/ranks. Right now it's 3 bolts doing 268 AP damage each, in a radius of 15. I don't know how that'll be vs Chaos or Dwarves because I'm just using the Grunburg fight to test. But who knows.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 7, 2017

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Holy crap. Apparently a new race pack will be released for Warhammer I before the end of the year. Ogres or Tomb Kings we thinking?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nash posted:

Holy crap. Apparently a new race pack will be released for Warhammer I before the end of the year. Ogres or Tomb Kings we thinking?

Tomb Kings are for game 2 for sure based on how they worded it. I'd put money on Ogres.

...Or maybe like Old World Skaven? Get them integrated into the map for 1 since its the center of their civilization and all and all you have to do is mostly port them from game 2. Kinda scummy, but I could see it since its not as much work as a new faction out of whole cloth.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nash posted:

I believe Tomb Kings were next on the list.

EDIT: Wait, where is this info?

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 7, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

The sounds of it suggest it's a pretty small addition, though. I would have guessed Moussilon or Estalia, maybe. I don't think it'll be anything that requires new models.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Fangz posted:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

The sounds of it suggest it's a pretty small addition, though.

Unless I'm blind or stupid, nothing in that post suggests it's smaller than any of the other race packs :confused:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It kinda sounds like they're hinting at Ogres from my reading. 'Something that benefits people who own the base game and DLC' suggests some kind of new universal mechanic, like mercenaries, and introducing that along with the Ogre Kingdoms would be cool.

Though I could also see 'hiring am Ogre/mercenary army' just be another reskinned Waagh variant where you get an uncontrolled stack that follows you or you point at your enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

peer posted:

Unless I'm blind or stupid, nothing in that post suggests it's smaller than any of the other race packs :confused:

Hmm, okay, I misread because I was conflating it with the Free-LC/Small update they mentioned. Never mind then.

I don't think it'll be Skaven anyway because they wouldn't undercut Warhammer 2 sales, and Tomb Kings also sounds more warhammer 2. Them saying "not Kislev" is also interesting.

• Locked thread