Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So if you're a member of Sony Rewards and completely forgot about it like I did you may want to check your email. I had spent enough on PSN for a gift card, apparently. The points expire, so it may be worth it to check into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvUvGPPQ1Ck

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Toilet Rascal
:black101: HELLBLADE :black101: out August 8, $30, digital only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-BlHwXJsX0

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That video explains the price and the lot, under any other publisher it'd been a $60 with shoehorned DLC. Onto the shoppinglist.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You could get me more on board by showing some actual gameplay, instead of a minute of begging

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that a ninja theory game? Im still mad at them so pass

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm gonna wait for reviews on HELLBLADE but the concept sounds interesting and I'm surprised it's ready to go in August.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Looks like persona, but girls only. Also running on Koei's janky rear end engine that they use for everything.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I loved Heavenly Sword, Enslaved was.... okay...ish. I hated DMC with every fiber of my being. I might pick the game up at half price if the reviews are positive.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that a ninja theory game? Im still mad at them so pass

What did they do?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bombadilillo posted:

What did they do?

Make bad games.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

From what I've read, Hellblade is more focused on the story and presentation than the combat system. You don't level up or unlock new moves or w/e, it's just there to serve the rest of the experience. It sounds like they're leaning on their strengths here. The project sounds risky and ambitious so I'm holding out for reviews too, but the concept has me really intrigued. I hope they achieve what they're trying to do with it.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Bombadilillo posted:

What did they do?

uh, DmC.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Renoistic posted:

I loved Heavenly Sword, Enslaved was.... okay...ish. I hated DMC with every fiber of my being. I might pick the game up at half price if the reviews are positive.

Do you think Heavenly Sword holds up today? I haven't had a PS3 until this year and I'm kinda curious.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I keep confusing ninja theory with team ninja, who actually makes good games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Did they not make Nioh? Cause that was very good.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Did they not make Nioh? Cause that was very good.

That's Team Ninja.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's Team Ninja.

Ah, welp.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Team Ninja: Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Hyrule Warriors, Metroid: Other M

Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, DmC

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Team Ninja: Nioh, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Hyrule Warriors, Metroid: Other M

Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, DmC

Team Ninja: Amazing, great, good, God Tier, Da gently caress this doing here?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Other M was heavily tampered with by the crazy-rear end Nintendo man responsible for the project.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Policenaut posted:

Other M was heavily tampered with by the crazy-rear end Nintendo man responsible for the project.

It's how Nintendo likes their waifus.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

It's how Nintendo likes their waifus.

I didn't like the core design. If you render a space in the full 3d and let me aim in there let me explore is in the way I want to. They hybrid was weird. Wasn't too bad though.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Do you think Heavenly Sword holds up today? I haven't had a PS3 until this year and I'm kinda curious.

Not really, no. But I do think it's pretty entertaining. The game is very linear and short, but that was kind of the point. It's probably the one game I've played that has come the closest to being a movie, in terms of pacing and length. Also, Andy Serkis is absolutely wonderful as the main villlain. This cannot be overstated. I think most of the actors do a decent job - the bad guys are these really weird, over-the-top saturday cartoon villains and really entertaining in their haminess, but Serkis is in another league. I could replay the game just to watch him chew up the scenery.

The gameplay itself is flashy but pretty shallow. Don't expect DMC, or even God of War here. But the animations are top-notch for their time and there are some neat setpieces. Do NOT try to unlock everything if you value your sanity. I have no idea how I managed it back in the day.

If you're interested, by all means get it for cheap. If nothing else get it for Serkis and the historical value.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 6, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Toilet Rascal
It's also a rare example of a fantasy setting that isn't just medieval Europe with magic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Speaking of Team Ninja, if I'm still in the middle of Nioh, but I quite like it, should I get the dlc?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

acksplode posted:

From what I've read, Hellblade is more focused on the story and presentation than the combat system. You don't level up or unlock new moves or w/e, it's just there to serve the rest of the experience. It sounds like they're leaning on their strengths here. The project sounds risky and ambitious so I'm holding out for reviews too, but the concept has me really intrigued. I hope they achieve what they're trying to do with it.

Didn't think I'd see someone post about Ninja Theory having their strength in story.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hellblade looks loving awesome, though.

Not like, looks like it will be an awesome game, like looks awesome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

Didn't think I'd see someone post about Ninja Theory having their strength in story.

*kicks this post off a ledge to show how bad rear end I am*

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Healbot posted:

Well, relative to brawler combat, yeah.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

h*ckblade

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Didn't Ninja Theory say they were rebooting their game last year or so? Is this going to be a really short game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FishBulb posted:

Speaking of Team Ninja, if I'm still in the middle of Nioh, but I quite like it, should I get the dlc?

Wait. By the time i finished i was very done

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait. By the time i finished i was very done

Is it the kind of thing that integrates with the main game or is it like a new game plus kinda thing

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: the dlc is quite good and adds a new weapon, which you don't have to wait till the dlc to use.

Edit: In addition to the new weapon, it's an additional endgame area.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Didn't Ninja Theory say they were rebooting their game last year or so? Is this going to be a really short game?

IIRC it's like a 6-10 hour campaign and that's it. That's why they're pricing it at $30.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What do they mean by "half the size of a AAA game"? The team was half as big or it's like 4 hours long?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Feeling it!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Probably means it's gonna be cheap poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just realized we are days from e3 and sony hasnt said any 1st party games have slipped their announced year like they always do ahead of time (uncharted/hzd) but then realized the only huge sony game left thats actually announced for 2017 is uncharted4.5

Imo they already killed this year so the rest is gravy but we are potentially gonna get another year like this in 2018 if gow, spiderman, daysgone, all launch and are solid titles