Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

pk subban is a god amonst mere mortals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PK's Halloween game is next level.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

flakeloaf posted:

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/792828896324517888

Just wanted to remind everybody this existed.

I may not want his team to win but he makes it nearly impossible to hate him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yellowcar posted:

PK's Halloween game is next level.

the prince outfit was great but this was world class

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Must be nice to be able to drop hundreds of dollars on a single use costume. Why doesn't moneybags there try giving some of that to charity?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

iospace posted:

Serious question here: why were you at any point worried about losing to the Caps?

Also serious question: did you watch much of the series? The Caps absolutely dominated the Pens. I don't read too much into their prior series.

Preds look good, but they don't look like they're totally controlling the games in the same way WSH did.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Also serious question: did you watch much of the series? The Caps absolutely dominated the Pens. I don't read too much into their prior series.

Preds look good, but they don't look like they're totally controlling the games in the same way WSH did.

Well they did hold the pens to 12 shots in game 1...

I hope Rinne doesn't become poo poo again when they head back to Pittsburgh. If he could keep up his performance of the last two that would be swell.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Rinne is dialed in and the Pens defense is a shambles. Preds will dominate the next two games and hoist the Cup in Nashville on Sunday.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Rinne is dialed in and the Pens defense is a shambles. Preds will dominate the next two games and hoist the Cup in Nashville on Sunday.

This is the ideal outcome

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

xzzy posted:

Must be nice to be able to drop hundreds of dollars on a single use costume. Why doesn't moneybags there try giving some of that to charity?

He gave $10 million to a children's hospital not too long ago, and does so much for charity that Canada awarded him a medal.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

sean10mm posted:

He gave $10 million to a children's hospital not too long ago, and does so much for charity that Canada awarded him a medal.

:thejoke:

Not an emptypost

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
PAS if you want to go to a game there's pretty cheap tickets right now on Stubhub for game 5. Like shockingly cheap.

e: Preds fans too I guess. It's infinitely cheaper than going to a game in Nashville for game 6 though I can't promise you won't get stabbed by a yinzer

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Id like Sullivan to go to guentzel - Crosby - hornqvist/sheary and then rust - malkin - kessel

Get Kunitz da fuq out of the top 6. Also more Crosby double shifts. Also Letang

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Ginette Reno posted:

PAS if you want to go to a game there's pretty cheap tickets right now on Stubhub for game 5. Like shockingly cheap.

e: Preds fans too I guess. It's infinitely cheaper than going to a game in Nashville for game 6 though I can't promise you won't get stabbed by a yinzer

The cheapest seat for game 6 is $1,450 in row Q of the top level of the arena, in the corner :stare:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

The cheapest seat for game 6 is $1,450 in row Q of the top level of the arena, in the corner :stare:

Yeah game 7 tickets are still at like 1k. Game 5 tickets are like 250ish for cheapest seats right now though which is amazing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Has to help even a little bit that Game 5 is on a weeknight.

E: and i'm guessing prices dropped a bit now that it's not a potential clinching game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This is my dream scenario but I don't want to get my hopes up too high because then I have to deal with the crushing disappointment if it doesn't happen

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
one wouldn't think a state consistently in the top 5 of "most people on food stamps" would have that much money to go and watch a sport they don't understand, but we live in strange times

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Has to help even a little bit that Game 5 is on a weeknight.

E: and i'm guessing prices dropped a bit now that it's not a potential clinching game.

Yeah that's exactly why. They were I think 600-700ish prior to last night's game.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

bewbies posted:

one wouldn't think a state consistently in the top 5 of "most people on food stamps" would have that much money to go and watch a sport they don't understand, but we live in strange times

Nashville is definitely not comparable with an entire state of people, genius

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

bewbies posted:

It's amazing you can post so much through all the tears.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

you are literally saltier than the goddamn Dead Sea

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope someone has a nice Predsatar for Bewbies ready to go after this weekend.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

bewbies posted:

What happened to make you like this? :smith:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
right now dave ramsey is trying to choose which bible verse he'll use to admonish nashvillians liquidating their 401ks to by nosebleed seats

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

right now dave ramsey is trying to choose which bible verse he'll use to admonish nashvillians liquidating their 401ks to by nosebleed seats

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bewbies posted:

hahahahahahaha amazing

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

bewbies posted:

I'm rooting for the Pens here but holy lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

Well they can't use Genesis 19:26 since you've got that one locked up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DaveRamsey/status/871917175489122304

I guess he was there in normal person seats

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Aphrodite posted:

:drat:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Most things bewbies posts about Nashville are also true about St. Louis

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

well you just remember Job 24:11

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bewbies posted:

quote:

They crush olives among the terraces[a];
they tread the winepresses, yet suffer thirst.
:confused:

You probably need some 1 Peter 4:9

quote:

“Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

oh bother

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Thufir posted:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/872108441950724096

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How is the Blues fan so much more salty than every Hawks fan here combined when our team was the one swept while being held to 3(!) loving goals?

Also if the Preds win I end up with a very terrifying av, so go Pens.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Furnaceface posted:

How is the Blues fan so much more salty than every Hawks fan here combined when our team was the one swept while being held to 3(!) loving goals?

Also if the Preds win I end up with a very terrifying av, so go Pens.

It's bewbies projecting his self-hatred of the Blues and the garbage town of St. Louis, the undisputed champion of terrible cuisine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

even detroit is better than st louis :laugh:

• Locked thread